View Full Version : The Transfer Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

SuperKevin
12-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Post key transfers in this thread

RB LaMarcus Coker has transferred from Tennesee to Hampton
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_hucoker_1221dec21,0,6693864.story

Iowa WR Dominique Douglas is transferring
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/12/17/bc.fbc.hawkeyestransfer.ap/

Turtlepower
12-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Louisville RB Anthony Allen to Transfer (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3153639)

RyanLeaf#1
12-22-2007, 10:20 AM
This isn't a transfer, but after the season Ben Mauk will petition for a 6th year of eligibility.

Turtlepower
12-22-2007, 02:04 PM
This isn't a transfer, but after the season Ben Mauk will petition for a 6th year of eligibility.

Good move by him. Next year's QB class is pathetic and he has a much better chance of being drafted next year. This year he is borderline draftable.

Canadian_kid16
12-22-2007, 03:53 PM
how can you petition for a 6th year if you aren't given a medical redshirt? Like on what grounds could they let you come back?

SuperKevin
12-22-2007, 05:14 PM
how can you petition for a 6th year if you aren't given a medical redshirt? Like on what grounds could they let you come back?

He missed like 2 years at Wake Forest due to injury

iowatreat54
12-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Iowa WR Dominique Douglas is transferring
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/12/17/bc.fbc.hawkeyestransfer.ap/

he has to stay out of jail first...and that whole probation thing prolly won't let him leave the state of iowa, but we'll see...

Turtlepower
12-22-2007, 05:55 PM
he has to stay out of jail first...and that whole probation thing prolly won't let him leave the state of iowa, but we'll see...

He can always go to Iowa State. =D

iowatreat54
12-22-2007, 06:02 PM
He can always go to Iowa State. =D

true...but he would sit out a year, then have one year left...plus rumor is he is looking to go east coast (namely Rutgers)...but again, he has trial in like january or february where he will find out how much trouble he is in, and speculation is that he will at least be on probation, therefore prolly not allowing him to transfer out of state

but other Iowa players transferring:

Freshman CB Cedric Everson (former 4* last year)
RS Freshman MLB Abe Satterfield
Sophomore WR Anthony Bowman

and probable but I don't know if it's confirmed:
Freshman RB Jevon Pugh

Rich Jr
12-22-2007, 11:00 PM
how can you petition for a 6th year if you aren't given a medical redshirt? Like on what grounds could they let you come back?Kirsten Pittman DE for LSU may be petitioning for an additional year of eligibility as well.

Jonny
12-23-2007, 12:54 AM
He's not going to Rutgers, I don't know how that rumor got started. True, we did take an Iowa transfer a few years ago (who was from NJ), but we absolutely don't need any WRs right now, and Schiano tends to stay away from character problems.

Plus, we don't recruit the midwest at all.

WildDude
12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm definately very curious to see where Bobbie Reid will end up seeing hes elgible to play next year as he could be considered a graduate student...

James Bryant a FB from the U will tear it up next year at U of L as a Linebacker his natural position...

I have alot on the top of my head but i dont know much of people transfering this year, does anyone know if Demetrius Jones who transfered to Cincy will be eligible to play from the start next year? well its a possibility that Ben Mauk wont be granted that Medical redshirt.

bwillie26
12-28-2007, 12:57 AM
IIRC, Demetrius should be eligible as I believe players only have to sit out one semester if they transfer. The winter semester would be that for him.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

BigJohn98
12-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Damon McDaniel is transferring from Florida State.

bwillie26
12-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Kirby Freeman is trying to go to Baylor.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2007/12/28/12282007wacbears.html

etk
12-28-2007, 09:08 PM

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2007/12/28/12282007wacbears.html

Who cares? Freeman couldn't start at a D3 school.

bwillie26
12-28-2007, 09:41 PM
So "DA U" = D4 school now?

WildDude
12-29-2007, 12:56 AM
not excatly smart on freemans move i mean Miami is developing into a good team... Freeman probally figured he'd never get that starting job the way he played hopefully he can realize his potential at Baylor hes got alot of talent... but more competition at Baylor, whos gonna start for the U next year? Marve? is he even fully recovered?

WildDude
12-29-2007, 01:17 AM
... on another note you will not find anyone who would succeed in that offense last year Kyle Wright is basically a talented QB as well as Kirby and if neither did well then i question the offense not them... they seem to have all the pieces in place but cant put them together, sorry i know this is the transfer thread i just wanted to make a note about Kirby's transfer thats all... Damon McDaniel transfering? hmm i take he was one of those who were inelgible that game, seems like a VT candiate? he seems like one who wants to be the man so hampton? haha

also Joshua Tatum is going to end up in the U i dont know if this is new or whatnot

oregonbucfan
12-29-2007, 03:14 AM
Cameron Colvin is petioning for a 5th year

jbeans187
12-29-2007, 11:27 AM
rumor has it munir prince asked for a release from ND and is looking at mizzou and Wis. And for the above posts, Freeman is awful, i cant get that 1 for 14 game he had out of my head, after that they compared his qb stats with McFaddens, thats embarassing.

jbeans187
12-29-2007, 11:30 AM

Its official

WildDude
12-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Cameron Colvin is petioning for a 5th year

He definately should get it seeing he was injured most of his carrer and he has ALOT of talent being a #1 WR outta high school

volman88
12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Lamarcus Coker really didnt transfer he got kicked off the team for marijuana. I believe

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Lamarcus Coker really didnt transfer he got kicked off the team for marijuana. I believe

It's still a transfer seeing how he changed schools

neko4
12-30-2007, 12:21 AM

Post key transfers in this thread

RB LaMarcus Coker has transferred from Tennesee to Hampton
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_hucoker_1221dec21,0,6693864.story

Another Hampton first day pick, go Pirates!

Damon McDaniel is transferring from Florida State.

Shoulda went with Percy to FLorida

oregonbucfan
12-30-2007, 03:04 AM
He definately should get it seeing he was injured most of his carrer and he has ALOT of talent being a #1 WR outta high school

I hope, he was coming on as a solid WR right before he went down. Him and Jasion Williams could have huge bounce back years next year IMO

SuperKevin
12-30-2007, 03:06 AM
I hope, he was coming on as a solid WR right before he went down. Him and Jasion Williams could have huge bounce back years next year IMO

Provided whoever is playing QB is any good of course

BigJohn98
12-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Shoulda went with Percy to FLorida

He still would have transferred even if he went to Florida. His girlfriend had a son and he wants to move closer to home to be with his son.

oregonbucfan
12-31-2007, 06:06 AM
Provided whoever is playing QB is any good of course

Well if Nic Costa the backup to Dixon (who torn his acl 3 weeks before him) played these last few games, they probably dont lose the last 3. He actually played Dixon = in the summer. They say hes a Kellen Clemens clone. So I expect if he can come back and be close to 100% we should be ok

aheineken
01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but wide receiver Jarred Fayson is transferring from Florida to Illinois.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2007/12/fayson-will-tra.html

Tampa 2 4 life
01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
USF Backup LB Donte Spires is looking into transferring,

SchizophrenicBatman
01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm definately very curious to see where Bobbie Reid will end up seeing hes elgible to play next year as he could be considered a graduate student...

