PDA

View Full Version : Thought out 2 round mock with explanations

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Constructive criticism appreciated:

Round 1

1.) Miami - QB Matt Ryan, Boston College
-Call me a hypocrite because ive argued the last few days that none of the quarterbacks this year are really elite and deserve to go this high. I stand by that but need seems to dictate all in the draft anymore and Miami has a big need at QB. I have a hunch that even though theyve got a coach in his first year, they may very well pull a clean sweep of the staff and front office in an attempt to wash the taste of starting 0-13 out of their mouths, and the new staff may be best off starting new with a QB of thier own. This holds even more true now with the potential hiring of Bill Parcells.

2.) St. Louis - DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
-The best defensive talent available this year and it fills a huge need for the swiss cheese rams D. No one can argue here...

3.) NY Jets - HB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
-While one may argue that they have bigger needs on the defensive front 7, a RB as talented as McFadden simply can't be passed up. He'll go great with Jones and Washington at first before eventually becoming their main go to back.

4.) Atlanta - QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky
-There may not be a more obvious pick than a QB to the falcons, and Woodson has upside out the you-know-what. Interesting side note, I've heard from a credible source that Atlanta is the only NFL team whose majority season ticket holders are African-American, and what better way is there to keep them around after the mike vick fiasco than to bring in a new young black QB (and possibly a black HC since they appear very interested in Mike Singletary. Very, very deserving canidate btw)

5.) New England (from SF) - DE/OLB Vernon Gholston, Ohio St.
-The pats are in a sore need for athletic playmakers on defense, especially with an aging linebacker corps, and he is perhaps by far the top player at this point.

6.) Baltimore - QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
-Steve McNair has long been over the hill and Kyle Boller is a career backup at best.

7.) Kansas City - OT Jake Long, Michigan
-The top o-lineman available who will solidify one of their tackle spots for many a year to come.

8.) Oakland - DE Chris Long, Virginia
-They need help in the front 7 in any form it will take an Long is a versatile DE who should be a help in all aspects of the defense.

9.) Cincinnati - MLB James Laurenitis, Ohio St.
-After having to a decent starting DE to play OLB due to injuries and ineffectiveness, this pick seems obvious to help solidify that problematic side of the ball.

10.) Chicago - OT Jeff Otah, Pitt
-While they do have a huge need at QB, one can be found later on in the draft while they go ahead and inject some youth into their very old o-line. He can instantly replace fred miller at right tackle while being groomed to replace john tait long term at LT. This way, any QB they have will have a chance to actually throw the ball.

11.) Arizona - CB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio St.
-Adds a high level of talent to thier otherwise average (at best) secondary.

12.) Denver - OLB Keith Rivers, USC
-DJ Williams is the only bright spot of that corps and Rivers will help out immediately.

13.) Carolina - S Kenny Phillips, Miami
-Will instantly address an area of need in what could be John Fox's final chance as a HC there.

14.) Detroit - OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
-They've given up the most sacks in the league (again i believe) and he is the best tackle prospect available at this point.

15.) Philly - WR Desean Jackson, Cal
-They badly need a playmaker outside of brian westbrook and he will also help out as a returner.

16.) New Orleans - CB Mike Jenkins, South Fla.
-Jason David has been a free agent bust and mike mckenzie is getting up there in years.

17.) Buffalo - WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
-A big target for whoever their QB ends up being to compliment Evans and Parrish.

18.) Houston - HB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
-Ahman Green and Ron Dayne have been just OK when called upon but both are hardly young and Stewart will be able to carry the load for years to come.

19.) Washington - DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
-They need help along the d-line for sure and he could be great.

20.) Tennessee - DE Calais Campbell, Miami
-A very versatile defender who will be a good compliment to pro bowler vanden bosch on the other side.

21.) Minnesota - DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
-An upgrade to the one weak spot along thier otherwise great d-line

22.) Seattle - OT Sam Baker, USC
-Instant help to thier o-line which has struggled since losing hutchinson to the vikes and can be groomed long term to take over for walter jones.

