PDA

View Full Version : Five Rounder, come and get it.

king2am
12-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm going to try to get the last two rounds finished soon, but this was harder than I thought It was going to be.

If I left some players out, kindly let me know and i'll edit some selections to fit them in. Also, note, that towards the end it was really tedious to scroll back through the eleven pages that this thing took up on microsoft word, so if there are double selections or two positions taken consecutively for you team, I apologize.

Alright, here it is.

1. Miami Dolphins :Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU. I've gone between Dorsey, Chris Long, and Darren McFadden more times than I can count. And while I don't exactly agree that Dorsey is the clear cut option at number one, I believe that Long and McFadden are not even more so. I understand the theory of best player available (which would be McFadden) but there are just too many holes to fill on this team to waste a pick and a lot of money on a running back that would then give Miami three capable runners. Dorsey is the highest rated defensive prospect and the Dolphins will be glad to have him.

2. St. Louis Rams: Chris Long, DE, Virginia. By taking Adam Carriker in last years draft, and then taking Chris Long in this years, the Rams would have the makings of one of the best young defensive lines in football. The best part about it is that if they do indeed make the transition to a 3-4 scheme, which i've heard they are considering, Carriker is a great NT and Long would be able to hold down one DE slot. The pick makes too much sense.

3. New England Patriots (from San Francisco): Malcom Jenkins, CB, Ohio State. The temptation of Darren McFadden will hold the Patriot's attention for most of the offseason. However, with the very true reality that they might lose Asante Samuel, along with most of their secondary, makes this pick the true combination of need and value. I do think the Patriots will trade out with a franchise that desperately wants McFadden, but if that scenario doesn't present itself, the Pats will take the 6'1” 208 lb corner with 4.3 speed.

4. New York Jets: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas. At #4, it's going to be very difficult for New York to pass on McFadden. However, with Chris Long being absent from the board already, I think the decision is made a little easier. McFadden can come in immediately and keep some pressure off of Kellen Clemens. Explosive player, and this years Adrian Peterson.

5. Atlanta Falcons: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC. Could be the biggest surprise in the top 10 of this draft. To me, Ellis and Dorsey grade out very close to one another and the Falcons would only have to pay #5 money to him. Matt Ryan, and Brian Brohm are two other choices that are very real possibilities. However, I feel like the depth of the quarterback position is significant this year and with two second rounders the Falcons can address it then. Coleman and Ellis would be a nasty duo on the interior of that Falcons defense.

6. Oakland Raiders: Calais Campbell, DE, The U. With Dorsey, McFadden, Ellis, and Long all gone by this spot the Raiders have no problem taking Campbell. He's the last player in the top tier of this defensive line class and he fills and immediate need on that side of the ball. Jake Long is a possibility, but with the depth of OT in this year's draft, I think they can afford to wait.

7. Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long, OT, Michigan. Although not as ginormous as Loadholt, at 6'7” 315 lbs. Long can easily get the job done. I've watched him play his entire career at Michigan and along with others, felt he was easily a top 10 pick if he came out last year. A real leader, has a mean streak, and can help this KC offensive line get going in the right direction.

8. Baltimore Ravens: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College. The more I think about it, if Jenkins was available here, I think the Ravens would take him over any of the quarterbacks in this class. With that said, Jenkins is already taken and I think Matt Ryan is the most pro-ready of the top quarterbacks. He has all the physical tools and I think he'll make a fine QB.

9. Philadelphia Eagles: Kenny Phillips, S, The U. I think Gholston deserves a look here but Phillips can come in right away and make an immediate impact for this once proud Philly secondary. And all the safeties that come out of Miami just seem like they were born to dominate in the pros.

10. Cincinnatti Bengals: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State. Campbell and Ellis are both gone at this point so the Bengals gladly take the best LB prospect in the draft. He has everything you could ask for on the defensive side of the ball, and then some. Great instinctive player, has a mean streak, and puts people down in a hurry. Will give the Bengals some moxy on defense.

11. Chicago Bears: Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky. I do not believe that Grossman, or Griese will start for the Bears next season which would indicate that they select a signal caller in April. With that said, I think they'll opt for the more dynamic player in Woodson over Brian Brohm. Woodson can provide that big play type of player that the Bears offense has been without for some time.

12. Carolina Panthers: Reggie Smith, S/CB, Oklahoma. The preseason pick for Big 12 defensive player of the year, Smith has the ability to play anywhere in the secondary. Brian Brohm, or an offensive tackle such as Jeff Otah, Ryan Clady, or Phillip Loadholt could all be possibilities at this spot, but safety has been ignored for some time now and Smith puts an end to it.

13. Washington Redskins: Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State. The third Ohio State player taken in the top 15 selections gives the Redskins defense some flexibility up front. I think he best fits as an outside linebacker in a 3-4, but I also think that pairing him up with Andre Carter would give the Redskins a very aggressive rush on the edges. Gholston would also have the ability to move around along the front seven where ever a mismatch could be made.

14. New Orleans Saints: Dan Connor, LB, Penn State. While I have Laurinaitis graded out higher, as I'm sure many people do, I think that Connor could be the ball hawk of this class that Willis was for last year's group. Just the latest hard nosed linebacker to come out of Linebacker U, and will give the Saints an aggressive boost on the defensive side of the ball.

15. Houston Texans: Jonathon Stewart, RB, Oregon. In every other mock of mine, I keep hitting home the point that Schaub needs some protection up front in order for the Texans to really go somewhere. Also, with Jake Long being the only tackle taken at this point in the draft, a franchise is going to have to stop the slide for guys like Clady and Otah. However, after thinking it over, Stewart can take as much pressure off of a quarterback as a new tackle. And a good LT can be had later in the draft, where as a running back with Stewart's skill set can not.

16. Detroit Lions: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State. Ta-Dah! A tackle, finally. I'm just as thrilled as the rest of you. The Lions are in desperate need of some help up front and Clady is the type of tackle that can provide it.

17. Denver Broncos: Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland. I just read that Rey Maualuga will be returning to USC for his final season which, in my opinion, makes Henderson the best MLB prospect in the draft. You can disagree or agree, but after ten pounds (which is easy considering the workouts these guys must go through) by training camp, Henderson will be in that 245-250 range. I think that would eliminate any concerns about him being undersized for Broncos fans.

18. Arizona Cardinals: Quentin Groves, OLB, Auburn. Corner is an option here as well but they can be had in the second round. Groves is the second rated tweener in this draft right behind Gholston, and the Cardinals could use a boost in their continued transition to a 3-4.

19. Tennessee Titans: Desean Jackson, Wr, California. Malcom Kelly makes a lot of sense here as well, but I just think the explosiveness of Jackson will attract the Titans. And if they for some reason, decide to cut ties with Pac-Man Jones, Jackson would be able to be the electrifying return threat they've come to love.

20. Minnesota Vikings: Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma. Call me crazy, but I think the Vikings take big Phil right here. Mckinnie and Hutchinson keep things rolling on the left and I think Loadholt can come in and dominate the right. With his massive frame he's built to lean on people in the running game. I would imagine that Adrian Peterson with some Chester Taylor sprinkled in would be damn near unstoppable running behind Mckinnie Hutchinson Loadholt and company. Not to mention shoring up the offensive line can only make Tarvaris Jackson better (and he's starting to look like an NFL qb, so much in fact that it's the main reason I don't have them taking Brian Brohm right here).

21. Buffalo Bills: Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. The bigger framed target that can compliment the speed of Lee Evans. Trent Edwards has the franchise back behind him, the deep threat in Lee Evans, and the guy who can work the middle of the field in Malcom Kelly. Watch out, the Bills will be explosive.

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State. I don't think that the injury he suffered will hurt his draft stock too much. I do think that it will allow the Bucs to sign him to a significantly cheaper deal though. Jeff Otah was a player I had already written down in this spot, but the second guessing got the best of me and I went WR. I just can't see a whole lot being wrong with that offensive line the way Earnest Graham keeps churning out big time games.

23. San Diego Chargers: Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt. I think inside linebacker needs to be addressed soon on draft day but the value isn't there. Instead they'll go for one of the highest rated tackles in the draft and make Ladanian's life that much easier.

24. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland): Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona. It's been well documented especially on this site, that the corners in Dallas aren't getting any younger. With two picks in the first round, and still retaining their second rounder, Dallas has the luxury of ensuring that they get one of the best Corners in this draft with their first selection. Cason can come in on day one and play in their nickel package, and by the end of the season he will be starting opposite Newman.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois. Yes, I have him declaring for the draft and there's no way he gets past Seattle. The Hawks are in desperate need of a sure thing at RB and Shaun Alexander has proven that he is not it. Maurice Norris is a nice back to have on your team, but he's not going to be the man for 16+ games.