James Bryant a FB from the U will tear it up next year at U of L as a Linebacker his natural position...

I have alot on the top of my head but i dont know much of people transfering this year, does anyone know if Demetrius Jones who transfered to Cincy will be eligible to play from the start next year? well its a possibility that Ben Mauk wont be granted that Medical redshirt.

i thought the NCAA changed the graduate rule after Urban Meyer took a bunch of DBs from his Utah team to Florida

WildDude
01-01-2008, 09:39 PM
they did but noone really did it before till after Urban did it then many have done it, Richard Kolavacheck to vandy, Ben Mauk, and several others...

SuperKevin
01-02-2008, 03:03 PM
FSU RB Russell Ball has transferred to Prarie View A&M

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880101008

kwilk103
01-03-2008, 12:13 PM
mallett to ucla

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080103/SPORTS17/265555016

Scotty D
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
mallett to ucla

Speculation.

But wtf? Jesus.

RyanLeaf#1
01-03-2008, 12:55 PM
mallett to ucla

I wonder how true this is.

WildDude
01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
as i said in the recruiting thread, GREAT move playin under a great coach opposed to one who you dont even know how long he'll stick around...

Scotty D
01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I heard talk that he may be able to play next year due to a rule about a coaching change. Anyone know anything about this?

bwillie26
01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I knew Mallett was transferring, but the one team I had not heard was UCLA. I know he contacted Nebraska, Arkansas, Alabama and Houston. From what I knew, Houston was the odds on favorite to land him as that was who he had the most contact with over the last few weeks.

SuperKevin
01-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I knew Mallett was transferring, but the one team I had not heard was UCLA. I know he contacted Nebraska, Arkansas, Alabama and Houston. From what I knew, Houston was the odds on favorite to land him as that was who he had the most contact with over the last few weeks.

Yeah but UCLA now has Neuheisel who is known as a solid QB coach. That is probably a big factor in his decision

P-L
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Word around here is that Mallett is leaving, although I'm not sure if it's to UCLA...

SuperKevin
01-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Word around here is that Mallett is leaving, although I'm not sure if it's to UCLA...

At least now Rich Rodriguez might be able to run his spread offense

Don Vito
01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Mallet to UCLA is said to be close to a done deal. Don't burn me because I do not have a link but I will post one when I get it

jag
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I heard the deal is as good as done. And let me be the first to say, WOW. Thank you Rick, for making UCLA relevant once again.

SuperKevin
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I heard the deal is as good as done. And let me be the first to say, WOW. Thank you Rick, for making UCLA relevant once again.

Rick Neuheisel will have UCLA beack in the top 5 recruiting within 2 years.

jag
01-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Rick Neuheisel will have UCLA beack in the top 5 recruiting within 2 years.

He makes me wanna cream.

WildDude
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
he's gonna be great, at last USC will have some competition recruiting

portermvp84
01-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Amari Spievey is transferring from Iowa Central to Iowa.

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Notre Dame RB Munir Prince is apparently transferring to Mizzou. He'll sit next year and will be a junior in 09.

Good get for Pinkel, you can never have enough quality RBs.

TheSchmidt
01-08-2008, 12:10 AM
From Florida:

TE Trent Pupello
RB Chevon Waller
RB Bo Williams

Will be transferring after this season.

etk
01-08-2008, 09:30 AM
From Florida:

TE Trent Pupello
RB Chevon Waller
RB Bo Williams

No Deonte Thompson? Shoot.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-08-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but wide receiver Jarred Fayson is transferring from Florida to Illinois.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2007/12/fayson-will-tra.html

no. 3 Receiver his SR year ? wow. He's a Sophomore now so if he sits a year he will just have his SR year to play? OR can they redshirt him this year and he'll have two years of eligibility to play? Illinois needs another receiver to put next to Benn for more than a year. Zook is probably amped about this.

VoteLynnSwan
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
no. 3 Receiver his SR year ? wow. He's a Sophomore now so if he sits a year he will just have his SR year to play? OR can they redshirt him this year and he'll have two years of eligibility to play? Illinois needs another receiver to put next to Benn for more than a year. Zook is probably amped about this.

he'd redshirt, and be eligible for two years, he's start out in 2009 as a rsJR

Illinois has two (perhaps three if Kenny Tate commits) real talented WR recruits coming in, and we have some talent on the roster as well, Juice will have plenty of reliable options next year.

RyanLeaf#1
01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Tennessee a possibility for Mallet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3188170

etk
01-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Tennessee a possibility for Mallet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3188170

No, I don't think so. He's not fast enough for the SEC.

SuperKevin
01-09-2008, 04:47 PM

Yes but his OC and QB coach at Michigan are expected to go to Tennessee. He's supposedly leaning heavily towards Tennessee with Arkansas, Texas A&M, and UCLa also in the mix

TitanHope
01-09-2008, 07:57 PM

And Erik Ainge was?

Tennessee always has a good OLine, due to Fulmer being a former OLineman. Mallett would be fine.

DeBord and Loeffler are both in the running for positions on UT's staff, and both were in Knoxville Teusday for interviews. I assume Loeffler would be interviewing for QB Coach and DeBord for OC. Loeffler for QB's is great and I believe he's a very good recruiter, but I don't know much about DeBord. He coached TE's before being an OC, so him at that position would be fine too.

If any Michigan fan has any info on these two guys, that would be great.

SuperKevin
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Could a Tennessee fan tell me what this means for Jonathan Crompton? He's going to be a Junior next year right?

P-L
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
And Erik Ainge was?

Tennessee always has a good OLine, due to Fulmer being a former OLineman. Mallett would be fine.

DeBord and Loeffler are both in the running for positions on UT's staff, and both were in Knoxville Teusday for interviews. I assume Loeffler would be interviewing for QB Coach and DeBord for OC. Loeffler for QB's is great and I believe he's a very good recruiter, but I don't know much about DeBord. He coached TE's before being an OC, so him at that position would be fine too.

I'm really surprised Lefty isn't getting any consideration for an Offensive Coordinator job. He's one of the best QB Coaches in the country. I really, really wanted Rich Rod to keep him around. I think he's the biggest loss of everyone we fired. Every QB who has played at Michigan since Loeffler has been there has been drafted, with most having shown at least a little success at the pro level. Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Tom Brady, John Navarre, Matt Gutierrez (finished his career at Idaho), and Chad Henne (not yet drafted, but will be) can credit some, if not most of their success to Lefty.

Mike DeBORED is awful at Offensive Coordinator. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd want my team to stay as far away as possible from this guy. His play-calling is so bad and unpredictable, it's beyond frustrating.

etk
01-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes but his OC and QB coach at Michigan are expected to go to Tennessee. He's supposedly leaning heavily towards Tennessee with Arkansas, Texas A&M, and UCLa also in the mix

And Erik Ainge was?

Are you guys serious? It's a freaking joke, I personally think Mallett should go to Tennessee, with Arkansas as a 2nd choice to consider.

Tampa 2 4 life
01-09-2008, 10:00 PM

Jamarcus Russell sure had that blazing speed...

