PDA

View Full Version : mock draft help

fenikz
12-14-2007, 12:27 AM
When ever I'm doing a mock I have no idea who to give you guys, assuming your picking around the pick #26 range who would you take at that spot?

TACKLE
12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I like Erin Henderson because he has the experience and versatility to play all 4 spots in the 3-4. ILB is a priority but other than that, the Chargers will probably go with the BPA.

JK17
12-14-2007, 01:09 AM
I think you have to go with the BPA at either ILB, Safety, Right Tackle, or if great depth is there, cornerback because those are the biggest weak spots. The problem is, we are not a phenomonal team but when looking at the roster its hard to say who we shud replace.

Average OT LB
12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I think you have to go with the BPA at either ILB, Safety, Right Tackle, or if great depth is there, cornerback because those are the biggest weak spots. The problem is, we are not a phenomonal team but when looking at the roster its hard to say who we shud replace.

I agree, just not with the ILB part. I'd be pretty angry if we took a LB in the first round, it wouldnt make sense. We have good players there, there are positions where that is not the case, like the other positions you mentinoed. I understand our new need for depth at the LB position, which is why i wouldnt go so far as to say i wouldnt understand us taking a LB.. it would be smart in the later rounds to take both ILB and OLB... just not in the first, thats silly.

bergo23
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Either Cherilous, or Otah.........maybe a Oher or Loadholt if they declare.....so my hope is for one of those 4.....its a real weak safety class unless Talib Aquib can be a safety.

Those would be votes.

bergo23
12-16-2007, 06:52 AM
The Kid from NC State is intriguing, but if Cherilous is available, as is solid a RT prospect as Scott thinks he is, he would be our pick.

Bob Sanders would be our dream fix at safety (but he is hurt alot!)......maybe a prospect at Corner, who we could convert to a safety, Malcolm Jenkins if he does not run well....may slide.

Overall this does not seem like a great draft, which is why AJ has done a masterful job at trading away our picks for players we need (Weddle, Chambers)......but I think the likelihood is that we attempt to fix our problem at RT with a stud bookend to match big Mac!!!!! LT would be very happy with this pick.