23.) Dallas (from Cle) - CB Aquib Talib, Kansas
-a tough corner to compliment terrance newman and who's coverage skills can help keep roy williams out of coverage where hes at his weakest.

24.) Pittsburgh - OLB Dan Conner, Penn St.
-a very good linebacker who can be moved around a D still in transition from a 34 to 43

25.) Tampa Bay - WR Mario Manningham, Michigan
-a solid player to develop behind the aging galloway and hilliard

26.) CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
-They seem to need help all over thier defense, especially at CB where all they have are aging journeymen around aaron ross.

27.) San Diego - OT Gosder Cherilius, BC
-I keep hearing on the forums how they want someone to play RT and allow olivea to move to guard, well, now they can.

28.) Jacksonville - WR Adarius Bowman, Ok. St.
-Reggie Williams may be salvagable but they need someone better than bust matt jones and so-so dennis northcutt.

29.) Green Bay - CB Leondis McKelvin, Troy
-A good young corner to help out thier otherwise aging CB tandem

30.) San Fran (from Ind) - WR Early Doucet, LSU
-A possible stud to compliment Darrel Jackson who has so far been a major disappointment.

31.) Dallas - HB Felix Jones, Arkansas
-Jerry Jones can't land his #1 arkansas back but he gets jones who will be a good compliment to Marion Barber after losing julius jones to free agency.

32.) Pats- Forfeited

Round 2

1.) Miami OT Chris Williams
-an o-lineman to protect their round 1 QB investment.

2.) NY Jets - DT Frank Okam, Texas
-a big tackle to help sure up thier front 7

3.) Atlanta - CB Trae Williams, South Fla
-a CB option to help them with the possible trade of DeAngelo Hall whos meltdowns have cost the team this year.

4.) St. Louis - QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii
-A high risk/high reward type QB who can be groomed behind bulger for a few years while serving as a decent backup.

5.) Baltimore - CB Tyrell Thomas, USC
-Rolle and McCalister arent getting any younger and their backups have proved incapable of being good so far this year.

6.) Kansas City - DE Lawrence Jackson, USC
-Even though they've vowed to franchise tag pro-bowler jared allen, they could use someone to compliment/back him up.

7.) Oakland - WR Harry Douglas, Louisville
-A good player despite being undersized who could become a favored target of Jamarcus Russell in the future.

8.) San Fran - OG Eric Young, Tennessee
-O-line play has been part of their problem this year and he would fit in nicely next to last years first round choice Joe Staley.

9.) Chicago - DT Kentwan Balmer, NC
-Injuries have exposed their lack of depth on defense and they could use someone good to play long term next to Tommie Harris

10.) Cincinnati - DT Demario Pressley, NC St.
-D-line has been another major concern of theirs and he comes from the same place that has produced plenty of high draft pick lineman in the past.

11.) Denver - S Craig Steltz, LSU
-A good player who can be the long term replacement to John Lynch

12.) Carolina - OT Tony Hills, Texas
-Another instant upgrade to help John Fox retain his job and a backup solution should they lose jordan gross

13.) Detroit - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tenn. St.
-After addressing their biggest need in round 1, they address their 2nd biggest here with a player looking to follow in the footsteps of previous small school corners like charles tillman and rashean mathis.

14.) Philly - OLB Ali Highsmith, LSU
-Takeo Spikes isnt getting any younger and depth is needed.

15.) Arizona - HB Steve Slaton, West Virginia
-Edge is still doing well but he could use a compliment and solid backup.

16.) Buffalo - TE John Carlson, Notre Dame
-Another big target to go along with their first pick.

17.) Atlanta (from Hou) - OLB Phillip Wheeler, Georgia Tech
-Keith Brooking is no spring chicken and at least, depth is needed. Plus he played college in the same state.

18.) Washington - DE Quentin Groves, Auburn
-Speedy pass rusher to add to their d-line

19.) New Orleans - MLB Jonathan Goff, Vandy
-They addressed their biggest need in round 1 and address thier 2nd biggest here.

20.) WR Earl Bennett, Vandy
-They really need some top receiving talent but Childress doesn't like to pick them in the first round, so they nab one here.

