PDA

View Full Version : 4-3 defensive ends

Babylon
12-22-2007, 12:01 PM
The top guys in the NFL seem to be guys like Jason Taylor, Van Den Bosch, Kearney, Abaraham, Jared Allen. some of the top ones for this draft to me would be;

Chris Long
Calais Cambell
Chris Ellis

sleeper
Brian Johnston, Gardner Webb

oldLibid21
12-22-2007, 12:25 PM
You really think Chris Long is a top DE in a 4-3? I thought he played in a 3-4?

SuperKevin
12-22-2007, 12:28 PM
You really think Chris Long is a top DE in a 4-3? I thought he played in a 3-4?

He was a slightly undersized DE in the 3-4 at 280 lbs. His size, speed, and pass rush abilities make him perfect for the 4-3 imo.

Brian Johnston from Gardner Webb is a beast. I knew him briefly when I went to Gardner Webb. Personally, I'd play him in a 3-4 in an Aaron Smith mold because his pass rush abilities aren't the strongest but he could be a monster against the run and taking up blocks on the 3-4 DL

Babylon
12-22-2007, 12:34 PM
He was a slightly undersized DE in the 3-4 at 280 lbs. His size, speed, and pass rush abilities make him perfect for the 4-3 imo.

Brian Johnston from Gardner Webb is a beast. I knew him briefly when I went to Gardner Webb. Personally, I'd play him in a 3-4 in an Aaron Smith mold because his pass rush abilities aren't the strongest but he could be a monster against the run and taking up blocks on the 3-4 DL

I hadnt thought of Aaron Smith, good comparison.

BamaFalcon59
12-22-2007, 12:34 PM
If Chris Long wasn't white he would be seen as athletic as he is. He is very explosive off the line and isn't slow or unathletic by any means. He can get to the QB with the best of them but is looked upon as a 3-4 perfect fit. He can do either.

Babylon
12-22-2007, 01:00 PM
If Chris Long wasn't white he would be seen as athletic as he is. He is very explosive off the line and isn't slow or unathletic by any means. He can get to the QB with the best of them but is looked upon as a 3-4 perfect fit. He can do either.

Not sure what you're trying to say there but he's probaby as athletic or more than Kearney, Van den Bosch and Jared Allen and they're pro bowlers. I think his questioned size and speed are more than adequate for a high pick.

Don Killuminati
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Chris Long could be pink with purple polka-dots and he'd still be the best all around DE in this class. Another Aaron Kampman, I think. Gholston has huge upside as a 43 rush end.