PDA

View Full Version : I like big Mocks and i can not lie

Epfootball50
12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
As it says in the title this is my first mock of the year. I am going by ESPNís rankings for order. I like the advice so that my next mock can be better. I also am bad at grammar and spelling so if anything is spelled wrong just don't give me a hard time I know I suck at it.

1)Miami, Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
With the first pick in the draft they have three things they can do in this position. Trade down and get a bunch of picks, draft Run DMC, or draft Glenn Dorsey. I am not good at projecting trades so that rule out the first option. I don't see running back as big of a need as d-line, because when Ronnie Brown was healthy he was unstoppable this year. So by elimination Miami gets a great defensive tackle that can make a serious impact.

2) Atlanta, Darren McFadden, RB, ARK
Atlanta gets the best athlete in the draft, and a new face of their franchise. After having to deal with Vick and Quitrino this season Atlanta gets something to cheer about with McFadden. The only other position I would look at would be QB and I don't feel anybody is worthy of the 2nd overall pick. And as shown in Minnesota a great running back can recharge an offense.

3) St. Louis, Jake Long, OL, MICH
St. Louis has a set of very skilled players like Steven Jackson, Tory Holt and Mark Bulger, but their o-line is awful and could use Jake to make their offense the Greatest Show On Turf Again. I thought about having them pick a defensive player here but I thought o line is more important and you get a better player.

4) NY Jets, Vernon Gholston, DE, OSU
NY decides to go with raw talent over polished senior. I went with Vernon basically because he is such an amazing force on the d-line. In the OSU MICH game he made Jake Long look like a nobody. With this much potential and speed off of the edge a think that the jets have a tough decision to make but in the end they go with Gholston.

5) Baltimore, Malcolm Jenkins, CB, OSU
Another tough descion to make, Baltimore has some choices to make in the off season concerning their QB position. Personally I like what I have seen in Troy Smith when he has been coming on late in games for them and I see him as their future QB. So back to the pick Malcolm Jenkins can help an aging defense with his physicality.

6) Kansas City, Ryan Clady, OT, BSU
With Malcolm Jenkins being drafted just before them they have to look at their second position of need. There o-line has been devastated the past couple of years by having a couple of their greats leaving. With this pick they get a great player but also make a recommitment to the running game which will be much appreciated by LJ.

7) New England from San Fran, James Laurinaitis, LB, OSU
The combined age of their ILB's is 72. It is obvious they need help against the run and James can help. He is a well rounded player that could finally let junior retire. The rich get richer by upgrading their team with another great young player.

8) Oakland, Chris Long, DE, UV
The Raiders jump at the chance of getting Howie Longs son on the team. He is an impact defensive lineman that could help across from burgess. He fell into their laps because of the jets going for potential over solid talent and the Raiders get a steal in the best senior DE.

9) Chicago, Matt Ryan, QB, BC
Another player that dropped and the Bears will not let him fall any farther. After making it to the Super Bowl the Bears had a difficult year. Most of their problems came from the lack of consistent QB. Matt can come in and take this team back to the playoffs. All they need to succeed in the NFC right now is a QB.

10) Cincinnati, Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
The Bengals have been a joke on defense for the past couple of years, and it is time to improve. They have an offense that should be playoff bound every year, yet they are held back. Sedrick has great character and I a great player that can help thus team.

11) Arizona, Mike Jenkins, CB, USF
An obvious pick with the top senior CB going to a team that lacks in pass defending.

12) Philadelphia, Desean Jackson, WR, CAL
An explosive wide receiver that will be able to help whoever the QB is for this team next year. He is fast and can break the play open on any play something Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown have not been able to do for this club.

13) Detroit, Jeff Otah, OT, PITT
Detroit neglected drafting Joe Thomas last year and their O-line still needs help. Kitna takes a hit every time he drops back to pass and its time for them to spend a pick on protecting the QB instead of giving him more options to pass to.

14) Denver, Keith Rivers, LB, USC
Keith has the ability to play any LB position for the Denver Bronco's. The only Knock on him is that he is not big enough, but Denver has never had problems with drafting undersized players before.

