PDA

View Full Version : Rivals or Scout

kwilk103
12-22-2007, 02:58 AM
i plan to get a subscription to one after Christmas; which one is better? which one gives me more info?

on scout it looks like you suscribe to an individual site (like i would only get wvu info); is this the same on rivals?

which is better for football?

which is better for bball?

which has the better message boards?

which has the better articles?

i dont really like bball, so i would be using it mainly for fball; im leaning towards rivals

what do you guys think?

thanx

BigJohn98
12-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Rivals.(10)

BuddyCHRIST
12-22-2007, 11:08 AM
I like Rivals, the only thing thats annoying is the way they drop guys that are solid commits early while the guys who give them more reason to have people visit the site rise in the rankings.

jbeans187
12-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Rivals is also pretty bad about once a player commits to a school they raise the ratings. But with rivals you can see all the news about every team but unless you pay more you are only allowed to go into one teams message board. Alot of the breaking news breaks in the message boards. But rivals is a lot better than scout, and this year they will have the AA game locked down bc they are a sponsor

Jonny
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Depends on the team.

For West Virginia, you'd probably want Scout.

oregonbucfan
12-22-2007, 06:17 PM
for oregon I like scout

gstock05
12-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Don't view it as rivals vs. scout.

It just depends on the team thats being covered.

For Ohio State, the Rivals insiders dont have any great info, the best inside info comes from scout or Bucknuts. Mainly scout IMO.

So figure out which site has the best insiders and reporters, not which is the better network. You can see the rankings regardless of being an insider or not.

P-L
12-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I have the same dilemma. It seems like Michigan has some pretty good info on scout, but I don't know anything about the Michigan info on rivals.

ncst8fan83
12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I prefer scout just because I think rivals' basketball rankings suck. Scout has some serious ND bias in my opinion, but I suppose you'll see biases regardless of where you go. On both sites you pay to gain access to the premium message boards. Rivals has better fball rankings whereas Scout has better bball rankings. Based on that, I'd probably rather pick which site has the best board for my team. Get on their free boards and see which one is more active.

LonghornsLegend
12-24-2007, 10:38 AM
ive suscribed to rivals a few times the past years, and Ive been happy with what I got for my money...They were pretty in depth, and covered all the players with some pretty good inside info, I cant really compare it to scout because ive never used it but Ive gotten all the info I needed from rivals, and like some have said rivals is really good with the football rankings and that was why I used it

Rich Jr
12-24-2007, 12:55 PM
What about LSU? Tigerbait or Tigerrag?

Don Vito
12-24-2007, 01:43 PM
What about LSU? Tigerbait or Tigerrag?

Rivals covers the SEC a lot better than scout I think. I am an Ole Miss fan and there are very rarely updates on scout, and pretty much all of them have already been covered by rivals. Tigerbait is great, I have been on it a few times and there are constant recruiting updates to go with a lot of content about the team.

I have had much better luck on rivals for my 2 teams, BC and Ole Miss.

CLong4Heisman
12-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I prefer scout just because I think rivals' basketball rankings suck. Scout has some serious ND bias in my opinion, but I suppose you'll see biases regardless of where you go. On both sites you pay to gain access to the premium message boards. Rivals has better fball rankings whereas Scout has better bball rankings. Based on that, I'd probably rather pick which site has the best board for my team. Get on their free boards and see which one is more active.

You are mistaken. Scout has major USC bias, Notre Dame bias is very low and nobody that commits jumps like 50 spots.

Michigan
01-01-2008, 09:42 AM
which is better for football? scout

which is better for bball? toss up

which has the better message boards? scout BY FAR

which has the better articles? rivals

for Michigan, scout is FAR superior to rivals (The Wolverine provides almost NO accurate inside info), but it's different for every school.

asmitty45
01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Rivals all the way

kmartin575
01-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes you do subscribe to only one team on Scout but you still have access to the inside articles from every Scout site. However, if that site you subscribe to has an insider forum you only have access to that sites forum.

kwilk103
01-04-2008, 11:40 PM
i went with rivals

eazyb81
01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Rivals for football and it's not even close.

um0786
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
rivals is better than scout for michigan, my opinion.

djp
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
If you're an LSU fan, don't go to TigerBait. They write the most slanted articles I've ever read in my life...

For Miami, CaneSport is clearly superior to the Scout site, and it's not even close. The message boards get to be a bit of a circus on commit days, though.

I generally like Rivals better, they have the best history of ranking recruits.

CroomDawgs
01-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Rivals is junk, Scout is much better

504 to ATL
01-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I am wondering how many people on here have actually had a subscription to both sites at one time or another?

I bet some people on here are spouting which site is better without having ever been a subscriber to the other.

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
rivals for overall, team sites go with scout.

Brent
01-16-2008, 08:49 PM
for TAMU, it's Rivals.

Thunder&Lightning
01-20-2008, 11:32 PM
no doubt rivals

sodar21
01-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Rivals has a bit more of a Southern bias because its run by Alabama homers.

Newbs24
01-28-2008, 11:09 AM
rivals is better than scout for michigan, my opinion.

Completely disagree. Scout gets their info soooo much faster. They also have updates everyday on their message boards instead of once a week. People rag on Tom over at Scout, but he is as solid as it gets, no matter what people say he GUARANTEES. He has only had 1 guarantee and that was Sam McGuffie would be a Wolverine.

Michigan
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Completely disagree. Scout gets their info soooo much faster. They also have updates everyday on their message boards instead of once a week. People rag on Tom over at Scout, but he is as solid as it gets, no matter what people say he GUARANTEES. He has only had 1 guarantee and that was Sam McGuffie would be a Wolverine.

100% agreed. You're better off visiting Mgoblog for info than you are visiting thewolverine. Tom Beaver is one of the best in the nation.

P-L
01-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I subscribe to scout for Michigan and I love it. Tom is as unbiased as they come and I like that he is pessemistic a lot of the time and doesn't throw around the term "___________ is a lock" like some other insiders do.