26. Pittsburgh Steelers:Michael Oher, OT/OG, Ole Miss. Alan Faneca is almost assuredly gone in free agency, and Oher has the ability to play guard as well as tackle. It would enable the Steelers to have some flexibility up front, and to make sure that fast Willie and Big Ben don't suffer from Faneca leaving. Smart move for the Steelers.

27. New York Giants: Keith Rivers, LB, USC. A little undersized which is why he will fall into the G-men's laps. However, he is not short on ability. The Giants will get a gem of a linebacker that makes plays all over the field and plays well in space. A secondary pick can be addressed in round 2 or 3.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida. Jacksonville has those two massive roadblocks in the middle of that defense but lack that burst on the edge. Harvey could come in and be that type of impact defensive end that they desperately need. It would be a fine rookie season for him due to the consistent one on one's he would receive.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts): Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville. I'm really hesitant to do this, but I just don't think Alex Smith is going to the answer for the 49ers ( I also hold the assumption the Niners do what it takes to get Suggs in free agency). I've been back and forth on him for a while but if it came down to Smith or Nolan leaving the Bay Area, i'd rather see the Niners pay first round money to Brian Brohm.

30. Green Bay Packers: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida. This pick is kind of redundant but it makes too much sense. They need some depth at CB and that's essentially the only problem with Green Bay. Their WR's are great, they have their QB of the future, Ryan Grant IS THE ANSWER at running back (and you're ludacris to think otherwise), and the defense is solid. Depth at CB behind Woodson and Harris is the only problem.

31. Dallas Cowboys: Frank Okam, NT, Texas. They take the in state kid and groom him behind Jason Ferguson (who is on the wrong side of 30). With these two picks in the first round, the Dallas defense has taken two big steps toward solidifying itself at the top of the league.

32.Forfeited Pick by penalty of the NFL

Round Two

33. Miami Dolphins: Sam Baker, OT, USC. By nabbing two big time prospects on either side of the trenches would be an enormous boost for this Miami Dolphins team. I really liked the way Ronnie Brown was running before he got injured and some help up front would only make him better. Also, John Beck needs to be given a fair shake before the critics come out, and a fair shake includes better protection than what he's receiving. Baker and Dorsey, an excellent start I think.

34. St. Louis Rams:Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College. Kind of along the same lines of Miami; I think infusions of youth on both sides of the ball along the line would be what's best for the Rams considerinig the value at the spots they are picking. Cherilus can be groomed as Pace's replacement and push to start at RT until Pace decides to call it quits (which looks like it may be soon).

35. San Francisco 49ers: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas. As stated before, I'm doing this mock with the assumption that they get Suggs in free agency. With that said I think if they want Brohm to have a greater chance at success than Smith did, they will have to do a better job of committing to the WR position. Sweed is a big target who may be low on some people's list, but I think he'll be a big name come draft day after his wrist heals and he's able to take part in the combine. I also think that Jason Hill pushes Darrell Jackson out of the way and Arnaz Battle settles in comfortably in the slot.

36. New York Jets: Dre Moore, NT/DE, Maryland. At 6'4” 311 lbs, Moore can get the leverage needed at the ever so valuable NT position, or slide out and play the run from the end spot, providing some extra beef on an undersized Jets D-line.

37. Atlanta Falcons: Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson. This is a continued trend in this draft, teams going to the trenches to seek help, but it's something that I think could easily happen. Ellis in the first is exactly what they need on defense, and thanks to my knowledgeable ATL fan, Scar, I'm well aware of the need at OT versus OG. ( I still might give them Early Doucet a few picks later just to piss him off)

38. Oakland Raiders: Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M. I'm fully aware of the desire to get an offensive lineman to help the development of Jamarcus Russell, and i'm also aware of the desire to get him another capable pass catcher. With that said, as of late, i've liked the way the Raiders offense has looked. I think they've found their running back of the future in Fargas, and if they want a dual back system, they still have rhodes who excelled in it in Indy. Getting that rush off the edge with Campbell in the first round, and then sticking the massive 6'5” 324 lb. Bryant in the middle will only upgrade that defense against the run. I wouldn't be surprised to see angry Raider fans because I have them going D-line back to back, but that's my reasoning.

39. Kansas City Chiefs: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas. Ty Law and Patrick Surtain are nearing the end of their careers but Talib comes in at the perfect time to learn from two greats and play in the nickel package right away. He would be groomed and then become a full time starter in a year or so, allowing the Chiefs to not skip a beat at corner. Aside from that, good value for them at the seven spot in the second round.

40. Baltimore Ravens: Leodis Mckelvin, CB, Troy. I think they would have loved to get Talib personally, but after grabbing their quarterback of the future in round 1, I think this pick goes to the secondary anyway. I still think the Ravens have the intensity on Defense to be near the top of the league, but Ed Reed can not do it all by himself, although it seems that way sometimes. Mckelvin would be a nice youthful addition to an aging defense and be a huge help against those AFC offenses.

41. Philadelphia Eagles: Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State. He caught 122 passes for 1,600 yards and 11 touchdowns. I don't care who you are, that's just flat out producing at a high level. Whether it's Kolb or McNabb under center next year, Nelson would be a welcomed addition to this Eagles offense.

42. Cincinnati Bengals: Chris Ellis, DE, Virgina Tech. Linebacker in the first, D-line in the second. It could be flip flopped but I would be extremely surprised if they went with any picks on the offensive side of the ball. To me, it just doesn't make sense. Ellis opposite Smith, with Laurinaitis in the middle would be immediate upgrades to this otherwise absent Cincy defense.

43. Chicago Bears: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt. After investing in Mr. Woodson with their first pick, they go straight to the offensive line with this deep offensive tackle draft. Giving Benson some lanes, but more importantly keeping Woodson up-right would be a huge step in the right direction for Chicago.

44. Carolina Panthers: Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee. The first QB taken in the second round is the Vol's product. David Carr is not quarterback material at the NFL level, and Vinny, well, he just can't keep it up. I also don't think Delhomme is the long term answer for the Panthers, which is where Ainge falls into the picture. Big frame, can make all the throws, and by coming in as a rook, Steve Smith will be his best bud. No more games where Smith disappears.

45. Washington Redskins: Terrell Thomas, CB, USC. After grabbing the most dynamic defensive player in the draft with their round 1 selection, they shore up their secondary with Thomas in the second. At 6'1” 195 lbs, he's got the bigger frame to matchup against the NFC East wide receivers like Plaxico and Owens. Great value pick here for the Redskins, who could also go WR to compliment Moss but I don't know if they pass up a corner with what's available.

46. New Orleans Saints: Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina. After getting their Linebacker for the next decade, they get a tackle in front of him who can take some pressure off of him. Balmer might be a better fit at 3-4 DE because of his weight, but after putting on 10 pounds, which I think the bigger guys always can do, he would be plenty big enough to play inside in a 4-3.

47. Atlanta Falcons (from Houston): Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii. The offensive and defensive lines have been addressed, and with the their second pick in the second round they take the star from Hawaii. Passing on Brohm was difficult early on, but by grabbing Brennan, the Falcons have a beautiful start to the draft.

48. Detroit Lions: Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt. With the cover 2 scheme that Marinell has the Lions running, corner can wait even after the 3rd round. They need to upgrade the Mike linebacker position because Paris isn't the answer there. With Sims and Bailey on either side, the transition for Goff will be easier than it is for most.

49. Denver Broncos: Thomas Decoud, S, California. Coming into the draft I think the Broncos want to accomplish a few things and those include; Getting a linebacker to play in the middle so Williams can go back to outside backer, and get a safety. With the first two picks they're able to do just that and Decoud is a perfect fit.

50. Arizona Cardinals: Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana. Porter can step in immediately and give that Cardinals secondary a boost. With the athletes that they have on offense they can more than afford to go defense with the first two picks.

51. Tennessee Titans: Beau Bell, LB, UNLV. I see Bell coming in and being an immediate contributor to this Titans defense.

52. Minnesota Vikings: Craig Steltz, S, LSU. A pass rushing defensive end is also a major possibility here but I don't necessarily think the value is here at this pick. With that, I think the vikings address the secondary and after watching some more on Steltz, I like the way he plays ball.

53. Buffalo Bills: Jason Shirley, DT, Fresno State. A bit of a reach here? Maybe. But you can't deny the frame on this kid. 6'5” 330 lbs sitting in the middle of that Buffalo defense would look awfully good.

54. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Tommy Blake, DE, TCU. The type of high motor defensive end that cover two teams love. He's undersized and might fall on draft day because of the measurables, but you can't deny his motor. A quarterback here is a very real possibility, but i'll take Blake.

