PDA

View Full Version : Scotty's mock 2.0

scottyboy
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
so I'm a bit bored, and decided to give it another try. I'll be using SCOTT'S order, so no complaining about the pick. Other than that rip away, but remember, reasoning shows knowledge, and KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
RUTGERS RULES

1. Miami Dolphins- Geez, they could go so many ways here. Dangerous duo with run DMC and Ronnie, or possibly trade Mr. Brown. I just don't see it happening. Who else is worthy of the number 1 pick? Long, Dorsey... Long? I just have no idea where they'll lean. My pick for them?

DT, Glen Dorsey, LSU

2. New England Patriots- It's awful isn't it? they can go undefeated, get caught cheating, penalized, and still end up with a top 5 pick? ******* skanks. Age in the LB position is obvious, but who here? Laurinitis? Connor? umm no. Run DMC with Maroney? AHH scary, but wont happen in my mock. Samuel is as good as gone IMO, and they bring in a young stud to replace him

CB, Malcolm Jenkins, OSU

3. St. Louis Rams- Poor yoda, and other rams fans, but most importantly, poor Brian Leonard!!! Pace is out, and they've been killed with injuries. But injuries or no injuries, this team's D is still pretty bad. Of course the Longs would be good and sensible choices, but I'm in a mood to go different here and give the Rams a playmaker at a very thin position this year

Safety, Kenny Philips, Miami

4. Atlanta Falcons- A pretty harsh season on them so far, topped off with the whole Petrino thing. Run DMC is still on the board, but RB is deep, and they need a QB. hmm dilema here eh? perhaps they can grab a guy like Colt Brennan later on in round 2 or perhaps 3. Hell, put this guy at QB...

RB, Darren McFadden, Arkansas

5. New York Jets- Ok, this pick is beyond obvious. It makes too much sense, and honestly, who cares? it's the jets :)

DE, Chris Long, UVA

6. Kansas City Chiefs- Well, well. they need an OL and perhaps a QB, but lookie who slipped in my mock. It's Mr. Long from Ann Arbor! If I gave this team a QB, the fans would flip anyway

OT, Jake Long, Michigan

7. Oakland Raiders- An interesting team to say the least. With Jamarcus, Andre, Ryan and Brohm are all out of the picture. Right Al?....Al? oh lord, he's hyped up on his meds again...

DE, Vernon Gholston, OSU

8. Baltimore Ravens- Where to go here? I think, it's gonn be QB. Can you really trust Troy Smith? for real? I dont think so. Now which one of the 3 QB's is it gonna be? Well, I'm gonna choose one, and it may make some Balti fans happy, and others mad. Which one? While I agree with Scott, but feel like shaking it up some.

QB, Andre Woodsen, Kentucky

9. Cincinatti Bengals- Oh Cincy, how you tease me. I thought this as the year you put it all together! O is really a pretty obvious non-need here, and the best D player on the board now is gotta be

DT, Sedrick Ellis, USC

10. Carolina Panthers- Yea, safety is a need, but who's here? nobody worth this pick. Oh yea, they're also starting Vinny, who fought dinosaurs with John Elway and Favre. And lets just say Delhomme is no spring chicken either. Now which QB here?

QB, Matt Ryan, Boston College

11. Chicago Bears- Now, I wonder. Do they take Brohm, the best QB here, and an obvious need. OR, do they go elsewhere, and take a guy who mny feel will rise up draft boards and be taken early? I'll stray away from Brohm here, and give them...

OT, Ryan Clady, Boise State

12. Philadelphia Eagles- I'm sorry but they need a WR, badly. There's a playmaker on the board that, with Westbrook, could stretch the D.

WR, Desean Jackson, California

13. Arizona Cardinals- Hmmm, where to go here? Well, the OL still isn't the best, but the D has some holes as well. I'm really considering Baker here, Jenkins as well, but I'm feeling spontaneous... let's give 'em...

