PDA

View Full Version : The D-Unit & SuperKevin Mock Show!

D-Unit
12-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Welcome ladies and gents! Welcome to the first D & S Mock Show!

I, D-Unit will be taking the odds and SK will be taking the evens. We'll each choose the team that will be making the pick and the selection to go with it.

With no further adieu...

1. Miami Dolphins :: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas :: Cam Cameron understands what a multifunction dynamic RB like DMAC can mean to a team. I'm sure he wishes he was able to bring LT with him to Miami. He can't afford to miss this pick. DMAC and Brown will form a potent committee... something both backs are accustomed to. This is a guy that took Ted Ginn last year saying he wanted an exciting offense. Here's another step in that direction.

2. New England Patriots (via San Francisco) ::Vernon Gholston OLB Ohio State :: A HUGE reach at this point but it's hard to argue against a team with so few needs. The only weak spot on this team is the lack of youth at linebacker. Gholston is a physical nightmare for opposing offenses and should be the best pass rusher the Pats have had since a young Willie McGinest.

3. St. Louis Rams :: Chris Long DE Viriginia :: Long is the unquestioned premier pass rusher in the draft. He's too talented to pass up for anyone else here. The Rams pass rush is need of some serious help. Playing next to last year's first rounder Adam Carriker will be very imposing to opponents for many years to come.

4. Atlanta Falcons :: Brian Brohm QB Louisville :: I realize the Petrino connection is no longer an issue but Brohm is still the best fit for the Falcons current offensive scheme. Unless they bring in a guy who implements an entirely new system, I find it hard to believe they can pass on a guy who can make every NFL throw with high accuracy.

5. Oakland Raiders :: Sedrick Ellis DT USC :: Sit back down in your seats folks. You heard right. Ellis' stock will soar in pre-draft workouts as I suspect him to test out exceptionally well. Al Davis ain't your run of the mill GM. Dorsey has played well despite playing through injuries, but that will have an effect on him in the offseason. Al won't gamble on the thought of any player being tagged as damaged goods.

6. New York Jets :: Glenn Dorsey DT LSU :: Probably best used as a 4-3 DT but can still make one hell of an impact as a 3-4 DE. It'll be hard for the Jets to pass up on Dorsey should he fall to the 6th pick.

7. Kansas City Chiefs :: Jake Long LT Michigan :: Some may say this is high for KC, but their season is in the tanker. I don't see them winning any more games this season. They've got some pieces on offense to spark things in Bowe and LJ, and I don't see them giving up on Croyle just yet. Long will help to keep the offense on it's feet and help to restore the Great OL Tradition that has faded away in Kansas City.

8. Baltimore Ravens :: Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State :: I almost went with Matt Ryan here but ultimately I don't think the Ravens are willing to invest a 1st round pick on a quarterback after the Kyle Boller experiment didn't go to well. Malcolm Jenkins is a playmaking CB who can step into the starting lineup immediately should Smari Rolle not come back in 2008.

9. Chicago Bears :: Matt Ryan QB Boston College :: The Bears had Ryan ranked ahead of Brohm, so they are happy that he is still on the board. Ryan is a great fit for the Bears squad in search of a general who can put the team on his shoulders. No worry of the cold conditions in Chicago affecting Ryan's game. Lovie no longer has to force his lips to say, "Rex is our guy".

10. Cincinnati Bengals :: James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State :: The Bengals defense was dreadful this year, especially the linebackers. They have surprisingly little talent at linebacker for a Marvin Lewis led team. Laurinaitis is a local product with the ability to provide playmaking ability at all the linebacker positions.

11. Philadelphia Eagles :: Early Doucet WR LSU :: Doucet just feels like a better fit in Philly than the other top WRs (DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly and Limas Sweed). His combination of size/speed/upside is unique. He's got all around game and while raw, he has elite receiver talent and is more well rounded. Big enough to handle physical DBs and quick enough to handle small & fast DBs.

12. Carolina Panthers :: Kenny Phillips S Miami :: The Panthers grab a Hurricane two years in a row. This time they get a playmaking safety in Kenny Phillips to help solidify their secondary. Phillips can play either safety position and should be an excellent fit.

13. Denver Broncos :: Sam Baker LT USC :: Mike Shanahan just punched a hole in the wall because he wanted Phillips here. Baker ends up being the pick. He's a better fit for the Broncos than the other tackles on the board because he is the best pure LT prospect available and he's an excellent technician. The secret to RB success in Shanny system is the unheralded OL and Baker would appear to slip right in without anyone noticing.

