PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 mock w/ explanation for top 5 picks

23_phins_84
12-24-2007, 07:28 PM
1) Miami Dolphins: DE/OLB Vernon Gholston, Ohio State
-Bringing Parcells in will only help this franchise. Vernon Gholston is Parcell's type of player. We saw it when he took DeMarcus Ware a couple years ago. Miami runs the hybrid defense, and with Miami's aging defense, Gholston is the perfect pick here.

2) Atlanta Falcons: RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
-Atlanta's biggest need right now is Quarterback. However, at #2, there just isn't any value at QB, so instead they take the best player in the draft. Look for maybe Colt Brennan in the second round.

3) St. Louis Rams: OT Jake Long, Michigan
-I debated for a while about this pick. Eventually it came down to one of the Longs. I went with Jake for the fact that their line is old and Pace has not been healthy in years.

4) New York Jets: DE/OLB Chris Long, Virginia
-Alot like Dolphins, the Jets run a hybrid defense. And like Gholston, Long is a perfect fit. McFadden is a strong possibility here as well if he were to fall here.

5) Baltimore Ravens: DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
-The Ravens seem to like what they have at QB now, but Matt Ryan isn't ruled out of this pick here. However, I think it will wind up the best Defensive player on the board getting picked here

6) New England Patriots: LB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

7) Oakland Raiders: DT Sedrick Ellis, USC

8) Kansas City Chiefs: CB Mike Jenkins, USF

9) Cincinnati Bengals: S Kenny Phillips, Miami

10) Chicago Bears: QB Matt Ryan, Boston College

bored of education
12-24-2007, 09:05 PM
where does malcolm jenkins fall too

Yung Flippa
12-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Well thats the first time the I've seen Dorsey to the Ravens. I don't know, we already have Haloti but then again we can have our own version of the Williams(Vikings) or the Jags duo.

Ravens1991
12-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I wouldnt cry about the Dorsey pick but we got bigger needs like CB

thebow305
12-25-2007, 12:08 AM
perfect phins pick if we don't trade it

T-RICH49
12-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Malcolm Jenkins is a better poick.I just don't see Mike Jenkins being a top 10 pick

EdReedUnstoppable
12-25-2007, 12:56 AM
I love the Dorsey pick because Kelly Gregg is 31, Trevor Pryce is 33 we need youth on that DL and Dorsey and Haloti would be the best young duo in the NFL.

Bosanac01
12-25-2007, 06:29 PM
I would think the Phins would rather take Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey at numero uno.