55. Miami Dolphins (from San Diego):Shawn Crable, DE/OLB, Michigan. I love the value of this pick for Miami. Shawn Crable is a poor man's Vernon Gholston or Quentin Groves and he's a player that you can move all over on that front seven.

56. Cleveland Browns: Jeremy Leman, LB, Illinois. Really good LB prospect who might even be able to be shifted outside for the Browns. Either way, this pick has to go to the defense.

57. Seattle Seahawks: Jonathan Hefney, S, Tennessee. The smaller frame could be something that forces Seattle to shy away, but you can't deny his ability to play. I think they'll elect to take the kid from Tennessee and he'll be a starter in the secondary from day one.

58. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dejuan Tribble, CB, Boston College. When you're road to the Super Bowl is consistently through Indianapolis or New England, you're going to need all the extra help in the secondary that you can get.

59. New York Giants: Zack Bowman, CB, Nebraska. I think the G-men will elect for the bigger framed Bowman, over the smaller corners left. Regardless, I think the consensus is that this pick needs to go to the secondary after addressing the linebacking corp in the first round.

60. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee St. See reasoning for Pittsburgh's second rounder.

61. Indianapolis Colts: Roy Sheuning, G, Oregon St. Boring pick for the colts I know, but where this O-line goes, the team goes. Ugoh and Sheuning will team up to be the staples of this colts offense for years to come.

62. Green Bay Packers: Phillip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech. Hawk, Barnett, Wheeler with Rouse, Woodson, Harris behind them and KGB, the DT rotation and Kampman at ends...look out. The best defense in the NFC just might reside in Lambeau.

63. Dallas Cowboys: Early Doucet, WR, LSU. Some may feel the slide almost out of the second round is absurd, but I'm just not to sure on him right now. Either way, Dallas is in the position to take a WR and this is where his slide stops.

64. New England Patriots: Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC. Hasn't had the year that was projected for him, but he's still a first round talent I think. The Patriots get amazing value and yet another pawn in Belichek's master plan.

Round Three

65. Miami Dolphins: Lavelle Hawkins, WR, California.

66. St. Louis Rams: John David Booty, QB, USC.

67. San Francisco 49ers: Marcus Griffin, S, Texas.

68. New York Jets: Tony Hills, OT, Texas.

69. Atlanta Falcons: Eric Young, G, Tennessee

70. New England Patriots (from Oakland): Ben Moffitt, LB, South Florida.

71. Kansas City Chiefs: George Robinson, G, Oklahoma.

72. Buffalo Bills (from Baltimore): John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame.

73. Philadelphia Eagles: Fred Davis, TE, USC.

74. Cincinnati Bengals: Josh Barrett, S, Arizona State.

75. Chicago Bears: Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida.

76. Carolina Panthers: Kirk Barton, OT, Ohio State.

77. Washington Redskins: Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt.

78. New Orleans Saints: Vince Hall, LB, Virginia Tech.

79. Houston Texans: King Dunlap, OT, Auburn.

80. Detroit Lions: Kerry Brown, G, Appalachian State.

81. Minnesota Vikings (from Denver Broncos): DJ Hall, WR, Alabama.

82. Arizona Cardinals: Jordan Grimes, G, Purdue.

83. Tennessee Titans: Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky.

84. Minnesota Vikings: Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri.

85. Buffalo Bills: Jamar Adams, S, Michigan.

86. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech.

87. Chicago Bears (from San Diego):Mike Hart, RB, Michigan.

88. Cleveland Browns: Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech.

89. Seattle Seahawks: Craig Stevens, TE, California.

90. Pittsburgh Steelers:Ali Highsmith, LB, LSU.

91. New York Giants: Tom Zibikowski, S, Notre Dame

92. Jacksonville Jaguars: Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville.

93. Indianapolis Colts: Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas.

94. Green Bay Packers: Shannon Tevaga, G, UCLA.

95. Dallas Cowboys: Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry.

96. New England Patriots: Carl Nicks, OT, Nevada.

Round Four

97. Miami Dolphins: Rodrick Johnson, LB, Oklahoma State.

98. St. Louis Rams: Andrew Crumney, G, Maryland.

99. San Francisco 49ers: Frank Morton, NT, Tulane.

100. New York Jets: Tavares Gooden, LB, The U.

101. Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Miller, LB, Georgia.

102. Oakland Raiders: Chad Rhinehart, OT, Northern Iowa.

103. Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware

104. Baltimore Ravens: Oniel Cousins, OT, U.T.E.P.

105. Philadelphia Eagles: Trae Williams, CB, South Florida.

106. Cincinnati Bengals: Keilen Dykes, DT, West Virginia.

107. Chicago Bears: Ezra Butler, LB, Nevada.

108. Carolina Panthers: Mike Klinkenborg, LB, Iowa.

109. Denver Broncos (from Washington): Maurice Murray, DT, New Mexico State.

110. New Orleans Saints: Tyrell Johnson, S, Arkansas State.

111. Houston Texans: Chris McDuffie, G, Clemson.

112. Detroit Lions: Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa.

113. Denver Broncos: Marcus Smith, WR, New Mexico.

114. Arizona Cardinals: Matt Forte, RB, Tulane.

115. Tennessee Titans: Jason Jones, DE, Eastern Michigan.

116. Minnesota Vikings: Malik Jackson, LB, Louisville.

117. Buffalo Bills: Jeremy Thompson, DE, Wake Forest.

118. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn.

119. Cleveland Browns: Quentin Demps, S, U.T.E.P.

120. Seattle Seahawks: Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest.

121. Pittsburgh Steelers: John Sullivan, C, Notre Dame.

122. New York Giants: Drew Radovich, G, USC.

123. Jacksonville Jaguars: Chad Henne, QB, Michigan.

124. Indianapolis Colts: Tyvon Branch, CB, Connecticut.

125. Green Bay Packers: Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton.

126. Dallas Cowboys: Donnie Avery, WR, Houston.

127. New England Patriots: Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU.

Round Five

128. Kansas City Chiefs (from Miami): Jacob Tamme, TE, Kentucky.

129. St. Louis Rams: Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue.

130. New York Jets: Marcus Monk, WR, Arkansas.

131. Atlanta Falcons: Erick Wicks, S, West Virginia.

132. Denver Broncos (from Oakland): Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State.

133. Kansas City Chiefs: Darrell Robertson, DE, Georgia Tech.

134. Philadelphia Eagles: John Greco, G, Toledo.

135. Cincinnati Bengals: Terrence Wheatley, CB, Colorado.

136. Buffalo Bills (from Chicago): Cody Wallace, C, Texas A&M.

137. Chicago Bears (from Carolina): Kory Lichtensteiger, C, Bowling Green.

138. New York Jets (from Washington): Jolonn Dunbar, LB, Boston College.

139. New Orleans Saints: Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon.

140. Houston Texans: Nick Hayden, DT, Wisconsin.

141. Detroit Lions: Darien Williams, S, Oklahoma.

142. Denver Broncos: Kellen Davis, TE, Michigan State.

143. Arizona Cardinals: Alvin Bowen, LB, Iowa State.

144. Tennessee Titans: Will Arnold, G, LSU.

145. Minnesota Vikings: Corey McKeon, LB, Nebraska.

146. Buffalo Bills: Wesley Woodyard, LB, Kentucky

147. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Anthony Morelli, QB, Penn State.

148. San Diego Chargers: Ryan Torain, RB, Arizona State.

149. Philadelphia Eagles (from Cleveland): Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama.

150. Seattle Seahawks: Breno Giacomini, OT, Louisville

151. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue.

152. New York Giants: Kevin Brown, DT, UCLA.

153. Jacksonville Jaguars: Steve Johnson, WR, Kentucky.

154. Indianapolis Colts: Mike Pollack, C, Arizona State.

155. Green Bay Packers: Jacob Hester, RB, LSU.

156. Dallas Cowboys: Sam Keller, QB, Nebraska.

157. New England Patriots: Jehuu Caulcrick, RB, Michigan State.

12-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Way too low for Gholston IMO. Hes a top 10 pick who could actually be the Raiders pick there at #6.

Babylon
12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I need to study this a bit later(Christmas shopping), but i would have to say without agreeing to every pick this has to be as good as it gets, will add more later(i know can hardly wait).

king2am
12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Way too low for Gholston IMO. Hes a top 10 pick who could actually be the Raiders pick there at #6.

I can see the Redskins and the Raiders picks flip flopping, absolutely. I just think that when the 3-4 teams (New England and New York) pass on him, he'll take a small dip.