14. Arizona Cardinals :: Calais Campbell DE Miami :: The Cardinals haven't had a real threat at defensive end since...since..I can't remember. They went through bust after bust in the 90s and hope that they can avoid the same bad luck with Calais Campbell. campbell gives them a big pass rushing DE who should work well with Darnell Dockett on their improving defensive line.

15. Houston Texans :: Antoine Cason CB Arizona :: Yeah, I know the Texans feel good about themselves after beating Denver to reach .500. Next two games are against Indy and Jacksonville, so yeah, they've won their last game. Cason is silky smooth and the Texans need him and will enjoy him.

16. New Orleans Saints :: Keith Rivers OLB USC :: The Saints have been in need of a stud OLB for years and Keith Rivers gives them a well rounded leader on defense. Should be a starter from day 1 for the Saints

17. Washington Redskins :: Derrick Harvey DE Florida :: Tough remaining schedule with NYG, MIN and DAL to finish out the year. Harvey should return for his Senior year to grow, but the NFL can't wait for him. This 6-foot-4, 255-pound junior notched 17.5 sacks the past two seasons. He's overrated in my book, but the Redskins need to improve their pass rush. No denying the fact that Harvey is packed with loads of raw talent. Do they have a coach that can get it out of him?

18. Detroit Lions :: Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh :: No player has seen his stock rise more this season than Jeff Otah. The Lions need depth at OT and Otha is a player athletic enough to play on the left side, but strong enough to play on the right side. Seems like the perfect player to rebuild their OL with.

19. Dallas Cowboys via Cleveland Browns :: Phillip Loadholt OT Oklahoma :: This behemoth of a man will anchor the Cowboys line and protect Romo's blindside over the next decade. Flozell is an UFA and old. Doug Free is in the wings, but he's an injury riddled 4th round pick. Too risky to ask him to be anything more than a top back up.

20. Buffalo Bills ::Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma :: The Bills desperately need a legit #2 WR to pair with lee Evans and Kelly is that guy. He's tall and is able to make plays over the entire field

21. Tennessee Titans :: Limas Sweed WR Texas :: How sick and frustrated is Vince Young with his receiving corps? Whatever you do, DON'T ask him! Vince is King, what he says goes. You can't put a price tag on the value of trust he has in his old college buddy. Titans need to surround Young with better weapons and this is a good start.

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: DeSean Jackson WR Cal :: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were in the bottom half of the league in passing offense this year and had to rely heavily on the aging Joey Galloway. Drafting Jackson gives them a speedster to replace Galloway's production in the offense. It's also hard to pass up on a player this talented at 22.

23. San Diego Chargers :: Chris Williams RT Vanderbilt :: Williams is a real mauler, yet possesses good feet in pass protection. He replaces Shane Olivera on the right side of the Chargers line. The offense this year didn't resemble anything of last year's potent attack. Norv Turner is going to take a guy that reminds him of one of his previous RT's Dallas' Erik Williams.

24. Minnesota Vikings :: Andre Woodson QB Kentucky :: Back when the Vikings were considered a lock for a top 10 pick, there were plenty of people who had them pegged to take Woodson. So for them to be able to still get the talented QB at 24 is amazing. Woodson will give them a reliable, accurate QB who should be a drastic improvement over their current situation.

25. New York Giants :: Aqib Talib CB Kansas :: I think Talib is one of the most overrated prospects in the draft, but what do I know? He'll end up being a first rounder and I hope it's to the Giants... then again... this could backfire and make me one unhappy Cowboys fan if he pans out as many expect.

26. Seattle Seahawks :: Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois :: I chose to go with Mendenhall here over the local product Jonathan Stewart for two reasons. First, I'm more than a little nervous about Stewart's injury history. With the walking wounded Shaun Alexander already there, they need someone they can count on to be healthy. Second, I feel Mendenhall is a more complete back and will offer a lot more in Mike Holmgren's WCO.

27. Jacksonville Jaguars :: Shawn Crable OLB Michigan :: At 6-5, 245 pounds Crable possesses a rare combination of size and skills. His body of work is impressive and Del Rio loves players who play with attitude. A lot of teams running the 3-4 are just raging in their war rooms right about now.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers :: Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College :: It's hard to argue against the fact that Pittsburgh's OL needs work. It's amazing that Willie Parker can have the success he's had considering there are a few weak links on that line. Gosder Cherilus is a strong, mean streaked run blocker who will do wonders for the Steelers' running game.