21.) Tennessee - WR Limus Sweed, Texas
-They go back to Texas to pick up a big target for Vince Young. Likely will fall this far after timing badly in the 40.

22.) Cleveland - HB Mike Hart, Michigan
-Even if they resign Jamal Lewis, he isnt the long term answer and at the very least a backup is needed.

23.) Pittsburgh - OG Roy Schuening, Oregon
-They stand to Faneca in free agency so a replacement is needed.

24.) Tampa Bay - QB Chad Henne, Michigan
-A top backup option who can learn behind Jeff Garcia for a few years.

25.) NY Giants - OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan
-After addressing the secondary in round 1, they can add to their weak LB corps here.

26.) Miami (from SD) - S Josh Barrett, Arizona St.
-They still need help all over the place and this is a good start in their secondary.

27.) Seattle - HB Matt Forte, Tulane
-Alexander isn't getting any younger or more effective so they look to the future here.

28.) Jacksonville - CB Dejuan Tribble, BC
-Could use an upgrade across from Mathis or at least a good nickel back.

29.) Indy - OLB Xavier Adibi, VT
-A smaller linebacker like Tony Dungy likes who will add depth and can take over for Rob Morris long term.

30.) Green Bay - DE Tommy Blake, TCU
-A first round talent who falls this far due to health concerns and who will add to their already potent d-line

31.) Dallas - WR Andre Caldwell, Florida
-TO isnt getting any younger and terry glenn's career may be over so they add depth and a future replacement here.

32.) New England - CB Tracy Porter, Indiana
-After injecting some youth and athleticism to their LB corps in round 1, they do the same for their secondary here and also protect against the loss of Asante Samuel.

Vikes99ej
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Good Vikings picks.

bored of education
12-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Dont like the 2nd round pick for KC. Back up DE is McBride, Wilkerson and Tamba Hali is the other end. They will franchise tag him and our End situation will be fine

DiG
12-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Ellis in rd 1 is amazing but groves in rd 2 is terrible. he doesnt fit the scheme of greg williams with his size and would struggle to even see the field. if we take dline in rd 1 then we should go best available olb or offensive line in rd 2. if neither of those are decent then possession/redzone wr.

scar988
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Woodson - not worth the #4 overall. no QB is. we go with OT Jake Long there.

Williams - HORRIBLE PICK! CB IS NOT A NEED! Hall hated Petrino. that would have been the onyl way he left is if Petrino stayed. Petrino gone = Hall stays. CB is not a need. we get QB Colt Brennan here.

Wheeler - good pick

overall D on your draft/

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Woodson - not worth the #4 overall. no QB is. we go with OT Jake Long there.

Williams - HORRIBLE PICK! CB IS NOT A NEED! Hall hated Petrino. that would have been the onyl way he left is if Petrino stayed. Petrino gone = Hall stays. CB is not a need. we get QB Colt Brennan here.

Wheeler - good pick

overall D on your draft/

The falcons are the one team i can almost gurantee takes a QB in round 1 like it or not.

I think a lot definitally depends on thier next coach but it seems like the best way to rid the dark clouds of the vick fiasco is to bring in someone who can take over ASAP and get the fans back on the teams side in atlanta.

you dont do that with linemen, no way, no how. no matter how much theyre actually needed

scar988
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
The falcons are the one team i can almost gurantee takes a QB in round 1 like it or not.

I think a lot definitally depends on thier next coach but it seems like the best way to rid the dark clouds of the vick fiasco is to bring in someone who can take over ASAP and get the fans back on the teams side in atlanta.

you dont do that with linemen, no way, no how. no matter how much theyre actually needed

I AM A FALCONS FAN!!! I FOLLOW THE TEAM!!!

The Falcons draft BPA. and in that situation QB is not the BPA, especially not when you have a guy like Jake Long who is ALSO at a position of need.