Tampa 2 4 life
01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
From Florida:

TE Trent Pupello
RB Chevon Waller
RB Bo Williams

Pupello = USF

Great move, I hear the USF benches are comfier than the UF one's...

etk
01-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Charlie Jones, Dajleon Farr & Doug Wiggins are all expected to transfer from Miami.

Farr is expected at Memphis & Wiggins is looking at Western Michigan.

AllanO444
01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Could a Tennessee fan tell me what this means for Jonathan Crompton? He's going to be a Junior next year right?

Yea. He'd start next year. And then when Mallett is eligable in 2009 Crompton would be a senior, and Mallett a RS sophmore. I'd guess Crompton would keep the starting job for that year if he was producing then Mallett would start the 2 years after him.

WildDude
01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Charlie Jones, Dajleon Farr & Doug Wiggins are all expected to transfer from Miami.

Farr is expected at Memphis & Wiggins is looking at Western Michigan.

wait i thought Charlie Jones was a senior? and he never redshirted right?

jayceheathman
01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Joe McKnight and Michael Crabtree are tranfering to NMSU to team up with Chase Holbrook. :) :)

A man can dream.

TitanHope
01-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm really surprised Lefty isn't getting any consideration for an Offensive Coordinator job. He's one of the best QB Coaches in the country. I really, really wanted Rich Rod to keep him around. I think he's the biggest loss of everyone we fired. Every QB who has played at Michigan since Loeffler has been there has been drafted, with most having shown at least a little success at the pro level. Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Tom Brady, John Navarre, Matt Gutierrez (finished his career at Idaho), and Chad Henne (not yet drafted, but will be) can credit some, if not most of their success to Lefty.

Mike DeBORED is awful at Offensive Coordinator. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd want my team to stay as far away as possible from this guy. His play-calling is so bad and unpredictable, it's beyond frustrating.

Many news sources have stated that Dave Clawson, former HC for the Richmond Spiders, has accepted the OC position. So no Mike BeBord unless he agrees to be the TE/WR coach. Though, I would still love to land Loeffler as the QB coach. Though, there are now reports that UCLA is going after the UM guys heavily. I think Loeffler is being offered the OC position, which would draw Mallett to likely transfer to UCLA. Not sure of DeBord's coaching fate, though, or if DeBord would be OC and Loeffler would be QB coach. But it would be interesting to see how the UM guys would mesh with Neuheisel.

If Loeffler decides to come to UT, I would be extremely happy.

Yup, Crompton will be a junior. He saw some playing time this year, and wasn't too impressive. He did play a bit his freshman year, and did well for a freshy. But, to say that I have much confidence in him being our starting QB would be a lie. It'll be a battle between him and B.J. Coleman for the starting spot next year, but since Cro is the junior, he'll probably start.

If Mallett comes to UT, he'll be avaiable during Crompton's senior year. I think Cro would start as a senior, but Mallett would see playing time. After Cro graduates, Mallett would start as a junior and senior, if he doesn't forgo it and enter the Draft early. But you never know. Mallett could beat out Cro for the starting spot.

etk
01-10-2008, 08:51 PM
wait i thought Charlie Jones was a senior? and he never redshirted right?

He was injured in fall practice and I think we redshirted him. All I know is he's transferring, so he must be taking advantage of the graduating Senior rule like Kirby Freeman did.

keylime_5
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Ohio State QB Robbie Schoenhoft to Delaware, WR Albert Dukes to Appalachian State.

D-Fence
01-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Rumor has it Ryan Mallett is in College Station for a visit this weekend...

Everything I've seen has his dad wanting him enrolled and taking classes starting Monday, so he's really taking this one down to the wire.

WildDude
01-12-2008, 02:50 AM

Everything I've seen has his dad wanting him enrolled and taking classes starting Monday, so he's really taking this one down to the wire.

ah that'd suck cause i had high hopes for Jerrod Johnson the next Vince Young I seriously think his best bet is UCLA

BamaFalcon59
01-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Some of yall can't tell when someone is using sarcasm.

SuperKevin
01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Xavier Lee didn't enroll in spring classes so he will no longer be playing at FSU. He may transfer or declare for the draft.

asmitty45
01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
whats the deal with keith nicol? rumor has it he is looking to transfer adn we'd love to have him in east lansing.

NOSH
01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Mallet to UCLA (not sure if it is "official" yet). Good for him. He'll actually be in a good conference and play for HC that knows what he is doing.

oregonbucfan
01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Mallet to UCLA (not sure if it is "official" yet). Good for him. He'll actually be in a good conference and play for HC that knows what he is doing.

I wish he would stay out of the pac-10. I hate fucla now with the hiring of the scumbag Rick

01-13-2008, 01:34 AM
I wish he would stay out of the pac-10. I hate fucla now with the hiring of the scumbag Rick

Watch out! UCLA is slowly creeping up on Oregon.

oregonbucfan
01-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Watch out! UCLA is slowly creeping up on Oregon.

slowly creeping? hahaha yeah Ill believe it when I see it. Maybe cal but not oregon

JRTPlaya21
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Rob Schoenhoft to Delaware

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3195112

P-L
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
You're going to need a source for that Mallett to UCLA, because I'm hearing he's going to Arkansas.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 10:12 PM
This is a bit of old news, but Notre Dame offensive lineman Matt Carufel (soph) transfered to Minnesota. He was highly sought after coming out of high school but only started a few games at Notre Dame (and judging by the play of their entire offensive line probably didn't do so well).

He decided Minnesota over Iowa.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 10:14 PM
slowly creeping? hahaha yeah Ill believe it when I see it. Maybe cal but not oregon
Hey I remember you!! Weren't you the one that talked mad **** about how great the Bucs were two years ago in the playoffs, only to see them lose to the Redskins, then left and haven't been back for two years?

Yeah...that was funny.

etk
01-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey I remember you!! Weren't you the one that talked mad **** about how great the Bucs were two years ago in the playoffs, only to see them lose to the Redskins, then left and haven't been back for two years?

Yeah...that was funny.

No it wasn't. That was one of the most despicable offensive performances in the history of the sport. We still haven't fired Chucky too...

MIZZOU
01-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Notre Dame RB Munir Prince is apparently transferring to Mizzou. He'll sit next year and will be a junior in 09.

Good get for Pinkel, you can never have enough quality RBs.

The Domers moved Prince to CB, word has it the staff will keep him there. Good get none the less, just like RB's you can never have enough depth in the Secondary.

WildDude
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Xavier Lee finally leaving FSU after they asked him to move to TE ouch...

any word on where he may go?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3195763

Brent
01-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh for poop's sake please come to TAMU!

Brent
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
ah that'd suck cause i had high hopes for Jerrod Johnson the next Vince Young I seriously think his best bet is UCLA
I have hopes for Jerrod, too, but I don't know if the system that Sherman is bringing will be to his benefit... and the competition couldn't hurt.

