PDA

View Full Version : 2 Round Mock

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Give advice and examples of better picks.

Mock Draft
12- 27- 07

Round 1
1.Miami: Glenn Dorsey, DT Louisiana State
2.Saint Louis: Chris Long, DE Virginia
3.New York Jets: Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
4.Atlanta: Jake Long, OT Michigan
5.Kansas City: Ryan Clady, OT Boise State
6.Oakland: Vernon Gholston, DE/ OLB Ohio State
7.Baltimore: Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State
8.New England (f/ San Francisco): James Laurinitis, LB Ohio State
9.Cincinnati: Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
10. Denver: Kenny Phillips, DB Miami Fl.
11. Carolina: Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
12. Chicago: Andre Woodson, QB Kentucky
13. Arizona: Mike Jenkins, CB Southern Florida
14. New Orleans: Dan Connor, LB Penn. State
15. Buffalo: Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma
16. Houston: Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
17. Detroit: Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
18. Philadelphia: Reggie Smith, DB Oklahoma
19. Minnesota: Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
20. Washington: Calais Campbell, DE Miami Fl.
21. Tennessee: DeSean Jackson, WR California
22. Dallas (f/ Cleveland): Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
23. Tampa Bay: Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
24. Seattle: Martin Rucker, TE Missouri
25. Pittsburgh: Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma
26. San Diego: Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College
27. New York Giants: Keith Rivers, LB USC
28. Jacksonville: Chris Ellis, DE Virginia Tech.
29. Green Bay: Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
30. San Francisco (from Indianapolis): Kentwan Balmer, DE North Carolina
31. Dallas: Early Doucet, WR Louisiana State
32. New England: Forfeited

Round 2

32. Miami: Quentin Groves, DE/ OLB Auburn
33. Atlanta: Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii
34. New York Jets: Derrick Harvey, DE/ OLB Florida
35. Saint Louis Rams: Sam Baker, OT USC
36. Baltimore: Adarious Bowman, WR Oklahoma State
37. Oakland: Limas Sweed, WR Texas
38. Kansas City: Frank Okam, DT Texas
39. San Francisco: Shawn Crable, ILB/ OLB Michigan
40. Chicago: Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt
41. Carolina: Thomas DeCoud, S California
42. Denver: Tony Hills, OT Texas
43. Cincinnati: Phillip Wheeler, OLB Georgia Tech.
44. Philadelphia: Lawrence Jackson, DE USC
45. Detroit: Barry Richardson, OT Clemson
46. Atlanta: James Davis, RB Clemson
47. Buffalo: John Carlson, TE Notre Dame
48. New Orleans: Tracy Porter, CB Indiana
49. Arizona: Chris Johnson, RB East Carolina
50. Minnesota: Fred Davis, TE USC
51. Washington: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
52. Tampa Bay: Jonathan Heffney, DB Tennessee
53. Cleveland: Dantrell Savage, RB Oklahoma State
54. Tennessee: Dre Moore, DT Maryland
55. New York Giants: DJ Wolfe, S Oklahoma
56. Miami: Jonathan Goff, ILB Miami
57. Pittsburgh: Charles Godfrey, CB/ S Iowa
58. Seattle: Steve Slaton, RB West Virginia
59. Jacksonville: Trae Williams, CB South Florida
60. Green Bay: Xavier Adibi, OLB Virginia Tech.
61. Indianapolis: Eric Young, OG Tennessee
62. Dallas: Terrell Thomas, CB USC
63. New England: Tashard Choice, RB Georgia Tech.

bored of education
12-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Im not sold on Okam for KC. Only 2 DTs id take in the 1st 4 rounds are Ellis and Dorsey. Much more pressing needs include QB, WR, OG, OT, Coach etc

regoob2
12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't know if the Bears go have a better draft with who's on the board. Fill probably our 2 biggest needs good job.

Yung Flippa
12-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Solid Ravens 1st round pick, but give us Lawrence Jackson in round 2.

T-RICH49
12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Im not sold on Okam for KC. Only 2 DTs id take in the 1st 4 rounds are Ellis and Dorsey. Much more pressing needs include QB, WR, OG, OT, Coach etc

are you serious?Okam is a great pick in the 2nd.Tyler has proven to be nothing so far and Turk McBride will never be a starting DT in this league.

cordscords
12-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Good Packers mock.

skinzzfan25
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Good Redskin mock. Calais is obviously a need, and I like Rodgers-Cromartie a lot.

