PDA

View Full Version : New Mock Coming Soon

Scott Wright
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey,

I am working on the new mock. Unfortunately it's looking like Friday might be out of the picture as I got bogged down with some administrative stuff most of today and got behind. I do plan to have it up sometime Saturday though so look out for it then.

princefielder28
12-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Good news! Can't wait!

Man_Of_Steel
12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Good news.

SuperKevin
12-13-2007, 10:50 PM
As long as the Bills aren't selecting OL in the first round I'll be happy.

SuperMcGee
12-13-2007, 10:55 PM
As long as the Bills aren't selecting OL in the first round I'll be happy.

I don't expect our pick to change. It might even end up making more sense with The OC (don't call it that) change.

SuperKevin
12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't expect our pick to change. It might even end up making more sense with The OC (don't call it that) change.

I'd love to see Malcolm Kelly but I'm worried he won't last long enough for us to draft him

OzTitan
12-13-2007, 11:13 PM

Heh, gotta love posts that incorporate an AD joke.

WR is the obvious pick for the Titans but I just don't see much point myself, unless it's DeSean because he actually offers something the Titans don't have at WR. Otherwise I don't see much point in brining in another young guy who could take years to develop like most young WR's. Based on the current mock I'd give the Titans Gholston at DE because that is going to be a need too.

bored of education
12-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I would hope that KC drafts someone that won't ********** ****** ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiG
12-14-2007, 08:10 AM
nice. give the skins o line or gholston!!!

Captain Canuck
12-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I'd love to see Malcolm Kelly but I'm worried he won't last long enough for us to draft him

I'd also like to see Kelly for us in the first, but if he's gone i'd like Aqib Talib in the 1st, and DJ Hall in the 2nd

etk
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe the Bucs won't be the first playoff team drafting this time...

iloxygenil
12-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Finally the Falcons won't have Brohm as their selection

Rich Jr
12-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Please find a way for Kenny Phillips to fall to the Saints.

If not Cason or Malcolm Jenkins.

DChess
12-14-2007, 12:39 PM
im donw with mine i jsut gotta do the write up for the first round, better put it out before people think i copied yours

Cashmoney
12-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Heh, gotta love posts that incorporate an AD joke.

WR is the obvious pick for the Titans but I just don't see much point myself, unless it's DeSean because he actually offers something the Titans don't have at WR. Otherwise I don't see much point in brining in another young guy who could take years to develop like most young WR's. Based on the current mock I'd give the Titans Gholston at DE because that is going to be a need too.

I dont understand why a DE is a need. KVB is excellent, and Antwan Odom and Travis Laboy are very good. Plus we have the cap room to resign both.

PossumBoy9
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
No Jake Long for the Rams please.

Chris Long would be just fine.

Draft King
12-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Now I pray for Run Dmc.

fenikz
12-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Gholston, Jenkins, Cason or Otah for the Cards :)

Sveen
12-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks. Looking forward to it :)

Ewing
12-15-2007, 05:35 AM
Anyone other than James Hardy, DeSean Jackson or Malcolm Kelly is unacceptable.

WMD
12-15-2007, 06:34 AM
Give Calais Campbell to the Lions and I'll make sure that your family lives comfortably for the rest of your life.

OzTitan
12-15-2007, 08:02 AM
I dont understand why a DE is a need. KVB is excellent, and Antwan Odom and Travis Laboy are very good. Plus we have the cap room to resign both.

Because our defense lives and dies by the front 4 since Schwartz doesn't like to blitz. It's doubtful we'll resign both and even if we do, both are depth players with injury concerns. If we could land a bona fide impact DE our D as a whole would improve a fair bit.

WR is a decent option too but I just don't know if there will be value for it where we're picking, unless we pull off a magical playoff run and pick late. Plus as I mentioned I'm not sure this team needs another young WR who could take a while to offer anything significant.