KCJ58
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Xavier Lee finally leaving FSU after they asked him to move to TE ouch...

any word on where he may go?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3195763

word is he might go to the draft...

yea it's ok to laugh

mpt117
01-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Former Michigan QB Ryan Mallett transferring to Arkansas. Its on the front page on rivals.com

P-L
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
You're going to need a source for that Mallett to UCLA, because I'm hearing he's going to Arkansas.
Looks like I got this one right. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

VoteLynnSwan
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
word is he might go to the draft...

yea it's ok to laugh

by word is do you mean that article? because that's what it says.

bored of education
01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Mallett in Arkansas. Petrino got a gift he didnt deserve. I think Mallett could be something special. I like the Schoenhoft move to Delaware.

WildDude
01-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Mallett in Arkansas. Petrino got a gift he didnt deserve. I think Mallett could be something special. I like the Schoenhoft move to Delaware.
Heck who knows if he'll even coach him as he dosent diss arkansas to go to another job

LonghornsLegend
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
So happy Mallet went to Arkansas instead of TAMU, didnt want to see him in the big 12, but I really thought he was coming back to Texas...

and anyone know why Xavier Lee is going to the draft?? whats the point in that?

JRTPlaya21
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Lee is going to the draft because if he transferred it would have to be an NAIA school. Also he does not want to play TE at FSU.

bendert58
01-15-2008, 06:35 PM
According to ESPN, Mallett is going to play for Arkansas now. Seems like kind of a weird fit, especially because of all the negative recruiting the Razorbacks have been getting with Petrino. Plus, doesn't Petrino run the spread? Wasn't that why the Falcons brought him in, to install his offense in the NFL? Seems like if he is avoiding Rich Rodriguez's spread and isn't going to Tennessee because they hired the Richmond coach as OC, and he ran the spread the last 2 years, why would he want to go to Arkansas to run the spread?

bendert58
01-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Sorry, I didn't see the other replies regarding Mallett, for some reason when I used the find tool it said the word Mallett wasn't on the page....maybe I spelled it wrong.

kwilk103
01-16-2008, 06:39 PM
devon lyons will be transferring from osu to wvu

VoteLynnSwan
01-16-2008, 08:33 PM
According to ESPN, Mallett is going to play for Arkansas now. Seems like kind of a weird fit, especially because of all the negative recruiting the Razorbacks have been getting with Petrino. Plus, doesn't Petrino run the spread? Wasn't that why the Falcons brought him in, to install his offense in the NFL? Seems like if he is avoiding Rich Rodriguez's spread and isn't going to Tennessee because they hired the Richmond coach as OC, and he ran the spread the last 2 years, why would he want to go to Arkansas to run the spread?

Arkansas will run a spread, but Michigan will run a spread option. BIG difference.

Think about it, Brian Brohm was Petrino's last QB... not exactly a speedster.

etk
01-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Arkansas will run a spread, but Michigan will run a spread option. BIG difference.

Think about it, Brian Brohm was Petrino's last QB... not exactly a speedster.

Stefan Lefors had plenty of speed.

P-L
01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Michigan is only going to run a spread option if we get Pryor. Rich Rod told Mallett on three different occasions that he would run an offense that fit him. Too bad he got scared off by ridiculous media claims and the threat of competition.

WildDude
01-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Michigan is only going to run a spread option if we get Pryor. Rich Rod told Mallett on three different occasions that he would run an offense that fit him. Too bad he got scared off by ridiculous media claims and the threat of competition.

Yeah well if they dont get pryor and then stephen Threet blows up then Mallett will be regreting the decision... cause whos gonna be his coach in 2 years? thats the big question here

Billingsley26
01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Mark my word. Michigan next year, will be Notre Dame of this year.

Sniper
01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Mark my word. Michigan next year, will be Notre Dame of this year.

Keep dreaming slugger. We bring back a good core of the D and on offense, Carlos Brown, Brandon Minor and Kevin Grady all have experience at RB. In addition, our OL won't be as bad as Notre Dame's.

And even if we are that bad, which we won't be, we'll still beat PSU. That's a yearly occurrence.

Billingsley26
01-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Keep dreaming slugger. We bring back a good core of the D and on offense, Carlos Brown, Brandon Minor and Kevin Grady all have experience at RB. In addition, our OL won't be as bad as Notre Dame's.

And even if we are that bad, which we won't be, we'll still beat PSU. That's a yearly occurrence.

Bring back a good core on O? Well lets see, no Manningham, no Arrington, no Hart, no Henne, no Mallet, no Long. Thats pretty much the core of your O right there. You will start a QB who has very little, ot absoluetly no experience, new recievers, and a weaker run game.

Yeah, but PSU is due to breakout of this losing to OSU and UM slump sometime. lol. I hope its this year. I thought they would roll Michigan last year, expecially with Mallet starting, but man, Morelli is garbage. Im surprised he got an invite to the combine. Hopfeully, our new QB will tun out to be more like Micheal Robinson, and get te ball to our playmakers in Williams and Norwood. Then again, Robinson didnt beat Michigan......

Sniper
01-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Bring back a good core on O? Well lets see, no Manningham, no Arrington, no Hart, no Henne, no Mallet, no Long. Thats pretty much the core of your O right there. You will start a QB who has very little, ot absoluetly no experience, new recievers, and a weaker run game.

Yeah, but PSU is due to breakout of this losing to OSU and UM slump sometime. lol. I hope its this year. I thought they would roll Michigan last year, expecially with Mallet starting, but man, Morelli is garbage. Im surprised he got an invite to the combine. Hopfeully, our new QB will tun out to be more like Micheal Robinson, and get te ball to our playmakers in Williams and Norwood. Then again, Robinson didnt beat Michigan......

Michael Robinson was SO overrated. 52% completion percentage and everyone was all over his nuts.

It won't necessarily be a weaker run game. It might actually be better. Rodriguez's experience in instituting a great run O is well-documented, and Carlos Brown and Sam McGuffie should both be BEASTS in this offense, which is focused on getting speedsters the ball in open space. Ask Illinois fans what they think of Carlos Brown after he shredded them to pieces.

And I said we bring back a good core on D. As in defense. As in Donovan Warren, Morgan Trent, Brandon Graham, Obi Ezeh, etc...I think you got it confused. I meant to say "....bring back a good core on D, and on offense we bring back Carlos...."

Billingsley26
01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Michael Robinson was SO overrated. 52% completion percentage and everyone was all over his nuts.

It won't necessarily be a weaker run game. It might actually be better. Rodriguez's experience in instituting a great run O is well-documented, and Carlos Brown and Sam McGuffie should both be BEASTS in this offense, which is focused on getting speedsters the ball in open space. Ask Illinois fans what they think of Carlos Brown after he shredded them to pieces.

And I said we bring back a good core on D. As in defense. As in Donovan Warren, Morgan Trent, Brandon Graham, Obi Ezeh, etc...I think you got it confused. I meant to say "....bring back a good core on D, and on offense we bring back Carlos...."

Well, you did say that we bring back a good core on O too.

As for Micheal Robinson. All that mattered to me was that he won games. Adrain Arrington ruined our shot at the NC, altough it still would have been unlikely. But man, he made plays, and he was clutch. Especially in that Michigan game. Remeber his TD run?

kwilk103
01-18-2008, 02:22 AM
it will take at least 2 yrs before rod gets his guys into his system; especially on the line

like how wvu went from 7-5 with a bowl win to 3-8 while returning a lot of talent

and even with 2 pure qbs (typical pro, drop back qb) he still insisted on running the spread option

Sniper
01-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Well, you did say that we bring back a good core on O too.