I might look at Dre Moore, cause I'm a MD homer :P

Young Legend
12-27-2007, 03:56 PM
love the Gholston pick

but Dre Moore would be a better pick in the second round a run stoping dt

The OUTLAW
12-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I wish people would finally understand that the Browns biggest need BY FAR is on the defensive line. NOT running back. There is absolutely 0 chance that the Browns reach to take a scatback like Savage in the second. Red Bryant (or even Dre Moore) is a much more logical pick.

gdamac
12-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I like the raider draft, two good picks IMO.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I wish people would finally understand that the Browns biggest need BY FAR is on the defensive line. NOT running back. There is absolutely 0 chance that the Browns reach to take a scatback like Savage in the second. Red Bryant (or even Dre Moore) is a much more logical pick.

I did look at DL first. But I didn't see any noze tackle or defensive end worthy of the pick. Not a great draft for 3-4 defensive line prospects. I don't think Moore can play any position in the 3-4 and I don't view Bryant as a good value in round 2. I have you guys resigning Lewis and Savage would be a nice complementary back. Your 2nd and 3rd runningbacks had a combined 387 rushing yards and none of them are really versatile like Savage. Productive guy too.

Teams reach every year.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:20 PM

I saw your rushing defense was a big problem and IMO Okam is a nice value at that pick. I would think Brodie Croyle will be given one more year and a second wide receiver can be grabbed later. Clady solves one big problem at OT and G I didn't know about the value.

You think you need to draft a coach, try being a Falcons fan.

bored of education
12-27-2007, 05:22 PM
are you serious?Okam is a great pick in the 2nd.Tyler has proven to be nothing so far and Turk McBride will never be a starting DT in this league.

IF the draft occured the way he has it, I'd rather go Sedrick Ellis then Chris Williams

Ellis is light years ahead of Okam and Williams (personally i think is a better LT prospect than Clady) is not far behind Clady in most peoples eyes.

The OUTLAW
12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I did look at DL first. But I didn't see any noze tackle or defensive end worthy of the pick. Not a great draft for 3-4 defensive line prospects. I don't think Moore can play any position in the 3-4 and I don't view Bryant as a good value in round 2. I have you guys resigning Lewis and Savage would be a nice complementary back. Your 2nd and 3rd runningbacks had a combined 387 rushing yards and none of them are really versatile like Savage. Productive guy too.

Teams reach every year.

The reason that our 2 and 3 backs only had limited yardage is because they don't get reps. No way do the Browns waste a pick on an undersized RB when they already have a 3rd down back that they don't utilize. No matter how you try to justify it, that pick stinks for the Browns. If they are going to get a RB they need one to carry the load, not a 3rd down back. And there are very few RB's under 200 lbs that can carry the load.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 05:39 PM
The reason that our 2 and 3 backs only had limited yardage is because they don't get reps. No way do the Browns waste a pick on an undersized RB when they already have a 3rd down back that they don't utilize. No matter how you try to justify it, that pick stinks for the Browns. If they are going to get a RB they need one to carry the load, not a 3rd down back. And there are very few RB's under 200 lbs that can carry the load.

THen give me another pick because no DL is worth that pick.

Bar-bq
12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
That's the best Rams top 2 I've seen. Well done.

Rich Jr
12-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Saints

1st-Love the pick

2nd-Give us Fred Davis or Dre Moore.

princefielder28
12-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't like McKelvin to GB

Caddy
12-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Brohm I could see. Heffney; not so much.

The OUTLAW
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
THen give me another pick because no DL is worth that pick.

I gave you two, but you seem to think they aren't worth that pick. While I think that the initial pick isn't worth that pick either.

thebow305
12-27-2007, 06:55 PM
pretty solid phins draft....

I would have have a Gholston/Baker or Gholston/Moore combo then Dorsey/Groves

Vernon Gholston and Sam Baker with our first two picks would be magical.

Chucky
12-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Exactly, Heffney just doesnt provide value for the bucs.

dbtb135
12-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Exactly...

aNYtitan
12-28-2007, 12:10 AM
2 very good Titans draft choices. DeSean Jackson is a need and a great pick at where he is at. Not top end speed like Ted Ginn Jr. from last year but better complete WR. I really think its the best selection. In the second, I don't know much about Dre Moore, and I'm not sure whether we draft DT, given that it is all but given that we must resign Haynesworth this offseason

yo123
12-28-2007, 12:43 AM
I'd rather see someone like Chris Williams or Gosder Cherilus in the first for the Vikes, I'm not a big Otah fan, but the second round pick is solid.