ALSO, OT is a bigger need than QB because it affects both aspects of the offense, not just the pass game. Also, the QB class is deep and the difference between a guy like Brennan in the 2nd and Woodson in the top 5 (horrible value) is very little compared to the difference between Cherilus and Long at the OT spot.

nice try though, but if you have 2 players. 1 is at #3 on your board and on position of need, and the other is at #10 on your board and a position of need.
meaning both are at a position of need, why would you get the #10 (Woodson) over the #3 (Long)?

it doesn't make sense and NFL teams don't draft by "position of biggest need" they draft BPA at the positions needed. in atlatna it's OT, NT, QB, MLB as our 4 biggest needs and the BPA in those at #4 is Long, NOT WOODSON.

GB12
12-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Terrible Packers draft. I realize that Scott has McKelvin as his #2 corner, but he does not fit our system at all. I also don't like him as a prospect. To me he seems like the over hyped small school prospect that never turns out to be anything more than a nickelback. You hit the right position, wrong player.

For the second round I can't say the same. DE isn't really a need at all. We have an all-pro in Aaron Kampman on the left and a combination of Cullen Jenkins and KGB on the right. Mike Montgomery is a decent 4th DE too. It'd be a waste of a second round pick.

thefridge15
12-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Vikings draft is gold.

fenikz
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah!! Malcolm Jenkins

BOO!!! Steve Slaton, he is overrated and a product of a system, no better of a prospect than J.J. Arrington and we know how that turned out, if you fell we must have another RB give us Forte the man is a beast, but we have much bigger needs in a 3-4 OLB, FS and OT

Gay Ork Wang
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I like Otah, but i think there are far bigger needs than DT for the Bears at this moment, they just have been unlucky, they lost like 5

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I AM A FALCONS FAN!!! I FOLLOW THE TEAM!!!

The Falcons draft BPA. and in that situation QB is not the BPA, especially not when you have a guy like Jake Long who is ALSO at a position of need.

ALSO, OT is a bigger need than QB because it affects both aspects of the offense, not just the pass game. Also, the QB class is deep and the difference between a guy like Brennan in the 2nd and Woodson in the top 5 (horrible value) is very little compared to the difference between Cherilus and Long at the OT spot.

nice try though, but if you have 2 players. 1 is at #3 on your board and on position of need, and the other is at #10 on your board and a position of need.
meaning both are at a position of need, why would you get the #10 (Woodson) over the #3 (Long)?

it doesn't make sense and NFL teams don't draft by "position of biggest need" they draft BPA at the positions needed. in atlatna it's OT, NT, QB, MLB as our 4 biggest needs and the BPA in those at #4 is Long, NOT WOODSON.

I understand but this is my rebuttle:

if BPA is what teams draft by, then why the hell did the cardinals take levi brown last year?he was no 5 overall pick, but they needed him bad.

i think BPA only applied to your actual needs. i dont disagree that atlanta needs a tackle, but they have a fanbase in atlanta thats been through hell and you dont keep them on your side by taking lineman

Don Vito
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
PERFECT Patriots draft. Vernon Gholston and Tracy Porter fit our defense perfectly, and those positions are our 2 biggest needs.

Great job for the Pats.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I like Otah, but i think there are far bigger needs than DT for the Bears at this moment, they just have been unlucky, they lost like 5

I totally agree but if the bears are picking in the top 10, i dont think DT is a big enough need there.

Once the D is healthy again, i have a feeling they'll be right back to form if they add a fewplayers for depth later on.

Oline is a much bigger need i believe since most of the guys they have are nearing eligability for AARP...

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Terrible Packers draft. I realize that Scott has McKelvin as his #2 corner, but he does not fit our system at all. I also don't like him as a prospect. To me he seems like the over hyped small school prospect that never turns out to be anything more than a nickelback. You hit the right position, wrong player.

For the second round I can't say the same. DE isn't really a need at all. We have an all-pro in Aaron Kampman on the left and a combination of Cullen Jenkins and KGB on the right. Mike Montgomery is a decent 4th DE too. It'd be a waste of a second round pick.