As for Micheal Robinson. All that mattered to me was that he won games. Adrain Arrington ruined our shot at the NC, altough it still would have been unlikely. But man, he made plays, and he was clutch. Especially in that Michigan game. Remeber his TD run?

Manningham ended your perfect season, not Arrington. 4th and 4, down by 4, skinny post and wide open. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ofg5EiHxaX8

Anyways, this is the transfer thread, so let's not split off too much.

LonghornsLegend
01-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Is Emmanuel Moody eligible to play for UF this up coming season?

WildDude
01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Manningham ended your perfect season, not Arrington. 4th and 4, down by 4, skinny post and wide open. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ofg5EiHxaX8

PSU got screwed on that cause lloyd added 2 seconds, stupid refs, and yes Emanuel Moody is elgible but how many years anybody know? cause i saw something on the stats that indicates he had 1 interception?

Billingsley26
01-18-2008, 01:27 PM

oh yea, your right. It was Manningham. I kinda look at it as hi breaking out moment. Still, that game killed me, but it was still one of the best days of football in my life. There was Michigan vs PSU and ND vs USC.

Sniper
01-18-2008, 05:15 PM
PSU got screwed on that cause lloyd added 2 seconds, stupid refs, and yes Emanuel Moody is elgible but how many years anybody know? cause i saw something on the stats that indicates he had 1 interception?

Oh God let it go....JoePa also got two seconds added in that game, but people seem to conveniently forget that little tidbit. If PSU was as good as they claimed they would have not given up a game winning TD from 15 yards out to a freshman receiver.

draftguru151
01-18-2008, 09:05 PM
DT Chris Perry is transferring from UM to a school closer to Texas.

P-L
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Are you serious? Lloyd Carr does not operate the clock. In fact, he wouldn't have even had time to instruct the clock operator to do so.

Gi-15
01-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Bobby Reid is transfering to Texas Southern (FCS)

link: http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_8013288

oregonbucfan
01-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Charles Neal is transferring from Oregon

WildDude
01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Are you serious? Lloyd Carr does not operate the clock. In fact, he wouldn't have even had time to instruct the clock operator to do so.
sure easy for you to say, well the refs shouldnt have added it anyway they actually made a rule about that the year after... all because of that so don't throw your homerism on me please

draftcutlermiami730
01-26-2008, 10:00 AM
D.J. Donley Transferring from Georgia Tech to South Carolina

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=2&c=723359&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnorthcarolina.scout.com% 2fa.z%3fs%3d78%26p%3d2%26c%3d723359

Rich Jr
02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Now Mike S just said McKnight might transfer to LSU. LMAO WTF is up with this ****! It's hilarious.

VoteLynnSwan
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
he must want to be closer to home... can't blame him for that, it's obviously not the competition since he's clearly the best runningback on the team.

M.O.T.H.
02-06-2008, 01:14 PM
D.J. Donley Transferring from Georgia Tech to South Carolina

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=2&c=723359&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnorthcarolina.scout.com% 2fa.z%3fs%3d78%26p%3d2%26c%3d723359 (http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=2&c=723359&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnorthcarolina.scout.com% 2fa.z%3fs%3d78%26p%3d2%26c%3d723359)

Takes some of the sting out of not getting Streeter...we're still in fantastic shape at the position, though.

Rich Jr
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
he must want to be closer to home... can't blame him for that, it's obviously not the competition since he's clearly the best runningback on the team.
I just find it hard to believe he'll actually transfer.

etk
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM

I disagree. McKnight is not clearly the best RB on the team.

Rich Jr
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I disagree. McKnight is not clearly the best RB on the team.I thought Washington was just from what I saw.

Blatz
02-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I just find it hard to believe he'll actually transfer.

That does seem pretty crazy, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Sniper
02-06-2008, 05:28 PM

Marc Tyler could also play this year. He's a beast!

JRTPlaya21
02-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Bo Williams to Iowa State from Florida

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080206/SPORTS020602/80206033/-1/LIFE04

VoteLynnSwan
02-06-2008, 06:36 PM

i'll rephrase... McKnight is the most talented runningback on the team.

JRTPlaya21
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
etk, what's the word on Charlie Jones?

etk
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
i'll rephrase... McKnight is the most talented runningback on the team.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of that kind of back and he doesn't have anything near the athleticism of Reggie Bush. He's mistake-prone too.

etk, what's the word on Charlie Jones?

No clue at this point. There's been no mention of him on any of the sites I go to, and the last word on him on the web is almost a year old. Sounds to me like he's moving on with his life or flying way under the radar.

jbeans187
02-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Taylor Bennett is transferring from Ga Tech, he doesnt like Paul Johnson's offense.

draftguru151
02-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Doug Wiggins to Western Michigan.

etk
02-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Doug Wiggins to Western Michigan.

Doug Wiggins is a flaming idiot. I like WMU but I don't like him, haha. He might play CB, offense and specials there.

Joeyjr09
02-07-2008, 07:34 AM
No clue at this point. There's been no mention of him on any of the sites I go to, and the last word on him on the web is almost a year old. Sounds to me like he's moving on with his life or flying way under the radar.

He's not coming back to Miami, I know that for sure. I heard he was going into the NFL draft but later on I heard he was having 2nd thoughts and then everything went completely silent.

etk
02-07-2008, 08:48 AM
He's not coming back to Miami, I know that for sure. I heard he was going into the NFL draft but later on I heard he was having 2nd thoughts and then everything went completely silent.

That's all I know too. Lovon Ponder also considered the draft but returned.

imprint3454
02-08-2008, 02:55 AM
Bo Williams to Iowa State from Florida

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080206/SPORTS020602/80206033/-1/LIFE04Rock on. :D

mqtirishfan
02-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Fair enough. I'm not a fan of that kind of back and he doesn't have anything near the athleticism of Reggie Bush. He's mistake-prone too.

He's certainly closer to having that athleticism than any other RB USC has.

etk
02-10-2008, 03:45 PM
He's certainly closer to having that athleticism than any other RB USC has.

Yeah, but I like power backs, and McKnight doesn't have the speed/shiftiness to make up for that. He got caught from behind so easily by Vontae Davis (I think).

JRTPlaya21
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Anthony Allen to transfer by May. He is down to Georgia Tech, NC State and two others.

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content/sports/gatech/stories/2008/02/11/techfoot_0212.html

Sniper
02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, but I like power backs, and McKnight doesn't have the speed/shiftiness to make up for that. He got caught from behind so easily by Vontae Davis (I think).

It wasn't "so easily". McKnight was jogging because he thought he had the TD locked up and Davis was in a full sprint to catch him, and Davis runs a 4.3

etk
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
It wasn't "so easily". McKnight was jogging because he thought he had the TD locked up and Davis was in a full sprint to catch him, and Davis runs a 4.3

McKnight was 20 yards away from the endzone, and Davis came out of nowhere to get him. I guess he's just a freshman but I don't see the Bush comparisons that others do, and if he wasn't at USC he wouldn't be getting any more hype than McCoy, Saine, Cooper, etc.