15) Carolina, Brian Brohm, QB, UL
I had planned on drafting a OT or S here but with Brian Brohm still on the board at this position I don't see the Panthers passing up on a QB with this amount of skills. With Running a pro style O-fence in Lousivile I think that he is better suited than Andre to start for this team as soon as the first game of the season for this team.

16) Houston, Kenny Phillips, S, MIA
Amazing how another great player and top prospect falls, but it always happens in the dr. Kenny can help their secondary, and with three straight picks going to help this defence, someday soon they could be very dangerous.

17)Washington, Calais Campbell, DE, MIA
A physical freak at 6-8 Calais can be an anchor for their aging d-line. Nobody else would be considered here in this situation, because the positions they need nobody fell their way.

18) Buffalo, Dan Connor, OLB, PSU
Get angry at me if you will but I feel that the tandem of Connors and Poz at LB for the Bills it will make that D be something to fear again. Connor's is effective in coverage as well as being able to stop the run, he helps build this bills defense.

19) New Orleans, Leodis McKelvin, CB, TROY
A good CB that can help their d. Not much else to say about this pick besides tha Leodis might not be the sexy pick but he will help.

20) Tennessee, Limas Sweed, WR, TEX
Even though he is injured and lacks that breakaway speed the Titans draft Sweed to reunite a once dangerous pair of players. Limas will give Vince a WR that understands him and that he will trust, sense right now it seems like his WR don't do either.

21) Minnesota, Andre Woodson, QB, UK
I know that QB is a concern for the Vikings but i do not think that it is a 1st round need, but if one of the big three falls to them i don't think that they will be able to pass him up. They have obvious needs at WR, DE, and CB but i think that they take a back seat when they get this good of a QB. Tavaris is the only thing holding it back from being a Super bowl bound team.

22) New York Giants, Antoine Cason, CB, ARZ
G- Men need help on defense and they get it.

23) Dallas From Clevland, Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
I don't feel that RB is a need for the boys sense i believe that Marion Barbar is the best RB on that team. So they go with Aqib to play across from Newman.

24) Pittsburgh, Gosder Cherilus, OT, BC
It was between OT and CB and with Aqib and Antoine taken before it narrows it down to Cherilus. He provides depth now and will be able to fill in when need be.

25) San Diego, Malcom Kelly, WR, OKLA
Passing game still needs help and i am not sold on Davis or Jackson, wth this pick it gives rivers another WR to throw to and maybe has him turn the corner as a passer.

26)Seattle, Thomas DeCoud, S, CAL
I was stuck with this pick i didn't know if i should go DT, S, or RB. i basically flipped my three sided coin and chose S.

27) Tampa Bay, Sam Baker, OT, USC
Would have been a top 15 pick if he would have come out last year so Tampa gets a good OT that can help their line which is all ways bothered.

28) Jacksonville, Mario Manningham, WR, MICH
Jacksonville lacks a speedy WR, and that is where Mario would fit in nicely. It seems to me like all of thier other WR are big and slow, Mario adds firepower for Garrad.

29) Green Bay, Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
I was stuck again in this position i wasn't thrilled with any of CB's left at this position, I don't think that RB is a first round need with Ryan Grant, and i don't believe in drafting TE's first round. So from that i am looking at Brady Popinga at OLB and i see Highsmith as a better player, let me know what you think packer fans.

30) San Fran from Indy, Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
A great DE that can help thier d. Not ideal speed or size but he is effective and gets the job done, and thats what this team needs

31) Dallas, Frank Okam, DT, Texas
A good big DT that can hopefully hold down thier middle of the D-line. HE has great size and athletisism to match.

