PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City (4-10) at Detroit (6-8)

Scotty D
12-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Week 16 - Sunday 12/23
CBS 1:00

We are 4-3 at home and 2-5 on the road. Kansas city is 2-4 on the road. Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe have to be accounted for. Make them beat us with the running game. Kevin Jones needs to get 20 carries or we will lose. I don't see Kevin Jones getting 100 yards and us losing.

Prediction

Lions - 24
Chiefs - 17

detroitsports
12-22-2007, 10:17 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think 7-9 is a successful season for us.

Xiomera
12-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Chiefs 38
Lions 20

Chiefs will score on an INT return, punt return, fumble return, all for TD's.

WMD
12-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Tony Gonzales, Dwayne Bowe, Jared Allen, Derrick Johnson, Donnie Edwards, Ty Law.. Eddie Drummond.. even Kolby Smith. Gotta go with KC here.

Chiefs- 24
Lions- 13

bored of education
12-23-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm actually looking forward to this game. I think Kevin Jones will run all over KC because anyone can run on KC. I like KC's D and O over Detroits O and D.

Should be classic. . .

Scotty D
12-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Kevin Jones hurt...

I swear Calvin got up hurt after one of those catches. So I don't think he is 100 percent.

Kitna loves to throw jump balls to McDonald.

Xiomera
12-23-2007, 01:35 PM
GOTTA KEEP THE STREAK ALIVE!

Which streak?, you ask . . .

6 consecutive top ten draft picks and counting, baby!

TacticaLion
12-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Question: last week, when the Vikings beat the Bears, it was said that Detroit was mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. My question: how?

If Detroit wins out and Minnesota loses their last two, that puts us both at 8-8. Tiebreaker? Divison records. If we win out, we'd finish with a 4-2 divison record (losses to GB and Minn)... whereas Minn would finish with a 3-3 division record.

If the other 8-6, 7-7 and 6-8 teams lose, and we finish 8-8 (with Minn), that puts us above them for the last playoff spot.

So how were we mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

(Nevermind: Washington is 7-7. With a win over Minn, that puts them at LEAST 8-8, and they have the tiebreaker over us. If Minn wins, we can't tie them (9 wins). I get it now. Hey... we COULD still finish 2nd in the divison.)

TacticaLion
12-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Lions hold on to win... very nice. Now, with GB losing to Chicago and Dal beating Carolina, GB might decide to rest starters next week. 8-8?

Scotty D
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
My prediction was so close to being right. And all you negative nancys picked against us!

TacticaLion
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
My prediction was so close to being right. And all you negative nancys picked against us!

Haha... good work, Scotty.

Iamcanadian
12-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah but where is the foundation for this team's immediate and later future. Kitna will be 36 next year and that is probably his last year. Did you know that over the last 15 years only 3% of the QB's drafted in round 2 have made any impact in the NFL. That's 3% folks and Stanton is our 2nd rounder waiting in the wings with Matt Millen's stamp of approval.
I said all along that Kitna is an eight win QB. That is the highest he has ever achieved in the NFL for his whole career and if we win next week he will have reached it twice. Anybody here really believe he can win more. I don't.
I also said that Millen has built this franchise with 6 to 8 wins in mind, that he has long since given up on building a contender and just wants to hold on to his job for a few more years. I suppose since Ford extended him for winning 3 games last year, we can expect a long extention for another 4 or 5 wins. Looks like Millen will be around for another decade.
Does anybody here really believe that with Millen leading the ship, we have any future. I don't.
Welcome to the Detroit Lions folks, get used to it, it isn't going away any time soon!!!

Bootland27
12-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah but where is the foundation for this team's immediate and later future. Kitna will be 36 next year and that is probably his last year. Did you know that over the last 15 years only 3% of the QB's drafted in round 2 have made any impact in the NFL. That's 3% folks and Stanton is our 2nd rounder waiting in the wings with Matt Millen's stamp of approval.
I said all along that Kitna is an eight win QB. That is the highest he has ever achieved in the NFL for his whole career and if we win next week he will have reached it twice. Anybody here really believe he can win more. I don't.
I also said that Millen has built this franchise with 6 to 8 wins in mind, that he has long since given up on building a contender and just wants to hold on to his job for a few more years. I suppose since Ford extended him for winning 3 games last year, we can expect a long extention for another 4 or 5 wins. Looks like Millen will be around for another decade.
Does anybody here really believe that with Millen leading the ship, we have any future. I don't.
Welcome to the Detroit Lions folks, get used to it, it isn't going away any time soon!!!

You can take it even a step further and say that we have an absentee ownership, who doesn't care about winning or losing. As long as he makes money (which will continue to happen because of revenue sharing) he'll continue to hide in his little hole. The only way anything changes is if he passes away or gives up control to his son (who seems like a down to earth guy)

TacticaLion
12-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Did you know that over the last 15 years only 3% of the QB's drafted in round 2 have made any impact in the NFL. That's 3% folks and Stanton is our 2nd rounder waiting in the wings with Matt Millen's stamp of approval.

Bah... come on, IAC. That doesn't mean he wont succeed. Past failures do not dictate future outcomes.

Scotty D
12-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Just as long as we don't take a step back next year I'll be happy.