PDA

View Full Version : NYGibril28's THREE-ROUNDER

NYGibril28
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
UNDERCLASSMEN
RBs James Davis, Arian Foster, Darren McFadden, Steve Slaton, Jonathan Stewart
WRs James Hardy, Darrius Heyward-Bey, DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly, Brian Robiskie, Mario Urrutia
TEs Martellus Bennett, Cornelius Ingram
OTs Ryan Clady, Phil Loadholt
Gs Duke Robinson
DEs Calais Campbell, Vernon Gholston, Derrick Harvey
LBs Marcus Freeman, Geno Hayes, Erin Henderson, James Laurinaitis, Jerod Mayo
CBs Malcolm Jenkins, Justin King, Reggie Smith, Aqib Talib
Ss Kenny Phillips

ROUND 1

1. Miami Dolphins

So the Dolphins finally got a win. Now, they have to decide what to do with the number one overall pick. I think ideally, the Dolphins would like to trade down, but at this juncture in the season, Im not sure who would trade up to this spot. That being said, the best player in this draft is Darren McFadden. Glenn Dorsey may be a better help to the defense, but schematically, he just doesnt fit well. The Dolphins should take McFadden, and shop around Ronnie Brown. Seeing the impact Adrian Peterson has made this year for Minnesota, makes me think the Dolphins are going to find it very difficult to pass on McFadden.

Selection: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas Razorbacks (Jr.)

2. St. Louis Rams

The Rams have a few options here. They were hit hard by injuries this year, but I think no injury was bigger than the one to Orlando Pace. Alex Barron is not the LT of the future, and while Jake Long has some doubters of his ability to play LT in the NFL, Im not one of them. Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey are options here but they cant afford to not have a LT if Pace retires or gets hurt again.

Selection: Jake Long, OT, Michigan Wolverines

3. New York Jets

This is starting to become the A.J. Hawk pick of a couple years ago. Meaning that its almost a sure thing who this pick is going to be. Chris Long is the ideal 3-4 DE, and for a team that lacks that type of presence, hes a Jets fans dream pick. Couple that with an amazing work ethic, Long has a lot to love.

Selection: Chris Long, DE, Virginia Cavaliers

4. Atlanta Falcons

This is where I really had to start thinking. There are 5 QBs who I consider 1st or 2nd round picks. Matt Ryan, Andre Woodson, Brian Brohm, Erik Ainge and Colt Brennan, with Joe Flacco on the outside looking in. With that logic, I think the Falcons can afford to pass on a QB here, as there will be some one worth taking in the early part of Round 2, or late Round 1 if they want to trade up. So, I look to the defense, where Glenn Dorsey would just be beastly next to Rod Coleman. Add that with Jamaal Anderson and John Abraham, this has the makings to be one scary front four.

Selection: Glenn Dorsey, DT, Louisiana State Tigers

5. New England Patriots (from SF)

San Franciscos win over Cincinnati probably ended any chance of the Patriots getting Darren McFadden. While the Patriots may not have taken him at #2, it sure would be a scary thought. Meanhwile, now they are at 5, and its certainly justifiable to talk CB here. Malcolm Jenkins is a great prospect at CB. He and Asante Samuel would form a lethal combo if the Pats are able to retain Samuel this offseason.

Selection: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State Buckeyes (Jr.)

6. Baltimore Ravens

Kyle Boller is not the starter of the future. While Troy Smith certainly has a nice following, hes not going to be either. With Malcolm Jenkins off the board, the Ravens dont really have any options other than QB here. Matt Ryan has the best intangibles of all the Quarterbacks, and he certainly has the arm.

Selection: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College Eagles

7. Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs havent had a good year. They have a good defense, but there offense has held them back. For that to be improved, they need to improve their offensive line. Ryan Clady has DBrickashaw Ferguson type ability and he could really make an impact early on for the Chiefs.

Selection: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State Broncos (Jr.)

