PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs. Georgia

TouchdownUSC
12-27-2007, 08:08 PM
I think Hawaii has a shot if there defense plays well. If the defense can not hold Georgia's offense i think they will run in to trouble. I'd like to see Brennan and the Warriors pull it off.

Rich Jr
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
UGA by 20 JMO

12-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Hawaii cant afford to get down early against a team as talented as they've ever faced in Georgia. It worked before against Washington but Georgias got too many offensive weapons that can bury you instantly.

Rich Jr
12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
It'll be a high scoring game until UGA wares down Hawaii with their running game and controls the clock.

12-27-2007, 09:18 PM
It'll be a high scoring game until UGA wares down Hawaii with their running game and controls the clock.

Thats the deciding factor in the game right there.

TigerBait45
12-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Hawaii is explosive enough to score on Georgia, but I really don't think they've got the defense to stop them. UGA should score at least 40 on them.

45-24 Georgia is my prediction if they show up to play. If they look at Hawaii like they did West Virginia it might be much closer..Hawaii could win if they come out like that.

Namy
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I feel like Georgia SHOULD win... but I've been having doubts recently. In the year of the upset, I can see Hawaii winning. I feel like even tho Stafford and Moreno are amazing talents, their relative inexperience could lead to some costly turnovers... and we all know that turnovers are the ultimate equalizers.

D-Unit
12-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I'd like to think Hawaii will win, but come on... it's not really possible.

Considering the recruiting, the facilities, the history, the budget, the cost of coaching, etc etc... Hawaii's football program is 100 times outmatched in every way.

For them to pull this off, would be the biggest upset in sports history.

D-Unit
12-27-2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqwSa5IugNc

bored of education
12-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Nice video! goo RAINBOWSSSSSS

they should bust out oldschool rainbow uni's to throw GA off

jballa838
12-28-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqwSa5IugNc
wow, they were very laid back practicing in that video.

Billingsley26
12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I'd like to think Hawaii will win, but come on... it's not really possible.

Considering the recruiting, the facilities, the history, the budget, the cost of coaching, etc etc... Hawaii's football program is 100 times outmatched in every way.

For them to pull this off, would be the biggest upset in sports history.

I dont think this is bigger than App State over Michigan. You talk about the recruiting, the facilities, the history, the budget, the cost of coaching, etc, etc

I think Hawaii's offense has a legit shot to go toe to toe with Georgia's offense. I stil think that BSU beating OK last year is bigger than Hawaii beating Georgia, if they do.

I stil think it is possible.

D-Unit
12-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I dont think this is bigger than App State over Michigan. You talk about the recruiting, the facilities, the history, the budget, the cost of coaching, etc, etc

I think Hawaii's offense has a legit shot to go toe to toe with Georgia's offense. I stil think that BSU beating OK last year is bigger than Hawaii beating Georgia, if they do.

I stil think it is possible.
If Hawaii loses, people will say they were right about them all along being a crap team.

If Hawaii wins, they'll say Georgia had a bad game.

I think they'll lose, but I believe they'll win!!!

Billingsley26
12-28-2007, 01:12 PM
If Hawaii loses, people will say they were right about them all along being a crap team.

Yeah, no doubt, its like a lose lose for Hawaii, but still there is nothing bigger than winning this game. All they can hope for is a win similar to how BSU won last year. Not saying it has to be that dramatic, but last year BSU got the best out of OK. You can only hope for the same this year from Georgia. I hope Hawaii pulls it out.

12-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Just to have Hawaii in a major BCS bowl game is a win in itself for the program. Its incredible to think of how many players from this team will be drafted next year! There are already a lot of great Hawaii alumni in the league right now. :)

Billingsley26
12-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Just to have Hawaii in a major BCS bowl game is a win in itself for the program. Its incredible to think of how many players from this team will be drafted next year! There are already a lot of great Hawaii alumni in the league right now. :)

Yeah, thats true, but what me and D are trrying to say is that as much of a win it is in a finanial veiw point, for the program's sake it could hurt them. What we mean is that if they get absoluetly killed, it shows the country that even though they beat the hell outta a crappy conference, they couldn't do anbything against a top conference. And it wasnt even a team who played in its conference finals.

