PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Smith Returning

RyanLeaf#1
12-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Kevin Smith will return for his senior season. Thats one. I also think that Felix Jones will also return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3160016

12-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Good for him but its gonna be difficult to top everything he did this season. No doubt hes one of the top senior RBs next year.

bearsfan_51
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Hmm.....must not have gotten good returns on his draft status. Still a bit puzzling though, I can't see him having a better season than this.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Pretty much the only reason he'd come back is to break the all-time record.

RyanLeaf#1
12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Pretty much the only reason he'd come back is to break the all-time record.

That and now that his name is out there he will have a way better chance at the Heisman.

jbeans187
12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Hmm.....must not have gotten good returns on his draft status. Still a bit puzzling though, I can't see him having a better season than this.

My thoughts exactly, i hope he can take another pounding without getting hurt.

BufFan71
12-20-2007, 04:42 PM
at least when i go to the UCF games next year there will be some type of offense
if he left they would have nothing

Tampa 2 4 life
12-25-2007, 08:40 PM
at least when i go to the UCF games next year there will be some type of offense
if he left they would have nothing

Kyle Israel!

BufFan71
12-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Kyle Isreal is a senior

LonghornsLegend
12-26-2007, 12:32 PM
He sure is going to have alot of carries for a rb by the time he gets in the draft, I guess that doesnt matter too much right off the bat, but he has a good chance of improving from 2nd rd rb to top half of the 1st next year, and he should start off as a Heisman favorite

SuperKevin
12-26-2007, 12:36 PM
He probably realized he needs another year to showcase that he is more of a complete RB. Right now there are serious questions about his blocking ability. Plus it wouldn't hurt him to work on his speed a bit

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Yes, now DG can spread the word and make people go to UCF games in silent bob costumes.

Billingsley26
12-27-2007, 12:33 AM
In a way its good but also bad.

Good because he is obviously overshadowed by guys like DMAC and would probably not be as high as he would like or should be.
Bad because, he goes through another year of being the target of their offense. He will be pounding the rock sooooo many times a game, you hope it doesnt run him out (see Cadilaac WIlliams).

All in all, its his motive to win the Heisman and up hisd raft stock, which he would do by going back, Good luck to him.

RyanLeaf#1
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Well he changed his mind. He is going pro.

Billingsley26
01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Well he changed his mind. He is going pro.

I think that is the best move for him. I would hate to see him burn out next year, and lose his draft position.

SuperKevin
01-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I think that is the best move for him. I would hate to see him burn out next year, and lose his draft position.

I still think he's a 2nd rounder this year though at the best. I can see Darren Mcfadden, Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, and Jamaal Charles all going ahead of him. i think he should have gone back to school and he and Steve Slaton could battle it out for top senior honors

DaBears0530
01-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Hes going pro... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3184342

Billingsley26
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
I still think he's a 2nd rounder this year though at the best. I can see Darren Mcfadden, Rashard Mendenhall, Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, and Jamaal Charles all going ahead of him. i think he should have gone back to school and he and Steve Slaton could battle it out for top senior honors

He may be able to sneak into the first round depending on how his combine numbers are. I would definately take DMAC, Rashard, Stewart over him, and most likely Jones and Charles over him as well, but stranger things have happened. 2nd round isnt all that bad. Like I said, he carried a load and half over his colleg career, and another year like this year could almost wear his whole body down.

I would much rather see him in the 2nd round this year, than a later round next year. It would be very tough for him to repeat what he did this year.

01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
The guy had 450 carries this past season which cant be overlooked. I still like the decision because there is no incentive in him coming back as it is highly unlikely he would be able to break the record this time around.

SuperKevin
01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
He may be able to sneak into the first round depending on how his combine numbers are. I would definately take DMAC, Rashard, Stewart over him, and most likely Jones and Charles over him as well, but stranger things have happened. 2nd round isnt all that bad. Like I said, he carried a load and half over his colleg career, and another year like this year could almost wear his whole body down.

I would much rather see him in the 2nd round this year, than a later round next year. It would be very tough for him to repeat what he did this year.

He'd be a lock for at least 2nd round next year barring injury. he could drop 1500 yards in production and still be picked near the 1st round next year with all the juniors that came out this year. Next year it would have been down to him and Steve Slaton for top senior honors

Billingsley26
01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
He'd be a lock for at least 2nd round next year barring injury. he could drop 1500 yards in production and still be picked near the 1st round next year with all the juniors that came out this year. Next year it would have been down to him and Steve Slaton for top senior honors

Yeah, I see your point. I think your right, but I am looking at more of a health veiwpoint. I dont think he should endure such a beating again. Carrying the ball 450 times again. If he gets drafted in the 2nd round this year, he wont be brought in to carry the load, and he could heal himself somewhat, and would probably amount no more than 75-100 carries as a pro in his rookie year.

badgerbacker
01-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I love that when I was looking at the main forum page "Kevin Smith Returning" and "Kevin Smith Declaring" were both visible as the threads that were last posted in, in their respective categories.