DE/OLB, Quentin Groves, Auburn

14. New Orleans Saints- They need CB and LB. Luckily for them, there's some pretty good value here at both. To me, it's between Jenkins, Rivers and Connor. I feel LB is deeper this year, so the Saints go with

CB, Mike Jenkins, smelly school down south

15. Houston Texans- I really love what this team is doing. They're close to challenging for a wild card spot. I decide to give them another stud on D, to go with Mario, Okoye and Demeco in that front 7...

LB, Dan Connor, Penn state

16. Denver Broncos- An interesting teamto say the least. I honestly don't know where to go here. I'm going to agree with Scott on this one and give them good value here in

LB, Keith Rivers, USC

17. Detroit Lions- Close this year right? many were excited early on with them. But the D hasnt held up, but neither has the OL. Kitna cant throw to his toys while on his ass now can he? I debated 2 OT's and give them

OT, Sam Baker, USC

18. Washington Redskins- DL is still a need for them in my eyes. A tremendous pass rusher is on the boards, and it makes way to much sense for them to pass on him

DE, Calias Campbell, Miami

19. Tennessee Titans- Damn, I always forget, which WR's do their fans like? Who's that guy they dont like getting in mock drafts? I don't remember, all i take from them is "blah blah, Vince Young is the ****, he's just progressing". Well, we all know WR is a need here, and I'll go with...

WR, Limas Sweed, Texas

20. Buffalo Bills- A very nice and surprising season from this team up north. Well, right now, i feel WR is a need. I'm gonna be honest, I don't know a whole lot about this team. Scott's pick makes sense, but how about a CB? I know Puz plays MLB, but he could move outside, as the thought of Laurinitis popped in my head. The pick though, is a bit of a surprise

CB, Aqib Talib, Kansas

21. Minnesota Vikings- Brohm is pulling a Brady Quinn now and has been taken off camera. That's whatcha get for beating Rutgers you douche bag!! Oh, but the Vikes stick with Jackson, something nowbody thought at the start of the season. Here, they upgrade some weapons for T-Jack and go with

WR, Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma

22. Dallas Cowboys- Julius Jones is most likely out after this year, leaving MB3. But they still need another RB. Who here? I like this kid I'm about to give them, and would hate seeing him twice and possibly 3 times a year

RB, Jonathan Stewart, Oregon

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- wow oh wow oh wow. Now, Cherlius or Otah both make sense here, as Luke Petigout is poo and it'd make this OL crazy good with youth and talent. But, let's spice it up shall we? Garcia is old, Gradkowski is a 6th round pick, Plummer retired, and I think the Simms experiment is just about done. So why the hell not?

QB, Brian Brohm, Loserville

24. San Diego Chargers- This team has weapons and talent everywhere. If they could draft a Head Coach, I'm sure they would. But here, let's give them another 1st rounder WR, who with Davis, would make a scary tandem

WR, Early Doucet, LSU

25. Seattle Seahawks- Wow, that SA cat, runs with no emotion or power realy. They need toughness from that position. A fairly easy pick here for me...

RB, Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois

26. Pittsburgh Steelers- Faneca is angry and wants out. Now, I'm not sure on their secondary, but Reggie Smith deserves a look or 2 here. I'm going with an obvious, and excellent value pick here and a hometown guy

OT, Jeff Otah, Pitt

27. New York Giants- ahh, my team. I feel, besides the incompetance at OC, our O isn't too bad. Steve Smith is an animal. Now on D, we're starting Sam "I'm old and can't jump, run or catch anymore" Madison, and with Ross sore and playing nickel, Kevin" Yea, I'm super fast and athletic, but also a legal midget with Sinorice Moss" Dockery. I have a man crush on a guy, and he didnt go to RU!!!! *GASP*. Smith is a great option here, but i feel Michael Johnson can emerge as our other safety with Gibril, leaving one hole...

