2) Reggie Smith S OKLAHOMA
2) Barry Richardson LT CLEMSON
3) Dorien Bryant WR Purdue
4) Joe Flacco QB Delaware
6) Mike Klinkenborg LB Iowa
7) Marcus Walker CB Oklahoma

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 07:37 PM
not too bad but i think your order is a little off. i think the jets and falcons are switched as are the bears and bengals. possibly others.

i dunno if carlson is a first round talent either.

i cant complain too much about the bears picks although id personally like to see them go tackle 1 qb 2. not sure how itll really shake out

scar988
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Atlanta isn't going to waste a top 5 pick on a guy who isn't worth it. we woudl get OT JAke Long at #3.

dolfan
12-21-2007, 07:46 PM
matt ryan stock gonna rise through off season. The falcons need a TOP qb for the future. they can get a OLINE later in the draft and in the free agency

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 07:48 PM
matt ryan stock gonna rise through off season. The falcons need a TOP qb for the future. they can get a OLINE later in the draft and in the free agency

yeah, i was gonna warn you about having the falcons take a QB i round 1 too...as much sense as it makes some of their fans have given up on reason.

dolfan
12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
not to be rude or anything but forget what the fans say, if the coaches listen to the fans do u know how bad some teams will be right now

fenikz
12-21-2007, 07:54 PM
good cardinals picks, wouldn't mind Chris Williams or Micheal Oher in the 2nd as well

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 07:54 PM
not to be rude or anything but forget what the fans say, if the coaches listen to the fans do u know how bad some teams will be right now

oh i understand completely. that'd be the most sensible pick in my mind if they go QB.

even if you just ignore their severe need of a QB, that pick makes sense because football is still a business out to make money and you don't win back casual fans lost from the vick fiasco by spending top picks on lineman...

scar988
12-21-2007, 07:58 PM

am I saying ignore QB? no. I'm saying a guy in the second in this years draft isn't much different than Matt Ryan a guy who many claim is a top 10 pick (I don'[t buy it.) Colt BRennan in the 2nd, would be a much better pick, then us wasting our top 5 overall on a guy who isn't VALUE at the pick. that or we will trade both of our 2nds to the mid 1st for a shot at Brohm or Woodson, but what we WONT do is reach on a guy like Ryan at 3 when he isn't even close to being worth the pick.

we can get a QB later on in the draft too. Brennan isn't much different than Ryan other than he goes to Hawaii. he is worth a 2nd and the Falcons as a team woudl be better with Brennan at QB and Long at LT, then wasting the pick on Ryan and not having the talent on the OL needed to portect him.

dolfan
12-21-2007, 07:59 PM
yea cardinals getting malcolm CB and crable LB fills there need in DEFNESE big time, in the 3rd they should go for will arnold G from LSU

scar988
12-21-2007, 08:00 PM
yeah, i was gonna warn you about having the falcons take a QB i round 1 too...as much sense as it makes some of their fans have given up on reason.

given up on reason? let me give you an example.

team A has needs at LT, QB, and NT.
it's big board looks like this:

1) J.Long
2) Dorsey
3) McFadden
4) Player X
5) Player Z
6) Ryan

are you telling me the team would go with the #6 on it's board because it's a perceived as a bigger need by people OUTSIDE OF the team? no. they woudl stick to their board and get Long the #1 guy on their board. that's how McKay drafts and until we get a new GM, that is the man who will be running out draft. nice try though. you really prove how little you know baout how teams run their drafts.

scar988
12-21-2007, 08:03 PM
oh i understand completely. that'd be the most sensible pick in my mind if they go QB.

even if you just ignore their severe need of a QB, that pick makes sense because football is still a business out to make money and you don't win back casual fans lost from the vick fiasco by spending top picks on lineman...

so you're saying Renardo foster is a capable LT in the NFL? we have an even bigger need at LT. you don't take a QB unless oyu can protect him first.

dolfan
lol u fans get soo offended just shut up and enjoy the mocks

scottyboy
absolutly love the 2nd round pick for the giants. the 1st i'm eh on. Not a fan of Connor and would prefer Cason there.

dolfan
12-21-2007, 08:12 PM
ok i agree with u jake long would make sense i didnt realize how much LT is a need (no sarcasm) i do apologize, but id like to see a QB taken...

scar988
12-21-2007, 08:14 PM
ok i agree with u jake long would make sense i didnt realize how much LT is a need (no sarcasm) i do apologize, but id like to see a QB taken...

that's fine a QB would be our 2nd round pick though. Brennan is at our first 2nd rounder I would think we would get him there.

thebow305
12-21-2007, 08:17 PM
i am a dolphins fan and that draft sucks

iloxygenil
12-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Actually the Falcons will take McFadden if he's on the board.