Dam8610
12-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Bad Colts pick, definitely would prefer DeMario Pressley.

islandboy843
12-28-2007, 01:41 AM
Great Titans Draft

The Legend
12-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Got To Love The Packers Draft

LonghornsLegend
12-28-2007, 03:24 AM
That would be an awesome two first rounds for the falcons, the left side of the o line would be very solid and young with blalock and long, getting colt to grow roddy and the supporting cast and james davis/norwood backfield would be sick...You can only hope they feel the same way, that route looks like the best case scenario

As far as Dallas, I think we take a corner in the 1st rd, more of a pressing need, and i really dont see us going wr in the 1st unless its desean jackson, although I like doucet I think we are going to look for a faster guy to replace glenn doucet is too similiar to crayton...lavelle hawkins or donnie avery could also get some looks

Don Killuminati
12-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Gholston in 1 is great. Rd2 would have to be Dre Moore or Red Bryant, though...unless Limas Sweed can gain 100lbs and stuff the run.

iloxygenil
12-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I'd almost like to see Atlanta go 1.) Long 2a.) Baker and see how far that caused Colt to fall...if he didn't make it to our 2b.) then we'd have to look elsewhere, but with Long AND Baker plus we have Blalock and Datish...we'd have a great young line forming.

Bills2083
12-28-2007, 11:22 AM
If we go with a WR in round 1, I'd rather take a CB/LB in round 2.

1. Malcolm Kelly
2. Charles Godfrey

that would be better IMO

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 06:20 PM
I'd almost like to see Atlanta go 1.) Long 2a.) Baker and see how far that caused Colt to fall...if he didn't make it to our 2b.) then we'd have to look elsewhere, but with Long AND Baker plus we have Blalock and Datish...we'd have a great young line forming.

I can't see is taking two offensive tackles with our first two picks when we have much more pressing needs than replacing Todd Weiner.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 06:21 PM
That would be an awesome two first rounds for the falcons, the left side of the o line would be very solid and young with blalock and long, getting colt to grow roddy and the supporting cast and james davis/norwood backfield would be sick...You can only hope they feel the same way, that route looks like the best case scenario

As far as Dallas, I think we take a corner in the 1st rd, more of a pressing need, and i really dont see us going wr in the 1st unless its desean jackson, although I like doucet I think we are going to look for a faster guy to replace glenn doucet is too similiar to crayton...lavelle hawkins or donnie avery could also get some looks

Oh believe me I wish we could pull out that draft. I'd love it; our offense would go from anemic to tons of potential.

ancoin
12-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Round 1
19. Minnesota: Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
I would pick CC or DeSean over Otah any day. DE and WR are bigger needs. My pick would be Calais. With him making 10+ sacks we could get enough pressure with our d-line so the LB donīt have to blitz or the QB donīt have time to pick the DB zones. DeSean would give us a big playmaker and make our pass offense more respected so teams just cannot smack AD with 9 players in the box.

Round 2
50. Minnesota: Fred Davis, TE USC
Here the BPA of RT,S or WR(or DE if we picked DeSean).
We signed Shanicoe and Chiller has said he believes in bigger production from him. If so I don't think theyīll pick a TE so high. Not when we got small hole in the big picture. Fill them before doing extra stuff.

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Love the New Orleans draft. Great work there.

12-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I dont really agree with Sweed in the second. If anything we need an every down speed receiver on the outside like a Manningham but since Okam is still on the board and fills a much bigger need Id say him.

jdb1972
12-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Boilerplate response: Carolina has never drafted a QB first day under Fox/Hurney and the only S they've ever drafted first day was Thomas Davis, who they moved to LB ASAP. Hey, last year, they traded down rather than take Reggie Nelson. And yet every year, everyone thinks they're going to go QB and safety (and usually TE as well) in the first few rounds.

They're much more likely to sign a vet to back up Delhomme until they can gauge his recovery and get a handle on what they have in Moore and Basanez. Likewise, they're likely to keep throwing veteran waiver wire trash in at safety.

More likely is OT (both starters are UFAs, and there aren't any backups waiting in the wings), DE (Rucker is retiring, and they were at the bottom of the league in sacks), DT (at least one starter will be a cap casualty, and both the backups are UFAs), and/or WR (Jarrett's been a disappointment and this year's #2 and #3 are UFAs).

MNRunLeft
12-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Give the Vikings Calis or Brohm at that point both are to talented for the Vikings to pass on and each are a position of need.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-30-2007, 01:04 AM
I love this draft for the Ravens!

KCJ58
12-30-2007, 02:46 AM
Chris Long and Sam Baker = Best Draft Ever!