CB, Antoine Cason, Arizona

28. Jacksonville Jaguars- Well, I think, they need a WR. OR, perhaps a DE? As perviously stated, I feel going in a different direction now, and give them a good pick here, making their DL studly

DE, Lawrence Jackson, USC

29. Green Bay Packers- I still think they need a RB here, but then I'd get yelled at. I also saw how bad Jarred Bush is. CB it is cheeseheads...

CB, Leodis McKelvin, Troy

30. San Fransisco 49'ers- It's not fair is it? a team blows this year and gets 2nd to last in the 1st round. Pretty bad management of your own team eh? Let's give them a guy who COULD be a playmaker for them, or a big bust really. Boom or bust here? well, he could make big plays for them, and it's him or Bowman...

WR, Mario Manningham, Michigan

31. Dallas Cowboys- Ok, they need a CB, but right now, the best one is Reggie Smith at CB, or maybe safety. We all know how scrutinized Roy Williams is. But he's staying, as is Hamlin. It's either a reach at CB here, or scoop one up later. I go for the later, but if I get bitched at enough, I'll change it, but here's the final pick, with Glenn again and hurt, TO old and dropping alot and Crayton a FA, it's not a bad pick

WR, Adaris Bowman, Oklahoma State

fenikz
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Harvey isn't near worthy of being picked that high, maybe we would take a chance on him in the 2nd but no one even knows if he could play standing up

I would rather have Groves, Cason, Otah, or Jenkins before him

ATLDirtyBirds
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
DMC in the ATL=awesome.

KCJ58
12-17-2007, 05:49 PM
wouldn't waste the #3 pick with a safety, should have taken Jake Long

cordscords
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Personal preference of some corners over McKelvin, but at least we got a corner.

scottyboy
12-17-2007, 06:08 PM
wouldn't waste the #3 pick with a safety, should have taken Jake Long

felt like mixing it up, that's the safe and obvious choice, but no doubt safety is a need for you guys

KCJ58
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
felt like mixing it up, that's the safe and obvious choice, but no doubt safety is a need for you guys

i think our Offensive Line is our top priority then our D-Line then our CB's than Safetys

scottyboy
12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Harvey isn't near worthy of being picked that high, maybe we would take a chance on him in the 2nd but no one even knows if he could play standing up

I would rather have Groves, Cason, Otah, or Jenkins before him

holy ****!! did I put Harvey... brian fart!!! i meant Groves, I'll change that now.

that's pretty bad on my part

fenikz
12-17-2007, 06:29 PM
holy ****!! did I put Harvey... brian fart!!! i meant Groves, I'll change that now.

that's pretty bad on my part

works a lot better than, Groves should be a great player once he is done with all of his foot ****

TACKLE
12-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Not a bad mock. I can't see the Rams passing on Chris Long. I still not sold on Sweed as a first rounder especially at #19. Biggest surprise of the mock is that Dolphins aren't taking Ray Rice 1st overall.

scottyboy
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Not a bad mock. I can't see the Rams passing on Chris Long. I still not sold on Sweed as a first rounder especially at #19. Biggest surprise of the mock is that Dolphins aren't taking Ray Rice 1st overall.

yea, but i wanted to go different i Ray Ray stayed in school. I love him too much

T-RICH49
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
great KC pick

Babylon
12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Kind of like this mock, negatives would be taking Jenkins and phillips that high, taking Sweed and Manningham in round 1 period and lastly i guess under this scenario Lauranaitis stays in school?