However I guess DE itself is almost as unlikely an impact position for a rookie really - look at Mario, all the physical prowess in the world and he is only just starting to play like you'd expect near the end of his 2nd year. Most young DE's seem to be the same - don't recall hearing anything from Adams or Anderson so far this year.

I personally would love to get Dan Connor or that OSU MLB but that's a long shot since our scheme seems to limit the importance of a MLB, and although Connor could stay on the field for every down, Fisher isn't replacing Thornton or Bulluck in nickel packages with a rookie.

Sounds crazy but I wouldn't be surprised to see us go CB again if the value is there, particularly if Pacman's situation isn't crystal clear by then. I'd love for us to get Stewart at HB too but Fisher isn't giving up on White I don't think. I guess it's hard to argue that WR isn't the most likely pick, I'm just skeptical because it doesn't seem like the Fisher thing to do. One thing is for certain to me - if Fisher and Co are not *convinced* of a WR's abilities and projection to work out in the NFL, I don't see them choosing one for the sake of choosing one. If Fisher has to give up picking a precious defensive player he sure as hell isn't going to spend it on just any offensive player.

BamaFalcon59
12-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Run DMC or Jake Long for the Falcons. If both are gone then Glenn Dorsey. But no reach for a QB. And no Matt Ryan.

jetsfan0099
12-15-2007, 10:27 AM
The mock is coming today right?? Cant wait!

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Is it today?

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Yep it is today, yeah baby! Cant wait to see it. I am gonna create a mock too I think. Anyone know where I can find a place to create one?

Sveen
12-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Just create one here on the forums. Doesn't have to be harder than this:

1. Miami Dolphins - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
2. New England Patriots (f/SF) - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I just was wondering if there was like a setup you could use. I dont need help making my pics bro. And new england doesnt need a running back. They'll need a DB

jayceheathman
12-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I just was wondering if there was like a setup you could use. I dont need help making my pics bro. And new england doesnt need a running back. They'll need a DB

mymockdraft.com is a pretty good source.

Sveen
12-15-2007, 04:35 PM

That was a setup, and the picks where just the first players I thought of ;)

jayceheathman
12-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey,

I am working on the new mock. Unfortunately it's looking like Friday might be out of the picture as I got bogged down with some administrative stuff most of today and got behind. I do plan to have it up sometime Saturday though so look out for it then.

I just noticed Scotts quote and my dad tells me that like everyday. If I get a lecture its usually about him wanting me to be a millionaire or some famous movie star and he always tells me "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

CC.SD
12-15-2007, 04:59 PM
If there's still time Scott, Okam is a not a good choice for the Chargers. They have one pick before the fifth round, and Brandon McKinney, a huge undrafted guy, has been beasting it up as Jamal's main backup. He'll get a start tomorrow with Jamal a little banged up.

The Bolts do have serious holes at safety and along the right side of the O-line. They need someone to start alongside Weddle next year, since McCree and Hart are both simply not NFL starting caliber.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Any D-lineman not named Campbell, or Darren McFadden, make Oakland's pick near perfect.

Not that this post will sway you. I just wanted to chime in with all the other pointless pleas for players.

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 06:12 PM
I am sorry to say that due to some other business obligations (which I'll let you know about when I can) I'm still behind on writing up the mock draft analysis which means that it won't be up until VERY late Saturday / early Sunday at the earliest. Worst-case scenario it WILL be up by Monday. Sorry!

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Handle ya' bidness, Scott.

"(which I'll let you know about when I can)"

Sounds like someone got an interview, or Scott pickpocketed some insider dirt.

Busy weekends are usually productive weekends. Don't rush anything, man. Git'r done, but git'r done right.

Babylon
12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I am sorry to say that due to some other business obligations (which I'll let you know about when I can) I'm still behind on writing up the mock draft analysis which means that it won't be up until VERY late Saturday / early Sunday at the earliest. Worst-case scenario it WILL be up by Monday. Sorry!

What's her name?:)

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 07:04 PM

Ahhh. And here I was thinking with a PG mind.

