PDA

View Full Version : LeCharles Bentley Career May Be Done

The Legend
02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
he miss last and will miss this year also they even say look out for his career to be done

watch out for him to be let go

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/4567235.html

jag
02-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Cleveland is cursed, no way around it.

flave1969
02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I feel really bad for him, a really good solid player, and the Browns.

Beans
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
That always sucks.

Shiver
02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Gary Baxter, too. What is it, with the Browns, with knee injuries?

Ace
02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Hint to the FA's, don't sign with the Browns. If you do, then prepare for the Browns curse of getting injuried.

remix 6
02-20-2007, 05:20 PM
i wonder if Doss and Troy Smith still wanna play for the Browns

The Legend
02-20-2007, 05:33 PM
maybe they need to fix the field

Splat
02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Pretty weak.

PackerFan20
02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
The Art Modell Curse

jetsfan3
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Damn he was so valuable in Madden, a good young center, but now I have Mangold so no worries there. If the Browns really had feelings for prospects in the draft, then they should forfeit all of their day one picks.

TheChampIsHere
02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
man that is horrible. I remember how big of a signing he was last year. He was an elite OL got a huge contract and on the day he was signed it was like the day Clevelands franchsise turned around...and then he never plays a game for them.

Sveen
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah. You can't not wonder if the Browns are cursed. They get one of the best OC to come home and play for them and he might end up not playing a single game for them.

mcdlaxbonz13
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
im surprised no one has mentioned the problem that cleveland has at the hospital they send their players to. it seems everyone that has surgery their gets a staph(spelling) infection.

The Legend
02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
should he be let go?

why pay someone for 2 years maybe more if they cant play

Vikes99ej
02-20-2007, 06:22 PM
That sucks. Wasn't he relatively young, too?

Splat
02-20-2007, 06:31 PM

I believe he is around 26 or 27?

jetsfan3
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM

I believe he is around 26 or 27?

dlions20
02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Cleveland Knee injuries of late....

Bentley
Edwards
Winslow
baxter
Sean Jones
etc....

We also ended Chris Speilmans career with an injury along with Jamir Miller and others.

I love Cleveland, but we have set the NFL record for injuries 2 times in a row acouple years ago.

At one point with Butch Davis, we had 9 starters on D out with injuries and thats not including the offense.

last year McGinest, Andra Davis, and rookie Dqwell Jackson were all hurt at LB for games here and there. Baxter was gone for the season 2 years in a row basically. Jourovicious got hurt, both of our gaurds didnt finish the season, our starting RT Ryan Tucker missed most of the end of the season, Droughns was out a game or so, Charlie Frye missed 4 or so games, Leigh Bodden was out for 3 or so, Russel ended the season hurt!

WHAT GIVES? It wouldnt madder if we did have a good team, there never all on the field for more than 1 game. I dont think we can draft Adrien Peterson for this reason.

PoopSandwich
02-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Browns won't let go of him, hes an amazing center... Fraley will be re-signed for what I hope is 3 years, and then I hope we get Bentley back and re-install him as a guard.

Fraley was our best player on the o-line, if you can put Bentley with him at guard, as well as Dielman or Steinbach, draft 2 o-lineman this year and let them learn the system, then you have a much improved o-line by 2008, which will be the year the Browns play for a playoff spot.

It's horrible news that he has to go through this, just good that it isn't when were making a huge push for a title or anything.

CC.SD
02-20-2007, 07:09 PM
I told him he should have signed with San Diego.

themaninblack
02-20-2007, 07:42 PM
feel bad for the guy because is a St. Ignatius guy who just wanted to come home and play for his hometown.

mpindo3
02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
sounds like a S&C problem to me. they need new trainers apparently.

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 08:03 PM
it's terrible for everyone involved! :cry:

ckr50702
02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
I don't understand why they just don't wear knee braces. Nick Mangold wears them and you saw how they saved him in the playoff game vs. the Patriots. His knee was akwardly bent. Even if it's uncomfortable, what's 3 hours compared to 1 year of rehab.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4494/newbcardinals5wp.jpg

keylime_5
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, if you sign with or are drafted by the Browns you might as well retire and save your body the trouble.

keylime_5
02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
sounds like a S&C problem to me. they need new trainers apparently.

Thing is with like 3 different training staffs over the past 6 years and players are getting hurt just as much with everyone, if not more.

jetsfan3
02-20-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't understand why they just don't wear knee braces. Nick Mangold wears them and you saw how they saved him in the playoff game vs. the Patriots. His knee was akwardly bent. Even if it's uncomfortable, what's 3 hours compared to 1 year of rehab.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4494/newbcardinals5wp.jpg

You know you don't have to post your signature, you can set it so it is automatically attached with all of your posts. PM me if you're unsure about that and need help.

I remember that, a field goal and his leg got caught and someone fell on his knee. I was very scared as he limped off the field, but, as always, came back and dominated.

