PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Brown committing tomorrow

thebow305
12-16-2007, 11:16 PM
He is set to commit at 4:30pm tomorrow I believe. Let's get some predictions on here.

Where do you think he is going!?

TigerBait45
12-16-2007, 11:26 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Miami.

New rumor going around is that LSU's back in it after Miles and a few assistants visited him in-home last night, but who knows.

To be completely honest, I don't think anyone knows what hes going to do.

thebow305
12-16-2007, 11:38 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Miami.

New rumor going around is that LSU's back in it after Miles and a few assistants visited him in-home last night, but who knows.

To be completely honest, I don't think anyone knows what hes going to do.

I would say it's between Miami and UNC, but I really have no idea... I really hope it's Miami. But in the end, it doesn't really bother me all that much because we have so many other good linebackers already. Spence will be better IMO anyway. He would still be nice to have though, especially if it helps us get his brother too. :)

Joeyjr09
12-16-2007, 11:46 PM
I would say it's between Miami and UNC, but I really have no idea... I really hope it's Miami. But in the end, it doesn't really bother me all that much because we have so many other good linebackers already. Spence will be better IMO anyway. He would still be nice to have though, especially if it helps us get his brother too. :)

I love Spence but he is not Arthur Brown. Brown is hands down, no questions asked the best LB this year. Have you seen his film?

I read the rumor abotu LSU visiting him and selling him on Miles staying and the like but it seems like too little too late. He kinda slipped away from them some time ago I think.

Florida pulled themselves out of the running.

It's definately down to UNC, Miami, LSU and USC. It will be one of those schools.

Everything I've heard and read tells me it's gonna be Miami. I've got a great feeling on him. With that said UNC does scare me a little and the way recruiting works, he could shock us all and pick USC.

I think Miami has it in the bag tho. We'll find out soon enough.

reigle9
12-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Notre Dame

RyanLeaf#1
12-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Notre Dame

I think his final 5 are Florida, LSU, USC, North Carolina, and Miami.

RyanLeaf#1
12-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Im going to say North Carolina.

Joeyjr09
12-17-2007, 01:30 AM
I think his final 5 are Florida, LSU, USC, North Carolina, and Miami.

I think reigle9 was just joking with his ND comment.

Florida is definately out of it. He didn't take an offcial there and tehy cancelled an in home with him last week because they thought it was a waste of time.

I think the general concensus is that the final two are Miami and UNC.

reigle9
12-17-2007, 03:30 AM
Haha, of course I was.

Sniper
12-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Miami is my guess

vatech=accdomination
12-17-2007, 07:38 AM
why would he goto UNC, it will never be Butch Davis Miami.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-17-2007, 03:38 PM
It's official, he just put on a U hat.

marks01234
12-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Im going to say North Carolina.

You Heel fans are sure taking this pretty rough.

Should have known better.

etk
12-17-2007, 09:36 PM

None of our linebackers are even close to Brown. I'm a HS linebacker myself, and I can tell you firsthand that Brown is everything he's made out to be and more. I've seen Spence's tapes and they're not nearly as impressive. Brown is bigger, faster, quicker, etc. He's a sideline-to-sideline LB with great burst on blitzes. In terms of more modern linebackers, he reminds me of Patrick Willis and Phillip Wheeler.

504 to ATL
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
He went there for the family atmosphere? How is being immersed in thug life family atmosphere?

Hell of a player though, Miami got a special talent.

mqtirishfan
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
He went there for the family atmosphere? How is being immersed in thug life family atmosphere?

Dude, Miami is definitely a family atmosphere in terms of the team itself. Have you ever seen the way Miami alumni are togther?

The Legend
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Gotta Love Miami

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/50/506096.jpg

4.47 Speed AMAZING

Joeyjr09
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM

Way to live in the 80's. When will guys get over the thug jokes with the U?

Did you see all the former and current Miami players at Sean Taylor's funeral? How about the way the entire team came out defending their holder when FIU punched him two years ago that lead to that huge brawl? Miami players have each other's backs for better or worse and there is a family bond at Miami that is rare to find in most colleges throughout the nation.

Thug life my ass. How are kids that are trying to make a name for themselves and make something out of their life thugs? The thugs are the kids that don't even bother to go to Miami, not the kids that are there trying to get an education and build a future for themselves.

