PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Harvey = Kiwinuka?

London
12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
I think Derrick Harvey is going to be this years Mathias Kiwinuka. Both seem similar pass rushers with doubts in their (potential) draft year on how they deal with double teams and against the run.

Like kiwi, I think Harvey may be a steal for someone mid to late round 1. The guy has a great burst and long arms to play the run.

I'm not sure why he seems to have got so much bad press this year...

Solomon
12-18-2007, 01:23 AM
I think Derrick Harvey is going to be this years Mathias Kiwinuka. Both seem similar pass rushers with doubts in their (potential) draft year on how they deal with double teams and against the run.

Like kiwi, I think Harvey may be a steal for someone mid to late round 1. The guy has a great burst and long arms to play the run.

I think he's gotten so much bad press this year because he didn't step up his play like many expected. He ended last season strong, and people expected him to cash in on his vast potential and start to dominate the rest of the country. He started the year off pretty well but really faltered down the stretch and could never generate consistant pressure on the QB which is supposed to be his strong suit. He had a pretty productive year but he was expected to do more, and a possible first rounder should have those high expectations.

StaticGator
12-18-2007, 08:46 AM
He is more physical than Moss having played two years against the right side of the offense and dealing with tight ends and other blockers so he shouldn't have any extra concerns about stopping the run. He is stouter than Gholston and Groves.

Other than Harvey the Gators lost their top 6 defensive linemen from last season and were especially weak at tackle most of the season.