PDA

View Full Version : Blesto's Top 10 Seniors

toonsterwu
12-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Not sure if people caught this, but Blesto's top 10 seniors were in a Dan Pompei note on chicagosports.com

Nothing too surprising, but certainly food for thought.

If this has been mentioned, I apologize. Been busy so haven't gone through all the threads.

(alphabetical order)

"Sam Baker, USC offensive tackle; Brian Brohm, Louisville quarterback; Glenn Dorsey, LSU defensive tackle; Sedrick Ellis, USC defensive tackle; Mike Jenkins, South Florida cornerback; Chris Long, Virginia defensive end; Jake Long, Michigan offensive tackle; Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh offensive tackle; Keith Rivers, USC linebacker; Matt Ryan, Boston College quarterback."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-071213pompei,1,749907.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Tampa 2 4 life
12-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Jeff Otah is interesting. I think he has to work on his technique a bit, Selvie made him look foolish a few times. Definitely worth a late 1st though.

toonsterwu
12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
For me, nothing's changed on Otah. I still think he's a work in progress, and I'm still awfully wary of him. But I think he's got a good chance of going anywhere from the early-mid first area on a mixture of potential.

Btw, if a mod could edit that to say Blesto's top 10 seniors, I'd appreciate it.

I think the most interesting thing to me for that list was the lack of Andre Woodson.

oh, one other btw, this list is just for now. It's likely to change. I can't remember a year where any of the scouting services actually hit on the top 10, although my memory's a bit shoddy of late.

P-L
12-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Btw, if a mod could edit that to say Blesto's top 10 seniors, I'd appreciate it.
Anything for you, toon.

Iamcanadian
12-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Otah has only played football for 5 years so some team will take him pretty high on potential. He isn't a finished prospect by any means but he may be seen as having the highest upside of any OT in this draft.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-15-2007, 01:00 PM
I'd agree that the lack of Andre Woodson is intriguing, as is the presence of Sam Baker and Mike Jenkins (more surprised about Baker though).