Sniper
02-13-2008, 04:39 PM
McKnight was 20 yards away from the endzone, and Davis came out of nowhere to get him. I guess he's just a freshman but I don't see the Bush comparisons that others do, and if he wasn't at USC he wouldn't be getting any more hype than McCoy, Saine, Cooper, etc.

Here's the thing you have to remember. He was the #1 recruit, got a lot of publicity because of the whole Ole Miss/LSU/USC triangle and the Reggie Bush phone call, so it's not just the USC thing. Plus, he's more versatile than the guys you mentioned as he can run, catch, return punts/kicks etc.. He also averaged 5.7 ypc this year and 8.8 ypcatch, which is pretty damn good for a RB regardless of age. Plus, he had big games in his last two games of the year against decent teams.

BigJohn98
02-16-2008, 06:33 AM
FSU Running back Jamal Edwards will leave school. No word as to where he will transfer to.

DragonFireKai
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Here's the thing you have to remember. He was the #1 recruit, got a lot of publicity because of the whole Ole Miss/LSU/USC triangle and the Reggie Bush phone call, so it's not just the USC thing. Plus, he's more versatile than the guys you mentioned as he can run, catch, return punts/kicks etc.. He also averaged 5.7 ypc this year and 8.8 ypcatch, which is pretty damn good for a RB regardless of age. Plus, he had big games in his last two games of the year against decent teams.

Stafon Johnson is a much better pure running back than McKnight. McKnight is a much better reciever than Johnson, but Johnson is a running talent on par with Darren McFadden.

georgiafan
02-28-2008, 07:44 AM
TE Na Derris Ward is transfering from UGA and going back to the west coast no school is named yet.

BNad
02-28-2008, 08:14 AM
TE Na Derris Ward is transfering from UGA and going back to the west coast no school is named yet.

Not news I wanted to hear...

Sniper
02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Stafon Johnson is a much better pure running back than McKnight. McKnight is a much better reciever than Johnson, but Johnson is a running talent on par with Darren McFadden.

I'm aware of this, but I was just correcting etk who said the only reason McKnight got hype over other freshmen was because he went to SC.

DragonFireKai
02-28-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm aware of this, but I was just correcting etk who said the only reason McKnight got hype over other freshmen was because he went to SC.

Roger. You're right there.

JRTPlaya21
04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
James Montgomery to Washington St.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/844019.html

duckseason
04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Former Georgia TE NaDerris Ward has chosen Oregon over Arizona, according to Rivals.

JRTPlaya21
04-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Elan Lewis to Deleware State.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_elanlewis_0417apr17,0,2055865.story

BigJohn98
04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Former Rivals250 Anthony Leon will transfer from Florida State.

JRTPlaya21
04-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Branden Ore to West Liberty State officially.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=8183087

Yatta!
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Ex-Michigan offensive lineman Justin Boren transfers to Ohio State.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3363195

Now thats controversial.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Now thats controversial.

He should be shot.

P-L
04-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I think it's stupid that's he's going to pay his own way when he could've gone to almost any other school outside the Big Ten for free, but I guess if his dad can afford it...

etk
04-23-2008, 02:13 PM

Now thats controversial.

You might as well paint a huge bulls-eye on his chest. What a traitor.

DawgBone
04-23-2008, 02:26 PM
He should be shot.

He should be praised for getting out of mediocrity.

DawgBone
04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
You might as well paint a huge bulls-eye on his chest. What a traitor.

Hes from Columbus. Can you blame a guy that got stuck in a coaching change that is the complete opposite of the style football he chose to play and is his strength? If anything I believe if coaches can come and go without having to sit out a year, a player should be able to do the same (after a coaching change).

Turtlepower
04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
He should be praised for getting out of mediocrity.

Well, Michigan did win a bowl game last year, which is a lot more than some fans can say.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Does Boren have to sit out the year, or is he in the category with the likes of Ben Mauk who was able to play due to being a 5th year senior and already completed his degree?

Sniper
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, Michigan did win a bowl game last year, which is a lot more than some fans can say.

I <3 you.....

Sniper
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Does Boren have to sit out the year, or is he in the category with the likes of Ben Mauk who was able to play due to being a 5th year senior and already completed his degree?

He has to sit out because he was a true sophomore last year. He's a good guard prospect as long as you don't put him at center. I thought he was kind of overrated last year (All-Big 10 honorable mention, kind of a crock of ****) but he's still a good prospect.

Axl Rose
04-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Love the Boren move to OSU, it eliminates Michigans best lineman and it probably helps ND even more with Chris Watt. Kills two birds with one stone.

JRTPlaya21
04-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Taylor Bennett to La Tech

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3371795

duckseason
05-01-2008, 03:45 AM
JC QB Jeremiah Masoli has chosen Oregon-

http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=2&c=751538

Somewhat surprised he went with us, considering the amount of talent we already have at the position. This gives us 7 QB's. Seems likely that we'll see somebody(s) switch positions or transfer.

Sniper
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Jerimy Finch is transferring from Florida to somewhere closer to home and his two kids...

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20080505/NEWS/717699286/1090/Finch_released__will_transfer

This kid is certifiably insane...The saga pf his recruitment and now this is friggin hilarious

JRTPlaya21
05-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Marcus Ball transferring from FSU

http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080506/FSU03/805060331

greenlight
05-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Share these :
Share : how to rip DVD and convert Video to iPod (http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-DVD-video-to-iPod-video.html)
Share : how to convert dvd and video to iphone (http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-to-iphone.html)
Share : how to convert dvd and video to zune (http://www.oursdownload.com/Zune-Video-Converter,dvd-to-Zune,dvd-to-Zune-converter,Zune-converter.html)
Share : how to convert dvd and video to psp (http://www.oursdownload.com/PSP-Video-Converter,dvd-to-PSP,dvd-to-PSP-converter,PSP-converter.html)
Share : how to convert dvd and video to Apple TV (http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-to-apple-tv.html)

JRTPlaya21
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Chris Strong withdraws from Ole Miss.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/may/16/former-s-panola-star-done-with-rebs/

JRTPlaya21
05-16-2008, 06:19 PM
George Stripling dismissed from Louisville

http://www.cardchronicle.com/story/2008/5/16/123836/471

kwilk103
05-22-2008, 09:31 PM
wake de uriah grant to wvu

JayP
05-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Aaron Nagel is leaving ND. Seems that he was disappointed he never got a shot to show what he could do, as the coaches pretty much ran with the 1s and 2s on D during the spring, and he was a 3rd stringer.

Most likely spot for him is Northwestern, since 3 of the schools he was big on other than ND (Boston College, Purdue, & Stanford) are on the ND schedule and school rules prohibit releasing a player to anyone on the schedule during the rest of the players' eligibility. however, he could always got the route of Konrad Rueland and go to a JC for a year before transferring into his school of choice.

SuperKevin
06-13-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/wire/chi-ap-fbc-illinoisst-mende,0,715642.story

Walter Mendenhall, RB, is transferring to Illinois State.

Brent
06-13-2008, 12:10 PM
our crappy kicker, Matt Szymanski, is transferring. hasn't said where. hope it isnt your school.. unless you go to another big 12 school, in which case, I hope he does go there.

