PDA

View Full Version : Not a single player in the NFC South went to the Pro Bowl

d34ng3l021
12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
This is ridiculous. No Colston. No Ruud. No Boley.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
No DeAngelo....

Watchman
12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
The only Buc I could really argue for is Stovall as the STer.

Brooks or Boley over Briggs would make sense, but I can't really argue with Briggs.

I don't think Ruud has the name recognition yet.

Biggest snubs were Fred Taylor and Mario Williams.

I don't really think Marion Barber is a Pro Bowler, but whatever. I could argue that Graham has been equal to or better than Barber this year. But, Portis is probably more deserving than both of them.

Turtlepower
12-18-2007, 04:51 PM
DeAngelo Hall is the biggest snub for your divison. I think he has played on par with or better than the top corners in the league, but just because he doesn't play for a good team he is overlooked.

etk
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm shocked and disgusted that Stovall didn't make it as a STer. He's the most dominant gunner I've ever seen...every game he makes 2 huge plays on punt coverage.

d34ng3l021
12-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I have got to stop caring so much about the Pro Bowl. I expected Hall not to get in because his stats arent as amazing, and everyone just remembers the drive against the Panthers where he got alot of penalties. I just want Boley to get the recognition he deserves.

etk
12-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't care about the Pro Bowl, but Stovall was a no brainer. Possibly the biggest snub in the history of the Pro Bowl.

Beans
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
It's time to stop letting the fans vote.

Caddy
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
It's time to stop letting the fans vote.

That is the whole point of the Pro-Bowl; to give the fans what they want. From a statistical/performance point of view you might not agree, but the people are getting what they want.

If you want a serious selection just wait till the AP list is produced.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't care about the Pro Bowl, but Stovall was a no brainer. Possibly the biggest snub in the history of the Pro Bowl.

Lmao. Made me smirk.

Average OT LB

the biggest snub in the history of the probowl was ladainian tomlinson in 2003

Geo
No DeAngelo....
Justice for him stealing a spot he didn't deserve last year, one could say.

etk
12-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Lmao. Made me smirk.

You might find it funny because he's a STer, but I'm serious. Maurice, in combination with Bidwell's booming punts, is very valuable.

KCJ58
12-18-2007, 05:21 PM
i thought every tram has to be represented

Geo
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
That's MLB.

Watchman
12-18-2007, 06:28 PM
You might find it funny because he's a STer, but I'm serious. Maurice, in combination with Bidwell's booming punts, is very valuable.

Stovall has been money on kick/punt coverage this year. I really expected him to get the nod.

scar988
12-18-2007, 06:53 PM

lol... oh. I thought you were saying him at WR. lol at ST maybe.

etk
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Stovall has been money on kick/punt coverage this year. I really expected him to get the nod.

About 1-2 times a game he makes a huge play on a punt where I'm just like "wow, did he just do that?" Then he goes and does it again. The Stovall/Clayton twin towers return unit was pretty crappy though. So glad we switched to Spurlock :D

Primetime21
12-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Justice for him stealing a spot he didn't deserve last year, one could say.

Yea good point. Last year he basically got in because he mad a couple of exiting players and was one of the most well known young players. This year he stepped up a lot more especially since he was playing more man. Got robbed since the only thing the average fan knows about Atlanta is that it is hot and Mike Vick played there.

Flyboy
12-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Not one player. At all. Still makes me scratch my head. Alllrighty then. Maybe this will just fuel our team/players for the last two games? *shrugs*

Geo
12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Marques Colston, snubbed two years in a row imo. Disappointing.

Chucky
12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Ronde Barber also got snubbed. He deserved it. He always comes with Huge plays for the bucs, when they need it. and really sets the tone for the 3rd ranked defence(along with a few others

Flyboy
12-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Marques Colston, snubbed two years in a row imo. Disappointing.

Thanks for reminding me. Douche. :(

Draft King
12-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Ronde Barber also got snubbed. He deserved it. He always comes with Huge plays for the bucs, when they need it. and really sets the tone for the 3rd ranked defence(along with a few others

I'm sorry, but if Ronde Barber was snubbed, then DeAngelo Hall got beat the **** up and completely robbed. Ronde had an average year for his standards, DeAngelo had a great one.

Flyboy
12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry, but if Ronde Barber was snubbed, then DeAngelo Hall got beat the **** up and completely robbed. Ronde had an average year for his standards, DeAngelo had a great one.

Hall was robbed. Mike McKenzie was robbed. Ronde Barber... not so much.

Geo
12-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for reminding me. Douche. :(
I voted for him both years ...

Flyboy
12-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I voted for him both years ...

We're friends again. :)

Chucky
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Not to be homer, but how has Mike Mckenzie had better year than Ronde

NYGibril28
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm shocked and disgusted that Stovall didn't make it as a STer. He's the most dominant gunner I've ever seen...every game he makes 2 huge plays on punt coverage.