I understand but the packers needs arent all that great. Blake is supremely talented and since they have plenty of good players on the d-line already, it lowers the risk with taking him but maximizes the reward.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
PERFECT Patriots draft. Vernon Gholston and Tracy Porter fit our defense perfectly, and those positions are our 2 biggest needs.

Great job for the Pats.

thanks, although i was torn with the gholston pick. MLB is perhaps a bigger need than OLB but i didnt think belichick would pass on a freak like gholston. he'll find a use for him in that defensive scheme.

GB12
12-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I understand but the packers needs arent all that great. Blake is supremely talented and since they have plenty of good players on the d-line already, it lowers the risk with taking him but maximizes the reward.
Jenkins is 26, Kampman is 28, and KGB is 30. He wouldn't see the field for a long time. If we take a DE it would be a speed rusher as an eventual replacement for KGB in the 6th or 7th.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Jenkins is 26, Kampman is 28, and KGB is 30. He wouldn't see the field for a long time. If we take a DE it would be a speed rusher as an eventual replacement for KGB in the 6th or 7th.

understandable, but as evidenced by my bears this year, even the best defenses can be left vulnerable to lack of depth and injuries.

plus so many teams are using a rotation and it certainly couldnt hurt to load up the line with speed rushers on passing downs.

scar988
12-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I understand but this is my rebuttle:

if BPA is what teams draft by, then why the hell did the cardinals take levi brown last year?he was no 5 overall pick, but they needed him bad.

i think BPA only applied to your actual needs. i dont disagree that atlanta needs a tackle, but they have a fanbase in atlanta thats been through hell and you dont keep them on your side by taking lineman
Brown may not have been the #5 overall talent but you go by BPA at a need spot. RB isn't a need for the cards, but OT was. therefore they took the BPA at their OT need. much like Atlanta would in this situation.

ALSO, the easiest way to brign back the fans in Atlanta is to win. the only way we do that is by stickign to the plan of drafting BPA at need spots AKA taking Long, then BRennan. CB isn't a need. why do we take the CB i nthe 2nd?

so again, we go Long, then we go Brennan who could be much better than Woodson after a few years as a pro. the arguement for reaching on a QB makes no sense when you have the #3 player in the draft in Long at our pick, and he fits possibly a bigger need in the LT spot. again, nice try

The Legend
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Louis Holmes would be nice

GB12
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
understandable, but as evidenced by my bears this year, even the best defenses can be left vulnerable to lack of depth and injuries.

plus so many teams are using a rotation and it certainly couldnt hurt to load up the line with speed rushers on passing downs.
Losing a starter would hurt, but we have KGB behind them who was a starter for the 5 years prior to this year. That's a lot better than most teams can say.

Yes, many teams are doing that. We are one of them. We go KGB-Cullen Jenkins-Corey Williams-Aaron Kampman. Kampman is just 1.5 sacks away from the NFL lead with 12. KGB has 9.5 sacks playing strictly in those situations. I think we're set there as well.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Losing a starter would hurt, but we have KGB behind them who was a starter for the 5 years prior to this year. That's a lot better than most teams can say.

Yes, many teams are doing that. We are one of them. We go KGB-Cullen Jenkins-Corey Williams-Aaron Kampman. Kampman is just 1.5 sacks away from the NFL lead with 12. KGB has 9.5 sacks playing strictly in those situations. I think we're set there as well.

well if your so set there, where would you rather them go at that point?

Bills2083
12-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Great 1st rounder.
Not a big fan of the 2nd round pick. If we go offense in round 1, I don't want to go offense again in round 2. We need some defensive help.

I'd rather take Philip Wheeler there.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Great 1st rounder.
Not a big fan of the 2nd round pick. If we go offense in round 1, I don't want to go offense again in round 2. We need some defensive help.

I'd rather take Philip Wheeler there.

thats understandable but one thing dick jauron is good at is getting solid play out of inferior defenders. plus think about all your getting back from injuries next year. With crowell and puz, a 3rd LB will only be needed on downs where your base front is out there.

Young Legend
12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Great raider pick in round 1..

Havnt seen much of Harry Douglas to comment on him..

