PDA

View Full Version : Martin O'Donell, G, Illinois

bored of education
12-23-2007, 12:12 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ill/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/1453451.jpeg

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper736/stills/8k59c6tn.jpg
OG from University of Illinois: Martin O'Donnell

A guy not on Scott's Ranking's I think is probably the number. AP 1st team All American

"O’Donnell started the final 10 games as an Illini redshirt freshman in 2004 and another 10 as a sophomore. In his final two seasons, O’Donnell started all 24 games. "

you have to be good to start 30 plus games in the Big 10 as a linemen.

I remember seeing him do very well against tOSU, I'll keep and eye on him against USC. He could easily be a top 3-4 guard in the draft.

VoteLynnSwan
12-23-2007, 12:14 AM
he was a 5* out of HS... huge disappointment his first two years, came on strong last year, and played great this year.

bored of education
12-23-2007, 12:15 AM
He seemed very nimble against tOSU

derza222
12-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Is he better as a run blocker or as a pass blocker?

BroadwayJoe10
12-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I've read a lot about O'Donnell and Robert Felton having their stock rise a lot recently. Both have helped lead their teams to an impressive running game. I don't know much about O'Donnell, but i know Felton is another OG on the rise who has great agility and can apparantly play center as well. I don't know how much that will raise is value, but it's always nice to have a guy who can play all along the line, and willing to. (Somewhere online their is a video of him doing cartwheels for scouts...it's something to see if you've never seen a 310+ lb guy doing cartwheels)

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
How would he fit in a ZBS?

Smokey Joe
12-23-2007, 09:02 PM
How would he fit in a ZBS?
He might fit in at tackle, but that's it, IMO.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-27-2007, 11:22 PM
I've read a lot about O'Donnell and Robert Felton having their stock rise a lot recently. Both have helped lead their teams to an impressive running game. I don't know much about O'Donnell, but i know Felton is another OG on the rise who has great agility and can apparantly play center as well. I don't know how much that will raise is value, but it's always nice to have a guy who can play all along the line, and willing to. (Somewhere online their is a video of him doing cartwheels for scouts...it's something to see if you've never seen a 310+ lb guy doing cartwheels)

Are you talking about Xavier Fulton? He plays LT - not OG. And he made the switch from DE this year and has been really impressive.

Solomon
12-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Are you talking about Xavier Fulton? He plays LT - not OG. And he made the switch from DE this year and has been really impressive.

I think he's talking about Robert Felton from Arkansas, same position as O'Donnell different school. Fulton seems intriguing though, I'll have to keep an eye on him.

BroadwayJoe10
12-29-2007, 09:08 AM
I think he's talking about Robert Felton from Arkansas, same position as O'Donnell different school. Fulton seems intriguing though, I'll have to keep an eye on him.

Ya i was, my bad for not mentioning the school. Fulton definately does seem like an intriguing prospect and I'll have to keep my eye on him.