PDA

View Full Version : Larry Grant - Part II

gettembuck
12-18-2007, 10:37 PM
I appologize for breaking forum rules in my first post.

The man needs to be listed on the player breakdown. Not even in the top 25 OLBs?

What is your opinion on Grant?

gettembuck
12-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Rivers is listed at 6'3" 220. Grant is the same size and runs better. and Rivers is #1.

I am sorry if I am upsetting the mods or Scott. It just seems weird to me that there is no mention of LG.

HoopsDemon12
12-18-2007, 10:43 PM
who is he anyway? i havnt really heard of him at all

adschofield
12-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Ban Him!!!
Rep Rape Him!!!!!

NYGibril28
12-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Grant's a Junior. Scott generally doesn't include Juniors in his rankings until they declare officially.

gettembuck
12-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Ban Him!!!
Rep Rape Him!!!!!

You guys are harsh. I dont get the hostility, and Grant is a senior.

He is an amazing athlete, and you can feel free to check out my locked post. I did all the work for you there.

gettembuck
12-18-2007, 11:13 PM
who is he anyway? i havnt really heard of him at all

I'd send you a pick of him demolishing Kinlaw, but it would probably be against forum rules.

DiG
12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
ive heard he can run a 4.45 that would be impressive but im pretty sure he backed up Laur for most of the last two years?

Sniper
12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
I'd send you a pick of him demolishing Kinlaw, but it would probably be against forum rules.

And it wouldn't be all that impressive, considering Kinlaw isn't good.

adschofield
12-19-2007, 07:30 AM
You guys are harsh. I dont get the hostility, and Grant is a senior.

He is an amazing athlete, and you can feel free to check out my locked post. I did all the work for you there.

It was a joke, relax

StaticGator
12-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Has he done anything of note other than commit a stupid special teams penalty in last years national championship game?

keylime_5
12-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Grant has had a really good season, but hasn't been the tackle factory that Freeman and Laurinaitis are. He has a lot of sacks, QB pressures, and interceptions/pass breakups. BTW in an interesting note, Tressel said he's been getting more calls from NFL teams about LArry Grant than he has about his two more highly touted linebackers to date. Very intriguing prospect.

OhioState
12-19-2007, 10:12 AM
I am a fan. I think that he is a solid 4-3 OLB with good pass rushing skills but lacks in coverage sometimes. He has the potential to improve greatly and has had a great season for us this year.

bored of education
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
he has potential to be a solid starter, but i dont see him more thana special teams type guy who is a back up

gettembuck
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Grant has had a really good season, but hasn't been the tackle factory that Freeman and Laurinaitis are. He has a lot of sacks, QB pressures, and interceptions/pass breakups. BTW in an interesting note, Tressel said he's been getting more calls from NFL teams about LArry Grant than he has about his two more highly touted linebackers to date. Very intriguing prospect.

That is why I wanted to throw it out there. Grant only had 2 seasons with the Buckeyes, and I think that is a big reason why he has been under the radar. He has done a good job learning the system, and starting for a very deep LB crew.

I like Larry as a pro prospect. Of course it will come down to how he tests at the combine. But for those of you who dont know, he is one to watch.

bored of education
12-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah I think his skill set translates well in the Pros. I can see him late 2nd early 3rd pick. I hope the best for him but for some reason I wouldnt be suprised if he isnothing more than aa backup/special teams guy.

gettembuck
01-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Larry had a pretty good game vs. LSU. He made a lot of plays, and I think one of the announcers even singled him out as being one of the productive players.

The arm tackle were he stopped Holiday was pretty sweet. I know Holiday is a smurf, but it showed good awareness.

Can we get this guy rated?

etk
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
He looked like OSU's best LB against LSU. Real freak of an athlete, and he avoided blocks well.

keylime_5
01-09-2008, 04:45 PM
he's a senior, enough of this junior crap, where are you guys getting that mularkey? I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a good starter in the NFL on the weakside.

etk
01-09-2008, 05:03 PM
he's a senior, enough of this junior crap, where are you guys getting that mularkey? I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a good starter in the NFL on the weakside.

I read he was a Junior somewhere else, but I'm wrong. I'm confused then...how is he not on Scott's rankings?