PDA

View Full Version : Can KC get Jake Long?

KCStud
12-25-2007, 02:30 PM
They are currently in the 5 spot right now. They do play the Jets at New York and will lose that game, so they will most likely end up with the 4th pick.

Here is the draft order after this weekend. I'm guessing this is what will happen.

1.Miami-Dorsey
2.St. Louis-Chris Long
3.Atlanta-Matt Ryan
4.KC-Jake Long
5.NYJ-Darren McFadden

The only real worry is STL taking him, but I'm guessing they will pass and take the other Long, Chris Long cause their DL has been very dissapointing. They also have Orlando Pace coming back next year so you never know. Out of any team in this draft, KC needs Jake Long more than anyone.

CLong4Heisman
12-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Jake Long to Kansas City would be a great fit but would Larry Johnson be okay with have a rookie tackle.

BeerBaron
12-25-2007, 02:56 PM
the falcons fans will tell you theres no way he falls past them, but i think theyre nuts anyway, and picking 4th, its highly likely he could become a chief.

a great pick up if they get him

Young Legend
12-25-2007, 03:48 PM
KC picks 5.as of right now..they could move up as high as 3 if the rams,jets win

falconsrule
12-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I think thats the easy choice to just say Atlanta will pick a QB but if were in the top 3 trust me It wont happen.

CLong4Heisman
12-25-2007, 05:22 PM
If Atlanta doesn't take a QB in the first rounder or get one in free agency then they just blew it. Come draft day Joe Flacco will be a first round draft pick and Brohm and Ryan will have Falcon fans regreting it just like the Jets for Blair Thomas and Kyle Brady ( We want Sapp!!!!!)

BeerBaron
12-25-2007, 05:24 PM
If Atlanta doesn't take a QB in the first rounder or get one in free agency then they just blew it. Come draft day Joe Flacco will be a first round draft pick and Brohm and Ryan will have Falcon fans regreting it just like the Jets for Blair Thomas and Kyle Brady ( We want Sapp!!!!!)

so.....that was confusing.

your saying that the falcons SHOULDN'T draft a QB anywhere then or what?

CLong4Heisman
12-25-2007, 05:27 PM
so.....that was confusing.

your saying that the falcons SHOULDN'T draft a QB anywhere then or what?

Sorry, they SHOULD take a QB.

BeerBaron
12-25-2007, 05:32 PM

ah ok. cause you said that theyd be blowing it if they didnt get a QB in FA or the first round. i understood and agreed with that.

then you said about flacco, ryan and brohm and that theyed be like the jets and regret it. i thought you meant theyd regret taking one of those guys like the jets to do with the guys they took....etc....

its all good now and yes, the falcons should take a QB round 1

Paranoidmoonduck
12-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Being in the top 5, Kansas City figures to be in a great position to nab the top offensive tackle.

Just a note, if the Jets beat the Chiefs, they'll likely fall to the 8th spot (assuming neither Oakland or Baltimore win their matches).

reigle9
12-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Atlanta needs a QB but taking one that high seems like a reach. I can see a team trading up with them to get ahead of KC to take him. I'm a Dallas fan but LJ is my favorite player (PSU) so I'm hoping they can pull it off assuming Jake's stock stays high. As far as LJ wanting a rookie Tackle, I think he wants anyone that will prevent him from getting hit 3 times before he gets to the LOS.

Crickett
12-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Being in the top 5, Kansas City figures to be in a great position to nab the top offensive tackle.

Just a note, if the Jets beat the Chiefs, they'll likely fall to the 8th spot (assuming neither Oakland or Baltimore win their matches).