8. Oakland Raiders

Dont look now, but the Raiders are an improving team. A couple pieces on both sides of the ball and they are a legitimate contender. Sedrick Ellis would be a great addition to this defense, and hes almost as good of a prospect as Glenn Dorsey.

Selection: Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern California Trojans

9. Cincinnati Bengals

Who dey? THEY are at the bottom of the league. They need help defensively, and Kenny Phillips could make the biggest impact. Hes an Ed Reed type playmaker, and he would be a tremendous upgrade over Dexter Jackson.

Selection: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami Hurricanes (Jr.)

10. Chicago Bears

Just when Rex Grossman was starting to make strides as a QB, he suffers a knee injury. They need to bring in another QB this offseason, and with the premier O-Line talent off the board, they have their choice of Brian Brohm or Andre Woodson. Brohm is more NFL ready, and thats what the Bears need.

Selection: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville Cardinals

11. Arizona Cardinals

The offense is a couple more pieces away on the offensive line, but the defense still needs some work. The hiring of Ken Whisenhunt made the move to the 3-4 defense a possibility, and as of right now, they dont have enough personnel to do that. Vernon Gholston is a great fit for that defense, and hes available here.

Selection: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State Buckeyes (Jr.)

12. Denver Broncos

The Broncos have some needs on the defensive side of the ball, and offensive line. With the system in Denver, OT isnt a need in Round 1, as you can find ZBS players anywhere. James Laurinaitis is available here, and he would enable D.J. Williams to move back to the outside.

Selection: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State Buckeyes (Jr.)

13. Carolina Panthers

With the depth at QB in the early rounds, the Panthers too can afford to look elsewhere with this pick. Travelle Wharton and Jordan Gross are both free agents this year, and I would bet that theyll lose at least one of them. Jeff Otah is a player Ive been hearing a lot about later, and hes impressed me in the games Ive seen him, albeit only a couple, but he seems to be rising up draft boards.

Selection: Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh Panthers

14. Detroit Lions

Otah going one pick ahead of them makes this pick a bit more difficult. You can find Cover 2 CBs anywhere, so I dont see CB here. DE is an option, and so is Phil Loadholt. Calais Campbell is still available, and I think he provides better value, but Loadholt fills a bigger need.

Selection: Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma Sooners (Jr.)

15. Philadelphia Eagles

Yes, the Eagles have a need at WR. How often have we said that, and how often have they passed on one in the WR. As long as Andy Reid is in town, I dont see them ever taking a 1st round WR. They have bigger needs in the secondary. Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown are solid starters, but the both have a bit of an injury concern and there isnt a whole lot of depth behind them. Enter Antoine Cason. Cason has the best ball skills of anyone in this draft, and the only thing that could hurt him is his timed speed. If he runs a 4.5 or less, I think youll see him shoot up draft boards. Cason has the potential to play FS as well, and he could even be an eventual replacement for Brian Dawkins.

Selection: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona Wildcats

16. New Orleans Saints

The Saints need a LB and they have a few options here. One player I really like is Erin Henderson. Hes got great size, and athleticism. If he declares, he should be a first round pick.

Selection: Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland Terrapins (Jr.)

17. Buffalo Bills

DeSean Jackson or Malcolm Kelly, its their choice. Jackson's game is too similar to Lee Evans for them to take him, so they have to look at Kelly here. Kelly can beat you deep, and over the middle. Hes much more of a complete receiver than Jackson.

Selection: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma Sooners (Jr.)

18. Houston Texans

Ahman Green and Ron Dayne are the two best Running Backs. Jonathan Stewart can change that. Stewart is also a good runner for the ZBS, as hes got good vision, size, and speed.

Selection: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon Ducks (Jr.)

19. Washington Redskins

They need a dominating presence on their defensive line. Calais Campbell has that type of potential and for them to get him here at 19 is a steal.

Selection: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami Hurricanes (Jr.)