But I can't fault you for your observation.

bored of education
12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
1. Jake Long (A, solid left tackle prospect, better right tackle, great value)
2. Aqib Talib (A, great value, definate need, solid in the cover 2 CB prospect)
3. Duke Robinson (A+++, great value, a huge need, this guy will be a beast)
4. Joe Flacco (B+, bring him in and compete for starting roll, maybe takeover midseason)
5. Jacob Tamme(B, great value, not much of a need, but this guy is just a big targer, with good hands)
5b. Darrell Robertson(C+, Turk McBride, Wilkerson, Allen, Hali are already DE's in rotation, maybe go WR here, or safety)

king2am
12-15-2007, 11:01 AM
1. Jake Long (A, solid left tackle prospect, better right tackle, great value)
2. Aqib Talib (A, great value, definate need, solid in the cover 2 CB prospect)
3. Duke Robinson (A+++, great value, a huge need, this guy will be a beast)
4. Joe Flacco (B+, bring him in and compete for starting roll, maybe takeover midseason)
5. Jacob Tamme(B, great value, not much of a need, but this guy is just a big targer, with good hands)
5b. Darrell Robertson(C+, Turk McBride, Wilkerson, Allen, Hali are already DE's in rotation, maybe go WR here, or safety)

Yeah Tamme was more of a value pick, and the fact that Gonzo isnt getting any younger.

As for that last pick, I thought I gave KC a WR earlier (whoops) so the thought had definitely crossed my mind, and I might go back and change it when I do some edits.

BamaFalcon59
12-15-2007, 11:13 AM
That has to be one of the worst Falcons drafts I have seen.

1. Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
Great player, but absolutely horrible position pick. Jonathan Babineaux has been very good this season and will start next year. Rod Coleman is getting older but if he sticks around is more than servicable. Nose tackle is a big need, under tackle is not a need at all. You made us pass on the OT we are seeking in Jake Long. Kenny Phillips would even be better.

2. Barry Richardson, OT Clemson
Bad value. He has potential but his stock has fallen this year. And I don't know if he can even play LT. Ok player, bad value.

2b. Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii
The only pick in your draft I like.

3. Erik Young, OG Tennessee
Not a need. Justin Blalock is young and talented, and Keynan Forney isn't even 30. While Forney isn't great, his position doesn't need help as much as many others.

4. Brandon Miller, LB Georgia
Bad pick. Michael Boley is a top 3 strong side linebacker in the NFL, Stephen Nicholas is the weak side linebacker of the future, and Miller can't play MLB according to a Georgia fan. Bad pick.

5. Erik Wicks, S West Virginia
Bad pick. We don't need more average players at safety. If we pick up a safety we need to know he is the future at the position. Jimmy Williams likely has the head start for free safety of the future, and Chris Crocker can play either free safety or strong safety. Lawyer Milloy is old, but he has another year or two left. Even if he doesn't Crocker can play either position and backup Darren Stone has potential. So if we pick up a S he needs to be something special.

Cashmoney
12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
the titans would definitely take a TE like rucker in the 3rd over another receiver.

Bills2083
12-15-2007, 11:28 AM
1st: Great pick

2nd: I'd rather go with Zack Bowman here. We need a physical corner opposite of McGee, and hopefully he can be that guy.

3rdA: It's a toss up between Carlson and Fred Davis here. I wouldn't mind either one.

3rdB: We have good safeties in Whitner and Ko Simpson. We just need depth there, and with all of the positions we need to fill, we cant draft depth in this early. Therefore, I'd rather go Xavier Adibi or Ali Highsmith. We need a good OLB, and either one would step in and become our starter.

4th: I'd rather go with Andre Fleullen here. He has the type of frame where he can put on a lot of weight, and we good use a big guy in there.

5thA: Good pick

5thB: Cliff Avril would be my choice

I wouldn't mind the draft you have for Buffalo, but your order of needs are out of order, IMO.

I like this one better...

1st: Malcolm Kelly
2nd: Zack Bowman
3rd: John Carlson/Fred Davis
3rd: Xavier Adibi/Ali Highsmith
4th: Andre Fluellen
5th: Cody Wallace
5th: Cliff Avril

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I like Oaklands first two picks.I dont know anything about Rhinehart.

derza222
12-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Just an observation, the reasoning for the Texans pick seems almost the reverse of what it should be. Running backs are a dime a dozen and a team can often find a good or capable back in mid-rounds, no less the second or third. However, good LT prospects are really only found very early. I highly doubt the Texans pass on a tackle their with their choice of anybody outside of Jake Long.

The Bengals second rounder is sort of a right position, bad fit pick. Justin Smith may be leaving and Robert Geathers is probably their best defensive player and a natural undersized pass rushing end. I'd think that a bigger end like Lawrence Jackson would be a better fit for what the Bengals will want in an end.

For the Jets, first round is fine and the second round is fantastic. Third round I find it hard to believe we would pass on Duke Robinson that late with a huge hole at LG, plus if we take a RT we'll want a bigger guy that can run block because we need some nastiness on the line. Hills just isn't a good fit there, Robinson would definitely be better. Fourth round Ezra Butler is a better fit at LB and Trae Williams or Chevis Jackson would be good fits because we need a potential #2 corner. Monk is good with the first fifth rounder, the second we really only need an ILB or a rush linebacker and I think at that point whatever rush LB we get isn't going to be worth the pick. D.J. Wolfe would probably be better there. That said, OLB is a big need and I wouldn't put it past us to pass on McFadden for Gholston because RB really isn't a need at all and Gholston is a very talented palyer. You don't have any trades, otherwise I'd say a trade down with McFadden on the board would be likely because I really don't think we take him.

scar988
12-15-2007, 12:16 PM
5. Atlanta Falcons: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC. Could be the biggest surprise in the top 10 of this draft. To me, Ellis and Dorsey grade out very close to one another and the Falcons would only have to pay #5 money to him. Matt Ryan, and Brian Brohm are two other choices that are very real possibilities. However, I feel like the depth of the quarterback position is significant this year and with two second rounders the Falcons can address it then. Coleman and Ellis would be a nasty duo on the interior of that Falcons defense.

- HORRIBLE PICK!!! Ellis is a UT, the SAME position as Coleman, AKA NOT A NEED. We need Dorsey who is a NT... aka, WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY NEXT TO COLEMAN! horrible pick. We take OT Jake Long here.

37. Atlanta Falcons: Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson. This is a continued trend in this draft, teams going to the trenches to seek help, but it's something that I think could easily happen. Ellis in the first is exactly what they need on defense, and thanks to my knowledgeable ATL fan, Scar, I'm well aware of the need at OT versus OG. ( I still might give them Early Doucet a few picks later just to piss him off)

- Good pick. Ellis in the first is exactly the OPPOSITE of what we need. we don't need to reach for a backup UT. but Richardson is a great pick even if we do get Long as we need both OT spots.

47. Atlanta Falcons (from Houston): Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii. The offensive and defensive lines have been addressed, and with the their second pick in the second round they take the star from Hawaii. Passing on Brohm was difficult early on, but by grabbing Brennan, the Falcons have a beautiful start to the draft.

- Great pick.

- Great pick

- good pick

- good pick but I think we get NT Nick Hayden here.

jackalope
12-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Overall, a very good draft for Green Bay.

Dam8610
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Where is DeMario Pressley?

hugegmenfan
12-15-2007, 12:33 PM
27. New York Giants: Keith Rivers, LB, USC. A little undersized which is why he will fall into the G-men's laps. However, he is not short on ability. The Giants will get a gem of a linebacker that makes plays all over the field and plays well in space. A secondary pick can be addressed in round 2 or 3.
59. New York Giants: Zack Bowman, CB, Nebraska. I think the G-men will elect for the bigger framed Bowman, over the smaller corners left. Regardless, I think the consensus is that this pick needs to go to the secondary after addressing the linebacking corp in the first round.

Im just gonna address the 1st 2 rounds because i do not know about the depth of the draft at this pt yet

1st round is alright but it is not as immediate a need as a safety or a cornerback..Rivers is athletic and with kiwi coming back next year we would have a really fast, young LB corp but our secondary is weak. We always have injuries, James Butler is a starting safety for us who is at best a backup along with Sam madison who is aging fast. I would take Mike Jenkins 1st round truthfully. Although im not too hot on him at this pt, him and Aaron Ross in the secondary along with Gibril Wilson would create a really young, talented strong secondary. 2nd round I would continue with the secondary and go safety. We have to play TO 2x a year and we can never stop him. May be Marcus Griffin.

fenikz
12-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Good Cardinals Draft

I would rather have the combo of Cason and Crable than Groves and Porter but both are good

In the 3rd OT is of bigger need than OG as we have Mike Gandy playing LT when he should be moved inside, I'd go Benedict there

Forte in the 4th is a huge steal, love this guy he has great size, vision and speed could be a dominant force in the NFL someday

In the 5th we need a FS, we have very little depth there unless Rolle switches positions

T-RICH49
12-15-2007, 01:21 PM
that KC mock is so good I am near tears.Long AND Talib?A++++++

SuperKevin
12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Jason Shirley might go undrafted. He's got HARDCORE character issues.