29. Green Bay Packers :: Travis Beckum TE Wisconsin :: Beckum will add explosion to the Packers offense. They can line him up as a WR or TE and take advantage of mismatches all game long. Bubba Franks move over. There's a new sheriff in town and his name ain't Donald Lee.

30. San Francisco 49ers (via Indianapolis) :: Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State :: The 49ers have a horrible passing attack and a lot of the blame has to fall on the wide recievers. Who better to bring in than Adarius Bowman, who has drawn a lot of comparisons to a young Terrell Owens. He should step into the #1 WR spot from day one.

31. Dallas Cowboys :: Mike Jenkins CB South Florida :: Jenkins landing here makes Jerry Jones the star of the draft once again. Loadholt and Jenkins are two picks that hit home runs on. Jenkins gives Phillips another physical CB with plenty of speed for his aggressive scheme.

32. New England Patriots ::Forfeited because they are cheaters ::

Second Round

SuperKevin will be taking the odds this time around with D-Unit rounding it out with the evens

33. Miami Dolphins ::Ryan Clady OT Boise State :: The miserable play of the offense can more than likely start up front with the offensive line. Ryan Clady shouldn't have dropped this far and should be a steal for the Dolphins, who are in desperate need of a solid LT.

34. San Francisco Forty Niners :: Michael Oher OT Mississippi :: Picking up Oher here will help the worst offense in the NFL (13.2 pts/game) stay on the field a little while longer. They decide that Alex Smith needs more time to develop and this move allows Adam Synder to move back to Guard full time when Larry Allen is done and makes Joe Staley the starting LT with Oher at RT where he can be destructive most.

35. St. Louis Rams :: Colt Brennan QB Hawaii :: This is a little higher than where I'd want to see Brennan get drafted but it's hard to disagree that St. Louis would be a good match for Brennan. They have a solid group of WRs, TEs, and recieving backs that could help him easily adjust to the pro game. With Bulger still around, there would be no immediate need for Brennan to play so he can fully prepare for the NFL.

36. Atlanta Falcons :: Reggie Smith S Oklahoma :: The Falcons will go with Reggie here. He's a first round talent that has slipped a bit. Lawyer Milloy and Crocker could be the worst Safety duo in the NFL. There were other considerations here, but Reggie gets the nod for me.

37. Oakland Raiders :: James Hardy WR Indiana :: If the Raiders are serious about building a solid offense around JaMarcus Russell, they are going to need to give him a big play threat. James Hardy is an incredibly tall target in the red zone with enough speed to make the big play.

foozball
12-14-2007, 09:33 PM
id rather have the texans take reggie smith than cason

Xiomera
12-14-2007, 09:49 PM
18. Detroit Lions :: Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh :: No player has seen his stock rise more this season than Jeff Otah. The Lions need depth at OT and Otha is a player athletic enough to play on the left side, but strong enough to play on the right side. Seems like the perfect player to rebuild their OL with.

I know this isn't something worth pointing out because it doesn't relate to the pick you made, but there is no way Detroit is gonna be picking at 18. They only have a chance to win one of their final three games, IMO.

I like the pick of Otah. I definitely approve of taking a first round OT.

Travis 24
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Eagles pass Kenny Phillips... sigh :/

diabsoule
12-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Rivers is a good pick for the Saints but I prefer Dan Conner.

12-14-2007, 10:15 PM
id rather have the texans take reggie smith than cason

All of a sudden Cason is shooting up draft boards for no apparent reason. Hes a cover 2 corner who needs to play in the right scheme to be successful and his 40 time is gonna kill him. Early 2nd round pick IMO.

D-Unit
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
All of a sudden Cason is shooting up draft boards for no apparent reason. Hes a cover 2 corner who needs to play in the right scheme to be successful and his 40 time is gonna kill him. Early 2nd round pick IMO.
All of a sudden? According to who? The board? My drum beats to it's own tune. He's arguably the second or third best corner in the draft and waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Talib. Just sit back and watch where he's drafted young grasshopper.