20. Tennessee Titans

Its no secret that the Titans need weapons on offense, despite the recent emergence of Justin Gage. There are a couple Tight Ends here that they could look at, but DeSean Jackson is just too intriguing of a player for them to pass up on.

Selection: DeSean Jackson, WR, California Bears (Jr.)

21. Minnesota Vikings

With the improved play of Tavaris Jackson, and the team winning, I think theyll be passing on a 1st round QB this year. Now, there options include a Safety, and OT.
Reggie Smith has the ability to play both CB and S, and that versatility makes him an attractive option over Sam Baker or Chris Williams.

Selection: Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma Sooners (Jr.)

22. Seattle Seahawks

The Seahawks really dont have many glaring needs. Andre Woodson could even be an option, with Hasselbeck not exactly a young guy. However, with the best TE on the board in Martellus Bennett, I find it hard for them to pass on him.

Selection: Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M Aggies (Jr.)

23. Dallas Cowboys (from CLE)

Terrence Newman and Anthony Henry are solid starters, no one will argue that, but they dont have much for depth, so if either were to be injured again like they were earlier in the year they could be a in some trouble again.

Selection: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida Bulls

24. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers have some holes on the offensive line potentially, but they also could use some help in the receiving game. That being said, the need for a lineman far outweighs the need for a WR, and Duke Robinson would fit well here.

Selection: Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma Sooners (Jr.)

25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

While the Bucs could use some help at other areas, they could also use a future QB. Andre Woodson is available here, and its a pretty intriguing option, considering the depth at WR in the early part of this draft. He could learn behind Jeff Garcia, and be the eventual starter.

Selection: Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky Wildcats

26. New York Giants

Well as a Giants fan, I hate to see the Cornerbacks I consider 1st rounders off the board (Ma. Jenkins, Cason, Smith, Mi. Jenkins) I also am not a fan of taking a LB in Round 1 because of the depth in this draft. So, Im going to take a shot here and go with a pick thats a little different, and see what my fellow Giants fans think.

Selection: James Hardy, WR, Indiana Hoosiers (Jr.)

27. San Diego Chargers

Well the Chargers could use some help on the offensive line, and with Sam Baker and Chris Williams on the board, they have their pick of the two.

Selection: Sam Baker, OT, Southern California Trojans

28. Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jaguars could use some help at the end position, so why not bring in another Florida boy in Derrick Harvey. Would add the final piece to a very good front four.

Selection: Derrick Harvey, Florida Gators (Jr.)

29. Green Bay Packers

Like the Giants, I dont like an CB here in Round 1, except for maybe Aqib Talib. That being said, the Packers dont have that many other needs, and it wouldnt be so bad to take Talib here, as a lot of people like him as a 1st rounder, Im just not one of them.

Selection: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas Jayhawks (Jr.)

30. San Francisco 49ers (from IND)

The 49ers need weapons for Alex Smith if hes ever going to improve, but they also need a defense. Dre Moore is a perfect fit for the 49ers 3-4 defense, and they have another pick shortly they can use to address the offense.

Selection: Dre Moore, DT, Maryland Terrapins

31. Dallas Cowboys

I never know what to give Dallas. I do all this research, and no matter what I feel comfortable with, their fans dont usually like it. Mike Jenkins was a great pick at 23, Im sure of that, but here, they have a lot of options.