Hard to finish a mock when you're tied up having candle wax poured on your chest, eh Scott?

Babylon
12-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Ahhh. And here I was thinking with a PG mind.

Hard to finish a mock when you're tied up having candle wax poured on your chest, eh Scott?

Scott's the man, he isnt Jordy Nelson but he's still bigtime.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 07:11 PM
I heard he once cheated on Kim Kardashian with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and still had enough left to throw down a few player profiles.

Scott Wright > Chuck Norris

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Business obligations = Malt Liquor

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Business obligations = Malt Liquor

More like Jack Daniels!

Just kidding.

I am actually working on the mock now and have 22 picks left to update the analysis for. I got the tunes going though and going to start a marathon writing session.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 07:29 PM
More like Jack Daniels!

Just kidding.

I am actually working on the mock now and have 22 picks left to update the analysis for. I got the tunes going though and going to start a marathon writing session.

I guess when a man's got a mock to finish, he shows no mercy when kicking a honey out of the sack.

"Here's a 20 for cab fare. Beat it."

Grave Digger
12-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks Scott!

Not that it matters but I don't think Steve Slaton is a good fit for the Packers.

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks Scott!

Not that it matters but I don't think Steve Slaton is a good fit for the Packers.

Let's just say you won't have to worry about that this time around...

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 07:37 PM
I think Slaton's fallen out of Rd1, so I doubt you have to worry about that.

Babylon
12-15-2007, 07:42 PM
More like Jack Daniels!

Just kidding.

Jordy,Jordy,Jordy.......

etk
12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Jordy,Jordy,Jordy.......

You don't have to beg for the greatest prospect of all time to be in Scott's mock. I think the only reason Jordy wasn't in the last mock was because Scott wants him to his self.

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Jordy,Jordy,Jordy.......

I hate to break it to you but the only way Jordy has a chance of making the mock is if I extend it to five or six rounds...

niel89
12-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I hate to break it to you but the only way Jordy has a chance of making the mock is if I extend it to five or six rounds...

completely owned

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 08:01 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/152/118GHMILY~Guess-How-Much-I-Love-You-Posters.jpg

I'll give you a hint...it's a lot.

scottyboy
12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
i expect Jeremy Ito to the Giants with pick 31 in the 1st round.

I then will awake from my slumber and pray Antoine Cason is our pick!

Tampa 2 4 life
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
i expect Jeremy Ito to the Giants with pick 31 in the 1st round.

I then will awake from my slumber and pray Antoine Cason is our pick!

What would you do if the Giants ever picked up a player from one of your Big East rivals...If you go so Homerish for Rutgers I'd hate to see what happens if you get a WVU player...

scottyboy
12-15-2007, 08:19 PM
What would you do if the Giants ever picked up a player from one of your Big East rivals...If you go so Homerish for Rutgers I'd hate to see what happens if you get a WVU player...

like if we picked Mike Jenkins from USF round 1? I'd be confused, and not know what to do. I'd have like a system overload and my head would explode

Tampa 2 4 life
12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
like if we picked Mike Jenkins from USF round 1? I'd be confused, and not know what to do. I'd have like a system overload and my head would explode

You do know you have Kawika Mitchell right..?

*Waits for explosion*

scottyboy
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
You do know you have Kawika Mitchell right..?

*Waits for explosion*

he's part caveman, he doesnt count. We also have Sam Madison, but when those guys were playing, Rutgers was still losing to pop warner teams. that was the pre-Leonard era.

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
As of 8:45pm central time on Saturday night I have 17 more picks to write the analysis for...

draftguru151
12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll give you a hint...it's a lot.

DAMN YOU. You stole my sig quote. :'(

cardsalltheway
12-15-2007, 09:01 PM

Brady Quinn

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 09:13 PM

Brady Quinn

Touché... Good one!

ATLDirtyBirds
12-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Awesome. Just great.

iloxygenil
12-15-2007, 09:46 PM
update?