You haven't seen David Tyree. :D

He leads the world in downing a ball inside the five before it goes into the endzone...

etk
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Not to be homer, but how has Mike Mckenzie had better year than Ronde

Because he's a man corner, and they always get more love in discussions. I think a great player is a great player, no matter the system. Ronde has mastered the Tampa 2 so it's irrelevant whether or not he can cover #1 WRs one-on-one.

etk
12-18-2007, 10:03 PM
You haven't seen David Tyree. :D

He leads the world in downing a ball inside the five before it goes into the endzone...

I don't know if this is a joke or not (I assume it is), but anyone can down a ball inside the 5. Stovall makes high-impact tackles for negative yards, and just beasts the return team in general. He's so lanky and fast that he just throws himself at people, as does Clayton.

NYGibril28
12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Sort of a joke. Just trying to give my man Tyree some love. I don't know how many times you've seen the Giants this year, but Tyree and Feagles are a deadly combo. Feagles consistently gets the ball inside the 10, and Tyree makes it stay there. Tyree isn't as big of a factor tackling though, althought still good in that regard.

Ward
12-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Piss off, Dat Nguyen never made it so I don't care what any of you think.

etk
12-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Sort of a joke. Just trying to give my man Tyree some love. I don't know how many times you've seen the Giants this year, but Tyree and Feagles are a deadly combo. Feagles consistently gets the ball inside the 10, and Tyree makes it stay there. Tyree isn't as big of a factor tackling though, althought still good in that regard.

Bidwell doesn't like to risk it going into the endzone, so we usually just punt it up high at about the 10 for an easy catch. Players like Tyree are valuable, as he was my favorite gunner until Stovall this year, but not as impressive as a physical player like Maurice.

Chucky
12-18-2007, 11:00 PM
This hasnt been mentioned, but Jermaine Phillips has had a better year than Darren Sharper and definatly deserved to make it

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Here's one nobody's mentioned: Drew Brees has only been sacked an NFC-low 12 times, despite leading the NFL in pass attempts with about 40 per game. That's 1 sack about every 46 times he's dropped back to pass. Somebody from that Saints O-Line should be in the Pro Bowl; IMO Evans and Brown got snubbed.

Dome Patrol
12-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Here's one nobody's mentioned: Drew Brees has only been sacked an NFC-low 12 times, despite leading the NFL in pass attempts with about 40 per game. That's 1 sack about every 46 times he's dropped back to pass. Somebody from that Saints O-Line should be in the Pro Bowl; IMO Evans and Brown got snubbed.

agreed completely. Jahri has been awesome this year. I think Brown had a better year last year but I think his knee had something to do with that.

As far as Colston.. yeah.. he got ripped as well. And as someone stated above.. Mike McKenzie deserves some acknowledgment. To date this year.. he has only given up one TD. I think the reputation the rest of our secondary earned this season (MM did well) made many people overlook McKenzie and his effort on the field. In all.. The NFC South should have had AT LEAST 1 to make the pro bowl.. even if as reserves.. Guys perhaps like Galloway, Hall,and Boley come to mind.

d34ng3l021
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Wow damn. No NFC South in the alternates either.

I wonder how Hall does against Fitzgerald. He seems to have alot of intrinsic motivation (at least, thats what people think) and now that the Pro Bowl rosters are out, I wonder how hard he will try.

Caddy
12-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Joey Galloway deserves a Pro-Bowl.

Flyboy
12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Wow damn. No NFC South in the alternates either.

That's not true.

d34ng3l021
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
That's not true.

Who are the NFC South alts?

Flyboy
12-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Who are the NFC South alts?

Don't know about the entire NFC South, but Saint-wise:

In regards to the Pro Bowl, the following players were named alternates: Drew Brees (http://neworleanssaints.com/Team/Roster/People/Drew%20Brees.aspx) is an alternate at quarterback, Mike McKenzie (http://neworleanssaints.com/Team/Roster/People/Mike%20McKenzie.aspx) is an alternate at cornerback, Mike Karney (http://neworleanssaints.com/Team/Roster/People/Mike%20Karney.aspx) is an alternate at fullback and Will Smith (http://neworleanssaints.com/Team/Roster/People/Will%20Smith.aspx) is an alternate at defensive end.

Dome Patrol
12-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Don't know about the entire NFC South, but Saint-wise:

Well.. I guess thats some kind of recognition.. but still..

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-20-2007, 10:43 AM
agreed completely. Jahri has been awesome this year. I think Brown had a better year last year but I think his knee had something to do with that.

As far as Colston.. yeah.. he got ripped as well. And as someone stated above.. Mike McKenzie deserves some acknowledgment. To date this year.. he has only given up one TD. I think the reputation the rest of our secondary earned this season (MM did well) made many people overlook McKenzie and his effort on the field. In all.. The NFC South should have had AT LEAST 1 to make the pro bowl.. even if as reserves.. Guys perhaps like Galloway, Hall,and Boley come to mind.