32) Patriots lose for cheating

33) Miami, Chris Williams, OT, VAND

34) Atlanta, Colt Brennan, QB, HAW

35) St. Louis, Roy Shuening, OG, ORGST

36) NY Jets, Jonathan Stewart, RB, ORG

37) Baltimore, Early Doucet, WR, LSU

38) Kansas City, Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, WISC

39) San Fran, James Hardy, WR, IND

40) Oakland, Tony Hills, OT, TEX

41) Chicago, Felix Jones, RB, ARK

42) Cincinnati, Derrick Harvey, DE, FLA

43) Arizona, Quentin Groves, DE, AUB

44) Philadelphia, John Carlson, TE, ND

45) Detroit, Jonathan Goff, LB, BC

46) Denver, Kentwan Balmer, DT, UNC

47) Carolina, Josh Barrett, S, ASU

48) Atlanta, DeMario Pressley, DT, NCST

49) Washington, Adarius Bowman, WR, OAKLST

50) Buffalo, Harry Douglas, WR, LOU

51) New Orleans, Fred Davis, TE, USC

52) Tennessee, Martian Rucker, TE, Mizz

53) Minnesota, Tracy Porter, CB, IND

54) NY Giants, Geno Hayes, LB, FSU

55) Clevland, Red Bryant, DT, TXAM

56) Pittsburgh, Trae Williams, CB, USF

57) Maimi, Craig Stelz, S, LSU

58) Seattle, Allen Patrick, RB, OAKL

59) Green Bay, Terell Thomas, CB, USC

60) Indy, Charles Godfrey, CB, IOWA

61) Dallas, Andre Caldwell, WR, FL

62) New England, Zach Bowman, CB, NEB

Babylon
12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Ok Sir Mixalot. Have to say there are some guys here i dont think are 1st rounders; Sweed, Manningham, Cherilus. Just dont see it.

Epfootball50
12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Who would you suggest taking in that position

scottyboy
12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
love the giants pick, CB is our biggest need, and I love Cason

KCJ58
12-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Jake Long sounds good

Babylon
12-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Who would you suggest taking in that position

Malcolm Kelley for Sweed

Alex Boone or Chris Williams for Cherilus

Jordy Nelson or Early Doucet for Manningham

T-RICH49
12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
good chiefs pick

Jensen
12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Give the Cardinals Kenny Phillips there.

Caddy
12-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Would have been a top 15 pick if he would have come out last year so Tampa gets a good OT that can help their line which is all ways bithered.

What the hell does bithered mean. Other than that, decent pick.

Bills2083
12-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't mind Connor.
As long as we get a WR in round 2, and a CB and TE in round 3

aNYtitan
12-19-2007, 09:11 PM
No way that the Titans take Sweed over Kelly at this point. I really dislike this belief that because they played together that they will be able to instantly click. I really don't see Sweed becoming that #1 WR that we need, just because he lacks breakaway speed. He might be a good #2 or a great #3 in the red zone, but right now the Titans need breakaway threats, players that they can score with their own skill. Those players at WR are Kelly and DeSean Jackson right now. Give them Kelly

The Legend
12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
29) Green Bay, Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
I was stuck again in this position i wasn't thrilled with any of CB's left at this position, I don't think that RB is a first round need with Ryan Grant, and i don't believe in drafting TE's first round. So from that i am looking at Brady Popinga at OLB and i see Highsmith as a better player, let me know what you think packer fans.

i like Ezra Butler over him, thou wouldnt mind a OLB over CB

Epfootball50
12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
i like Ezra Butler over him, thou wouldnt mind a OLB over CB

I don't know that much about Butler compared to Highsmith, and what i have seen of Highsmith i like.

BamaFalcon59
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Pretty good for the Falcons, but Pressley isn't a great fit. We need either a big noze tackle there or a good offensive tackle.

fenikz
12-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I personally like Cason over Mike Jenkins but either work i guess. groves in the 2nd is very nice

and Barrett was terrible this year, no way is he worthy of a 2nd round pick

Beans
12-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Where's Tampa's second rounder?

Young Legend
12-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Give The Raiders Bowman in the second..

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Why Bowman?Hills is a pretty good pick.

Vikes99ej
12-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Still thinking about the first round pick, but the second round pick looks nice.

Green Bay Scat
12-20-2007, 12:02 AM
you otha brothas cant deny, when a girl walks in with a lil ity bity waist and a round thing in your face u get SPRUNG(or atleast thats what it sounded like)

NIN1984
12-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Good Raiders draft but I don't think Long will fall to 8

Bar-bq
12-20-2007, 01:12 AM
3) St. Louis, Jake Long, OL, MICH
St. Louis has a set of very skilled players like Steven Jackson, Tory Holt and Mark Bulger, but their o-line is awful and could use Jake to make their offense the Greatest Show On Turf Again. I thought about having them pick a defensive player here but I thought o line is more important and you get a better player.