CC.SD
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I love Early as a prospect, but I'm not sure Bolts would take another WR in the first round. Chambers and Jackson are pretty entrenched as the starters, Eric Parker will be back next year, they're not gonna give up on Buster Davis quite yet. That's a lot of depth to fight through, and that doesn't even include how many balls get vacuumed up by Gates and LT, in a run first offense.

scottyboy
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I love Early as a prospect, but I'm not sure Bolts would take another WR in the first round. Chambers and Jackson are pretty entrenched as the starters, Eric Parker will be back next year, they're not gonna give up on Buster Davis quite yet. That's a lot of depth to fight through, and that doesn't even include how many balls get vacuumed up by Gates and LT, in a run first offense.

damn, forgot about Chambers and Parker. yea, the pick doesnt make much sense.

and babylon, yea, i decided to let Laurinitis stay in school

Babylon
12-17-2007, 08:40 PM
damn, forgot about Chambers and Parker. yea, the pick doesnt make much sense.

and babylon, yea, i decided to let Laurinitis stay in school

Ohio State thanks you.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
14. New Orleans Saints- They need CB and LB. Luckily for them, there's some pretty good value here at both. To me, it's between Jenkins, Rivers and Connor. I feel LB is deeper this year, so the Saints go with

CB, Mike Jenkins, smelly school down south

Just for this I'm now referring to Rutgers as Trashbin State University.

Also I'd rather have Brennan than Brohm.

scottyboy
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Just for this I'm now referring to Rutgers as Trashbin State University.

Also I'd rather have Brennan than Brohm.

lol fine

and at QB, i thought it'd be good value but we both hate loserville, so understandable

Yung Flippa
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Soild Ravens picks

Bills2083
12-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I like Talib, but we need a WR more.

I want Malcolm Kelly there.

etk
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
so I'm a bit bored, and decided to give it another try. I'll be using SCOTT'S order, so no complaining about the pick. Other than that rip away, but remember, reasoning shows knowledge, and KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
RUTGERS RULES

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- wow oh wow oh wow. Now, Cherlius or Otah both make sense here, as Luke Petigout is poo and it'd make this OL crazy good with youth and talent. But, let's spice it up shall we? Garcia is old, Gradkowski is a 6th round pick, Plummer retired, and I think the Simms experiment is just about done. So why the hell not?

QB, Brian Brohm, Loserville

Why the hell not? You forgot one name...Luke McCown, the future of the Bucs at QB. We don't need first round picks to run our WCO, we need guys with experience in the system. I'd rather not wait around for Brohm when we have McCown, a QB more than capable of running our offense successfully.

Chucky
12-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Why the hell not? You forgot one name...Luke McCown, the future of the Bucs at QB. We don't need first round picks to run our WCO, we need guys with experience in the system. I'd rather not wait around for Brohm when we have McCown, a QB more than capable of running our offense successfully.

Dont Worry Scotty I like the Brohm pick, I dont think McCown is the future for the bucs at this point

BaLLiN
12-17-2007, 09:45 PM
love your giants explaination and pick, good job scottyboy

etk
12-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Dont Worry Scotty I like the Brohm pick, I dont think McCown is the future for the bucs at this point

Good for you. You obviously haven't read my recommended material.

Chucky
12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Good for you. You obviously haven't read my recommended material.

I realize what you are saying, but at this point Brohm is the best value, and has the potential to be a top 5 QB on our team. Its not like not draft a QB early is set in stone.

etk
12-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I realize what you are saying, but at this point Brohm is the best value, and has the potential to be a top 5 QB on our team. Its not like not draft a QB early is set in stone.

Okay, I see what you're saying. My point is that we will never have a top 5 QB on our team because of our system. We don't ask for impressive stat production from our QBs, all we want is for them to throw accurate short passes, take care of the football, and make the occasional deep throw or key scramble. Manning or Brady wouldn't be "Manning or Brady" in our offense, and even if Brohm developed into one of the most talented QBs in the league it would mostly go to waste.

Vikes99ej
12-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Good Vikings pick. Would rather have Jackson, but he's gone.

Caddy
12-18-2007, 02:50 AM
Decent Buc pick. I wouldn't be too disappointed if Brohm was the pick as to a certain extent it makes sense.

bolts2388
12-18-2007, 08:20 AM

also forgot about Legedu Naanee who can turn out to be a Anquan Boldin type wide receiver.