PDA

View Full Version : Sedrick Ellis Scouting Report

Scott Wright
12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Here it is:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/sedrickellis.html

Discuss the Southern Cal DT in this thread!

Turtlepower
12-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Even though he played a lot of NT at USC, I definitely think he will be a better UT in the NFL. I actually think that he will have a more productive career than Glenn Dorsey (but not by a lot).

Scott Wright
12-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I actually think that he will have a more productive career than Glenn Dorsey (but not by a lot).

Productive in terms of numbers? Maybe. Better? Not so sure about that.

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 07:33 PM
he seems like hed be a good fit because of his size in a cover 2 style defense ala tommie harris.

Cashmoney
12-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt mind if the titans took him rd 1 if he somehow fell to them. thats if the top few WRs are off the board.

bored of education
12-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I really think he could end up being better than Dorsey, because he might eventually be on a better defense thant Dorsey making dorsey the focus for the offense. I jsut think both will be great in the end but like Ellis a touch more

PACKmanN
12-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I really think he could end up being better than Dorsey, because he might eventually be on a better defense thant Dorsey making dorsey the focus for the offense. I jsut think both will be great in the end but like Ellis a touch more

is this a Lynch>Peterson part 2?????

Turtlepower
12-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Productive in terms of numbers? Maybe. Better? Not so sure about that.

Yeah, that is why I used the term productive. I think that Ellis will be much better at getting to the QB and will rack up a good number of sacks. As far as against the run, there is nobody in this draft better than Dorsey. I still think that they are much closer as prospects than many people like to think.

Babylon
12-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I didnt see him playing nose tackle all that much there at SC but agree with those who are on his bandwaggon. Not sure if he's as good as Dorsey but i think he plays every down and doesnt get as injured as much as the LSU AA. To me a top 10 pick or he's a heck of a steal after that.

foozball
12-22-2007, 12:33 PM
how do ellis and dorsey compare with amobi okoye?

Babylon
12-22-2007, 01:07 PM
how do ellis and dorsey compare with amobi okoye?

All similar size and athletically ability, Okoye i think is going to benefit from having Mario Williams there on the line. 3 guys any team would want for sure.

BuddyCHRIST
12-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Dorsey the best against the run? If anything thats his weakness, maybe on stretch plays where he can penetrate but he showed multiple times this year that he struggled when teams ran right at him. These two have very similar skill sets and Dorsey looks his best when he can explode off the ball and penetrate not just holding his ground.

Young Legend
12-28-2007, 10:44 PM
anbody know what his actualy weight is ?..every site has something differnt some say 285 some say 305

12-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Somewhat undersized so I agree with those who believe he would be best utilized in a cover 2 scheme.

d34ng3l021
12-28-2007, 11:12 PM
I think Ellis is better value than Dorsey. Dorsey will probably go top5, while Ellis will go top10 top15, but I think their careers will be similar, with Dorsey a bit better than Ellis. There is also the chance that Ellis will be better than Dorsey. I can see that happening.

It really depends on where they land though.

wogitalia
12-28-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm a fan. I think the Vikings almost have to take him if he falls to them, we need a DT for the longterm with Pat getting old, Ellis would be ideal next to KWill, can you imagine the penetration those two can get inside.

Babylon
12-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Should be fun to watch the Rose Bowl and see how Ellis does against an Illinois OL that controlled the Buckeyes defense pretty well. I think he is pretty much an ideal DL at the pro level, has as good a size numbers as a Warren Sapp does and he's done ok to say the least. The predictions of him to the Bengals would not surprise me at all. Really like this kid.

Also heard Keith Rivers may not play, cant verify that but that's the rumor.