Sniper
12-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Absolutely ******* amazing Eagles draft.

NYGibril28
12-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Not at all pleased with the Giants draft. CB is a bigger need than LB, and I would prefer passing on Rivers for someone like Aqib Talib or Mike Jenkins.

I personally feel Bowman is incredibly overrated. The guy has injury concerns, and he was outplayed by a true freshman this year. To me, that says Day 2 pick.

3rd round pick is bad too. Zbikowski can't do anything that Michael Johnson and James Butler can't.

Drew Radovich is a solid pick, the best of the 5.

I don't know much about Kevin Brown, but I can't imagine he brings anything to the table other than depth. Barry Cofield and Fred Robbins are both solid starters.

Edit: Sorry for being a little harsh, I've done a seven rounder this year and know how difficult it gets after the first few rounds.

bearfan
12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
I really like the Bears draft, save for the 3rd round. I would take Choice over Hart, and a Earl Bennett instead of Caldwell. I have heard a lot of good things about this Bennett guy, and that he possibly wont even last that long. I also dontk now about the LB, since we have drafted 2LBs in the 3rd round in the past 2 years. Good draft though.

bearsfan_51
12-15-2007, 02:08 PM
I didn't bother to read the whole thing, but I like the moves for the Bears for the most part. My only complaint would be that you didn't draft a safety at all. I'd wait for receiver or runningback untill the 4th round and draft a safety like Jamar Adams or Quentin Demps in the 3rd.

I also question a few values, but that's being very picky. It takes a hell of a lot of effort to type all that up so my hat is off to you.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-15-2007, 02:10 PM
How come the Ravens don't have a 5th?

NYGibril28
12-15-2007, 02:13 PM
How come the Ravens don't have a 5th?

Jared Gaither in the 2007 Supplemental Draft.

Baltimore forfeits its #5 (OT Jared Gaither - 2007 supplemental draft)

KCJ58
12-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Rams Draft

1. Chris Long/DE (Virginia) :D
2. Gosder Cherilus/OT (Boston College) :D
3. John David Booty, QB, USC :confused:
4. Andrew Crumney, G, Maryland :)
5. Dorien Bryant, WR Purdue :)

the third pick confuses me we should have picked a Saftey or Cb with that pick

EdReedUnstoppable
12-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Jared Gaither in the 2007 Supplemental Draft.

Baltimore forfeits its #5 (OT Jared Gaither - 2007 supplemental draft)

Ah yes forgot about that.

Travis 24
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow..this is hands down the greatest Eagles mock draft I have ever seen in my life..

1 - Kenny Phillips
2 - Jordy Nelson
3 - Fred Davis
4 - Trae Williams
5 - John Greco

A+ is an understatement...Addressing secondary is absolutely the top priority, and you nailed it. Everyone knows I'm a huge Nelson fan, and that pick is just..wow. The 3rd rounder is just as good...LJ Smith will leave, and couldn't really ask for a better replacement...Williams adds some very solid depth, and being a guy who is more known for his man cover skills, is a great pick..hopefully he can supplant Lito someday...and the 5th, I love as well...I watch an un-normal amount of Toledo games the last 3 years, and I like this guy a lot...seems versatile enough to play T or G.

Wonderful. :)

foozball
12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
terrible draft for the texans. we need a DB somewhere with all of our injuries. give us charles godfrey. no need for an OG or another DT. i dont like dunlap for us either. id rather have Nicks or even highsmith

Canadian_kid16
12-15-2007, 03:26 PM
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State. I don't think that the injury he suffered will hurt his draft stock too much. I do think that it will allow the Bucs to sign him to a significantly cheaper deal though. Jeff Otah was a player I had already written down in this spot, but the second guessing got the best of me and I went WR. I just can't see a whole lot being wrong with that offensive line the way Earnest Graham keeps churning out big time games.

54. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Tommy Blake, DE, TCU. The type of high motor defensive end that cover two teams love. He's undersized and might fall on draft day because of the measurables, but you can't deny his motor. A quarterback here is a very real possibility, but i'll take Blake.

veery average draft...there are better options, and while I do want a QB, in no way, shape or form should the Bucs even CONSIDER Morelli, unless its out last pick of the draft

B- Grade for me

Young Legend
12-15-2007, 04:08 PM
6. Oakland Raiders: Calais Campbell

Gholston Over Calais any day ..nice second round pick..

skinzzfan25
12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Wow amazing Redskin draft.

This one is way better than your last one :)

woodnick
12-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I like the Lions draft, it always seems like we have clear need, especially OT and MLB, but Millen loves his WR. Only thing I would change would be the 3rd round pick and give us Rucker, other than that I like a lot.

DLionALL
12-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Love the Eagles picks. Nelson would be a great addition along with Curtis and Brown and Phillips can hopefully learn from Brian Dawkins and follow in his footsteps when Weapon X retires. I think we might take a DE in round 3 or 4 and i'd take Adibi in the third, but i'm VERY happy with the first two picks. Good job.

Sniper
12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Love the Eagles picks. Nelson would be a great addition along with Curtis and Brown and Phillips can hopefully learn from Brian Dawkins and follow in his footsteps when Weapon X retires. I think we might take a DE in round 3 or 4 and i'd take Adibi in the third, but i'm VERY happy with the first two picks. Good job.

Fred Davis is a perfect fit at TE for us though. With LJ very likely gone, we need a starting caliber TE who will be a good red zone threat, and Davis is very good there. That may be my favorite pick in the draft for us

RoyHall#1
12-15-2007, 08:19 PM
The Browns are definitely going D-line at some point in the first 5 rounds of the draft.

Caddy
12-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Buc Draft.

Adarius Bowman - Definitely not the type of receiver Tampa needs, although not a completely bad pick.

Tommy Blake - Good player, but too many question marks.

Xavier Adibi - The Bucs do not need a 3rd round and up LB.

Patrick Lee - Solid positional pick.

Anthony Morelli - We don't need anymore Day 2 QB's in Tampa. McCown and Gradkowski already occupy that role.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 09:43 PM
6. Oakland Raiders: Calais Campbell, DE, The U. With Dorsey, McFadden, Ellis, and Long all gone by this spot the Raiders have no problem taking Campbell. He's the last player in the top tier of this defensive line class and he fills and immediate need on that side of the ball. Jake Long is a possibility, but with the depth of OT in this year's draft, I think they can afford to wait.
Discouraging to see us have to settle for Campbell. I'm not all that high on him, but at least he'd help our run defense.

38. Oakland Raiders: Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M. I'm fully aware of the desire to get an offensive lineman to help the development of Jamarcus Russell, and i'm also aware of the desire to get him another capable pass catcher. With that said, as of late, i've liked the way the Raiders offense has looked. I think they've found their running back of the future in Fargas, and if they want a dual back system, they still have rhodes who excelled in it in Indy. Getting that rush off the edge with Campbell in the first round, and then sticking the massive 6'5 324 lb. Bryant in the middle will only upgrade that defense against the run. I wouldn't be surprised to see angry Raider fans because I have them going D-line back to back, but that's my reasoning.
The only Raider fans who will get mad about going DL back to back are morons. Bryant is a guy I've seen many Raider fans mention as a favorite pick if he's there in Rd2.

Fargas isn't a feature back. He's played well, but we can't expect him to be some sort of stud. One good year in 5, and a contract year too boot, leaves one tempering their enthusiasm.

Rhodes can't even get on the field, and he's gone...along with Jordan...after this season. Hopefully, Michael Bush can be a steal for us. Still, RB depth will be a definite point of emphasis this offseason.

64. New England Patriots: Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC. Hasn't had the year that was projected for him, but he's still a first round talent I think. The Patriots get amazing value and yet another pawn in Belichek's master plan.
Way too small to play end in a 34, and not nearly athletic enough to take his hand off the ground.

102. Oakland Raiders: Chad Rhinehart, OT, Northern Iowa.
I think you left some better OT prospects on the board here (Oniel Cousins).

Also, and I'm probably all alone here, going DL for a 3rd time with Kendall Langford available wouldn't have offended me in the least. Big, versatile, and productive. Never can have enough of those guys.

Also, a center would have addressed a huge need.

Go_Eagles77
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't like Jordy Nelson in the 2nd round, even though he is the Chuck Norris of this board now lol.

junior2430
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Broncos Draft

1 - Erin Henderson - Like the pick. Denver definitely needs a LB, although I'm probably in the minority in liking D.J. in the middle. Our biggest weakness is at SLB, where Nate Webster needs to be replaced. I'm not sure if Erin can play SLB, but if he can then I like the pick.