GB12
12-20-2007, 05:39 PM
well if your so set there, where would you rather them go at that point?
We have no depth at all at OLB. If AJ Hawk was to get injured we'd be screwed.

jsagan77
12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Great Skins Draft... Ellis and Groves in round 1 and 2 would give us an unreal DL..

diabsoule
12-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Good job with the Saints. I love both of the guys and think Goff is going to be a beast.

Now, we need an OLB or DT in rounds 3 and 4.

Beans
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Bleh to the Bucs draft. Manningham is not a first round talent, Desean and Doucet are both better there. I don't know about Henne, but I'd prefer Brennan for QB. If he's not there, LT, CB, and NT are all needs.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Bleh to the Bucs draft. Manningham is not a first round talent, Desean and Doucet are both better there. I don't know about Henne, but I'd prefer Brennan for QB. If he's not there, LT, CB, and NT are all needs.

i keep hearing people shoot down manningham but for every one of them, i hear 2 people shoot down desean and 10 shoot down doucet.

arent there any receivers anyone likes this year?

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah!! Malcolm Jenkins

BOO!!! Steve Slaton, he is overrated and a product of a system, no better of a prospect than J.J. Arrington and we know how that turned out, if you fell we must have another RB give us Forte the man is a beast, but we have much bigger needs in a 3-4 OLB, FS and OT

i was thinkin kevin smith before he decided to stay in school.

YoJoeBucsFan
12-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Bad Bucs draft.. 2 is far too many big ten offensive stuck in the mud type of players.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Bad Bucs draft.. 2 is far too many big ten offensive stuck in the mud type of players.

so tom brady is a stuck in the mud type player? santonio holmes who just had an 83 yard catch is a stuck in the mud type of player? pro-bowler braylon edwards is a stuck in the mud type of player....you see where im going with this....

DiG
12-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Great Skins Draft... Ellis and Groves in round 1 and 2 would give us an unreal DL..

i hope your joking. groves would be a terrible fit man.

Yung Flippa
12-20-2007, 08:16 PM
NO WAY the Ravens pass on Chris Long, we take him over anyone, since Troy Smith will be our future =), hopefully.
Soild 2nd Round pick

Yung Flippa
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Soild Texans pick

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
NO WAY the Ravens pass on Chris Long, we take him over anyone, since Troy Smith will be our future =), hopefully.
Soild 2nd Round pick

thats...a bit of a stretch. its good you added the hopefully.

If Billick is still around, thats possible. But don't you think smith should start this week then?

fenikz
12-20-2007, 08:28 PM
i was thinkin kevin smith before he decided to stay in school.

Forte>Smith

but still RB isn't that big of a need, unless McFadden falls to us in the 1st or Jonathan Stewart falls to us in the 2nd, I expect we won't take one until at least the 4th

Diehard
12-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm not wild about the Denver draft...

12.) Denver - OLB Keith Rivers, USC

Only if WLB ends up being the weakest link after the inevitable offseason shuffle.

11.) Denver - S Craig Steltz, LSU

Bad pick. The value is awful and FS is the real need.

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm not wild about the Denver draft...

Only if WLB ends up being the weakest link after the inevitable offseason shuffle.

shuffle? DJ is the only linebacker there not in need of being replaced immediatley

Diehard
12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
shuffle? DJ is the only linebacker there not in need of being replaced immediatley

It's not entirely clear where DJ will end up playing. He could stay in the middle, or move back to WLB depending on the whims of the coaching staff.

You're right though, once he's set in his spot we pretty much need to draft new blood around him.

Shane P. Hallam
12-20-2007, 08:58 PM
I like the Round 2 pick for Pittsburgh. Connor, in what seems to be a 3-4 sticking around for awhile may be troublesome. I mean, if you want to go WR or OT, that would probably be better, but overall, pretty good mock :)

BeerBaron
12-20-2007, 09:13 PM
I like the Round 2 pick for Pittsburgh. Connor, in what seems to be a 3-4 sticking around for awhile may be troublesome. I mean, if you want to go WR or OT, that would probably be better, but overall, pretty good mock :)

yeah, but at that point in the first round i think connor has real value. hes a good all around defender who doesnt miss on tackles and things like that. a good fundamental player that can find a role in any defense i think.