Sniper
12-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Hi! Feel free to join us in the 21st century!!!!!!!!!!!

jbombul
12-21-2007, 04:13 PM

coming from the guy who is probably a falcons fan lol

504 to ATL
12-21-2007, 05:23 PM
How about the way the entire team came out defending their holder when FIU punched him two years ago that lead to that huge brawl?

exactly those players had no discipline. There is no way a sensible human being will stomp on other players.

Hi! Feel free to join us in the 21st century!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm wasn't it just 2 years past when a current Miami player was gunned down, and another returned fire? I did not know the guy so I can not judge him, but it definitely sounds like they surround themselves in the wrong environment.

coming from the guy who is probably a falcons fan lol

exact opposite actually. I can not condone the actions of the falcons players in any way. Them and the Bengals are the dregs of the league. There is no room for that in a professional league, they should act in a professional manner at all times while they are under contract.

mqtirishfan
12-21-2007, 05:28 PM
exactly those players had no discipline. There is no way a sensible human being will stomp on other players.

Ummm wasn't it just 2 years past when a current Miami player was gunned down, and another returned fire? I did not know the guy so I can not judge him, but it definitely sounds like they surround themselves in the wrong environment.

Family is way different than stupidity. If I want to go somewhere that everyone will have my back and support me, Miami is toward the top.

Sniper
12-21-2007, 05:29 PM

Bryan Pata was gunned down by a Miami player? News to me.

504 to ATL
12-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Bryan Pata was gunned down by a Miami player? News to me.

where does it say that one miami player shot at Pata? It doesnt it says a then current player(Pata) was gunned down, and a teammate returned fire.

Sniper
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
where does it say that one miami player shot at Pata? It doesnt it says a then current player(Pata) was gunned down, and a teammate returned fire.

You made it sound like it was a Miami player who gunned down Pata. Stop portraying Miami as thugs who get in trouble every day, this isn't the 1990s anymore

504 to ATL
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
I am not portraying them as thugs, only as I said they place themselves in a bad environment. I do not know the kids so I can not judge them, as I said before.

I think under current coach Shannon they should completely dispel any such thug rumors which is all for the best.

Although I can not understand some feeble attempt at justifying a massive brawl as camaraderie and togetherness, especially when one player in particular could get thrown in jail for his actions.

Joeyjr09
12-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I am not portraying them as thugs, only as I said they place themselves in a bad environment. I do not know the kids so I can not judge them, as I said before.

I think under current coach Shannon they should completely dispel any such thug rumors which is all for the best.

Although I can not understand some feeble attempt at justifying a massive brawl as camaraderie and togetherness, especially when one player in particular could get thrown in jail for his actions.

Bro, have you ever even been to Coral Gables? A bad environment? Are you kidding me? I don't think there's even a house in that entire area that is worth less then 500,000 dollars. It's an extremely nice area.

Bro, if you actually saw the brawl between Miami and FIU, you'd notice that it didn't start until FIU basically gang raped the Miami holder. Then Miami players came to his defense and the fight started. If you don't see that as a form of togetherness, to risk your college career to defend a teammate, then I don't know what to tell you. You are blind as can be.

504 to ATL
12-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Bro, if you actually saw the brawl between Miami and FIU, you'd notice that it didn't start until FIU basically gang raped the Miami holder. Then Miami players came to his defense and the fight started. If you don't see that as a form of togetherness, to risk your college career to defend a teammate, then I don't know what to tell you. You are blind as can be.

Haha, do you honestly think one person on this board has not seen that brawl? Of course some people did not view the brawl with da U glasses on such as yourself. How do you in explicitly accept Brandon M's actions?

I can understand coming to the aid of a team mate, but to swing helmets and stomp on other players legs and try to end their careers, now that is just plain violent and cruel. There might have been only one rotten apple(Brandon M) but it takes a long time for people to forget those kind of brutal actions, and to not attribute those characteristics to the entire program.

As for being as blind as can be, no I actually watched the brawl in an unbiased manner, and actually applauded the opposing head coach for his post brawl actions. He actually had the decency to kick some of his players off the team.

mqtirishfan
12-21-2007, 08:09 PM
but it takes a long time for people to forget those kind of brutal actions, and to not attribute those characteristics to the entire program.

People who have no deductive reasoning skills, perhaps.

504 to ATL
12-21-2007, 08:24 PM
maybe so, but maybe people need proof over the long run, perhaps.