Sounds good to me. 8th is prime position to draft Gholston without reaching.

falconsrule
12-25-2007, 06:46 PM

Why should we take a QB? Because you want KC to draft Jake Long.....We have 2 second rounders and we could move back into the 1st to take a QB if one of them happens to slip which is very possible or even wait in the 2nd round to draft Colt Brennan

princefielder28
12-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Why should we take a QB? Because you want KC to draft Jake Long.....We have 2 second rounders and we could move back into the 1st to take a QB if one of them happens to slip which is very possible or even wait in the 2nd round to draft Colt Brennan

They only problem is Brennan isn't NFL ready like Brohm, and maybe Ryan, but if they are able to bring in a veteran QB to start for a year or two and let him develop then there's a strong possibility that they invest a 2nd on a QB. Joe Flacco could also be a possibility; a bit of a project but could certainly be better than the "Big 3"

reigle9
12-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Falcons have two seconds? You're right, you could trade up if one fell. With all of those picks, it should be fun to be the GM.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Falcons have two seconds? You're right, you could trade up if one fell. With all of those picks, it should be fun to be the GM.

Not to mention, we might add a 3rd in compensation for Kerney.

BroadwayJoe10
12-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Sounds good to me. 8th is prime position to draft Gholston without reaching.

I'm with you 110% but i'm growing worried that oakland may take him ahead of us. I fully expect to win this weekend against herm and just hope that gholston is there when we pick. Oh and not just that he's there, that we actually take him.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Not to mention, we might add a 3rd in compensation for Kerney.

Although you cannot trade compensation picks...

PossumBoy9
12-26-2007, 01:00 AM
The only real worry is STL taking him, but I'm guessing they will pass and take the other Long, Chris Long cause their DL has been very dissapointing.

As a Rams fan, I think you've guessed right.

I hope so at least.

Number 10
12-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Long go #1 to Miami....I actually lik thaqt idea more than Dorsey.

Babylon
12-26-2007, 02:15 PM
They are currently in the 5 spot right now. They do play the Jets at New York and will lose that game, so they will most likely end up with the 4th pick.

Here is the draft order after this weekend. I'm guessing this is what will happen.

1.Miami-Dorsey
2.St. Louis-Chris Long
3.Atlanta-Matt Ryan
4.KC-Jake Long
5.NYJ-Darren McFadden

The only real worry is STL taking him, but I'm guessing they will pass and take the other Long, Chris Long cause their DL has been very dissapointing. They also have Orlando Pace coming back next year so you never know. Out of any team in this draft, KC needs Jake Long more than anyone.

I like the part that says "they do play at the Jets and will lose that game", like Jets are actually good, thats funny.

12-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Long go #1 to Miami....I actually lik thaqt idea more than Dorsey.

I agree if they dont go McFadden then that would be the next best pick. Atleast he wouldnt be overdrafted like some of these other guys being plugged in as the top pick.

CLong4Heisman
12-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I like the part that says "they do play at the Jets and will lose that game", like Jets are actually good, thats funny.

Jets are the best 3-12 team ever.

rascal
12-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Aren't the Jets favored by the bookies? That's pretty bad.

I hope Petterson continues to screw things up and somehow they don't end up drafting Long.

Babylon
12-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Jets are the best 3-12 team ever.

Of course they are.

adschofield
12-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Aren't the Jets favored by the bookies? That's pretty bad.

I hope Petterson continues to screw things up and somehow they don't end up drafting Long.

Peterson isn't a dumb when it comes to drafting players...he just is horrible in free agency

bspen4
12-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Peterson isn't a dumb when it comes to drafting players...he just is horrible in free agency

Isnt horrible drafting players? Justin Medlock, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Sylvester Morris? Yep he is a drafting master

12-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Isnt horrible drafting players? Justin Medlock, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Sylvester Morris? Yep he is a drafting master

Jared Allen, Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, etc.

bspen4
12-26-2007, 06:58 PM
ok I'll admit he has his moments but over his whole tenure he has had more bad picks than good picks.

12-26-2007, 07:07 PM
ok I'll admit he has his moments but over his whole tenure he has had more bad picks than good picks.