35) St. Louis, Roy Shuening, OG, ORGST

Poor Rams picks, really. Two offensive linemen in the first two rounds does not bode well. Yes we have needs along the OL, but most are due to injury rather than poor play. It is uncertain whether Orlando Pace will return, and until that time, the better pick there is DE Chris Long, as depth along the OL is better found in round two (For monetary purposes, too). Leonard Little was lackluster before getting injured, and James Hall has been just average, making the pass rush stud Long a much better choice. Our run defense has been much imrpoved thanks to Carriker and Clifton Ryan, and the addition of Long would allow a healthy offense to have more time on the field.

I have three better Ram scenarios for you, in order of preference in accordance with your mock.

1; Chris Long and Tony Hills
2; Chris Long and Roy Shuening
3; Jake Long and Derrick Harvey/Quentin Groves.

thebow305
12-20-2007, 01:23 AM
pretty solid phins draft

Don Vito
12-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Would love to see the Pats go LB and CB, Laurinaitis is a great pick with Gholston gone and Bowman is very talented.

Dam8610
12-20-2007, 02:20 AM
With only 62 picks, something is wrong with this mock. Also, CB is way down the need list for the Colts.

Don Killuminati
12-20-2007, 05:21 AM
Long ain't falling this far, but we'll take him.

Tony Hills has a busted leg. No thanks. Gamble on the injury cases on Day 2. Red Bryant, Quentin Groves, Felix Jones, all preferable and all could start immediately.

gsorace
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Give the Jets Kentwan Balmer, Dre Moore or any offensive linemen that would provide value in the second round.

johbur
12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Props for the Packers draft. Highsmith and Thomas = much love. Packers might not need to go 1st round for an OLB, as the SLB in the system is usually only a 2 down back, and they have a lot of money tied up in Hawk and Barnett, but those three guys would be the best young group of LBs in the game.

If you wanted diefferent, maybe a CB, though again, it's be for the nickel-back. Really, if you go best player available that's not a QB, DT, K or P, then it'll be a solid pick. O-line could still use depth, I would love to have a SS come in and give competition, TE is thin. Packers have a lot of young talent that they've brought in over the past three years, so I'd actually prefer to either move down for a pick in next year's draft or trade up and grab a higher quality player and only have three player sin this year's draft. That's not the TT way, so maybe he'll trade out of the first round.

rainbeaukid2
12-21-2007, 01:33 AM
lawrence jackson wouldn't fit in the niners 3-4 defense

BaLLiN
12-23-2007, 11:00 AM
love giants picks, Geno Hayes is a beast and Cason got the thorpe so he must be okay

gdamac
12-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Hills is a good pick for the Raiders in the second, but I think the Raiders would be better served taking A. Bowman there. The Raiders have given up 5 sacks in the last 5 games, including none in the last 3. Paul McQuinstan could very well emerge as the long term RT and Simms will serve at LT for another season while the evaluate Henderson and maybe a day two pick. Get young JaMarcus a weapon to play with.

JT Jag
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM
No Jags 2nd rounder... why?

iloxygenil
12-24-2007, 12:27 PM
B-E-A-Utiful Falcons draft...thanks for that =) I'd like to have an offensive lineman over NT but both are needs.

Staubach12
12-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I like big mocks and I cannot lie,
you other brothers can't deny
When a mock is up and it's got a lot of picks
You're like OMG! Gotta read this!

LonghornsLegend
12-25-2007, 05:06 AM
The Chargers taking Kelly is probably the worst pick ive seen...They have Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, and a 1st rd draft pick in his 1st season craig davis, along with Antonio Gates, what point would it be to take a wr in the 1st rd, all three guys are really young, you maybe could of counted on it before they traded for chambers but its out of the question now since they are getting production out of the top 2 and you cant give up on a 1st rd wr after one season

Rich Jr
12-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Saints

Round 1: Cason

Round 2.: Steltz

jason96r
12-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I love your Lions Draft. I am very high on both Otah and Goff. If the first 2 picks went like that I would be estatic.

dbtb135
12-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Would have been a top 15 pick if he would have come out last year so Tampa gets a good OT that can help their line which is all ways bothered.

59) Green Bay, Terell Thomas, CB, USC

Our line has actually been pretty good this year, but I like the pick.

That 2nd rounder is where we should be picking in round 2, and also would be a good pick for us.