If they blow out Georgia, then people will say that Georgia did not play their game and was off beat. All Hawaii can ask for is a compelling 50-48 victory, where they get the absolute best out of Georgia.

D-Unit
12-28-2007, 01:30 PM
wow, they were very laid back practicing in that video.
Laid back, relaxed and having fun... That's the ONLY way to go!

You guys gotta check this out! Only Part 1 and 2 out now... 3 & 4 to come later.

Just awesome!!! :D

Colt Brennan and June Jones in the Magic Temple

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x2zAqNdyXSY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDwXyhLwFNs

RoyHall#1
12-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Sorry D, but I have Georgia as my 31 pointer.

D-Unit
12-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Give me 31 points and I'll put up as much money as you'll let me. Let's make a bet!

Namy
12-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Okay, now that's just dumb. I think Georgia will win, but you have to give Hawaii respect.. especially in retrospect of this season (with how strong Hawaii's offense is and how many upsets there have been).

I think it'll be a shootout. Hawaii WILL score 30+. I just think Georgia has the ammo to go for 40-50 pts. However, I would not be surprised if Georgia lost because of TURNOVERS from Stafford and Moreno.

D-Unit
12-29-2007, 08:24 PM
http://blog.nola.com/gladow/2007/12/video_sugar_bowl_hawaii_practi_2.html

Shane P. Hallam
12-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I'll be rooting for Hawaii to take down the mighty SEC giant. But I think Georgia matches up well offensively.

D-Unit
12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.nola.com/sports/

12/28 practice below.

neko4
12-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Can anybody tell me how much depth UGA has in the secondary and how good their pass rush is, I think that will determine if the can stop the Hawaii O

BNad
12-30-2007, 12:40 AM
The depth we have in the secondary is all young. The pass rush isn't bad, but I don't know about the depth we have. Rushing the passer every down will tire them out. I could definitely see us giving up a lot of points... I just don't want to.

D-Unit
12-30-2007, 12:49 AM
If Georgia can pressure Colt with just their front 4, then it'll be a long night for Hawaii.

I keep hearing about how Georgia will try to command the Time of Possession by running the ball to keep Hawaii's offense off the field.

I think Hawaii should command the TOP by keeping their offense on the field, with short passes and not running out of bounds. But they can't forget the long ball either. I've seen Colt forget about it at times.

paladin
12-30-2007, 01:41 AM

That's why I can't stand to listen to the talking heads when they talk about the SEC.

If the SEC is such a better conference top-to-bottom then any other conference then, yes, they deserved to be favored. But then if that SEC team goes on to lose, then they use the excuse, 'we had a bad game. we didn't play up to our potential, etc...'

If these SEC teams are so much better, then just win. Just win, baby.

But if you lose, then acknowledge the other team beat you. No matter the conference.

SuperKevin
12-31-2007, 02:25 AM
This is the game I'm most interested in watching. I'm curious to see if Hawaii can pull off the giant killer role that Boise state pulled off last year.

12-31-2007, 02:27 AM
This is the game I'm most interested in watching. I'm curious to see if Hawaii can pull off the giant killer role that Boise state pulled off last year.

and this team actually has a cover boy..

SuperKevin
12-31-2007, 02:40 AM

Unfortunately they also have a much more predictable offense. It's painfully obvious that they are going to come out throwing 90% of the time so I guarentee Georgia's secondary has been taking a ton of extra reps in practice

Billingsley26
12-31-2007, 10:06 AM

Your telling me Boise didnt have a cover boy?

Jared Zabransky????
Ian Johnson????

Beans
12-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Your telling me Boise didnt have a cover boy?

