PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jenkins Scouting Report

Scott Wright
12-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Here it is!

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/mikejenkins.html

Discuss the South Florida cornerback in this thread.

12-21-2007, 09:28 PM
similar in many ways to Chris Houston, IMO.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I've watched him a few times this year, and I've been impressed. I think he could be a very good player on the next level.

genom
12-21-2007, 10:21 PM

Do you think he's as raw as Chris Houston was considered when he came out?

12-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Do you think he's as raw as Chris Houston was considered when he came out?

I think hes just as raw as Chris Houston coming out last year. Hes got too many parts to his game that hes gotta work on still including his run support most importantly and poor ball skills which takes a long time to adapt to in the pros. Nowhere near NFL-ready as the top corner Darrelle Revis of the past draft.

SuperKevin
12-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Ummm Chris Houston was known as an excellent defender against the run while Jenkins' scouting report says he is bad against the run

Hines
12-21-2007, 11:12 PM
If he fell to the Steelers, they better grab him. He can always work on things as Tomlin will work with him to make him great.

CC.SD
12-22-2007, 01:32 AM
If he fell to the Steelers, they better grab him. He can always work on things as Tomlin will work with him to make him great.

No way either Jenkins falls into the 20s, imo.

Turtlepower
12-22-2007, 01:34 AM
No way either Jenkins falls into the 20s, imo.

CBs live and die on the combine. If they run sub 4.4 they will fall below the 20s. If one of them runs faster than a 4.45 than they might be there.

LonghornsLegend
12-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Im really starting to feel like he wont make it to Dallas cleveland pick the more I think about it, too bad the Browns had to keep winning...He still has some work to do to be an NFL ready db which is why I wanted us to take him, he can work in behind Newman and Henry...Its a deep db class but I like him the most

Hines
12-23-2007, 09:06 AM
CBs live and die on the combine. If they run sub 4.4 they will fall below the 20s. If one of them runs faster than a 4.45 than they might be there.

Well if he falls, I will be sure to pick him up happily.

Ravens1991
12-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Hopefully he wears purple next year.

genom
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Im really starting to feel like he wont make it to Dallas cleveland pick the more I think about it, too bad the Browns had to keep winning...He still has some work to do to be an NFL ready db which is why I wanted us to take him, he can work in behind Newman and Henry...Its a deep db class but I like him the most

Why is CB a need for you guys? I thought Newman and Henry were considered one of the best CB tandems in the league, at least very serviceable.

SuperKevin
12-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Why is CB a need for you guys? I thought Newman and Henry were considered one of the best CB tandems in the league, at least very serviceable.

Its always nice to have a really good nickleback

wogitalia
12-24-2007, 01:09 AM

I think you are a bit confused there. Sub 4.4 would be a good thing, meaning less than 4.4 and faster than a 4.45 would also be a good thing, meaning less than 4.45.

I like Jenkins, I think he can be a very good one, borderline shutdown. Don't need him with the Vikes, we already need to be moving Winfield to S if we are going to get our best team on the field.

LonghornsLegend
12-24-2007, 10:18 AM

there is nothing behind them, and with how many offenses run 5 wr sets, having 2 good db's on your roster is pointless, T New is approaching 30 yrs old, and Henry usually gets hurt, our 3rd db cant cover anyone, its one of our biggest needs this offseason...

Wouldnt be smart to go into the season without adding another db early on, and Jenkins is a guy who would fit in well being a big physical guy who is very athletic...but its looking like after the combines he is going to go between 8-20

rfc17
12-24-2007, 11:52 AM
maybe Im in the minority but I think grabbing his teammate Trae Williams in the late 2nd is a better value than Jenkins in the mid-late 1st. early in his career Williams was known more for his ability to come up and play the run. but now that he has picked off 13 passes the last two years, that may get overlooked. granted, Jenkins has the better size, but Williams isnt small for an NFL CB. very athletic and has been extremely productive.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Good overall scouting report. Only thing I'm a bit confused on is how you can he's physical and then say Toughness is a concern.

energizerbunny
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Good overall scouting report. Only thing I'm a bit confused on is how you can he's physical and then say Toughness is a concern.

I'm actaully kind of puzzled by this, whenever I watched USF play this past year (about 6 or 7 games) he looked very strong in run support. He really came up with authority and stuck his nose in there, something you usually can't say about alot of corners. He is a good tackler, however not a great one. I would defiantly not say toughness is a concern as he is willing and able from what i've seen.

I see him developing into a solid #1 corner, or a great #2. The thing that really intrigues me about him though is I believe he is a great fit in any system and will probally get overdrafted because of that.

Big,Tall,Fast physical corners will always get paid on draft day.