PDA

View Full Version : NFC South Champs

Chucky
12-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Thought that it deserved its own thread. Our next goal is to catch Seattle and take the three seed.

Caddy
12-16-2007, 08:40 PM
To catch them we'll most likely have to win our last two games and hope Seattle stumbles against Atlanta or Baltimore. I think we are destined for the #4 seed.

Chucky
12-16-2007, 08:42 PM
As Do I, but i can dream

Tampa 2 4 life
12-16-2007, 08:46 PM
#3 seed = Vikings
#4 seed = Giants

Which would you rather have?

Beans
12-16-2007, 08:46 PM
and hope Seattle stumbles against Atlanta or Baltimore.

Yeah, we've got fourth seed.

I honestly wouldn't mind play the Giants much. They're hell of inconsistent.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
#3 seed = Vikings
#4 seed = Giants

Which would you rather have?

I'd much rather play the Giants. All of their wins are against losing teams. Also they don't have Adrian Peterson.

Caddy
12-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah I agree. Giants would probably be a better choice. The Buccaneers whose defense overall is very good, our run defense is the weak link. I would much rather take my chances against Brandon Jacobs & Co rather than AD.

zCaddyz
12-17-2007, 10:37 AM
not me the vikings are a better team, and i want to play the best and see if our d can stop ap

Chucky
12-17-2007, 04:34 PM
the only thing is that Osi and Strahan vs. Penn and Trueblood could get ugly

Caddy
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
the only thing is that Osi and Strahan vs. Penn and Trueblood could get ugly

And Justin Tuck.

Our Offensive Line has performed admirably all year and the mobility of Garcia should help negate, not eradicate, the effects of New York's defensive line.

etk
12-17-2007, 08:48 PM
The Giants are a very good road team, I'd take the Vikings over them anyday, but it could very well be another team like the Saints or someone. I think we match-up very well against the Vikings. We've proven we can run on any team and their secondary is fairly weak. We have more than enough defensive speed to stop Adrian Peterson, and we force a lot of turnovers.

etk
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
And Justin Tuck.

Our Offensive Line has performed admirably all year and the mobility of Garcia should help negate, not eradicate, the effects of New York's defensive line.

I disagree. I think Garcia's mobility would be a negative factor against the Giants pass rush. Proof: McNabb vs. Giants game 1.

Caddy
12-18-2007, 02:09 AM
I disagree. I think Garcia's mobility would be a negative factor against the Giants pass rush. Proof: McNabb vs. Giants game 1.

In all fairness Winston Justice played his part in allowing McNabb to be sacked so often that game.

etk
12-18-2007, 08:13 AM
In all fairness Winston Justice played his part in allowing McNabb to be sacked so often that game.

Over half of McNabb's sacks were a result of him holding onto the ball too long trying to make plays with his feet. We saw glimpses of that from Jeff in thae Falcons game.

Watchman
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
At the beginning of the year I thought the playoffs were a pipe dream. But, the team has really played well this year.

As far as Vikings or Giants - I don't really care, each team presents a different challenge. I'm not real optimistic about the playoffs overall, but it is nice for the Bucs to be back in.

Caddy
12-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Over half of McNabb's sacks were a result of him holding onto the ball too long trying to make plays with his feet. We saw glimpses of that from Jeff in thae Falcons game.

I think in the Falcons game Garcia was not 100% match fit which resulted in him holding on to the ball too long (see the Davis and to a degree the Abraham sack) and forcing a pass to Joey Galloway which wasn't really on, resulting in a pick.

The reason I like the match up with the Giants is because I feel our defense should be able to control the erratic Eli Manning and stop the likes of Jacobs and Droughns. The Falcons were able to run on the Buc's a little too easily for my taste and with AD playing great football, he could really make it hard for the Buc's.

etk
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
As far as Vikings or Giants - I don't really care, each team presents a different challenge. I'm not real optimistic about the playoffs overall, but it is nice for the Bucs to be back in.

You just made me depressed. We can win 1-2 games this year. We always struggle against the good passing teams like Dallas, GB, NE, Indianapolis, etc. I'm not even thinking about any sort of championship games.

Caddy
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
You just made me depressed. We can win 1-2 games this year. We always struggle against the good passing teams like Dallas, GB, NE, Indianapolis, etc. I'm not even thinking about any sort of championship games.

Luckily the Giants don't have that stellar a passing game then or rushing attack for that matter.