2 - Thomas DeCoud - I agree that LB and S are a priority. Based on what's left, I like the pick. Would also like Steltz or Zbikowski later.

4a - Maurice Murray. Don't know much about him, but didn't seem to stand out much when I've watched the Aggies play. Based on what is left on the board, I would have preferred Sullivan, Radovich, or Chevis Jackson here.

4b - Marcus Smith - I do think we need another WR, and I would love this pick. Big, fast, and would look good across from Baby T.O. in a couple of years. Could also return kicks.

5a - Andre Fluellen - Like this pick. Again helps the revolving door at DT.

5b - Kellen Davis. Don't think TE is a need at all with Scheffler and Graham.

Overall, I like the picks, although I do think we need to find another OT in there somewhere.

Vikes99ej
12-15-2007, 10:21 PM
The only pick I like for the Vikings is Martin Rucker.

king2am
12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Where is DeMario Pressley?

Sorry, I figured I'd forget someone.

king2am
12-15-2007, 10:25 PM

- HORRIBLE PICK!!! Ellis is a UT, the SAME position as Coleman, AKA NOT A NEED. We need Dorsey who is a NT... aka, WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY NEXT TO COLEMAN! horrible pick. We take OT Jake Long here.

- Good pick. Ellis in the first is exactly the OPPOSITE of what we need. we don't need to reach for a backup UT. but Richardson is a great pick even if we do get Long as we need both OT spots.

- Great pick.

- Great pick

- good pick

- good pick but I think we get NT Nick Hayden here.

So if I were to change Hayden for Wicks, thus satisfying the NT need, would that in turn make the Ellis pick good?

king2am
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Wow amazing Redskin draft.

This one is way better than your last one :)

Ha ha, thanks.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Doesn't really address the fact that he'd still be playing the same position as Rod Coleman.

Still, having both on the field on passing downs would be pretty sweet.

neko4
12-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I like Langford, but we have excellent depth at end, if we draft one it'll be a pass rusher to replace KGB in a few years

scar988
12-16-2007, 02:51 AM
So if I were to change Hayden for Wicks, thus satisfying the NT need, would that in turn make the Ellis pick good?no, because we don't need a UT. what didn't you get about that? we have 2 different spots at DT, NT and UT. NT is more of a plugger while UT is our penetrator and our depth chart is liek this:

NT - Trey Lewis
UT - Rod Coleman/John Babineaux
AKA we don't need a UT meaning the Ellis pick makes zero effign sense. meaning when I tell you a change in the first place it's because it's the most logical thing to do at the pick based on what I've seen fro mFalcons management.

Sniper
12-16-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't like Jordy Nelson in the 2nd round, even though he is the Chuck Norris of this board now lol.

Still, it's a wideout who could help in the red zone and the mock in general dominates

And Jordy Nelson>Dayne Crist>Chuck Norris

king2am
12-16-2007, 09:40 AM
no, because we don't need a UT. what didn't you get about that? we have 2 different spots at DT, NT and UT. NT is more of a plugger while UT is our penetrator and our depth chart is liek this:

NT - Trey Lewis
UT - Rod Coleman/John Babineaux
AKA we don't need a UT meaning the Ellis pick makes zero effign sense. meaning when I tell you a change in the first place it's because it's the most logical thing to do at the pick based on what I've seen fro mFalcons management.

Thank you for the education on Defensive Line.

I would Imagine that Ellis is an upgrade over Banineaux. I saw that Coleman was put on Injured Reserve on the 20th of November, and that he will be 32 years old by the start of next season. Both of those facts do not bode well for any professional football player, unless you are a kicker, but especially one along the defensive line.

Is what I write down in a mock draft the Gospel? Absolutely not. But my reasoning is not ridiculous.

scar988
12-16-2007, 12:21 PM

I would Imagine that Ellis is an upgrade over Banineaux. I saw that Coleman was put on Injured Reserve on the 20th of November, and that he will be 32 years old by the start of next season. Both of those facts do not bode well for any professional football player, unless you are a kicker, but especially one along the defensive line.

Is what I write down in a mock draft the Gospel? Absolutely not. But my reasoning is not ridiculous.
Ellis isn't much more than a slight upgrade over our BACKUP UT. BAbineaux has been impressing coaches and playing very well when he gets in the game. he penetrates just as well as Coleman does and is just as good of a pass rusher. He was selected in 2005 to be Coleman's eventual replacement and is looking exactly liek that. BUt Coleman also has 2 more years left on his contract. and Babineaux has 3. so why would we wwaste a pick on a guy who is a slight improvement over our backup. again, nice try. but your reasoning is HORRIBLE. We won't waste a top 5 pick on a backup.

Sniper
12-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Ellis isn't much more than a slight upgrade over our BACKUP UT. BAbineaux has been impressing coaches and playing very well when he gets in the game. he penetrates just as well as Coleman does and is just as good of a pass rusher. He was selected in 2005 to be Coleman's eventual replacement and is looking exactly liek that. BUt Coleman also has 2 more years left on his contract. and Babineaux has 3. so why would we wwaste a pick on a guy who is a slight improvement over our backup. again, nice try. but your reasoning is HORRIBLE. We won't waste a top 5 pick on a backup.

Slight upgrade? Dude Ellis is arguably the best DT in this draft

scar988
12-16-2007, 12:41 PM

and He isn't much better for a UT spot in Atlanta than Babineaux or Coleman. You haven't seen Babineaux play. I have and he's something special. Ellis isn't the best DT in the draft. Dorsey is. and just because you are the best DT in the draft doesn't mean that you will be better than a pro bowl player like Coleman. again, you don't waste a top 5 pick on a BACKUP

Sniper
12-16-2007, 12:43 PM
and He isn't much better for a UT spot in Atlanta than Babineaux or Coleman. You haven't seen Babineaux play. I have and he's something special. Ellis isn't the best DT in the draft. Dorsey is. and just because you are the best DT in the draft doesn't mean that you will be better than a pro bowl player like Coleman. again, you don't waste a top 5 pick on a BACKUP

Most top 5 picks are backups to start. And yes, I have seen Babineaux play. He's good, but he's no Ellis. And I really don't think Dorsey and Ellis are that far apart, and to me it's not a foregone conclusion Dorsey is the #1 DT

scar988
12-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Most top 5 picks are backups to start. And yes, I have seen Babineaux play. He's good, but he's no Ellis. And I really don't think Dorsey and Ellis are that far apart, and to me it's not a foregone conclusion Dorsey is the #1 DT
well, to me it is. And again, most top 5 picks start unless they are a QB in their first year. Don't believe me? look at last years draft alone:
QB Russell - 1 game played
WR Johnson - 7 starts in 12 games played but Martz is a moron
OT Thomas - started every game
DE Adams - started every game
OT Brown - started every game

and the year before:
DE Williams - started every game
RB Bush - played every game
QB Young - sat out a few games. then started every game from lieke the 7th.
OT Ferguson - started every game
LB Hawk - started every game

again, nice try.v but you don't WASTE a TOP 5 PICK on a BACKUP.

Sniper
12-16-2007, 01:17 PM
well, to me it is. And again, most top 5 picks start unless they are a QB in their first year. Don't believe me? look at last years draft alone:
QB Russell - 1 game played
WR Johnson - 7 starts in 12 games played but Martz is a moron
OT Thomas - started every game
DE Adams - started every game
OT Brown - started every game

and the year before:
DE Williams - started every game
RB Bush - played every game
QB Young - sat out a few games. then started every game from lieke the 7th.
OT Ferguson - started every game
LB Hawk - started every game

again, nice try.v but you don't WASTE a TOP 5 PICK on a BACKUP.

You're right, I was thinking about QBs. My bad.

Joeyjr09
12-16-2007, 01:23 PM
1. Miami Dolphins :Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU. I've gone between Dorsey, Chris Long, and Darren McFadden more times than I can count. And while I don't exactly agree that Dorsey is the clear cut option at number one, I believe that Long and McFadden are not even more so. I understand the theory of best player available (which would be McFadden) but there are just too many holes to fill on this team to waste a pick and a lot of money on a running back that would then give Miami three capable runners. Dorsey is the highest rated defensive prospect and the Dolphins will be glad to have him.

33. Miami Dolphins: Sam Baker, OT, USC. By nabbing two big time prospects on either side of the trenches would be an enormous boost for this Miami Dolphins team. I really liked the way Ronnie Brown was running before he got injured and some help up front would only make him better. Also, John Beck needs to be given a fair shake before the critics come out, and a fair shake includes better protection than what he's receiving. Baker and Dorsey, an excellent start I think.

