PDA

View Full Version : Which QB Should Be Taken First?

TouchdownUSC
12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Which QB should be taken first?

bearsfan_51
12-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Haha...Colt Brennan.....

12-14-2007, 08:18 PM
From what Ive read Matt Ryan is the consensus #1 QB amongst all teams followed by Brian Brohm. After that its between Woodson and Brennan and it differs from team to team.

cardsalltheway
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Gimme Andre Woodson. He's got great accuracy and seems to me like he's a great leader who makes those around him better. It's so cliche, but he has that "it" factor.

NYGibril28
12-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Gimme Andre Woodson. He's got great accuracy and seems to me like he's a great leader who makes those around him better. It's so cliche, but he has that "it" factor.

I think Woodson has the most star potential, but also the most bust potential. He's got a great arm, and great intangibles, but he forces a lot of throws and has a bit of an unorthodox delivery.

bearsfan_51
12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
From what Ive read Matt Ryan is the consensus #1 QB amongst all teams followed by Brian Brohm. After that its between Woodson and Brennan and it differs from team to team.
Where in the world have you read that?

There's the top three, then there's everyone else. Brennan by most accounts isn't even the favorite to be the next of the 2nd tier.

Travis 24
12-14-2007, 09:03 PM
To me..Its not really close..Brian Brohm

ATLDirtyBirds
12-14-2007, 09:08 PM
To me..Its not really close..Brian Brohm

Wow. Could you imagine him throwing to Jordy Nelson?

urinemonkey
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Joe Flacco

draftguru151
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM

There's the top three, then there's everyone else. Brennan by most accounts isn't even the favorite to be the next of the 2nd tier.

I was watching the CBS pre game show and the commentators said they had asked numerous NFL GM's about Colt and most had him as the #2 QB on their boards but a few had him ahead of Ryan who they said was #1. So I have to assume that he will go pretty high in round 1 probably in the 10 to 15 group.

Not quite what he said but something close.

Turtlepower
12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I think it all depends what system each team runs. I think that if it is a WCO, Brian Brohm. I think that for possibly a more pro-style offense, Matt Ryan.

Travis 24
12-14-2007, 09:56 PM

Ok................

Forenci
12-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I think Woodson has the most star potential, but also the most bust potential. He's got a great arm, and great intangibles, but he forces a lot of throws and has a bit of an unorthodox delivery.

Eh? I'm slightly confused my friend. One of the things I like about Woodson is that he takes care of the football. His release kind of reminds me of the way Brett Favre throws the football - though with some differences.

I think it's obvious I like Woodson as the number one QB in this years draft. I think he has the highest ceiling of any QB this year, but does indeed have some bust potential.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Matt Ryan. There's just something about him to me that screams 'bust' of course, I could easily be wrong. It just seems like he has these spurts of inaccuracy and break downs in his mechanics. If he lands a good QB coach I think he'll be fine though.

Shane P. Hallam
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Easily Matt Ryan IMO. He has the intangibles and enough tools to build on. I don't think any QB in this class becomes a superstar, but I think many have what it takes to be consistent NFL starting QBs.

12-14-2007, 10:09 PM

If you were wondering the source is former Texans GM Charlie Casserly who has spoken to numerous NFL GMs across the league.

etk
12-14-2007, 10:50 PM

ZOMG!! Paul Smith + Brian Brohm + Jordy Nelson = Championship!!

I GOTZ IT!!!

Smith & Brohm line up side by side in the shotgun. One gets the ball, one pretends he got the ball. Nelson runs a fade, jumps on the defenders head, stretches his arm 10 feet, catches the ball on his pinky and sprints 60 yards to the endzone in 1.21 seconds. You could even run some statue of liberty trick pass options between the 2 QBs, but the ball would somehow have to make it to Nelson's hands to score.