Babylon
12-20-2007, 09:33 PM
i keep hearing people shoot down manningham but for every one of them, i hear 2 people shoot down desean and 10 shoot down doucet.

arent there any receivers anyone likes this year?

I think after the allstar games and the combine the receivers will rank;

Malcolm Kelley
Jordy Nelson
Early Doucet
Desean Jackson
Mario Manningham
Adarius Bowman

With the 1st 4 being potential first rounders.

PACKmanN
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
give us Felix Jones or Tyrell Thomas in the first and Beau Bell in the second for the packers.

johbur
12-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I like this Packers draft, in that it follows what TT might do. He takes BPA if there is not an area he needs to address. If Tommy Blake were available in R2, I could fully see TT taking him and giving him the same time Harrell has had to develop. Harrell wasn't needed for this year. He's hardly played. But he has great potential and slid due to an injury, just like Blake. I'd rather have a CB and an R2 TE, but that's me.

McKelvin would be a steal for R1. He's fast, has average size and is also good at Teams. He is SO a TT type of guy: good measurables, productive college career, small school.

Don Killuminati
12-21-2007, 06:55 AM
7.) Oakland - WR Harry Douglas, Louisville -A good player despite being undersized who could become a favored target of Jamarcus Russell in the future. Is he really that much different than Johnny Lee Higgins? Much rather jump on the value here. Someone like Quentin Groves.

Finsfan79
12-21-2007, 07:56 AM
dont care much for the miami pick makes more sense for glenn dorsey with parcells coming and all normally he can find efficient QBs (which beck projects to be) with a dominating defense and offensive lines.

a QB pick is counter to his normal style of picks

gdamac
12-21-2007, 09:42 AM
C. Long at the 8th slot would be awesome, I would prefer James Hardy or Limas Sweed in the 2nd though, is Hardy not declaring? Wouldn't mind a DT or OLB there either.

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 04:38 PM
dont care much for the miami pick makes more sense for glenn dorsey with parcells coming and all normally he can find efficient QBs (which beck projects to be) with a dominating defense and offensive lines.

Its possible but where does Dorsey fit in with parcells normal style of going 34 on defense?

id imagine that if he had it his way, theyd find another tony romo but im not sure they have 4 years to let a guy ride the bench and learn...

thebow305
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
ehh, it's possible... rather have Gholston for the phins though and I think Parcells will too.

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
ehh, it's possible... rather have Gholston for the phins though and I think Parcells will too.

also possible, even if the OSU fans on the board truthfully believe that, win or lose, thier entire team is going to be back. HA!

wouldn't surprise me if they won and every draft eligable member of the team took off for the NFL

TitanHope
12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Good Titans picks. Campbell and Sweed would be great in those situations.

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Good Titans picks. Campbell and Sweed would be great in those situations.

yeah, if sweed runs bad i think he'll fall that far easily ala dwayne jarrett (whose absence from the carolina offense this year leads me to believe hes still running that 40...)

TitanHope
12-21-2007, 06:22 PM
I hope he runs faster than a 4.6 40 like Scott has him listed, but 4.55-ish seems likely. Even though, the reunion between him and Young would be nice. I just don't like the pick of him in the 1st RD, but hey, we need a good WR so I'm not gonna be picky.

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 06:25 PM
I hope he runs faster than a 4.6 40 like Scott has him listed, but 4.55-ish seems likely. Even though, the reunion between him and Young would be nice. I just don't like the pick of him in the 1st RD, but hey, we need a good WR so I'm not gonna be picky.

lol, well then i guess your hoping he runs bad enough for the bears not to consider him in the first round but not too badly that he looks like a bad pick wherever he is selected.

i agree that i dont think hes first round talent but he will do well as a #2 possession type receiver wherever he is picked.

TitanHope
12-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Even if he runs well, I don't think the Bears would pick him. They're looking at a mid-1st RD or earlier pick. Sweed there would be a reach over WR's like Jackson and Kelly.