Colston got jipped, but I know he's going to make a few Pro Bowls over the course of the long career he has ahead of him. McKenzie I feel bad for because he doesn't have many chances left, it's kind of a Fred Taylor situation. He was severely underrated his entire time in Green Bay, and although he was less than stellar his first couple of years here, he's playing as well as any corner in the NFC this season. His 17 PD's and 2 int for TD's tie him for first in the conference with Rod Hood (who also got jipped). You absolutely can't argue Trufant, but I think any of McKenzie, Hood, Woodson, and Hall should have made it over Newman and Harris.

Flyboy
12-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Colston got jipped, but I know he's going to make a few Pro Bowls over the course of the long career he has ahead of him. McKenzie I feel bad for because he doesn't have many chances left, it's kind of a Fred Taylor situation. He was severely underrated his entire time in Green Bay, and although he was less than stellar his first couple of years here, he's playing as well as any corner in the NFC this season. His 17 PD's and 2 int for TD's tie him for first in the conference with Rod Hood (who also got jipped). You absolutely can't argue Trufant, but I think any of McKenzie, Hood, Woodson, and Hall should have made it over Newman and Harris.

Agreed. Not to mention that Newman missed the beginning of the season.

falconsrule
12-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Well we all know about the Cowboys bangwangon jumpers....For them to have 11 and the NFC South didnt have any is insane I would say half of the people there roster dont deserve to go.

joercky
12-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Boley got robbed:(.

jdb1972
12-29-2007, 11:17 AM
From the Panthers, Jordan Gross was robbed. He's given up one sack all season despite having a turnstile to the left of him. Unfortunately, though, the Pro Bowl voting doesn't differentiate between LTs and RTs, meaning no RT is likely to make it as a starter or backup, ever.

Beason also deserved a spot as an alternate. Probably Jenkins somewhere in there as well in the far-down alternates.

The two aside from Gross who made it as alternates (Wahle and Kasay)... not so much. Wahle has had his worst season as a pro; Kasay's been solid but unspectacular and had more misses than usual.

TimD
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I can't believe the Bucs had the 3rd ranked D and not one player? I mean Ruud should definitely be there

mqtirishfan
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I can't believe the Bucs had the 3rd ranked D and not one player? I mean Ruud should definitely be there

Over who, exactly?

Caddy
01-03-2008, 03:01 AM
Uh Lofa Tatupu?.

mqtirishfan
01-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Lofa- 109 total tackles, 1 sack, 4 INTs
Ruud- 114 total tackles, 0 sacks, 2 INTs

What a horrible snub....

Caddy
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
All you asked was who he could be included in the pro-bowl over and I simply told you one of 2 possible answers.

And since when was the pro-bowl about statistics anyway?

mqtirishfan
01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
All you asked was who he could be included in the pro-bowl over and I simply told you one of 2 possible answers.

And since when was the pro-bowl about statistics anyway?

It's between that and reputation, and Lofa is more widely respected. I'm just saying that Ruud doesn't deserve to be there.

Caddy
01-03-2008, 08:54 PM
It's between that and reputation, and Lofa is more widely respected. I'm just saying that Ruud doesn't deserve to be there.

No. Lofa is more popular. It is that simple.

mqtirishfan
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
No. Lofa is more popular. It is that simple.

And had a better season. I don't see a problem.

GB12
01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I agree that Lofa is a horrible selection but Nick Barnett, EJ Henderson, London Fletcher, and maybe Urlacher should have gone before both Tatupu and Ruud. I'd put those 4 ahead of Willis too.

Caddy
01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
And had a better season. I don't see a problem.

If Ruud had been included over Tatupu I don't see how that would have been a huge problem either. They both had very similar seasons with the only major difference being INT's which isn't a huge indicator of success at MLB anyway.

The point is any of Tatupu, Willis, Henderson, Barnett, Urlacher, Beason and Ruud could have been selected. All had relatively similar statistics and all played well enough to play in the Pro-Bowl.

mqtirishfan
01-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Which has nothing to do with the point that someone said Ruud definitely should have been there.

etk
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Ruud didn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl over any of those guys. He's had some nice FFs but other than that he's just a Tampa 2 MLB that racks up the tackles like he's supposed to. Solid but unspectacular. It took me a while to realize this because Quarles was so bad, but our MLBs are actually supposed to hog the stat sheet.

Caddy
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Which has nothing to do with the point that someone said Ruud definitely should have been there.

And that is why we have the Pro-Bowl. So individuals can vote for who they think deserves to go to the Pro-Bowl.

BlindSite
01-22-2008, 03:24 AM
Ok seriously Jordan Gross 3 Sacks all year protecting a rookie, David Carr and Testaverde

Jon Beason as an alternate at least c'mon.