PDA

View Full Version : Ok St. Reid to transfer?

Gi-15
12-20-2007, 03:04 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3182886/1198154485

it is said in the article that Bobby has gratuated, do that mean that he'll be eligible to play next year if he transfer? if so, where would he fit the best?

RyanLeaf#1
12-20-2007, 03:10 PM
If he graduated and transfers he would be elgible next season.

SuperKevin
12-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Oregon could use a QB next year. Reid is athletic enough to run the spread too

RyanLeaf#1
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Oregon could use a QB next year. Reid is athletic enough to run the spread too

Im pretty sure Oregon has a QB who got hurt in spring training this year, and was out for the season. But he should be able to play next year. I heard hes a good one too.

iowatreat54
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
If he graduated and transfers he would be elgible next season.

I thought they were talking about changing that rule (where if you graduate, and enroll in graduate school, you can go where ever and not sit out a year)...did they decide not to change it, or is that a completely different rule?

Don Vito
12-20-2007, 03:37 PM
He is so athletically gifted and talented, I hope he pans out as a QB and has a good season at some BCS conference school. It sounds like he is a hard worker, too, he just didn't perform this year. If he had a good season he could have been the top junior QB, but Zac Robinson (another gifted QB) stepped up and played well. If he utilizes his skills he could be one hell of a football player.

energizerbunny
12-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I thought they changed that rule back to the way it was previous?

WildDude
12-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Im pretty sure Oregon has a QB who got hurt in spring training this year, and was out for the season. But he should be able to play next year. I heard hes a good one too.

Costa? well hes barely 6 feet and he tore his acl so that kinda takes away the mobility he has/had and i assume he would be using next year to sort of get into playing shape rather than be thrown into the big dogs... bobbie reid is a perfect fit for this offense if they made Dixon into something they most certainly can do the same with Reid i can surely say Oregon will try to persue him since they have 0 chance at Pryor and Marquies Grey whos probally headed to minnesota

RyanLeaf#1
12-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I thought they were talking about changing that rule (where if you graduate, and enroll in graduate school, you can go where ever and not sit out a year)...did they decide not to change it, or is that a completely different rule?

I said if he graduated at OK State, and transfered he would be able to play next season. Which means he would not have to sit out a year. Thats how Ben Mauk started with Cincy this year. He graduated from WF, and went to Cincy and started this season.

duckseason
12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Costa? well hes barely 6 feet and he tore his acl so that kinda takes away the mobility he has/had and i assume he would be using next year to sort of get into playing shape rather than be thrown into the big dogs... bobbie reid is a perfect fit for this offense if they made Dixon into something they most certainly can do the same with Reid i can surely say Oregon will try to persue him since they have 0 chance at Pryor and Marquies Grey whos probally headed to minnesota

Tearing your ACL doesn't automatically take away your mobility. Costa is the favorite to win the starting job next year, and the coaches are very high on him. He's already working on the underwater treadmill, and has a lot of time to get back to 100% before the season. His main competition figures to be BYU transfer Cade Cooper, and incoming frosh (the wording of your post seems to imply that you're unaware that we landed-) Darron Thomas. In addition to those 3, we have 4 (as of now) other QB's who will be here next season.

I'm not saying there's no chance Reid comes to Oregon, but I am saying that Nathan Costa is a good fit for us at QB who would be tough to beat out for the starting spot even if Reid did join the team. There's no more reason to believe that the ACL will linger as there is to believe that he'll return to form.

And despite what you think, we are in the running for Pryor. I think I'll take his word over yours on that one.

WildDude
12-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Tearing your ACL doesn't automatically take away your mobility. Costa is the favorite to win the starting job next year, and the coaches are very high on him. He's already working on the underwater treadmill, and has a lot of time to get back to 100% before the season. His main competition figures to be BYU transfer Cade Cooper, and incoming frosh (the wording of your post seems to imply that you're unaware that we landed-) Darron Thomas. In addition to those 3, we have 4 (as of now) other QB's who will be here next season.

I'm not saying there's no chance Reid comes to Oregon, but I am saying that Nathan Costa is a good fit for us at QB who would be tough to beat out for the starting spot even if Reid did join the team. There's no more reason to believe that the ACL will linger as there is to believe that he'll return to form.