I think Sweed's a last-1st/early-2nd RD value. We already have a similar receiver in Justin Gage, so it won't be horrible if he's picked before us. There are other quality WR's. It's just the Texas connection with him and Young is intriguing.

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Even if he runs well, I don't think the Bears would pick him. They're looking at a mid-1st RD or earlier pick. Sweed there would be a reach over WR's like Jackson and Kelly.

I think Sweed's a last-1st/early-2nd RD value. We already have a similar receiver in Justin Gage, so it won't be horrible if he's picked before us. There are other quality WR's. It's just the Texas connection with him and Young is intriguing.

oh yeah, no, i never really wanted him to the bears anyway. if the bears take a WR that early, id hope it to be a speedier guy since theyve been too reluctant to incorporate hester fully into the offense.

but thats if the go receiver which im hoping against that early

d34ng3l021
12-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Thats a pretty terrible Falcon mock. Woodson is not worth a top5 pick. If Hall leaves, we will have another pick, and I garauntee you that we will address CB in the first round if need be. Wheeler is an okay pick. I dont know too much about him, but we have alot of other needs than to take an OLB. And btw, Keith Brooking plays MLB.

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Thats a pretty terrible Falcon mock. Woodson is not worth a top5 pick. If Hall leaves, we will have another pick, and I garauntee you that we will address CB in the first round if need be. Wheeler is an okay pick. I dont know too much about him, but we have alot of other needs than to take an OLB. And btw, Keith Brooking plays MLB.

yeah i was originally going to have them take a mlb there but then switched to an olb and forgot to take out the reasoning.

but still youve got boley and an aging brooking...LB has to be a need somewhere

iloxygenil
12-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I think you hate the Falcons...

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I think you hate the Falcons...

not so but i do think several falcons fans have lost the ability to discern reality.

i realize the mistake now on the CB selection but i really think a QB is by far and away the biggest need, regardless of value. If they trade down and grab one good for them. If not, theyre only setting thier franchise back further by not going QB

scar988
12-21-2007, 08:43 PM
not so but i do think several falcons fans have lost the ability to discern reality.

i realize the mistake now on the CB selection but i really think a QB is by far and away the biggest need, regardless of value. If they trade down and grab one good for them. If not, theyre only setting thier franchise back further by not going QB

so you think us reaching on the 20th best player in the draft at #4! makes sense? no. we would trade back up into the first if you really think we get a QB in the first. I can see that going down. I just can't see us wasting our top 5 pick on a guy who isn't worth it.
it sets your franchise back by not goign with people who are worth the picks at the right picks.

YoJoeBucsFan
12-22-2007, 09:09 AM
so tom brady is a stuck in the mud type player? santonio holmes who just had an 83 yard catch is a stuck in the mud type of player? pro-bowler braylon edwards is a stuck in the mud type of player....you see where im going with this....

When I think of Big 10 offensive players drafted by the Buccaneers I think of Marquise Walker, besides Gruden has had enough offense picks to last 4 years, we need defense.

Travis 24
12-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Weak Eagles draft...didn't address the 2 biggest area's of need

Don Killuminati
12-22-2007, 10:28 AM
the biggest need, regardless of value.

Bad juju, regardless of which team you're talking about.

thebow305
12-22-2007, 12:09 PM

agreed... i like williams and barrett ok but its not likely that he passes on a hybrid and 3-4 lineman with all of his first 3 picks.

The OUTLAW
12-22-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't think there is any chance that the Browns draft Hart. He's an undersized oft injured power back. That's not a good combination for the NFL and a terrible one for a second round pick. Not to mention the Browns biggest needs by far are on the defensive line.

BaLLiN
12-23-2007, 10:52 AM
like giants picks

Gay Ork Wang
12-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I totally agree but if the bears are picking in the top 10, i dont think DT is a big enough need there.

Once the D is healthy again, i have a feeling they'll be right back to form if they add a fewplayers for depth later on.

Oline is a much bigger need i believe since most of the guys they have are nearing eligability for AARP...
i was referring to the 2nd Rounder :P