I'm excited...just wondering if it's worth staying up late tonight for, or if I should just check it in the morning.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 09:53 PM
I get the feeling Scott's going to have to redo his mock, unless he predicted a 9ers win tonight.

Scotty D
12-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Push through the night Scott! You can do it!

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
update?

I'm excited...just wondering if it's worth staying up late tonight for, or if I should just check it in the morning.

Go to sleep.

I get the feeling Scott's going to have to redo his mock, unless he predicted a 9ers win tonight.

Not gonna re-work it, the mock order will be through week fourteen.

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 10:22 PM
10:20pm (central) and I have ten picks left to go.

Break time!

crazyisme
12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
way to go scott, way to make us minnesotan's proud!!!

im stoked to see who you think the Vikes will land, its kind of a crap shoot IMO, there'll probably be some decent WR's available, but im not sure if thats where i want them to go, im happy my boys are playing well enough to be in the playoff hunt, but its taking them out of the phillips running, and he's probably the player we need the most outside of Gholston!

d34ng3l021
12-15-2007, 10:57 PM
I would like to see what Falcons get without Petrino here anymore...

Are you going to just keep working until you are done, or do some more picks, go to sleep, and finish it up in the morning?

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I would like to see what Falcons get without Petrino here anymore...

Are you going to just keep working until you are done, or do some more picks, go to sleep, and finish it up in the morning?

The goal is to knock it out tonight, whatever time that might be.

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey Scott, do you live in Minneapolis? Your profile used to say that as I recall.

Scott Wright
12-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey Scott, do you live in Minneapolis? Your profile used to say that as I recall.

Nope, north of the cities. A small town.

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Scott you are the man! As long as J Stew doesnt end up in seattle again.

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 11:32 PM
For his sake he would be happy considering he played high school ball up there, but I hate the seattle sea hawks...haha

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 11:33 PM
If you live near Minnetonka, would you mind slapping the dudes that own G&K Teamwear for me? Thanks.

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
For his sake he would be happy considering he played high school ball up there, but I hate the seattle sea hawks...haha
Hahahahahahahahaha....

Oh wait that's not funny.

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 11:39 PM
I just wouldnt wanna see him there, cause hes my boy and I dont like the sea hawks, wasnt intended on being funny, haha is a saying I always use just a habit.

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 11:39 PM
If you live near Minnetonka, would you mind slapping the dudes that own G&K Teamwear for me? Thanks.

Minnetonka is West of the Minneapolis.

WMD
12-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha....

It's funny because nobody likes the Seahawks.

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Oh I see. Makes sense

AlexDown
12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha....

Jeeze. Little harsh eh?

Scott Wright
12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
The night owls are going to be rewarded with the first look at the new mock.

I have four more picks to do and I will put it up to you guys to check out while I proof read it.

You gotta promise to click on some ads though, starting with the one at the bottom of this page! :)

AlexDown
12-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Mmmmmmm Chronic Psoriasis......

Tampa 2 4 life
12-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Must stay awake...

AlexDown
12-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Whoops!!!!!!!

Windy
12-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Al Davis doesn't take Quarterbacks.

oldLibid21
12-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Can't wait for it to go out and see what you think the Falcons will do now that Petrino's out of Atlanta and, although nothing is guaranteed, Singletary is looking to get the head coaching job here. I think if Singletary's the coach, we will go with Laurinaitis as our first pick.

Thanks for the heads up, Scott!

OregonDucks
12-16-2007, 01:31 AM
I took a quick nap and now I am back on here awaiting the new mock! Hooray! PLease be a good raider pick please!

jayceheathman
12-16-2007, 01:47 AM
I took a quick nap and now I am back on here awaiting the new mock! Hooray! PLease be a good raider pick please!

It feels like its Christmas and everyone is staying up to be the first one to see Scott's famous mock draft.

OregonDucks
12-16-2007, 01:48 AM
HAHAHA Yeah I know. I cant wait.

nobodyinparticular
12-16-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm waitin'...