PDA

View Full Version : Felix Jones

Rich Jr
12-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Just reported on Arkansas radio he's returning.

OregonDucks
12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Im sure we all called that one.

Rich Jr
12-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Quite a few mocks had Felix in them. Some in round 1. It's best for his stock though.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Bad move for him. How much higher can a speed back go than 15-25?

Billingsley26
12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I think it was a bad move. I dont think he as talanted as DMAC, and he benefitted alot from being in the same backfield, and I think everyone can agree. He is still a talent, but I think he should have come out this year.

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Well I think that rules out a rb in the 1st for dallas, Id like to think Mendenhall would go before early twenties

Rich Jr
12-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Well I think that rules out a rb in the 1st for dallas, Id like to think Mendenhall would go before early twentiesLooking for a compliment fot Barbarian? I think he could carry the load no?

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't know if it is a bad move. He'll get a lot of chances to carry the load in Arkansas

princefielder28
12-27-2007, 07:10 PM
I believe that he wants to show that he can be a one man show and he's hoping that will propel his draft stock higher for next season

toonsterwu
12-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I think it's a good move for him. There's a chance he can move closer to the mid-first next year. Granted, there's risk involved, as he has to play out next year first, and who knows what happens. But he was more of a late first/early 2nd this year.

It'll be interesting to see which junior RB's declare. I think Slaton is probably headed back barring a surprise. I think Rice is the one that should declare. I could see James Davis consider bolting as a result of Jones staying. There's often a surprise bolt. James Davis may qualify as a surprise, but with Charles/Kevin Smith looking like they are all staying, I could see a junior decide to see if they can sneak into the 2nd/3rd stanza.

Anyhow, I guess the RB rankings are getting clearer. My order (with James Davis as a junior in)

First Tier

1. Darren McFadden - No question. Only thing left is whether or not he can run, say, a low 4.4 or better. Top 5 pick.

2. Rashard Mendenhall - His 40 time will be huge. A mid-4.4 time or better, and he may lock up the 2nd spot. Mid-late first.

3. Jonathan Stewart - A lot of folks are wondering on that 40 time. A bad time (say mid-4.5's or worse) and he could fall a bit. Remember how Steven Jackson fell? It could happen here, even though for his size, a 4.55 type time is fine. Late first/early 2nd.

2nd tier

4. Chris Johnson - I expect him to keep sliding his way up. A huge 40 time (say low 4.3, if not an insane high 4.2) and there is an outside chance he goes late first. 2nd rounder.

5. Ray Rice - A lot of folks seem to love this guy. I wonder what his 40 time will be. Seems all over the board. But enough folks like him that I can't see him dropping out of the 2nd. Outside shot at late first. early-mid 2nd.

6. James Davis - If he bolts, I think he'll get a lot of looks. Solid back. A good 40 time and he's got an outside shot at late first. mid-2nd-early 3rd.

3rd tier

7. Mike Hart - Some like him as a tough back. Others don't for obvious reasons. I don't see him dropping out of the 3rd, though. Some team will gamble on "toughness" and "leadership". late 2nd - mid 3rd

8. Matt Forte - Good size and what seems like enough speed. Think Brian Leonard. For all the focus on Jacob Hester that's been given this year, Forte's a similar, and better, prospect. mid 3rd - mid 4th.

9. Tashard Choice - I like the guy. Solid player. Just too many concerns, ranging from health to 40 time. If healthy, could be a solid player, perhaps more of a complement than a lead. mid 3rd - mid 5th.

10. Louis Rankin - A bit under the radar, it seems, but he seems to look the part. I like what I saw this year, and he has good enough size. 40 time will be huge. late 3rd - early 5th (range isn't as low as Choice's due to Choice's health questions)

One of my personal favorites, Calvin Dawson, just hurt himself bad by stealing. I won't be surprised if he ends up in Canada.

fenikz
12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
3. Jonathan Stewart - A lot of folks are wondering on that 40 time. A bad time (say mid-4.5's or worse) and he could fall a bit. Remember how Steven Jackson fell? It could happen here, even though for his size, a 4.55 type time is fine. Late first/early 2nd.

I thought Stewart has been timed at a 4.3, i don't see him running any higher than a 4.46

toonsterwu
12-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Stewart's times have been all over the board. Some have him high 4.3's, I've seen others say high 4.5's.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree with toonster. If Johnson runs well, he is going to make some major moves on boards.

diabsoule
12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
I think it's a very good move for him. It will show if he is able to carry a full load or not.

RyanLeaf#1
12-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Im sure we all called that one.

Whose we all? He would have probably been a late 1st early 2nd rounder if he would have come out.

LonghornsLegend
12-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Looking for a compliment fot Barbarian? I think he could carry the load no?

I just felt that if he was there Jerry may have felt intrigued about picking an Arkansas guy to fill a need, but now I really dont expect we take any of the tier 1 backs

gsoturf
12-28-2007, 09:44 PM
A lot of times you gotta look at it from the players point of view. He prob wants to prove him self as a work horse back snice he has not had that chance.

D-Unit
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Hip Hip Hooray! I didn't want him in Dallas.

JT Jag
12-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Bad move for him. How much higher can a speed back go than 15-25?5-15 if he flashes power-running ability his senior year.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't see him doing that. I see a speed back who will wear down. I think his stock gos down if anything.

Rich Jr
12-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Hip Hip Hooray! I didn't want him in Dallas.He'd be a great compliment to Marion.

D-Unit
12-29-2007, 01:24 AM
He'd be a great compliment to Marion.
He might be. Not worth spending a first rounder on to figure out.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-29-2007, 02:17 AM
I thought Stewart has been timed at a 4.3, i don't see him running any higher than a 4.46

We heard a lot of noise that Stewart had run a mid 4.3 early in his college career, but after watching him, I can't imagine that's the case. Maybe he's just that much slower in pads, but in every game I've ever seen him he's looked like a 4.5 or slower runner.

As for Jones, this is definitely a risk/reward move. I don't think it would have hurt him tremendously to come out early, because he was probably at the top of every team's list when it came to speedy runners (although I guess Chris Johnson might have ended up being a very close 2nd), but a strong year next season and he could probably get talk as a top 10 pick.

WildDude
12-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Felix should go he cant possibly have a better year than he had last year his average was unbelievable and with Peternio's pass happy offense i dont think his rushing numbers will get much better...

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Petrino does run the ball. I don't know where the perception that he doesn't came from. He spreads the field and likes a power running game (which Felix does not fit into).