PDA

View Full Version : Possible revokes of commitments?

goodlookin
12-13-2007, 06:10 PM
With all the big name coaching changes at schools, how can this affect national signing day? Will, most notably, michigan and arkansas be vastly affected or will petrino and whatever big name michigan signs right the respective ships?

504 to ATL
12-16-2007, 01:41 AM
I expect A&M, LSU, and the above to all be affected. Either by recruits overlooking those programs completely or backing out of commitments completely.

bearsfan_51
12-16-2007, 01:43 AM
I'm just going out on a limb here, but I don't think too many people went to Michigan to play for Lloyd Carr specifically.

I think a program like Michigan is going to be able to recruit no matter who their coach is.

Arkansas might be a different story, but Petrino is arguably an upgrade, so probably not.

big daddy russ
12-16-2007, 01:57 PM
As far as A&M goes, they lost a much-needed top-250 DB (Markelle Martin out of Wichita Falls, four stars on Rivals) and one of the top junior DB's in Craig Loston out of Houston.

On the flip side, after Sherman came to campus they convinced a Top 150 WR to jump ship from Oklahoma in order to round out their class. He's a four-star prospect according to Rivals, but if you believe what's coming from the people within the program he was much better than Rivals gave him credit for.

It sounds like a give-and-take. The Ags' weakest positions at this point are LB and WR, but they have some young studs who may or may not step up and become key players next year (most notably Von Miller at LB and Roger Holland at WR). What they lost, though, were some young, much-needed DB's. The Ags have some athletes they recruited who may slide into DB, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Basically, it's been a wash, but from the sound of things there's a little buzz about A&M around the recruiting community. A lot are waiting to see what Sherman does before committing, so we may have to wait until next year before we see anything, but they still have that last scholly open in case they pick up a big recruit between now and the end of the year. If they pick up another four- or five-star, it'll wind up being every bit the class that Fran had lined up. It's already top ten. I guess we'll see.

oregonbucfan
12-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Darron Thomas decommited from LSU, think it had to do something with the coaches saying something and doing something else. Decided on Oregon over Florida. Think LSU lost another QB too

504 to ATL
12-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah LSU had Darron and D C Jefferson committed, but DC did not want to deal with competition according to his coach so he backed out and went back to Rutgers.

Darron was upset with LSU having 3 QB's committed and the word was he would be moved to another position, so he left as well.

Rich Jr
12-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I expect A&M, LSU, and the above to all be affected. Either by recruits overlooking those programs completely or backing out of commitments completely.On what grounds? LSU is only missing a DC and once Tenuta comes we will have one of the best overall coaching staffs in the nation.

504 to ATL
12-22-2007, 11:45 PM
On what grounds? LSU is only missing a DC and once Tenuta comes we will have one of the best overall coaching staffs in the nation.

notice the date of that post. That was in the midst of all the Michigan - Miles turmoil.

WildDude
12-26-2007, 12:07 AM
as happy as i am rutgers got DC i still believe once a player commits he should stick with it as he should sign his LOI right from the start not change around... well if that were the case DC woulda been at rutgers from the start he'll be beastly for us

and seriously how many qbs do LSU need they got one thats enough and hes a good one... not the best but good

TigerBait45
12-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Darron Thomas decommitted because he wanted to play QB and he wasn't going to at LSU, I think.

DC Jefferson knew he was never going to get onto the field, if for no other reason than because LSU already had a guy better than him in the class (Jordan Jefferson is a stud)

scottyboy
12-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah LSU had Darron and D C Jefferson committed, but DC did not want to deal with competition according to his coach so he backed out and went back to Rutgers.

Darron was upset with LSU having 3 QB's committed and the word was he would be moved to another position, so he left as well.

and the fact that Rutgers is the ****

504 to ATL
12-26-2007, 08:01 PM
and the fact that Rutgers is the ****

well if they want to take on players who can not deal with competition then good luck to them, lol.

oregonbucfan
12-26-2007, 09:06 PM

Yeah Darron left because apprantley they lied to him and said they were only recruiting one QB

oregonbucfan
12-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Darron Thomas decommitted because he wanted to play QB and he wasn't going to at LSU, I think.

DC Jefferson knew he was never going to get onto the field, if for no other reason than because LSU already had a guy better than him in the class (Jordan Jefferson is a stud)

No exactly, it had more to do with LSU telling him one thing and doing another. He actually wouldnt mind playing WR (said its his fav position). Hes going to Oregon where he knows they are after Pryor and good chance get Chris Harper.

WildDude
12-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Oregons gonna be scary... wait if hes considered a WR too why isnt he rated as an ATH? he'd be among the top spots

Jonny
12-27-2007, 03:35 AM
well if they want to take on players who can not deal with competition then good luck to them, lol.

Both DC and his Mom said LSU lied to them. They had to cut his HS coach out of the process because he was pushing them to LSU.

oregonbucfan
12-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Oregons gonna be scary... wait if hes considered a WR too why isnt he rated as an ATH? he'd be among the top spots

I read in an interview he likes WR better then QB and wouldnt mind playing it. At Oregon he will play QB only if Pryor comes. The reason hes not at LSU is because they lied to him.

Pocket
12-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm just going out on a limb here, but I don't think too many people went to Michigan to play for Lloyd Carr specifically.

I think a program like Michigan is going to be able to recruit no matter who their coach is.

Arkansas might be a different story, but Petrino is arguably an upgrade, so probably not.

I completely disagree about the Carr comment.

Running backs are my specific example. They love Michigan because they can run behind a great line, and get the ball 25+ times a game. Now that Carr is gone, that is going to change.

WildDude
12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
I completely disagree about the Carr comment.

Running backs are my specific example. They love Michigan because they can run behind a great line, and get the ball 25+ times a game. Now that Carr is gone, that is going to change.

sam mcguffie is in a better offense than he was before there no reason why he shouldnt tear it up with his athleticsm with Rich's offense... Noel Devine has superior athleticsm but their measurables are comparable in a way and he tore it up in the limited time he was in.