PDA

View Full Version : Biggest problem with passing game on Sunday?

DeathbyStat
12-18-2007, 06:23 AM
What was was the biggest reason for the passing game not getting off the ground?

I think its a combination of all of these things. Plus I really don't think Ben should have played especially with short rest before thursdays game.

Mr. Stiller
12-18-2007, 10:30 AM
A combination of things.

This weather did not play strong to our offensive line.. Power, and footing are what was needed, we got Footing.. but Jax=power.. Unfortunately I'd have to say the most consisten OL we had the last month has been Simmons..

After that:

1) We stopped using Parker, which was working and working well.
2) Our Receivers DROPPED the balls. Ben was hitting WR's open and in the #'s. I don't think having 2-3 errant passes a game is necessarily bad, but considering the # of passes the WR's dropped it certainly sticks it out more. Hines dropped 3-4 Passes, Holmes 2, Heath 1. You can't have 7 dropped passes by otherwise "Reliable" Pass catchers and expect to have a good day.

DeathbyStat
12-18-2007, 11:57 AM
A combination of things.

This weather did not play strong to our offensive line.. Power, and footing are what was needed, we got Footing.. but Jax=power.. Unfortunately I'd have to say the most consisten OL we had the last month has been Simmons..

After that:

1) We stopped using Parker, which was working and working well.
2) Our Receivers DROPPED the balls. Ben was hitting WR's open and in the #'s. I don't think having 2-3 errant passes a game is necessarily bad, but considering the # of passes the WR's dropped it certainly sticks it out more. Hines dropped 3-4 Passes, Holmes 2, Heath 1. You can't have 7 dropped passes by otherwise "Reliable" Pass catchers and expect to have a good day.

I hear you man. Why in the hell did we stop running/

mikehop05
12-18-2007, 01:16 PM

because arians should be a jv football coach not a pro coordinator

Smooth Criminal
12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Ward had one of the worst drops I have seen in a long time toward the end of the 1st half. And he got up smiling and laughing. That kills me.

mikehop05
12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Ward had one of the worst drops I have seen in a long time toward the end of the 1st half. And he got up smiling and laughing. That kills me.

yeah, i think he was the only one who found it funny

Mr. Stiller
12-19-2007, 03:00 AM

I think it was because we couldn't get a consistent establishment.. If we ran on 1 and 2.. we'd drop a pass on 3.

If we pass and miss on 1, we'd run on 2 and drop a pass on 3.

Arians is like a Broken record.. he only has about 4 different setups..

Run Run Pass.

Pass run Pass.

Pass Run Run

Run Run Run

There's almost no creativity in it.

But at the same time.. 2 things I took from that game.

You can never count us out.. we have the talent to score 17+ points in less than 3 minutes.

When we're on we're unstoppable. We need to get things together and get on a hot streak.