Selection: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt Commadores

32. New England Patriots - Forfeited by penalty of the NFL

ROUND 2

33. Miami Dolphins Quentin Groves, LB, Auburn Tigers

34. New York Jets Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College Eagles

35. Atlanta Falcons Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii Rainbows

36. St. Louis Rams Keith Rivers, LB, Southern California
Trojans

37. Baltimore Ravens Terrell Thomas, CB, Southern California Trojans

38. Kansas City Chiefs Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy State Trojans

39. Oakland Raiders Dan Connor, LB, Penn State Nittany Lions

40. San Francisco 49ers Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland Terrapins (So.)

41. Chicago Bears Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska Cornhuskers

42. Cincinnati Bengals Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech Hokies

43. Denver Broncos Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina Trojans

44. Carolina Panthers Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee Volunteers

45. Detroit Lions Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee Volunteers (Jr.)

46. Philadelphia Eagles Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State Buckeyes (Jr.)

47. Arizona Cardinals Justin King, CB, Penn State Nittany Lions (Jr.)

48. Buffalo Bills Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State Tigers

49. Atlanta Falcons (from HOU) Oniel Cousins, OT, Texas-El Paso Miners

50. Washington Redskins Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State Cowboys

51. New Orleans Saints Geno Hayes, LB, Florida State Seminoles (Jr.)

52. Minnesota Vikings Eric Young, OL, Tennessee Volunteers

53. Tennessee Titans Lawrence Jackson, DE, Southern California Trojans

54. Cleveland Browns Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M Aggies

55. Pittsburgh Steelers - Beau Bell, LB, UNLV Runnin Rebels

56. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana Hoosiers

57. New York Giants Trae Williams, CB, South Florida Bulls

58. Miami Dolphins (from SD) Demario Pressley, DT, North Carolina State Wolfpack

59. Seattle Seahawks James Davis, RB, Clemson Tigers (Jr.)

60. Jacksonville Jaguars Simeon Castille, DB, Alabama Crimson Tide

61. Indianapolis Colts Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia Mountaineers (Jr.)

62. Dallas Cowboys Early Doucet, WR, Louisiana State Tigers

63. Green Bay Packers Roy Scheuning, G, Oregon State Beavers

64. New England Patriots Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt Commadores

ROUND 3

65. Miami Dolphins Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa Hawkeyes

66. Atlanta Falcons Tony Hills, OT, Texas Longhorns

67. St. Louis Rams Thomas DeCoud, S, California Bears

68. New York Jets Josh Barrett, S, Arizona State Sun
Devils

69. Kansas City Chiefs Lavelle Hawkins, WR, California

70. New England Patriots (from OAK) Jamar Adams, S,
Michigan Wolverines

71. San Francisco 49ers Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton
Pirates

72. Buffalo Bills (from BAL) Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia
Tech Hokies

73. Cincinnati Bengals Marcus Freeman, LB, Ohio State
Buckeyes (Jr.)

74. Chicago Bears Arian Foster, RB, Tennessee
Volunteers (Jr.)

75. Carolina Panthers Jonathan Hefney, DB, Tennessee
Volunteers

76. Detroit Lions DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College Eagles

77. Philadelphia Eagles Jason Jones, DE, Eastern
Michigan Eagles

78. Arizona Cardinals Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest
Demon Deacons

79. Minnesota Vikings (from DEN) Harry Douglas, WR,
Louisville Cardinals

80. Houston Texans Mike McGlynn, OT, Pittsburgh
Panthers

81. Washington Redskins Heath Benedict, OL, Newberry
Indians

82. New Orleans Saints Frank Okam, DT, Texas
Longhorns

83. Buffalo Bills Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida Gators (Jr.)

84. Tennessee Titans Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri Tigers

85. Minnesota Vikings Fred Davis, TE, Southern
California Trojans

86. Pittsburgh Steelers Mario Urrutia, WR, Louisville
Cardinals (Jr.)

87. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Donnie Avery, WR, Houston
Cougars

88. New York Giants Philip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
Yellow Jackets

89. Chicago Bears (from SD) Ali Highsmith, LB,
Louisiana State Tigers

90. Seattle Seahawks Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama
Crimson Tide

91. Cleveland Browns Shawn Crable, DE/LB, Michigan
Wolverines

92. Jacksonville Jaguars Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
Tigers

93. Dallas Cowboys Anthony Alridge, RB, Houston
Cougars

94. Green Bay Packers Ezra Butler, LB, Nevada Wolfpack

95. Indianapolis Colts Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose
State Spartans

96. New England Patriots Kirk Barton, OT, Ohio State Buckeyes

BuckNaked
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
For the Vikings i'd like Hills in the second and either Rucker or Davis in the third.

