PDA

View Full Version : Louisville's Anthony Allen to transfer

SuperKevin
12-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Sophomore Rb Anthony Allen is transferring from Louisville due to not being happy with his role in Steve Kragthorpe's offense. He wants to play in a more physical running attack. Louisville will block him from transferring to any school in the Big East, on their schedule for the next 3 years, and Arkansas.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200771213027

Allen is in my opinion, one of the best sophomore running backs in the country. He has great size at 6'1" 232 lbs and enough speed to be a big play threat. I'm interested to see where he goes. He's a Tampa, FL native but Louisville won't allow him to go to South Florida. Could he wind up at Florida State? Or does he go to UCF to replace Kevin Smith?

VoteLynnSwan
12-13-2007, 11:16 PM
it's incredibly lame that teams can block players transferring.

etk
12-13-2007, 11:27 PM
There should be a rule that players can't transfer to another team in their conference, and that's it. No more blocking. Just let him go back to Arkansas to play for the man who recruited him instead of being a huge ****.

SuperKevin
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
There should be a rule that players can't transfer to another team in their conference, and that's it. No more blocking. Just let him go back to Arkansas to play for the man who recruited him instead of being a huge ****.

Well, Allen's dad said Anthony Allen doesn't want to go to Arkansas anyway at this time

etk
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
That's odd. Arkansas really doesn't have any outstanding options on their roster right now at RB for the future. I don't think he will go to FSU and with Arkansas and USF out of the picture there's no leads on where he'll go.

Edit: UCF was his next-best option coming out of HS. Boston College, Clemson & Georgia Tech are also possibilities. I think he'll go to UCF, which is a complete 180 from UL's offense.

nhlkdog411
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
What does this mean for Louisville's running game? The only other guy coming back with good rushing numbers is Bolen...does he start or do they use someone else and keep him as fullback/change of pace?

Canadian_kid16
12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
it may be stupid, but what if he goes to FAU or FIU or something? JUst throwing that out there...

SuperKevin
12-14-2007, 02:05 PM
it may be stupid, but what if he goes to FAU or FIU or something? JUst throwing that out there...

Seems like the guy wants a chance to improve his draft stock so taking that far of a step back wouldn't be smart. Besides, FAU is running an offense around talented QB Rusty Smith.

etk
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM

FIU? Imagine, lol. I think it's a done deal for UCF but that's all speculation on my part. Even if Smith returns for his Senior season he will leave just in time for Allen to dominate for 2 years.

draftguru151
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Yea Louisville's offense is in A LOT of trouble.

I'd love for him to go to UCF.

P-L
12-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Yea Louisville's offense is in A LOT of trouble.

I'd love for him to go to UCF.
They have Hunter Cantwell dg. HUNTER CANTWELL!!!

Notredameleo
12-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Our offense isn't in trouble, we have Cantwell, who is a more than capable QB.. We Bolen, and Bilal Powell, who really showed a lot in the last couple of games.. At receiver, we have Urrutia, Spillman, Carter, and others.. our line is going to be young, is the only problem.. Our defense on the other hand is a different story...!

Sniper
12-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Our offense isn't in trouble, we have Cantwell, who is a more than capable QB.. We Bolen, and Bilal Powell, who really showed a lot in the last couple of games.. At receiver, we have Urrutia, Spillman, Carter, and others.. our line is going to be young, is the only problem.. Our defense on the other hand is a different story...!

You don't have Urrutia...

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/14/sports/FBC-Louisville-Urrutia.php

BamaFalcon59
12-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Bilal Powell looked great when I watched him play Rutgers. This is better for the team IMO.

BradRoper
12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
The best thing, besides Cantwell, Bolen and Powell, is Louisville has Jeff Brohm as the offensive coordinator!