PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Otah

KCStud
12-18-2007, 02:19 AM
This guy is a monster. He's 6'7" and 340 lbs the last time I looked. Does anybody think this guy could be the 2nd OT taken? Seems like his frame and size could elevate him, but I think he could have a problem with quick pass rushers (Dwight Freeney, Elvis Dumerville, Shaun Phillips).

What's your guys take on him? Can he play LT and can he be a good one?

fenikz
12-18-2007, 03:53 AM
He definitely could imo, if a team that needs o-line help has a good O-line coach who thinks he can mold this mammoth into an all pro there is a chance he goes top 15, someone like the Texans, Cardinals, or Redskins

Iamcanadian
12-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Otah has only played football since his senior year in high school. He is extremely raw but has the measurables of a Pace or Ogden. He will be a 1st rounder and probably go top 15. There is no telling how high a ceiling this guy has but it will take him awhile to reach it.

BeerBaron
12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
i pray the bears pick this guy up in round 1. hed be a perfect fit to finally replace fred miller at RT and be groomed to take over at LT in a few years.

they say the bears need a qb, ha! no quarterback can look good without an oline in front of him...

Mr. Stiller
12-19-2007, 05:46 PM
This guy is a monster. He's 6'7" and 340 lbs the last time I looked. Does anybody think this guy could be the 2nd OT taken? Seems like his frame and size could elevate him, but I think he could have a problem with quick pass rushers (Dwight Freeney, Elvis Dumerville, Shaun Phillips).

What's your guys take on him? Can he play LT and can he be a good one?

His play against George Selvie.. Though not lockdown, but impressive. And Jamaal Westerman.. Made me believe with some actual good coaching (Pitts coaching sucks), but actual good NFL OL Coaching, his technique refined. I think he has top 3 OT potential.

KaneMarko
12-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I think in the right system, with the right o-line coach, Otah can be an effective NFL LT. He’s built a lot like Flozell “The Hotel” Adams. I really like Otah and was very impressed with his performances this year, but I’m still having a hard time seeing him go in the top 15 picks. I really want to see him in the Senior Bowl and see how he does in pre-draft workouts before I personally elevate him to top 15 status.. Right now I see him going in the mid 20s or so.