PDA

View Full Version : Carl Nicks

BroadwayJoe10
12-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I havn't been able to see much of Nicks besides the sole Nebraska game that i watched this year. I read somewhere that he was a top juco transfer and took over the starting LT job because Chris Patrick?? left for the NFL. From what i saw though he has great size and seems a better fit at RT than at LT. I was wondering on the scale of potential RTs, barry richardson, Gosder Cherilus etc. where he would rank. Also, with his size and agility it seems he could make a pretty solid OG; is the consensus on him RT all the way or does he have a future as a OG as well? Thanks.

bored of education
12-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I think he isa solid LT prospect. Very sound fundamentally, long arms and good footwork. Heis a bigger guy and with his footwork I think he can be a solid LT at the next level.

BroadwayJoe10
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Impressive, considering he hasn't played LT for the majority of his career. I know he is pretty sound at passpro, but I'm not sure how good of a run blocker he is; i just imagined with his size he has definate promise.

bored of education
12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
He is more of a natural RT but could play both. He is a brick house. Probably better RT though in the future.

YAYareaRB
12-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Dude this guy was a beast in high school. We're from the same area relatively and I remember him being a absolute monster on both sides of the ball. Could have went D-1 right out of HS but decided to go to Hartnell Community College. Whoever picks him will be getting a solid Offensive Lineman.

bwillie26
12-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Huge lineman who I think may be bigger than listed. He is one of those lineman that if they get their hands on you, it's pretty much over with right there. Has some problems in his back pedal, so speed rushers can give him problems some times.

Biggest problem is his attitude. Practice and giving forth effort isn't exactly high on his priority list. If he had that fire in his belly, he'd likely be a top 10-15 talent.

BroadwayJoe10
12-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Good, i was waiting for a nebraska fan to see this. I didn't get to see him as much as i would like (that's basically the case with most prospects, but this little thing called college gets in my way..ahh well) so i was hoping that someone would have some good insight into him. He did look bigger his listed, i definately see him as a 330+. I wasn't sure what type of player, it's unfortunate that he doesn't have that fire.

I love that quote from parcells recently, becuase it explains exactly how i think a football team should be formed, roughly. He basically said that he wants to surround himself with people who love football; the only thing he said he wanted players to enjoy more than football is their family. When you have that, you are guaranteed to have players who will work their as*es off for their team, which can trump natural talent+lazyness a lot of the time.

bwillie26
12-28-2007, 12:48 AM
IIRC, Nicks was in the 350lbs range to begin summer conditioning. I think he got into the 330 range by the time the season was over. Do not quote me on that because I am not entirely sure.

I may be a bit hard on Nicks and his attitude though, as it was an attitude the entire team displayed, which was a major reason why Nebraska was so awful this year. Every one of those players were worried about themselves and getting theirs, rather than sacrificing for the team. Nicks just showed that type of mentality from the beginning.

Most of Nebraska's talent that will be coming out this year have quite a few personal issues. Outside of Zack Bowman and Bo Ruud (he just sucks), you won't find me being very complimentary of any of their players.

The biggest head case of them all -- Sam Keller. Close runner-up is Corey McKeon. They were both best friends. Surprise, surprise.

I know Scott Wright loves Sam Keller as a prospect, but if he just digs a little with people who know Sam, he will find that he needs to answer to quite a few personal demons before he even worries about football.