He hasnt missed in the first round since '02 with Ryan Sims. Not every team can say that.

derza222
12-26-2007, 07:09 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure we'll only slip to 7.

1. Miami (1-14)
2. St. Louis (3-12)
3. NYJ (3-12)
4. Atlanta (3-12)
5. KC (4-11)
6. Oakland (4-11)
7. Baltimore (4-11)
8. NE from SF (5-10)

Unless I have San Fran's record wrong we can't slip below a 5-11 team at 4-12, so assuming Atlanta, Oakland, and Baltimore lose we would slip to 7. And I'm also not so sure about Gholston being there at 7. He'd probably be there at 3, but at 7 I'm not so sure and if he's not around then I have no idea who we'd target.

bspen4
12-26-2007, 07:09 PM
look at the years before 02 though.. and scattered throughout those picks you will see guys that can safely be labeled as busts

12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
look at the years before 02 though.. and scattered throughout those picks you will see guys that can safely be labeled as busts

Well, what hes done in the last 5 years matters most because those are the same guys building the foundation of the Chiefs franchise which looks really bright if they can add a few pieces (QB, OT, CB, etc.)

Paranoidmoonduck
12-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure we'll only slip to 7.

You're right, that was my bad.

bspen4
12-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, what hes done in the last 5 years matters most because those are the same guys building the foundation of the Chiefs franchise which looks really bright if they can add a few pieces (QB, OT, CB, etc.)

But if he had of drafted the right guys say 7 or 8 years ago then we would have proven and experienced veterans leading our team

adschofield
12-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Carl Peterson is the scapegoat...How soon we forget that he is the one who turned around this franchise that was a joke in the '80's...He's more of a hands off GM, and lets the coaches pick the personnel...Notice how all the bad picks were during the Dick Vermeil Era...He's had his fair share of busts, but he's found some gems as well...Derrick Thomas, Jared Allen, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Neil Smith, John Tait

KaneMarko
12-28-2007, 11:52 AM

1.Miami-Dorsey
2.St. Louis-Chris Long
3.Atlanta-Matt Ryan
4.KC-Jake Long
5.NYJ-Darren McFadden

Iím really hoping we can get Jake Long. But in order for that to happen I donít think we can fall further than 5th overall in the draft. Right now weíre 5th. Miami already has #1 overall locked up. Not sure I see Jake Long going 1st overall. So once you get past that, the next biggest threats to take him are St. Louis and Atlanta. I donít see us leapfrogging them to get in front of them because I donít see Atlanta beating Seattle and I donít see St. Louis beating Arizona. So I think the highest we can go is probably 4th overall. If thatís the case, I can see a better than average chance of him still being there assuming the Falcons go after a QB or McFadden and St Louis goes after the Son of Howie. But this is all speculation. I just know as a Chiefs fan I would love to draft Jake Long and let him anchor our left side for the next decade.

PossumBoy9
12-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Iím really hoping we can get Jake Long. But in order for that to happen I donít think we can fall further than 5th overall in the draft. Right now weíre 5th. Miami already has #1 overall locked up. Not sure I see Jake Long going 1st overall. So once you get past that, the next biggest threats to take him are St. Louis and Atlanta.

I really don't think St. Louis is a threat to pick Jake Long.

KaneMarko
12-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I really don't think St. Louis is a threat to pick Jake Long.

You're probably right. But you never know.

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 05:38 PM

1.Miami-Dorsey
2.St. Louis-Chris Long
3.Atlanta-Matt Ryan
4.KC-Jake Long
5.NYJ-Darren McFadden

Read your sig. It applies to the Falcons. And the Falons need Jake Long more than Kansas City. We have 285 pound Quinn Ojinnaka at left tackle.

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Anyone else think that the bowl game against Florida could make or break Jake Long's top 5 status? Florida has some very quick DEs who love to attack the QB and if long gets beat I could see him falling out of the top 5