PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Jones WR - Valdosta St.

YAYareaRB
12-16-2007, 11:33 PM
I happened to be watching the D-II National Championship Game between Valdosta St and some other team that fails to come to mind. But in that game I watch Cedric Jones #8. He's about 6'0" 185+ and he can FLY! He's also a very fluid athlete. Was making plays all around the field. Productive for Valdosta and yeah, I know it's D-II but the tools are definitely there. He's definitely a playmaker and he's a sophomore I believe. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of them.

There QB is pretty damn good too.

Mr. Stiller
12-17-2007, 01:05 AM
I happened to be watching the D-II National Championship Game between Valdosta St and some other team that fails to come to mind. But in that game I watch Cedric Jones #8. He's about 6'0" 185+ and he can FLY! He's also a very fluid athlete. Was making plays all around the field. Productive for Valdosta and yeah, I know it's D-II but the tools are definitely there. He's definitely a playmaker and he's a sophomore I believe. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of them.

There QB is pretty damn good too.

Northwest Missouri State.

I think Jones is a product of that QB. He's very accurate and has a nice arm. I think that was more the horrible CB play of NWMS than it was him being that good. I have to watch the game again.

6'3 190lbs.. Willie Copeland. He's draft Eligible and I think someone will give him a training camp looksie. I think Xavier Omon was the most impressive guy of that game even though they limited him. The strength and never quit attitude he possessed was really impressive.

I forget why the reffing was bad, but something about it stuck out.

And that was by far one of the worst officiated games I've seen. I happened to watch that, the Pennsylvania Championship games and the SWAC Championship that day..

SWAC Championship had some very interesting guys I liked. Jackson State vs. Grambling.

Jimmy Oliver.. Senior Quarterback. The kid is 6'1 180lbs. He has a Cannon. I know it's D1 so I don't think he has 4.3 speed. But I would say it's low to mid 4.4 speed. I would venture to say he could be a Randel-El like candidate.. College QB-> WR/KR. He certainly has the quicks, the vision.. and he could read that Grambling defense. He looked like Troy Smith against Michigan his senior year, except faster and more decisive.

2 DL. Gotta love the fattee's.

Cory Clark. 6'3 320lbs. He's not that fast, but this guy takes 2-3 guys to block and was collapsing the pocket every play for about 4 straight drives.. they rested him about 3-4 plays.. he came right back in and did it again. I was thoroughly impressed with his athleticism and Stamina for that size.

Anthony Atkins, Junior...6'3 290lbs. He's really got some quicks. Again I know it's low level, but he was the UT, and he was lining up at DE and even a few plays at ILB, when they rotated Dennis Coit in. He had great handwork and was a constant fixture in the backfield.

I have to find a way to get to see those 2 games again. Very interesting prospects for lower level. I really would like to See Jimmy Oliver again. They could just not tackle this kid.

At one point.. He had a Linebacker and DT grab him.. the DT tried to whip him around.. he was thrown, put a hand down, caught his balance and the LB grabbed him.. and with both his arms on his legs pulling him down, he rocketed a pass 32+ yards for a score.