PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneers vs. 49ers

49ersfan_87
12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Tampa Bay rolls into the Bay Area in what was supposed to be a primetime game, now scheduled at 4 pm EST.

Shaun Hill is starting for the 49ers. He made his first career start and was impressive against the bengals, but then again, it is the bengals. He'll be facing a much tougher defense.

Also, Jeff Garcia will be making his return to SF. I'm still a huge Garcia fan and i root for him all the time (will be rooting for you guys in the playoffs because of him) but i hope he loses this week ;)

Heres to a good game with no injuries!

Canadian_kid16
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm so jealous, my buddy is goin to see thisgame, I hate him for it :mad:

Caddy
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm a little uneasy about the 49ers. They have nothing to lose at this point in the season and a team with nothing to lose is a dangerous one. But does it matter? No, because we already clinched the Divisional Championship :).

zCaddyz
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
i think our d will step up and score 14 on them wit the o scoring another 14, no gaines adams will have 2 sacks, mr jackson will have a pick......................is it a home game or no cuz we stink when we go to the west coast

Prime Time
12-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Byron Storer.. my brother went to Central Catholic with him i heard hes not bad on the bucs

etk
12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm so jealous, my buddy is goin to see thisgame, I hate him for it :mad:

I'm going to the Panthers game. 50 yard line 10th row or so. Might get field passes too. BRAAP!

Oh yeah then I'm going to the Outback Bowl. Best break ever!

Tampa 2 4 life
12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm going to the Panthers game. 50 yard line 10th row or so. Might get field passes too. BRAAP!

Oh yeah then I'm going to the Outback Bowl. Best break ever!

I actually haven't decided if I'm going this year. Depends what happens on the 31st, with the USF game and all...;)

etk
12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I actually haven't decided if I'm going this year. Depends what happens on the 31st, with the USF game and all...;)

I'm not a big fan of Tennessee or Wisconsin, but I think it's a pretty good even matchup. I can't wait to see the 2nd most overrated QB in the draft in person.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm not a big fan of Tennessee or Wisconsin, but I think it's a pretty good even matchup. I can't wait to see the 2nd most overrated QB in the draft in person.

It doesn't really look to be an exciting game, maybe a close one, but Ainge + Donovan = Yawn.

etk
12-17-2007, 09:03 PM
It doesn't really look to be an exciting game, maybe a close one, but Ainge + Donovan = Yawn.

That's what I meant. I like some of Tennessee's young defenders, and I like Beckum and Ikegwuonu. Stuck there...

Caddy
12-23-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm a little uneasy about the 49ers. They have nothing to lose at this point in the season and a team with nothing to lose is a dangerous one. But does it matter? No, because we already clinched the Divisional Championship :).

I guess my unease was warranted.

etk
12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
We suck against West Coast teams. We're going to need to outgain our opponents (probably NYG) by 300 to win in the playoffs. Our red zone offense is one of the most futile in history, and we generally just freeze up and selfdestruct every time we cross the 40, which is often.

I really think we're gonna lose if we play the Giants in the playoffs. The Giants always seem to be outplayed, but they always manage to make some key plays in the 2nd half to come through victorious, especially on the road. We don't match up well at all. They have a good running game, good pass rush, and their defense is opportunistic.

Caddy
12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
We suck against West Coast teams. We're going to need to outgain our opponents (probably NYG) by 300 to win in the playoffs. Our red zone offense is one of the most futile in history, and we generally just freeze up and selfdestruct every time we cross the 40, which is often.

I really think we're gonna lose if we play the Giants in the playoffs. The Giants always seem to be outplayed, but they always manage to make some key plays in the 2nd half to come through victorious, especially on the road. We don't match up well at all. They have a good running game, good pass rush, and their defense is opportunistic.

Honestly, I never got my hopes up for the 49ers game. I believe we played them in similar circumstances 2 years ago and lost on the road then as well.

We have 1 week to sort out any problems and then get ready for the Giants. I think our defense will be able to trouble them, particularly Eli Manning. If we can continually force turnovers and win the turnover battle we should have enough to get the win.

Canadian_kid16
12-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I tihnk I may want to play the Skins again...can that happen??

diabsoule
12-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I really was not expecting you guys to lose to the 9ers. What happened out there?

etk
12-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Honestly, I never got my hopes up for the 49ers game. I believe we played them in similar circumstances 2 years ago and lost on the road then as well.

We have 1 week to sort out any problems and then get ready for the Giants. I think our defense will be able to trouble them, particularly Eli Manning. If we can continually force turnovers and win the turnover battle we should have enough to get the win.

Our defense will force at least 3 turnovers. I'm fairly confident that will happen. I don't know if that will be enough because we pwn teams on the box score but continually struggle to win. The big reason for this is our passing game. It gets harder to run the ball inside the 30, and we don't answer well when we pass. Whether it's Garcia or McCown, it seems like they wait too long to throw at the end of drives. We need to change it up in the red zone or we will keep struggling, because our quick passing offense won't work 100% of the time. We can spread the field more and try to use our big receivers, or we can cross Galloway and try to find seams. We like running toss plays to the right, so why don't we throw in a HB pass? Our offense needs a spark because teams are keying on Galloway all game.

Watchman
12-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm not real confident the Bucs can pull off a win vs. the Giants. I was ok with Gruden pulling the starters, but I'm a little uneasy because the O isn't playing all the well right now. Scoring FG's instead of TD's won't do it in the playoffs. Concerned about being one and done, but this team has suprised me this year so who knows.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I think gameplanning is going to be huge against the Giants. If we can stop the run effectively, we'll win the game.

etk
12-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't think we will have a problem gameplanning for the Giants. I thin k execution, or lack thereof, will be a big problem. I expect a lot of turnovers on both sides, but can we hold them off in the 4th quarter? The Giants play lights out in the 4th quarter on the road, they're an unusual team.

Caddy
12-25-2007, 05:46 PM
This game will be an opportunity for the offensive line to show how far they have actually come. 1st and 2nd year players Penn, Sears, Trueblood and Joseph really need to step up their game against Umenyiora, Strahan and Tuck. If we can give our quarterback some time in the pocket, it will contribute a long way to a victory.