CHAMP55NZ1P! N00 WA1T DYNA5TY! I GOTZ IT FOR REALZ!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/super-bowl-ring.jpg

bingbing
12-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Eh? I'm slightly confused my friend. One of the things I like about Woodson is that he takes care of the football.

lol!!!! Okay...we'll just act like you are speaking the truth and ignore his ridiculous number of fumbles over the past few seasons.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Smith & Brohm line up side by side in the shotgun. One gets the ball, one pretends he got the ball. Nelson runs a fade, jumps on the defenders head, stretches his arm 10 feet, catches the ball on his pinky and sprints 60 yards to the endzone in 1.21 seconds. You could even run some statue of liberty trick pass options between the 2 QBs, but the ball would somehow have to make it to Nelson's hands to score.

CHAMP55NZ1P! N00 WA1T DYNA5TY! I GOTZ IT FOR REALZ!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/super-bowl-ring.jpgIm pretty sure you forgot this.

cardsalltheway
12-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Im pretty sure you forgot this.

Way to actually read the post and understand what he was saying

bearsfan_51
12-14-2007, 11:37 PM
If you were wondering the source is former Texans GM Charlie Casserly who has spoken to numerous NFL GMs across the league.
Well that's a bit of an eye-opener. I'm not too saavy as to the overall accuracy of Casserly's reports, but he makes a lot of speculations and paraphrases them with "having spoken to numerous GMs across the league". I think sometimes he likes to think he's a lot more relavent than he really is.

We shall see though.

jayceheathman
12-14-2007, 11:46 PM
I think Colt Brennan will be the best QB out of this group. He obviously wont be the first taken but I believe in a few years down the road he will have the best career out of the 4.

BuddyCHRIST
12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Ive seen Woodson play alot and he has continually impressed me. Even when he was inconsistent as a Sophmore when I saw him play against Louisville (and Dumerville had like 6 sacks) I still kept thinking that this kid looks like a player.

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 12:52 AM
The only thing that I really don't like about Woodson is his pocket presence. His footwork just isn't all that great, it's almost Bledsoe-esque, and I put a lot more stock into that then throwing mechanics which I personally think are overrated.

Don Vito
12-15-2007, 12:52 AM
I would Ryan just over Woodson then Brohm. Ryan has had very few weapons to work with and played pretty well. He has all of the tools to succeed as well. Woodson and Brohm are great prospects too, I just like Ryan as a pro QB more.

Do you guys think Joe Flacco has a legit shot at round 1? He didn't but too much zip on the ball and made a few dumb throws, but he was very aware/evasive in the pocket, showed he could run, and performed well despite awful o-line play and relatively poor performances from his wideouts. Delaware was outmatched and Flacco still looked pretty damn good.

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Matt Ryan, great size and great accuracy. He will go first. Mark my words.

TACKLE
12-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Matt Ryan has everything you look for. Size, arm strength, accuracy, production, intangables, and the ability to carry his team. I think he is clearly the Top QB in this years draft.

TyronePoole38
12-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Brennan isn't in the same class as Woodson Ryan or Brohm

Brennan is at best a 2nd rounder IMO

1-Ryan
2-Woodson
3-Brohm

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Way to actually read the post and understand what he was sayingway to understand that the asterik has nothing to do with the post other than the picture.

Staubach12
12-15-2007, 01:51 PM
I think Colt Brennan will be the best QB out of this group. He obviously wont be the first taken but I believe in a few years down the road he will have the best career out of the 4.

I agree. Brennan is the only one with that "IT" factor for me. He's a gamer.

BamaFalcon59
12-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Brian Brohm then Colt Brennan.

Matt Ryan will be a bust. I don't feel like describing why.

Andre Woodson will need a good situation. His athleticism is overrated due to him being black (not racist, just a fact) and he fumbles too much. His release is also slow. His arm strength is good but isn't amazing like some people say.

Colt Brennan I like a lot in a offense suited to him. Detroit, Saint Louis, Atlanta, etc etc.

TouchdownUSC
12-15-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree that Brennan has the "it" factor. i think he will be the most successful out of any of the QBs in the draft. He just needs some weight. I think Brian Brohm has the second best success rate.