D-Unit
12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Rivers is a good pick for the Saints but I prefer Dan Conner.
As do I. That was SK's pick though and he had been considering Rivers for several previous picks.

scottyboy
12-14-2007, 10:35 PM
not fair!! Rivers and Cason picked, they're 2 of my top 3 for the Giants!!!! now theres a guy Reggie Smith, if he falls, g-men better not pass on him

Draft King
12-14-2007, 10:46 PM
To be honest I'd rather have Long, Ryan, or Dorsey here or Brohm. I just feel like all those players have more potential to succeed in the NFL, and picking Brohm in the top-5 would be high over-rating his value. I'm kinda surprised D-Unit didn't give us Colt Brennan there.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-14-2007, 11:15 PM
I like the Oakland pick.

thebow305
12-14-2007, 11:31 PM
its ok for miami as long as we get some defensive help in the next couple rounds

aNYtitan
12-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Why, why would you give the Titans a WR that they could possibly get in the second round due to injury concerns. The last thing we need is a big possession receiver with little speed. Vince throws the underneath route much more often then he throws the deep ball, so someone like DeSean Jackson would make much better sense, as he can take a pass in the flats or a curl route and make a juke or two and use his pure speed to outrun defenders. Much like what we wanted last year with Teddy Ginn Jr.

Yung Flippa
12-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Otah would be a bigger need for the Texans. They already have Fred Bennett and Daunta Robinson.
Good Ravens pick

bored of education
12-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Good pick for KC I guess!

Don Vito
12-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Love the Pats pick, Gholston is the #1 guy on my wishlist for the Pats. We need youth in our LB corps and we don't need to throw him into the fire, we can let him learn. Great pick there.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Why, why would you give the Titans a WR that they could possibly get in the second round due to injury concerns. The last thing we need is a big possession receiver with little speed. Vince throws the underneath route much more often then he throws the deep ball, so someone like DeSean Jackson would make much better sense, as he can take a pass in the flats or a curl route and make a juke or two and use his pure speed to outrun defenders. Much like what we wanted last year with Teddy Ginn Jr.
While I admit it was slightly early for Sweed, I don't think he would've lasted to them for their next pick. His injury concerns only seem bad now because he's missed most of his season. However, he could be back for the Bowl game and most certainly will get a full chance to show what's he's made of before the draft. He only sustained a finger so it's not career threatening or anything. Sweed projects to a much better receiver in the NFL than Jackson. ...and again... I think the relationship he has with Vince carries a lot of weight. I may be way off, but it's my mock and that's my logic.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Otah would be a bigger need for the Texans. They already have Fred Bennett and Daunta Robinson.
Good Ravens pick
Hmmm.... I may rethink that pick in the future. There were other guys in mind that I was also considering.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 02:16 AM
I like the Oakland pick.
Interesting... I thought that might ruffle a few feathers by passing on Dorsey.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 02:21 AM
To be honest I'd rather have Long, Ryan, or Dorsey here or Brohm. I just feel like all those players have more potential to succeed in the NFL, and picking Brohm in the top-5 would be high over-rating his value. I'm kinda surprised D-Unit didn't give us Colt Brennan there.
SuperKevin made that pick. Brennan there? Not unless June Jones is hired as the new ATL coach.

T-RICH49
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Great KC pick.Brodie Croyle and LJ thank you

A Perfect Score
12-15-2007, 10:19 AM
i am very very happy with the ravens pick...finally, a pick that makes solid sense, good explaination, and id be very happy to see Jenkins as a raven. More happy then i would be to see either fo the Qbs there.

Bills2083
12-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Good pick and explanation for Buffalo.

KCJ58
12-15-2007, 10:36 AM
how is Sedrick Ellis picked over Dorsey

SuperKevin
12-15-2007, 01:05 PM
how is Sedrick Ellis picked over Dorsey

The Lane Kiffin-USC connection for starters. Two, Al Davis does what Al Davis wants. Screw convential draft logic

Shane P. Hallam
12-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm just awaiting the end myself :)

Chucky
12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Desean Jackson is the ideal pick for the Bucs at this point

TACKLE
12-15-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure what you are thinking with the Early Doucet pick. Yes WR is a need for the Eagles but Doucet is a questionable 1st rounder and definitely not worth the 18th pick in the draft. There are several recievers who deserve to be picked ahead of him.

Also, are the Jags looking to move to a 3-4? If there not, would Crable play DE or OLB for Jacksonville?

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure what you are thinking with the Early Doucet pick. Yes WR is a need for the Eagles but Doucet is a questionable 1st rounder and definitely not worth the 18th pick in the draft. There are several recievers who deserve to be picked ahead of him.