Brent
06-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Is Emmanuel Moody eligible to play for UF this up coming season?
This wasn't answered a few pages back so I shall answer: Yes, he will be playing this year and should start but he is having trouble learning the playbook, supposedly (the coaches were all on his back the whole spring). Which is odd because we practically ran the same damn offense in Coppell.

SuperKevin
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
This wasn't answered a few pages back so I shall answer: Yes, he will be playing this year and should start but he is having trouble learning the playbook, supposedly (the coaches were all on his back the whole spring). Which is odd because we practically ran the same damn offense in Coppell.

Doesn't matter. Chris Rainey is going to get like 80% of the carries that Tebow doesn't keep.

SuperKevin
06-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Not groundbreaking news but a pair of backup QBs have decided to transfer

Minnesota RS Fr QB Clint Brewster, son of head coach Tim Brewster, is transferring to an undecided school.

Clemson QB Tribble Reese is transferring to Charleston Southern. He recently graduated and only has 1 year of eligibility remaining

draftguru151
06-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Anyone know where Anthony Allen is going?

keylime_5
06-18-2008, 08:52 AM
just a rumor, but supposedly QB Antonio Henton left Ohio State for Georgia Southern. Not confirmed yet.

SuperKevin
06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
just a rumor, but supposedly QB Antonio Henton left Ohio State for Georgia Southern. Not confirmed yet.

He'd fit in really well in that offense they run down there. It wont help his pro chances but at least he'll get a shot at playing somewhere that fits his abilities

JRTPlaya21
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Anyone know where Anthony Allen is going?

I've heard that it's Georgia Tech, but I'm not 100%.

SuperKevin
06-18-2008, 12:36 PM
I've heard that it's Georgia Tech, but I'm not 100%.

Paul Johnson has never had a RB that talented before. I'd imagine he'd rack up close to 2,000 yards in the triple option

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080618/COLUMNISTS02/806180893/1002/SPORTS
Here's the link saying he chose GT

Turtlepower
06-18-2008, 12:42 PM
The triple-option is going to fail miserably. First of all, they already had players decommit from the last recruiting class because they didn't want to play in the triple-option. Secondly, I owned the triple-option in NCAA 07.

draftguru151
06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Paul Johnson has never had a RB that talented before. I'd imagine he'd rack up close to 2,000 yards in the triple option

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080618/COLUMNISTS02/806180893/1002/SPORTS
Here's the link saying he chose GT

Dwyer>Allen.

keylime_5
06-18-2008, 07:37 PM
He'd fit in really well in that offense they run down there. It wont help his pro chances but at least he'll get a shot at playing somewhere that fits his abilities

Funny that you say that because their offensive coordinator is his old high school coach.

keylime_5
06-19-2008, 10:35 AM
btw, confirmed Henton to Ga Southern.

SuperKevin
06-20-2008, 09:03 AM
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.cms.support.viewStory.cls?cid=114806&sid=7&fid=1

Oregon loses their second QB of the offseason. Cade Cooper is transferring to Southern Utah

kwilk103
06-21-2008, 09:11 AM
apparently fsu wr damon mcdaniel will not be coming to wvu

guesses are he didnt get his hardship waiver and he doesnt want to sit out

will be goin to hampton

SuperKevin
06-22-2008, 01:06 AM
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=297031

Devin Radford is transferring from Virginia Tech to Appalachian St. Radford ran a 4.31 at spring testing for the Hokies.

JRTPlaya21
06-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Charlie Jones to Memphis

http://www.miamiherald.com/1262/story/578947.html

JRTPlaya21
06-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Ray Ray McElrathbey to Howard

http://www.southernpigskin.com/page.cfm?story=11750&cat=exclusives

Brent
06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Charlie Jones to Memphis

http://www.miamiherald.com/1262/story/578947.html
that should be a good fit for him.

SuperKevin
06-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Speaking of Memphis, backup QB Matt Malouf transferred to Samford.

Sorry I dont have a link

bearsfan_51
07-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Not groundbreaking news but a pair of backup QBs have decided to transfer

Minnesota RS Fr QB Clint Brewster, son of head coach Tim Brewster, is transferring to an undecided school.

Clemson QB Tribble Reese is transferring to Charleston Southern. He recently graduated and only has 1 year of eligibility remaining
I don't think sons should ever play for their fathers, it usually doesn't end very well. Interesting that Clint couldn't even compete in Minnesota though considering he was offered a scholorship to Illiois as well.

SuperKevin
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't think sons should ever play for their fathers, it usually doesn't end very well. Interesting that Clint couldn't even compete in Minnesota though considering he was offered a scholorship to Illiois as well.

Brewster could have competed. It was just unfortunate for him that during his redshirt year Adam Weber burst onto the scene

Turtlepower
07-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Brewster could have competed. It was just unfortunate for him that during his redshirt year Adam Weber burst onto the scene

That sort of sounds like a line from a Romance Novel...

bearsfan_51
07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
It's not just Weber, they've recruited three top quarterbacks in Marqueis Gray, David Pittman, and Moses Alipate. I know a lot of people in the program and the word is that Clint was never seriously considered for the starting spot.

Sniper
07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
ND WR D.J Hord is leaving the team.

SuperKevin
07-12-2008, 04:08 AM
ND WR D.J Hord is leaving the team.

So is starting CB Darrin Walls

Sniper
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
So is starting CB Darrin Walls

No, he's just out for the fall semester. I don't think he's leaving.

SuperKevin
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
No, he's just out for the fall semester. I don't think he's leaving.

I read an article that said he's leaving school. He might come back but its not certain

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3483732

SuperKevin
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Transfer updates

UConn WR Terrence Jeffers is going to Vanderbilt. He led the Huskies in recieving this past year
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=61473

Tulsa QB Clark Harrell is leaving Tulsa to go to a FCS school. He is the younger brother of Texas tech QB Graham Harrell
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080716_2__Tulsa53401

Alabama LB Ezekiel Knight is leaving the Crimson Tide to go to a FCS school. He is ranked in the top 40 senior LBs in the country according to scouts but Alabama won't clear him to play for medical reasons dealing with a heart murmur.
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1216196284205060.xml&coll=2

Sniper
07-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Alabama LB Ezekiel Knight is leaving the Crimson Tide to go to a FCS school. He is ranked in the top 40 senior LBs in the country according to scouts but Alabama won't clear him to play because they need to cut scholarships so they can fit their massive recruiting class in

Fixed that for you.

504 to ATL
07-17-2008, 08:22 PM
LSU Sophomore Tackle Jarvis Jones will be transferring after being released from the team. No clue where he will transfer to, but he is from Texas.

keylime_5
07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
OSU DB Eugene Clifford has transferred to Tennessee State. I guess he liked what they did with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in terms of development for the NFL. Clifford is a unique talent, his head is in the wrong place.

duckseason
07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen anything official yet, but word is that Cal RF DE Scott Smith will be transferring to Oregon.

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I haven't seen anything official yet, but word is that Cal RF DE Scott Smith will be transferring to Oregon.
traitor....