NYGibril28
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
You already got Davis in the 3rd

BuckNaked
12-18-2007, 09:44 PM
You already got Davis in the 3rd

Damn my eyes, then well nice mock besides we don't really need a guard and Hills would;ve been better suited.

scar988
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
good Falcons draft.

Draft King
12-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I disagree with Scar. I don't see us picking two OT's in the first day, give us James Davis instead of Oniel in the 2nd, he is great value there.

foozball
12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
the mike mcglynn pick makes sense, but i think the texans are going to be looking at BPA. thatd be ali highsmith or phillip wheeler. maybe dwight lowery since dunta robinson is probably gone for most of next year

Babylon
12-18-2007, 09:52 PM
That would be quite a duo for the Raiders with Ellis and Connor.

fenikz
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Can Justice play guard?

If not give us someone else no need for another Center

but good mock overall

aNYtitan
12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow, for your first round explanation of the Titans, you hit it right on the head. Gage has shown flashes of brilliance, as well as Roydell Williams. Next year, Givens will finally bounce back, but a true speedster is still needed, and that comes in the form of DeSean Jackson, which is a pick that I enjoy. In the second, you make a real BPA pick and its a very good one. With the possibility that Laboy and/or Odom will not be resigned. However, we do already have depth at the position, so it is possible that we look at another position on the line at DT, in which perhaps Starks doesn't cut it to be a full time starter. Perhaps DeMario Pressley from Lineman U. or Red Bryant would be the pick. The third makes this draft a B/B+ as Martin Rucker would make an impact and give Young a much needed option over the middle and in the flats

scar988
12-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I disagree with Scar. I don't see us picking two OT's in the first day, give us James Davis instead of Oniel in the 2nd, he is great value there.
that would be horrible. the problem isn't the RB spot it's the OL spots. and we can get a 2nd day guy who will be fine if we have a good OL.

DiG
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
decent skins draft. not anything that excites me. in this scenario id rather have chris williams rd 1, lawrence jackson rd 2, and jordy nelson or ali highsmith in rd 3

Bills2083
12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
1. (Kelly) = great pick
2. (Rodgers-Cromartie) = okay pick (I'd rather go with Charles Godfrey here)
3. (Adibi) = great pick
3. (Ingram) = good pick (I wouldn't mind Martin Rucker or Fred Davis here either)

G-Men88
12-18-2007, 10:45 PM
New York Giants first priority should be Saftey. A WR may not be taken at all in this draft.

NYGibril28
12-18-2007, 10:46 PM
New York Giants first priority should be Saftey. A WR may not be taken at all in this draft.

As of right now, I'd say CB. Michael Johnson has played very well lately, if he can continue that the rest of the year, then I don't see safety as a 1st round need, especially in this draft.

PossumBoy9
12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
As a Rams fan, I'd prefer Chris Long or Gholston over Jake Long.

Rivers is a nice player to land in the 2nd, but I'd have taken Heyward-Bey.

Nice mock.

T-RICH49
12-18-2007, 11:59 PM
If Okam is there for KC in the 3rd he is a no brainer.Chiefs still need a bit of help in that area

stl9erfan
12-19-2007, 12:55 AM
I see you rate the 49ers DL need pretty high. And you're right, that is certainly a concern, especially with the probable impending retirement of Bryant Young.

But...

I think perhaps you underrate our needs on offense, particularly at OT, as well as needing pass rush help. This has been the achilles heel of the Niners defense-- they've been okay stopping the run, and had good coverage, but they really don't have enough guys to get after the Quarterback. I think they'll definitely draft one of those classic 'tweeners this year to take the WILL position at 3-4 OLB.