55. Miami Dolphins (from San Diego):Shawn Crable, DE/OLB, Michigan. I love the value of this pick for Miami. Shawn Crable is a poor man's Vernon Gholston or Quentin Groves and he's a player that you can move all over on that front seven.

65. Miami Dolphins: Lavelle Hawkins, WR, California.

97. Miami Dolphins: Rodrick Johnson, LB, Oklahoma State.

Dorsey and Baker are really good picks. A top DT and a LT that can move Carey back to RT where he is better off.

Not a huge fan of Crable. We have way bigger holes then OLB. Channing Crowder and Joey Porter are decent although not world beaters. But considering the state of our DBs, WRs, DL the OLB spot can wait. Much rather see us grab a guy like DeJuan Tribble who is a terrific cover CB and could start from day 1 opposite Will Allen.

With Hawkins, you have targeted a position of need in WR. However, he is not nearly as good a prospects as some of the others on the board. Harry Douglas and Keenan Burton are much, much better prospects and Burton with his size would be a great fit next to Ted Ginn. Martin Rucker also fills a huge need at TE or a guy like Vince Hall would be nice as Zach Thomas looks like he's gonna retire.

Roderick Johnson is another pick that is kinda a waste. We need to be targetting DBs, and DLs at this point. Kendall Langford has the size and athletism to handle the DE role in the Dolphins defense. He would be perfect as a rotational player to spell Vonnie Holliday, Jason Taylor and Matt Roth when they need a rest. He should definately be the pick ahead of Roderick Johnson.

Overall, not horrible but some tweaking would make the Dolphins draft alot better.

I'd go like this:
1-Glenn Dorsey, DT
2a- Sam Baker, LT
2b- DeJuan Tribble, CB
3- Keenan Burton, WR
4- Kendall Langford, DE

king2am
12-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Glenn Dorsey: 6'2" 299.

Sedrick Ellis: 6'1" 285.

I'm sure, if all of your good friends in the Falcons front office wanted Ellis to be just like Dorsey, they would tell him to put on ten pounds.

Because these two grade out so similiar, the only thing you could have against him is ONE INCH and FOURTEEN POUNDS.

That's the reason for it being a horrible selection? Dorsey is being praised as a DT because of his ability to wreak havoc in the trenches as a PENETRATOR, and thanks to your defensive line education, which was not needed, you clearly stated that the UT is the penetrator.

So would you be drafting a backup?
Or would Dorsey start over Coleman and the all mighty Babineaux?

If MY reasoning is ridiculous, then you sir, are a hypocrite.

scar988
12-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Glenn Dorsey: 6'2" 299.

Sedrick Ellis: 6'1" 285.

I'm sure, if all of your good friends in the Falcons front office wanted Ellis to be just like Dorsey, they would tell him to put on ten pounds.

Because these two grade out so similiar, the only thing you could have against him is ONE INCH and FOURTEEN POUNDS.

That's the reason for it being a horrible selection? Dorsey is being praised as a DT because of his ability to wreak havoc in the trenches as a PENETRATOR, and thanks to your defensive line education, which was not needed, you clearly stated that the UT is the penetrator.

So would you be drafting a backup?
Or would Dorsey start over Coleman and the all mighty Babineaux?

If MY reasoning is ridiculous, then you sir, are a hypocrite.

because Dorsey at NT for us would be both a Penetrator and a plugger. our NT spot needs a guy 310 or bigger, NOT 285. we alrewady have 2 guys who are 285 at UT. But Dorsey could gain 10 pounds and be the NT we need, where Ellis will be nothign but a UT for us if we got him and would never start over Coleman. your reasoning is horribly rediculous to use a top 5 pick on a backup. Dorsey would start at NT because he can plug and Penetrate. (just thought I'd say it again so you would understand) and he would gain the 10 pounds needed. I don't see anywhere on Ellis's frame to sadd any weight. on Dorsey I see a lot of room to add the 10 pounds.

again, nice try, but again, thanks for proving you have no idea what you are talking about

king2am
12-16-2007, 01:55 PM
On a different note, i'm truly surprised nobody has brought up Brohm sliding to SF.

KILLERSANTA
12-16-2007, 01:56 PM
I would be very happy with that Cowboys' draft.

king2am
12-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Scar, if they draft Ellis, who's to say Coleman isn't the backup by season's end?

He's going to be 32 for crying outloud, he was put on IR after somehting like his quadricep rupturing earlier in the year?

Sounds like a Pro Bowler on top of his game huh.

Please.

scar988
12-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Scar, if they draft Ellis, who's to say Coleman isn't the backup by season's end?

He's going to be 32 for crying outloud, he was put on IR after somehting like his quadricep rupturing earlier in the year?

Please.
you don't waste a top 5 pick on a spot where you have a backup who is as good as the starter already. Babineaux would be ahead of Ellsi on the depth chart. no joke. again, you don't waste your top 5 pick on a backup. it's pointless. Ellis makes ZERO sense as the Falcons pick. thanks for trying. I appreciate the effort but you're just wrong. we get Jake Long there. it's not that hard to see.

12-16-2007, 02:24 PM
you don't waste a top 5 pick on a spot where you have a backup who is as good as the starter already. Babineaux would be ahead of Ellsi on the depth chart. no joke. again, you don't waste your top 5 pick on a backup. it's pointless. Ellis makes ZERO sense as the Falcons pick. thanks for trying. I appreciate the effort but you're just wrong. we get Jake Long there. it's not that hard to see.

QB makes more sense dude, your team wont go anywhere til it has a decent one. Its a very deep draft for OTs so you can go get a good one in round 2 or 3.

scar988
12-16-2007, 02:30 PM
QB makes more sense dude, your team wont go anywhere til it has a decent one. Its a very deep draft for OTs so you can go get a good one in round 2 or 3.

yes, but no QB is worth the pick at 5 and Long is.

12-16-2007, 02:42 PM
yes, but no QB is worth the pick at 5 and Long is.

Actually Ive seen enough of Matt Ryan to say hes the only QB that warrants being a top 5 selection. I could talk all I want about it but its not gonna mean anything til people see him again in the Champs Sports Bowl against Michigan State and the Senior Bowl. His stock is gonna continue to rise and you will keep hearing more praise from scouts as the draft nears.

scar988
12-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Actually Ive seen enough of Matt Ryan to say hes the only QB that warrants being a top 5 selection. I could talk all I want about it but its not gonna mean anything til people see him again in the Champs Sports Bowl against Michigan State and the Senior Bowl. His stock is gonna continue to rise and you will keep hearing more praise from scouts as the draft nears.
yes, but Ryan also doesn't want to be in atlanta and I don't want a guy here who doesn't want to be here. hence, no QB is worth it at 5 for the Falcons.

Sniper
12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
yes, but Ryan also doesn't want to be in atlanta and I don't want a guy here who doesn't want to be here. hence, no QB is worth it at 5 for the Falcons.

I agree. I wouldn't take any QB in this draft at 5.

Incinerator
12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Great draft for the Eagles. I really want Phillips in this draft, and supposedly Jordy Nelson is good (never seen him play) and with LJ Smith most likely leaving, Fred Davis is perfect. I've never heard of the other picks but with those 3 I couldn't care less who the rest of the picks are.

Bengals1690
12-16-2007, 07:47 PM
one problem...

smith is most likely gone. it would be ellis-geathers

which i like.

good mock otherwise.

DiG
12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
why does denver have our 4th rounder?

otherwise the first 3 rounds for the skins are great. but it looks like we will be drafting close to the 17-20 range so i doubt we get gholston.

JT Jag
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Outstanding first two picks for the Jaguars. DE and DB are arguably the Jaguars' positions of most need overall, and those are two solid picks.

The rest of the rounds... not so much. Watch a Jaguars game or two and you'll know that the passing game isn't a big problem for us.

We have several young, intriguing wide-outs that we want to give chances to--- including Reggie Williams, who is still 24 and has 8 (8!) touchdowns on the year. Mike Walker, our 2007 third-rounder, is a huge wild-card going into next season, as he went onto IR for an injury that shouldn't linger and showed a lot of talent this preseason.

No way we draft two wide-outs and a QB in back-to-back-to-back rounds.

king2am
12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
why does denver have our 4th rounder?

otherwise the first 3 rounds for the skins are great. but it looks like we will be drafting close to the 17-20 range so i doubt we get gholston.

4th Round
Denver from Washington - WR Ashley Lelie (final part of deal - Atlanta)

this is the link I used:

http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/35

king2am
12-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Outstanding first two picks for the Jaguars. DE and DB are arguably the Jaguars' positions of most need overall, and those are two solid picks.

The rest of the rounds... not so much. Watch a Jaguars game or two and you'll know that the passing game isn't a big problem for us.