And despite what you think, we are in the running for Pryor. I think I'll take his word over yours on that one.

Well I mean i know there have been comebacks from torn ACLs but I refuse to believe that anyone regains their form or better. Oh yeah i didnt realize you got Darron Thomas his measurables sure look good, I'm sure Oregon will be fine nxt year its just a question of adjustment...

I actually think that after Michigan and Ohio State and how he didnt even visit oregon yet the chances look slim but hey anythings possible Pryor is an excellent QB who needs to refine his skills much like Dixon when he came in...

BuddyCHRIST
12-24-2007, 10:24 PM
ACL tear isnt nearly as bad as it use to be. Look at Buckhalter for the Eagles, he tore his twice and he looks as fast as he did. Frank Gore tore his in both knee's. It just takes about 12 months.

YAYareaRB
12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
I was hoping Cade Cooper would have stayed at BYU to become the next "GREAT ONE". Max Hall isn't doing that bad though, lol

fischbowl
12-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Honestly, if he does I'm not surprised. He's seem to have fallen out of favor with Gundy.

Maybe he'll enter the draft.

LonghornsLegend
12-25-2007, 12:40 AM
I dont know how he didnt end up staying the starter at OK State, everything ive seen from him showed potential and talent...could be an athlete at the pro level for someone

Cashmoney
12-25-2007, 01:12 AM
ACL tear isnt nearly as bad as it use to be. Look at Buckhalter for the Eagles, he tore his twice and he looks as fast as he did. Frank Gore tore his in both knee's. It just takes about 12 months.

some of the pros only take 9 or 10 months to get back

WildDude
12-25-2007, 01:40 AM
well I'll never understand why Zac Robinson started over him i mean i dont think hes doing any better than Reid would have...

An torn acl is very recoverable, yes however it benefits straight ahead runners better it dosent nessesscarly take away speed it takes the cut moves away.

asmitty45
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Bring him to Michigan State, all Brian Hoyer does is cost us games.

WildDude
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3181121

If Reid does leave he cant go to a DI school he has to go to a lower division school, which kinda sucks idk how thats gonna help his stock even if he tears it apart...

SuperKevin
01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3181121

If Reid does leave he cant go to a DI school he has to go to a lower division school, which kinda sucks idk how thats gonna help his stock even if he tears it apart...

Well his stock is pretty low as of now after losing his starting job. A year of dominant playing time, regardless of the level of competition would probably do him wonders.

WildDude
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
well he didnt do bad at all so idk why his stock would be down Gundy just favors Zac for some reason... remember his rant, it probally had something to do with a race issue idk and it was cover up

SuperKevin
01-04-2008, 04:45 PM
well he didnt do bad at all so idk why his stock would be down Gundy just favors Zac for some reason... remember his rant, it probally had something to do with a race issue idk and it was cover up

I feel if Reid came out he'd probably be a 5th or 6th rounder in the draft but if he went to a solid D1-AA program he could work his way back into the 3rd round area with a great season.

Not to mention I doubt Reid would even get a combine invite if he declared this year.

Blatz
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
We would welcome him here at Colorado State, of course.

I know, it won't happen, but one could hope.

dabears10
01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Reid to Ill State!!!

Mr. Stiller
01-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Reid Declared.

Billingsley26
01-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Reid Declared.

You got a link on that? I think that he would be better off going back even if it is a D1AA school. Maybe he feels that he has done what he can do, and cant get himself any higher than he is now. Good luck to him.

WildDude
01-05-2008, 12:49 AM
whoa Mike Gundy really did ruin Reid's carrer this kid coulda been something special, Junior year he had around 2200 yards with 24 tds 11 int compared to zac robinson this year in which he had 2800 with 23 tds and 9 int, not much of a difference there although Reid may be more athletic and hes bigger, a carrer ruined due to bad coaching, sure i liked how he stuck up for him but he didnt play Reid at all afterwards i expected them to alternate for the starting job but nothing for reid

aheineken
01-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure about the eligibility rules with graduated players, but I would've loved to have him follow his OC Fedora to Southern Miss. We have nothing at QB for next year, and he could've really helped ease our transition to the spread offense.

Patriots16-0
01-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh yeah. He is transferring to the NFL! :)