Vince Lombardi
02-20-2007, 10:14 PM
man, another big set back for the Browns, Hopefully he can come back in another year after another surgery.

Komp
02-21-2007, 12:06 AM
It's whatever is in the Lake Erie tapwater that is doing it....I feel bad for Lecharles and the Browns....their fans are hardcore and deserve to have a winning franchise more than once every 20 years. With Crennel at the helm [and Braylon, Winslow] it is getting better, but they still have a long ways to go. GL to the Browns, they are a team I'd like to see doing a bit better.

themaninblack
02-21-2007, 12:33 AM
slowing down the pace in practice could help. the pace theyre at obviously isn't working.

Caddy
02-21-2007, 01:18 AM
This would be a terrible shame. He was one of the top centres in the league before the injury and hopefully he recovers.

eliteeagle
02-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Damn he was so valuable in Madden, a good young center, but now I have Mangold so no worries there. If the Browns really had feelings for prospects in the draft, then they should forfeit all of their day one picks.

yeah those Wimbley and Jackson guys are bums

eliteeagle
02-21-2007, 03:28 AM
hopefully he will be back next year......

hes the difference between the browns and a team like the Steelers...

Rothlesburger is going 40 on a motorcycle crashes into blacktop misses 0 games

Winslow is going 10 hits a curb falls into a freakin bush and misses a year

Screw you Modell

jetsfan3
02-21-2007, 06:53 AM

yeah those Wimbley and Jackson guys are bums

Just be patient...

PoopSandwich
02-21-2007, 08:44 AM
slowing down the pace in practice could help. the pace theyre at obviously isn't working.

It was the very first snap of training camp, there was no pace.

stl9erfan
02-21-2007, 10:22 AM

Screw you Modell

big ben went thru a windshield too. and wasnt K2's first injury the 2nd to last play of whatever game it was?

Poet3334
02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Maybe this is the cause of all those knee injuries.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

As a practical matter, the announcement and comments from G.M. Phil Savage puts the apparent epidemic of staph infections suffered by Browns players back into the limelight as the period approaches for trying to lure veteran players to town.

Then again, perhaps this was the team's effort to polish the proverbial turd by addressing publicly the issue that other teams undoubtedly are poised to use against the Browns as teams and agents begin in earnest the wink-nod phase of contract discussions while gathered for the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Along these lines, the team announced that a "glaze" to prevent staph infections will be applied this week at the team's training facility.

Question. Why the hell wasn't this done sooner?

GermanSaint
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
these are not really "news"

PoopSandwich
02-21-2007, 05:42 PM

Screw you Modell

big ben went thru a windshield too. and wasnt K2's first injury the 2nd to last play of whatever game it was?

No, it was an onside PUNT and two of his teammates fell on his leg and snapped it with 16 seconds left in the game :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Geo
02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't know who I hate more: the Cleveland Clinic, who has seen a startling number of staph infections among recovering Browns players, or the Cleveland Browns themselves for continuing to associate with the Cleveland Clinic.

At least bring in a third party to investigate the situation for crying out loud (the only analysis of note coming from the Cleveland Clinic themselves, which is a joke). The health of the franchise isn't just in jeopardy, the players' careers are as well as LeCharles Bentley can unfortunately attest. Fools.

Donno
02-21-2007, 08:23 PM
The Browns just have bad luck, I feel bad for them because when I was little I waiting for Couch to be good.

SaintsMan
02-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I guess we'll never get to see how overrated this guy is. Oh well, best of luck LB

Saints67
02-21-2007, 10:06 PM
it seemed like...

ever since he ran his mouth, before he hit FA...bashing the saints and FO...that his career has gone down the tube.

hmmmm, good luck LB.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
it seemed like...

ever since he ran his mouth, before he hit FA...bashing the saints and FO...that his career has gone down the tube.

hmmmm, good luck LB.
Yet another sign that just because New Orleans got hit by a Hurricane their fans are no less assholes than anywhere else.

Cwood8899
02-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I think we should trade all our day 1 picks so that we have like 20 something late round picks. So that way when 90% of them get hurt in training camp, we'll still have 2 rookies left. :P

SaintsMan
02-22-2007, 01:15 AM
it seemed like...

hmmmm, good luck LB.
Yet another sign that just because New Orleans got hit by a Hurricane their fans are no less assholes than anywhere else.

Bentley bashed the Saints FO, later signed with the Browns, had a injury and his career might be over.

That is all true, I see no reason to bash Saints Fans and bring up Katrina.

Poet3334
02-22-2007, 10:23 AM
these are not really "news"

:?

ckr50702
02-23-2007, 12:01 AM
it seemed like...

hmmmm, good luck LB.

Bentley bashed the Saints FO, later signed with the Browns, had a injury and his career might be over.

That is all true, I see no reason to bash Saints Fans and bring up Katrina.

It's something that Faine gets traded and has a Pro Bowl season in New Orleans. But in the AFC north, they have huge DT's.