Also, are the Jags looking to move to a 3-4? If there not, would Crable play DE or OLB for Jacksonville?
Only other WR that I would've fit with Philly is Bowman, but Doucet gets the nod. Jackson, Kelly and Sweed... I don't see it them in Philly.

Crable can be moved around the defense wherever Del Rio wants to mix him up.

scottyboy
12-15-2007, 02:16 PM
no reggie smith?? I doubt the giants would pass on him, and be highly surprised if he fell out of the 1st round

wiscbadgerfootball
12-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Beckum is a pretty good pick I guess. I love his as a college player and I do think he could find success do to mismatches, but I also believe he will return to school considering he could greatly benefit by doing so.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 03:09 PM
no reggie smith?? I doubt the giants would pass on him, and be highly surprised if he fell out of the 1st round
Smith right now is definitely on my Overrated list. Then again... so is Talib. I went with Talib because I think scouts like him better and Smith will probably be a Safety in the NFL.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Beckum is a pretty good pick I guess. I love his as a college player and I do think he could find success do to mismatches, but I also believe he will return to school considering he could greatly benefit by doing so.
I don't know what he needs to go back for. Wisconsin isn't winning the Big 10 Championship and he'll be one of if not the very top TE in a weak class of TEs.

wiscbadgerfootball
12-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I think it is ignorant to say they don't have a chance to win. The biggest reason he needs to go back and weight train to gain weight, which is the biggest knock against him. Also, more experience would most likely not hurt him. Not to mention pretty much all Badger players return.

Gay Ork Wang
12-15-2007, 03:15 PM
What convinced u that the bears are going to take a QB and not an OL or S?

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I think it is ignorant to say they don't have a chance to win. The biggest reason he needs to go back and weight train to gain weight, which is the biggest knock against him. Also, more experience would most likely not hurt him. Not to mention pretty much all Badger players return.
Oh they have a chance, but they won't win it. But that's besides the point. Don't get mad because that's my opinion and I have every right to think it. I understand your being a defensive fan, so I'm not bothered by your comments. He doesn't need to weight train or gain weight anymore than the next draft prospect. More experience doesn't hurt anyone, but getting hurt in your senior year and giving up the chance to be the first TE taken, is most definitely a risky proposition.

wiscbadgerfootball
12-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm not getting mad.. I'm just saying.. I highly doubt he leaves.

SuperKevin
12-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Possibly the fact that Rex Grossman is a bum and it's a lot easier to find OL and safeties in the later rounds than it is to find a QB of Matt Ryan's caliber

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Because I think the chance to get the top QB in the draft at a position of definite need is too much to pass on. There is no position more linked to winning than QB, imo.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm not getting mad.. I'm just saying.. I highly doubt he leaves.
Yeah, and you could be dead wrong.

wiscbadgerfootball
12-15-2007, 03:32 PM
yes I could and I'm willing to accept that.. I'm just giving my opinion

SuperKevin
12-15-2007, 03:33 PM
yes I could and I'm willing to accept that.. I'm just giving my opinion

I didn't realize I was reading the D-Unit & SuperKevin & wiscbadgerfootball Mock Show! Keep your opinions to yourself!!!

Just kidding

Vikes99ej
12-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Not liking the Vikings pick right now. I want to see how Jackson finishes the season. Give us Cherilius instead.

SuperKevin
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Not liking the Vikings pick right now. I want to see how Jackson finishes the season. Give us Cherilius instead.

Let me save you the trouble of waiting. *Consults crystal ball* Jackson sucks and Adrian Peterson bails them out of ball games

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Jackson is holding the offense back. There's no denying that the Vikings are scheming around his weaknesses. He looks like Quincy Carter out there.

Vikes99ej
12-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Jackson is holding the offense back. There's no denying that the Vikings are scheming around his weaknesses. He looks like Quincy Carter out there.

Yeah, he doesn't look finished right now, but I'm not sure Childress will give up on him yet. I know Brad isn't going to be fired, so a new coach isn't going to draft his own quarterback. Although I did hear reports earlier in the year that Spielman was looking at the quarterbacks of this years draft class.

WMD
12-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I know this isn't something worth pointing out because it doesn't relate to the pick you made, but there is no way Detroit is gonna be picking at 18. They only have a chance to win one of their final three games, IMO.