Ewing
12-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Excellent draft. All three picks feel huge needs and all three can start right away. It would be tough picking between DeSean and Hardy, though.

Forenci
12-19-2007, 01:25 AM
I must give you some love as you are a fellow Giants (and UConn) fan and I do like the variety in a majority of your picks - especially in the first round.

Though, for the Giants, I really don't want a wide receiver in the first round. Personally, at that point in the draft..if we could get Sam Baker I wouldn't be opposed at all. Diehl's play has deteriorated as the season has progressed at LT. I'd prefer for us to move him inside and use Seubert to give us some much needed depth on the line.

Dan Conner wouldn't be a terrible choice either, but if we could get Phillip Wheeler in the 3rd round (which I think he could be gone by then) I would be even more stoked. I love the guy. He has some amazing athletic ability and could prove to be a great pick up who I feel like could end up starting as a rookie.

Trae Williams is also a very interesting pick in the second round and I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. In fact, I think I'd like it.

If we were to pull the trigger on a receiver in the early rounds I would rather have us trade back in the draft and grab Adarius Bowman in the early second round as opposed to Hardy in the first round.

I don't think we should go after a receiver (if at all) until the 5th round or lower.

Matthew Jones
12-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Tribble, Okam, and Highsmith listed much longer than I'd think, but the Patriots draft was excellent aside from Jamar Adams, who I don't really know enough about at this point to make a decision on.

NYGibril28
12-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Though, for the Giants, I really don't want a wide receiver in the first round. Personally, at that point in the draft..if we could get Sam Baker I wouldn't be opposed at all. Diehl's play has deteriorated as the season has progressed at LT. I'd prefer for us to move him inside and use Seubert to give us some much needed depth on the line.

Trae Williams is also a very interesting pick in the second round and I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. In fact, I think I'd like it.

I wasn't entirely sold on Hardy either, but I feel CB is our biggest need, and I didn't like Talib at that spot. LB is deep this draft, so I don't want to address that in the first round. LT probabl would have been the better choice, but I wanted to get some feedback from my fellow Giants fans.

Trae Williams, if we don't go CB in the 1st, is my ideal 2nd round pick, assuming Leodis McKelvin is gone. He's a ballhawk, which we lack.

Bearsfan123
12-19-2007, 08:59 AM
For the Bears- 1st-Brohm-good, solid smart pick.

2nd-Nicks- I don't know who he is. But if he has a second rd grade then cool.

Heres where Id like some changes.
3rda-Jonathan Hefney DB please. We need a safety and although he hasn't played too well this year I think he is still a good prospect.

3rdb-Barry Richardson OT-Yes we already took a tackle, but A we will need another one soon anyway, and B maybe one can move inside at G and help there.

Linebacker isn't a need and runningback has enough money poured into it right now.

Forenci
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I wasn't entirely sold on Hardy either, but I feel CB is our biggest need, and I didn't like Talib at that spot. LB is deep this draft, so I don't want to address that in the first round. LT probabl would have been the better choice, but I wanted to get some feedback from my fellow Giants fans.

Trae Williams, if we don't go CB in the 1st, is my ideal 2nd round pick, assuming Leodis McKelvin is gone. He's a ballhawk, which we lack.

That's a good assessment. To be honest, I'm not sold on Talib either. I would be fine passing on Dan Conner as long as we got Wheeler in the 3rd. Wheeler is one of my favorite linebackers in this years draft.

I think Baker would have to be that pick at that point, I don't see anyone else worthy of it. Baker would be a steal too if you ask me. Great pass protection skills (something Eli could use) and a solid run blocker who could improve with coaching.

I do love Keith Rivers and would love it if we picked him, but once again I also love Wheeler so it would be a tough choice between the two. Probably Rivers because he's a better cover linebacker than Wheeler is right now and still has the same wicked athleticism.