Brent
07-26-2008, 08:08 PM
"Ex-Texas A&M kicker Matt Szymanski will transfer to SMU and sit out the '08 season."
-Dallas Morning News

BUSTKUNTLAWL
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
DL - D'Angelo McCray to Eastern Illinois..

jballa838
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Hasty to transfer from Washington to join Mike Reilly, Jared Bronson, Brandon Spout and Johnny Spevak at Central Washington (D-II). Hasty joins the offense from Washington after not getting his scholarship renewed. Hasty was a 4 star RB coming out of High School, and led Bellevue to end De La Salle's winning streak.
It is not official yet, but inside sources say he will be going there.

draftguru151
08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Brandon Warren (played for FSU 2 seasons ago) is practicing with Tennessee but isn't 100% sure he is going to get cleared to play next season (though he most likely should).

GB12
08-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Lance Smith will transfer to a 1AA school after being kicked off the team. He hasn't chosen which school yet.

brat316
08-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Temple rb/cb daryl robinson is leaving. ****

Temple's first recruit of last year freshmen Geoffrey Prather didn't show up. Lb ***

brat316
08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
on the bright side Rb *** Eric Reynolds transfered from Boston to Temple

JRTPlaya21
08-07-2008, 07:54 PM
J.R. Hasty to Central Washington

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008098209_apfbccentralwashingtonhasty.html

JRTPlaya21
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Dwight Jones back to UNC

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/jones_16427___article.html/north_carolina.html

Sniper
08-15-2008, 03:55 PM
http://notredame.scout.com/2/779595.html

ND WR Richard Jackson to transfer

JayP
08-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I read an article that said he's leaving school. He might come back but its not certain

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3483732

Darrin Walls will be back. Just out for the fall semester. His father decided to squash all of the rumors.

http://www.blueandgold.com/content/?aid=5746

And Jackson was caught in the numbers game. He wasn't making ground on Kamara, Grimes, Tate, West, and Parris, and was apparently losing reps to Floyd, Walker, and Goodman. With only 1 senior in the bunch (Grimes), it made sense for him to move on.

Hokie_Pokie08
08-17-2008, 10:53 PM
VT WR Zach Luckett was dismissed from the team today. This is a big blow to VT as Luckett was poised for a breakout year as he was the physical specimen of group. My guess is that he will most likely transfer to Hampton or Liberty.

KCJ58
08-17-2008, 11:50 PM
VT WR Zach Luckett was dismissed from the team today. This is a big blow to VT as Luckett was poised for a breakout year as he was the physical specimen of group. My guess is that he will most likely transfer to Hampton or Liberty.

I love that white boy, that it a huge miss for VT

JRTPlaya21
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
He is just suspended from the team indefinitely. Not kicked out yet.

Hokie_Pokie08
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
He is just suspended from the team indefinitely. Not kicked out yet.

I hope he is able to work through this and make his way back on the team.

Hokie_Pokie08
08-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Early word out of Blacksburg is that Luckett is going to be suspended for the year. Hope that he is able to work himself through this and make it back on the team.

JRTPlaya21
08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Marcus Ball to College of the Sequoias

http://blog.nola.com/lsusports/2008/08/lsu_linebackers_have_big_shoes.html

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know where Dominic Jones a former standout CB/S on Minnesota is these days?

Also any word on where TJ Williams of Michigan State landed?

Sniper
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Michigan freshman LB Taylor Hill is transferring somewhere closer to home. Pitt appears to be a contender for his services.

Michigan freshman LB Marcus Witherspoon did not qualify and will transfer somewhere.

keylime_5
09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
OSU CB James Scott transferring to Ole Miss. Ran into some trouble, OSU told him better leave than stay, so he's gonna be a Rebel now.

Sniper
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
OSU CB James Scott transferring to Ole Miss. Ran into some trouble, OSU told him better leave than stay, so he's gonna be a Rebel now.

This hurts Michigan's chances with his brother. ******* Jim Tressel, always one upping Michigan and ****.

What happened anyways?

Don Vito
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM

I saw this today, I am so pumped. We need corners really bad and from what I hear Scott is a good one, rivals250 and #10 corner in 2007. Houston Nutt is looking like he could turn this program around. Scott's brother, Jonathan, liked Ole Miss before his brother's transfer and this should help us with him even more.

P-L
09-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Witherspoon probably to Rutgers or Tennessee.

keylime_5
09-04-2008, 08:09 AM
This hurts Michigan's chances with his brother. ******* Jim Tressel, always one upping Michigan and ****.

What happened anyways?

couldn't tell ya. Stuff like that never comes out for months b/c Tressel always keeps that kind of stuff close to the [sweater] vest.

JRTPlaya21
09-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Chris Strong to Northwest Community College

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=278345&pub=1&div=Sports

JRTPlaya21
09-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Marcus Ball to Pearl River Community College

http://www.prccfootball.com/Roster_2008.html

Sniper
09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Witherspoon probably to Rutgers or Tennessee.

A little late, but it's Rutgers

Ex-UVA QB Peter Lalich to Oregon State

http://oregonstate.scout.com/2/793832.html

keylime_5
09-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Ohio State DE/LB Mark Johnson (former 4 star top 100 kind of Mike LB recruit from los angeles in 2006) quit the team and is gonna transfer out west per BP. Couldn't find a niche and got passed up by true freshman (Sabino at MLB, Sweat at OLB, and Keith Wells and Nathan Williams at DE).

Trojanback02
10-22-2008, 06:39 PM
A little late, but it's Rutgers

Ex-UVA QB Peter Lalich to Oregon State

http://oregonstate.scout.com/2/793832.html

So Witherspoon is going to Rutgers? what happened with him over in UM?

sodar21
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Whatever happened to Fayson or whatever his name was that transferred from Florida to Illinois? Is he sitting out this year?

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Whatever happened to Fayson or whatever his name was that transferred from Florida to Illinois? Is he sitting out this year?

I believe so.

Sniper
10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
So Witherspoon is going to Rutgers? what happened with him over in UM?

The same academic issues that have rendered him ineligible to play at Rutgers this year.

kwilk103
10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
michigan fans, taylor hill? lb/s from youngstown?

heard its between wvu/pitt

JRTPlaya21
11-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Fred Rouse to Texas Southern
Jason Gwaltney to CW Post
J.R. Hasty to Central Washington

http://www.tsu.edu/pages/1538.asp
http://www.cwpostpioneers.com/roster.aspx?path=football&
http://www.wildcatsports.com/rosters/football/2008.html

Sniper
11-01-2008, 08:02 PM
michigan fans, taylor hill? lb/s from youngstown?

heard its between wvu/pitt

Hearing rumblings of Kent State. And he's a LB/DE.

djp
11-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know where Dominic Jones a former standout CB/S on Minnesota is these days?

Also any word on where TJ Williams of Michigan State landed?

He's in jail for sexual assault (Jones)

Sniper
11-05-2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2008/11/osu_suspends_unhappy_wr_small.html

Ohio State WR Ray Small is likely to transfer

SuperKevin
11-05-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2008/11/osu_suspends_unhappy_wr_small.html

Ohio State WR Roy Small is likely to transfer

Interesting that article says he may declare for the draft even if he's projected to be undrafted

keylime_5
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Ray small.