I like the pick of Otah. I definitely approve of taking a first round OT.

I agree with you about the Lions not picking at 18. I think we'll end up being closer to 10 than we are to 20.

I semi approve of a First Round OT.. If the draft plays out this way, I wouldn't have a problem with it, though I'd probably rather take Aqib Talib there and make a move for Barry Richardson in Round 2.. but that's just me.

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Possibly the fact that Rex Grossman is a bum and it's a lot easier to find OL and safeties in the later rounds than it is to find a QB of Matt Ryan's caliber

Perhaps in this draft, but solid left tackles are actually harder to find past the 1st round on average than starting quarterbacks are.

I have hard time believing that Carolina will finish ahead of Chicago, Cincy, and Philly.

woodnick
12-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I think McFadden goes #1 but only to the Dolphins if they trade Brown. I don't know if they'll pay two running backs top 2 money. Brown was pretty darn good until his injury, so they might take a chance, maybe a little risky considering his injury history, that he'll return to form and stay healthy.

woodnick
12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Are you guys a little down on Clady? I haven't seena lot of footage on him so I don't know much other than what I read on him, but a lot of "experts" have him rated as the #2 lineman out there. Either way I like the Lions going O-Line with their pick, but if Laurinaitis is somehow available I'd love to get him.

GB12
12-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Well I for one hate the Packers pick. Not only is Beckum not a first round pick, but TE is far from a first round need.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Well I for one hate the Packers pick. Not only is Beckum not a first round pick, but TE is far from a first round need.
Mission Accomplished.

D-Unit
12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Are you guys a little down on Clady? I haven't seena lot of footage on him so I don't know much other than what I read on him, but a lot of "experts" have him rated as the #2 lineman out there. Either way I like the Lions going O-Line with their pick, but if Laurinaitis is somehow available I'd love to get him.
Another guy who is overrated in my mind. He has a long ways to go before being a reliable starting tackle. Winston Justice version 2.0.

woodnick
12-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Another guy who is overrated in my mind. He has a long ways to go before being a reliable starting tackle. Winston Justice version 2.0.

Pretty Harsh:)

Go_Eagles77
12-15-2007, 09:40 PM
We definitely need a superstar WR but I don't think we'd pass on Kenny Phillips.

GB12
12-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Mission Accomplished.
It doesn't make any sense. We have the second ranked passing offense in the league right now. Why would we waste a first round pick on a pass catcher? When exactly would he see the field anyway? He wouldn't beat out Lee at TE, and he'd have to jump Robinson, Martin, and Jones just to be the #3 WR.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Interesting... I thought that might ruffle a few feathers by passing on Dorsey.

It made my eyes pop out for a sec. I've seen a few people say they felt as though a good offseason could vault Ellis ahead of Dorsey, and there's always those who thing the SC connection with Kiffin will make a difference.

So long as we get Dorsey, Long, or Ellis, I'm a happy monkey. DL all the way.

37. Oakland Raiders :: James Hardy WR Indiana :: If the Raiders are serious about building a solid offense around JaMarcus Russell, they are going to need to give him a big play threat. James Hardy is an incredibly tall target in the red zone with enough speed to make the big play.
Hmm. Left a lot of superior talent at a lot of need positions on the board there. Not loving this pick at all.

DiG
12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
"17. Washington Redskins :: Derrick Harvey DE Florida :: Tough remaining schedule with NYG, MIN and DAL to finish out the year. Harvey should return for his Senior year to grow, but the NFL can't wait for him. This 6-foot-4, 255-pound junior notched 17.5 sacks the past two seasons. He's overrated in my book, but the Redskins need to improve their pass rush. No denying the fact that Harvey is packed with loads of raw talent. Do they have a coach that can get it out of him?"

excuse me while i vomit...sorry but a 255 lbs pass rusher does not fit our scheme opposite andre carter. id rather have otah or loadholt.

scar988
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Atlanta woudl go with Dorsey i nthe 1st and a OT in the 2nd. Jimmy Williams will start at FS next year and Crocker will be the SS. they are actually a very competent safety corps even though they have no big names.

woodnick
12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Atlanta woudl go with Dorsey i nthe 1st and a OT in the 2nd. Jimmy Williams will start at FS next year and Crocker will be the SS. they are actually a very competent safety corps even though they have no big names.

Jimmy Williams should grow into a pimp as a safety, he seems like he's loaded with potential.