Still, it's a good mock in general, and I'm quite fond of the Giants portion of it minus the Hardy pick. Though I can understand the reasoning of it to a certain extent as the choices aren't great for us at that point and some of our later picks address some great needs too. Baker would be my choice though.

Hurricane Ditka
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
The Bears already have 2 high draft picks on the roster that are suited to play WIL I can't see them adding another. Personally I'd go Otah in the first and Ainge in the second. Our offensive woes are rooted in the offensive line.

thebow305
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
pretty solid phins draft. Would rather have Tribble as a CB instead of Godfrey there in the third, or possibly one of the top TE's Ingram or Davis.

Yung Flippa
12-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Soild Ravens and Texans picks

skinzzfan25
12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Good mock. If Okam fell to the 3rd, I'd take him.

Don Killuminati
12-20-2007, 05:40 AM
Connor is a nice value in Rd2, and we could definitely use an upgrade at SAM. But it almost seems like a luxury pick for a team that just can't afford such a luxury.

Putting a guy like Red Bryant alongside Ellis would be outstanding. Oakland needs two new starting DTs, and getting both here would set us up nicely for years. It would also serve to resolve our SAM issues, as Robert Thomas would have a little less traffic to work against.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 03:32 PM
i cant see the bears going LB and RB in round 3 after they just did that last year.

jsagan77
12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Cambell in round 1 and Bowman in 2... Unreal!!! I would love this draft... Unfortunately I've never heard of the guy in rd 3 but the 1st 2 are awesome!

diabsoule
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Give the Saints Goff in the 2nd round and I will fly to wherever you are and make out with you.

Go_Eagles77
12-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Eh nothing special for the eagles.

johbur
12-21-2007, 12:19 AM
For GB, Talib OK in R1, though I'm hoping to trade out of the first round.
R2, Scheuning Scott's #1 OG, but he's a bit big with a slower speed than Andrew Crummey or Jeremy Zuttah. The offensive system doesn't need big guys, it needs athletic guys on the line. Good thought for an OG early, as they need to build the line depth.
R3, Ezra Butler looks a bit big for our system. Why take him when we already have Poppinga at that size and speed at OLB? Maybe he's good in coverage, which would matter as that is a weakness right now and I haven't seen Butler play. I would like to see a better OLB brought in, but not sure this guy is any better than what we have.

Solid Packers 3 rounder with good thinking behind the picks. Maybe a SS in R2 and the OG in R3?

Kurve
12-21-2007, 12:42 AM
ok Dan Conner would be a steal at round 2 ...but how would the raiders need him and willing to waste a high round 2 on a player that really isnt going to be needed.... We have Morrison and Howard which could possibilty one of the best young LBers in the league having Dan on the SAM spot would be awsome but its not a need that i think we would waste a round 2 pick on being that he would only play a certain percentage of the downs because we do play a lot of nickle. I think WR, RB, OL , DE, S are bigger needs IMO

Finsfan79
12-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Selection: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas Razorbacks (Jr.)

BPA for sure and an amazing talent but I dont see parcells taking a RB early when he feels he can find them later on

33. Miami Dolphins Quentin Groves, LB, Auburn Tigers

interesting player and could be a good player to groom behind JT

58. Miami Dolphins (from SD) Demario Pressley, DT, North Carolina State Wolfpack

nice player if he can become a nose tackle for us I wouldnt mind

65. Miami Dolphins Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa Hawkeyes

not sure where his value is but a S or CB would be a welcome player

I like the needs players add in Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey and I would be happy

The OUTLAW
12-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Bryant and Crable is not a bad combination for the Browns. I question whether they'd take Crable, but they are smart picks.

Caddy
12-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Not a big fan of the Buccaneer draft. Woodson presents decent value there and is a semi-decent pick. I hate the Porter pick predominantly from a value point of view. Avery is a nice selection but I can't see him developing into what the Buccaneers need in a receiver.

BaLLiN
12-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Giants draft is good