We have several young, intriguing wide-outs that we want to give chances to--- including Reggie Williams, who is still 24 and has 8 (8!) touchdowns on the year. Mike Walker, our 2007 third-rounder, is a huge wild-card going into next season, as he went onto IR for an injury that shouldn't linger and showed a lot of talent this preseason.

No way we draft two wide-outs and a QB in back-to-back-to-back rounds.

Noted Jt. Thanks for the information. You guys were one of the hardest to draft for.

DiG
12-16-2007, 10:59 PM
4th Round
Denver from Washington - WR Ashley Lelie (final part of deal - Atlanta)

this is the link I used:

http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/35

my understanding from the trade details is that our 3rd last year was high enough that we do not lose the 4th this year.

adschofield
12-16-2007, 11:01 PM
The Chiefs' draft is bringing tears of joy to my eyes...Talib and Long!!

Matthew Jones
12-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Jenkins is a decent enough pick, but at the same time I think I would prefer McFadden in the first round. The Patriots can't replace Asante Samuel if they lose him, so if that happens I see them taking BPA and trying to fill their need for a corner back another way. Remember, the Vikings took Adrian Peterson and the Saints took Reggie Bush with more glaring needs and more proven players than Maroney is. New England will also have Ellis Hobbs, Randall Gaye, and Brandon Meriweather at cornerback.

Lawrence Jackson is a good value in the second...for a 4-3 team. He would need to add another twenty pounds to play defensive end in New England but he's blocked by Seymour, Warren, Green, and he's far too slow to rush the passer from an outside linebacker spot. If I took McFadden in the first, I would take Moffitt here. Earl Bennett in the third round for BPA, and then at the end of the third, a guy I really like in Charles Godfrey to address corner. Chevis Jackson is a good pick, and I don't think it's good that I've never heard of the fifth round pick. Overall, I can see that you put a lot of effort into this, and you didn't do a bad job. Keep up the good work!

DChess
12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
terrible browns picks. you didnt pick give us one DL, which is what we really need. no need for a LB or S.

georgiafan
12-17-2007, 08:04 AM
4. Brandon Miller, LB Georgia
Bad pick. Michael Boley is a top 3 strong side linebacker in the NFL, Stephen Nicholas is the weak side linebacker of the future, and Miller can't play MLB according to a Georgia fan. Bad pick.

Yeah Miller was the MLB in pre season, but that didn't work and he moved back to OLB before the year started. He is now a backup DE

ABWA757
12-17-2007, 08:10 AM
I like the bills draft... but some problems

round 2. i think we need a Corner
round 3b. a DT or a OLB would be good.

But overall a good mock

king2am
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
my understanding from the trade details is that our 3rd last year was high enough that we do not lose the 4th this year.

I honestly wouldn't know either way Dig. I can change it when I go through everyone's posts and make some edits, but I was just showing you the link I used.

Thanks for pointing it out.

The OUTLAW
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think that the Browns reach to take Leman in the second.

indyfan1985
12-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Absolutely LOVE the first 2 pics for the Colts. However, I would prefer Dorien Bryant in the 4th and Jacob Hester in the 5th. LOVE the pic of Roy Shuening!!!

dbtb135
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts): Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville.

Bowman isn't really a bad pick, I just don't think there's any way we pass on Brohm.

Blake isn't really what we need. We've got White and Adams doing well rushing the passer from both sides. We really need a bigger, run playing DE.

We have no need for a WSLB right now.

I do like the Lee pick.

We have no need for another back-up QB.

The OUTLAW
12-27-2007, 05:12 PM
This is really an awful draft for the Browns. It is unfortunate that just about every player that the Browns would pick go earlier than they'd pick. But this is easily the worst possible draft that I've ever seen for the Browns. It also doesn't help that you appear to have reached for every one of their picks.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:27 PM

Babineaux has been in the top 10 of DTs in tackles for loss for the past 2 years, one year as a backup. He is a penatrator and selecting Ellis when we have several other needs would be horrible.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Doesn't really address the fact that he'd still be playing the same position as Rod Coleman.

Still, having both on the field on passing downs would be pretty sweet.

Babineaux and Coleman on passing downs is pretty sweet.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:28 PM

Babineaux has been pretty damn good.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:29 PM
So if I were to change Hayden for Wicks, thus satisfying the NT need, would that in turn make the Ellis pick good?

No, we have NO NEED at under tackle. We have plenty of other needs.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:34 PM

Please.

If Coleman is backup by seasons end it will be to Jonathan Babineaux. Actually Babineaux will probably start next season over Coleman. He gets in the backfield every play, chases down screens from behind, etc.. He runs a 4.7/4.8, squats a ********, and was drafted in the second round.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:34 PM

He might not be Ellis (but he's not far off), but we have a ton of other needs above under tackle.

dbtb135
12-27-2007, 11:05 PM
6 straight, man you either need a breather or multi-quote. :)

scar988
12-27-2007, 11:20 PM
If Coleman is backup by seasons end it will be to Jonathan Babineaux. Actually Babineaux will probably start next season over Coleman. He gets in the backfield every play, chases down screens from behind, etc.. He runs a 4.7/4.8, squats a ********, and was drafted in the second round.
Babineaus with how he played the last 8 games will start. he's playing like Coleman did back in 2004-2005. I wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman cut and us sign a NT with the money and draft a guy in the 5th or 6th to backup BAbineaux.

Dam8610
12-28-2007, 12:54 AM
The Colts do not need a guard that badly.

The Legend
12-28-2007, 02:19 AM
i really like the packers draft alot, dont think Mike Jenkins will fall that far thou

thou in round 4 i would perfer a Tight End thou also want a Defensive End in round 5

diabsoule
12-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Love the first four rounds but I have a question about the fifth round but if I can take the first four rounds I would gladly accept the first four and do away with the fifth.

lost33cause
12-30-2007, 04:47 AM
For anyone doing a bengals mock need to know DT is our biggest weakness atm. We have unimpressive undersized DT's and we have a big DT who doesn't move well. We get no pressure up the middle and have no one who commands a double team to create gaps for our blitzers which results in every nfl qb able to step into there throws. Also if we do decide to draft a DE it will be to replace Smith and not go on the other side of them. Geathers and Smith are both every down DE's but Smith is a FA and already wants big money for no sack production. I understand that James L. is a great pick and we would be lucky to get em if Ellis and Doresey are off the board but we then NEED to address DT in the second round with either Ohkam or D Moore.

So if I was to make a big board for the bengals it would look something like this.
1. Dorsey
2. Ellis
3. Gholston
4. James L.
5. Calial Campbell
6. Keith Rivers
7. K. Phillips(it would be BPA but I don't really want him)
8. Frank Ohkam
9. Dre Moore
I don't know too many other players after the first round but some have the DE from Florida dropping so he might be an option in round 2.

21ST
12-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Great Redskins draft

BuckNaked
12-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Why would the Vikings draft two linebackers, let alone one?

BamaFalcon59
12-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Babineaus with how he played the last 8 games will start. he's playing like Coleman did back in 2004-2005. I wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman cut and us sign a NT with the money and draft a guy in the 5th or 6th to backup BAbineaux.

I think we're going to see a lot of veterans cut this offseason.

6 straight, man you either need a breather or multi-quote. :)

Lol, they kind of just piled up.

detap21
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I hear good things about this MLB Red Keith from Central Michigan, but I don't see him any where on your mock draft. He is smaller than most MLBs but he is quick and agile, I'm sure that he could help out some teams this draft.

jdb1972
01-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm a bit late to the party, but the Panthers' draft is completely wrong.

First, they don't play a true free safety. They've had two ballhawk safeties on the roster since Fox has been here. Deon Grant was basically run out of town, and Idres Brashir didn't see the field beyond STs his one season here. They won't take Smith, and especially not at the #13 spot. At least Phillips is a hitter.

Second, they don't need a QB. Delhomme will be back, and Moore was adequate in his three starts. They also have a third guy (Bret Basanez) the like who was IR'ed mostly so they wouldn't lose him. So Ainge is out.

Third, Barton's a RT. If you're assuming they won't be able to resign Gross (their top notch RT and top FA priority), that's one thing, but it doesn't look like a need just yet. LT (where Wharton is not as good and also a UFA) seems a bigger priority.

Fourth, the Panthers just drafted Beason with their first round pick to play MLB, where he excelled. No need or space for Klinkenborg.

iloxygenil
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Long in 1 Carlson in 3 and the Falcons draft would be better...Ellis doesn't fit the Falcons needs.

BamaFalcon59
01-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Neither does Carlson.

iloxygenil
01-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Says you...Falcons have 1 legit TE who's been hurt the last few years, and we lean heavily on the TE. So he fits the needs fine. Don't give me that bull that Milner is fine