What I think is you're an Oakland fan.

dolfan
12-21-2007, 08:26 PM
im an oakland fan? im a fan of all 32 teams, i just love the miami dolphins thats my team no matter wat

dolfan
12-21-2007, 08:33 PM
who do u suggest the dolphins take?

iloxygenil
12-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I was saying that based on your draft order etc...you must love them to let McFadden fall past Atlanta at 4 all the way to #8...just not something that will happen.

dolfan
12-21-2007, 08:37 PM
just like leinart n brady quinn fell down the top 10...... it happens... drafts dont seem how people see them to be..... stuff happens... lok at mario williams number 1, everyone was like WTF?! everyone never saw levi brown going in at 5 but it happend...

BeerBaron
12-21-2007, 08:44 PM
just like leinart n brady quinn fell down the top 10...... it happens... drafts dont seem how people see them to be..... stuff happens... lok at mario williams number 1, everyone was like WTF?! everyone never saw levi brown going in at 5 but it happend...

very true!

I like doing mocks and stringing together the "what-ifs" and all that.

they're just way to crazy zealous against a QB in atlanta. I'm truly hoping that on draft day long and mcfadden are gone in the first 3 picks...then ill be laughing.

scar988
12-21-2007, 08:46 PM

nice of you to use that example. let's say we take Long then Brohm/Ryan falls to 22, we trade up to 22 and take Brohm/Ryan just like the Browns took Quinn.

hmmm... and how are hte Browns doing this year? they put their focus on the OL.

scar988
12-21-2007, 08:46 PM
very true!

I like doing mocks and stringing together the "what-ifs" and all that.

they're just way to crazy zealous against a QB in atlanta. I'm truly hoping that on draft day long and mcfadden are gone in the first 3 picks...then ill be laughing.

no we're crazy zealous on getting value for our top 4 pick and not gettign a David Carr or Alex Smith at it.

jackalope
12-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Donald Lee has been playing very well for Green Bay and was recently given a contract extension. We'd be better off going CB in the first.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-21-2007, 08:51 PM

Leinart and Quinn are both QBs who people managed to find holes in. Not the case for McFadden.

If Mario Williams didn't go #1, he would not have fallen far at all.

And actually, when it was reported that the Cards had fallen in love with Levi, alot of people saw him going there.

DiG
12-21-2007, 09:33 PM
skins draft is fine but id much rather gholston over campbell.

Bills2083
12-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Good Bills pick

Caddy
12-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Ryan Clady in the 1st is nice, but Chad Henne in the 2nd is a poor pick for so many reasons.

SteelCityNightmare
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Would like to have seen the Steelers take a shot at McKelvin if he falls to us in the second round. We lack physical CBs. Otherwise, good mock.

BaLLiN
12-23-2007, 10:54 AM
give giants reggie smith or cason in the first

Don Killuminati
12-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Two words: Raiders. Defense.

Hard to pass up McFadden, so i can dig that pick. But it makes a Rd2 DL mandatory. WRs just aren't important enough to bypass the available D-linemen.

The Legend
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM
packers biggest need isnt tight end

Kurve
12-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Two words: Raiders. Defense.

Hard to pass up McFadden, so i can dig that pick. But it makes a Rd2 DL mandatory. WRs just aren't important enough to bypass the available D-linemen.

Mcfadden to the raiders would be a dream pick but at 8 its hard even as much as i hope i highly doubt seeing him drop that far...but lets hope hahaha. As for a second rounder being a wr i agree should pick up DL here DE or DT but if some some reason a 1st round caliber WR drops in the second round wouldnt be a mistake taking him but i dont see much 1st round wrs in this draft so doubt that will happen.

Crazy_Chris
12-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Like the Vikings draft... Only 1 problem though, I don't see the Vikings passing on Gholston for Harvey

LonghornsLegend
12-25-2007, 04:51 AM
There is no way in hell Vernon Gholston last until pick 28, I know we took Anthony Spencer the year before but we would still probably take Gholston with the effect he could have on our defense off the edge with Ware on the other side...

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-25-2007, 09:04 AM
lol u fans get soo offended just shut up and enjoy the mocksyou shut up theres nothing to enjoy about this mock.
bad Raiders draft.Our run D is pathetic.theres no reason for us to choose McFadden over Ellis unless we were trade McFadden.Even then I doubt we could get Ellis.And to think we would pass again on defense in the 2nd is stupid.

Rich Jr
12-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Saints

Round 1) Cason over Talib

Round 2) DJ Wolfe or Wheeler.