PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Champs

JK17
12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Well, its been an up and down year, but we did it again, and won the AFC West, and look like we can make at least a 10 win season this year. Here's to all the best in the playoffs!

Average OT LB
12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
yeah... the cream rose to the top, the best team prevailed.

sdpads24
12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
This is a big relief for all chargers fans. We played terrible in the beginning of the season but came through and turned it around when it really mattered. I'm really excited about what this team can do in the playoffs if we keep improving from week to week.

bantx
12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
nice little turn around

Xenos
12-17-2007, 04:00 PM
The quick slants and passes yesterday was something I would like Norv to use more of. Look how many key third downs Rivers was able to complete in that game as opposed to the rest of the year.

San Diego Chicken
12-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Does this mean everyone forgives Norv Turner and Ted Cottrell?

San Diego Chicken
12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Just kidding, but maybe there was something to Cottrell playing more zone, could be a reason why the Chargers are getting so many interceptions.

bantx
12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Does this mean everyone forgives Norv Turner and Ted Cottrell?

i dunno maybe they figured out the run game is more effective last 2 games LT been hot, lets see if norv catches on, but no get norv out of here

JK17
12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Just kidding, but maybe there was something to Cottrell playing more zone, could be a reason why the Chargers are getting so many interceptions.

In terms of Norv and Cottrell perhaps I did jump ship a little early on them, although its still yet to be seen. I do know we are dominant in inteceptions, and the offense is finally starting to click yet. Perhaps the early struggles were adjusting to a different scheme, although I'm not 100% sold yet. But each week I get a little more confidence....

Average OT LB
12-18-2007, 12:13 AM
The quick slants and passes yesterday was something I would like Norv to use more of. Look how many key third downs Rivers was able to complete in that game as opposed to the rest of the year.

I completely agree. That is a very keen observation that my friend and i were discussing. THe fact that we can now throw slants is huge despite it sounding so simple.

As for cottrell and norv.. I definitely should apologize not givin them a shot, but lets be honest. When they were bad, they were really bad and in turn the fans reacted negatively. They're turning it around now, without alot from merriman and castillo, and have started to prove themselves. But lets not kid ourselves here, we just 'made' jon kitna throw interceptions. Like thats hard? When it comes to playing the big bad patriots or some other high octane offense, we'll see what we're really made of.