Jared Zabransky????
Ian Johnson????

yeah, but did anyone know who they were before that game

anyway, im definitely supporting hawaii tomorrow. got a new colt brennan jersey to wear.

RoyHall#1
12-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I meant I have Georgia as my 31 point certainty level. I don't think they're going to win by more than 30.

D-Unit
12-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately they also have a much more predictable offense. It's painfully obvious that they are going to come out throwing 90% of the time so I guarentee Georgia's secondary has been taking a ton of extra reps in practice
Not sure how predictable Hawaii's offense is. Sure, you know they'll pass. However, the offensive play call depends on the coverage being shown. The receivers don't run set routes. It's not an offense that receivers get the play call and run a set route down the field no matter what. The route they run is dependent on the coverage. The WRs have to read the coverage and think like a QB.... they have to be on the same page as the Colt. They could run 3 different routes depending on what's shown.

D-Unit
12-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Fresno St beat Georgia Tech 40-28. Georgia beat Georgia Tech 31-17.

All of a sudden, I'm a little more hopeful that Hawaii can beat Georgia. :D

D-Unit
12-31-2007, 07:38 PM
From the Star-Bulletin By Dave Reardon
Posted On: December 31st, 2007 10:44AM

http://starbulletin.com/blogs/uhsportse ... f-the-day/

Georgia coach Mark Richt said Knowshon Moreno won’t start at running back. Thomas Brown is his replacement. Moreno has been hampered by a sprained left ankle but is still expected to play.

D-Unit
12-31-2007, 07:41 PM
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/uga/entries/2007/12/31/hawaii_appears.html

Hawaii appears to have emotional edge

By Chip Towers | Monday, December 31, 2007, 12:18 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Happy New Year from the Big Easy! Well, almost. I was in the French Quarter last night and it’s hard to imagine the way people were partying down there that they’d have much left for the actual New Year’s Eve celebration tonight.

That was one observation I made. Another is that there are a LOT of Hawaii fans here. It’s going to be interesting to see exactly how many when everybody pours into the Superdome for tomorrow night’s Sugar Bowl matchup between the Warriors (12-0) and Georgia (10-2). I’ve heard estimates ranging from 25,000 to 50,000 and coach June Jones said 35,000. I’m inclined to think it has to be on the low side of that scale but we’ll see.

Conversely, there are plenty of Georgia fans here but it doesn’t appear to me that there’s as many as I’m accustomed to seeing for a Sugar Bowl. Perhaps it’s because of the BCS Championship Game snub or maybe it is because the Bulldogs have played in this bowl in three of the last six years. Whatever it is, there just doesn’t seem to be the excitement and electricity one usually feels from the fans for a major BCS bowl.

And like I said, Hawaii folks are going bonkers over this. That were certainly in a celebratory mood down in the Quarter. I read in one of the Honolulu papers that the undefeated Warriors playing in the Sugar Bowl is the biggest thing for Hawaii since it was granted statehood.

On a related note, I heard last night that Georgia was trying to organize its “Dawg Walk” before the Sugar Bowl but was unable to because of logistical and security issues.

So heading into tomorrow’s game, I’d say Hawaii has a big edge in the intangible department when it comes to emotion. Maybe I’ll be proved wrong when we get closer to kickoff but that’s the vibe I’m getting right now.

Do y’all think that will make a difference? Can Georgia still win if it’s not as emotionally invested as the visitors? Do you think the fans will rally?

Meanwhile, the news hasn’t been great for the Dogs on the injury front. Georgia has been real vague about it but linebacker Dannell Ellerbe clearly does not feel well and we just found out he’s been battling an Achilles tendon problem, too. Meanwhile, fellow linebacker Marcus Washington is still not fully recovered from an ankle injury and Knowshon Moreno has a heavily-taped ankle, though he insists he’s 100 percent. That’s not good considering the track meet they’re about to enter against Hawaii.

D-Unit
12-31-2007, 07:49 PM
June Jones has called for a "white out" for the fans going to the game... to counter Georgia using their non-traditional black jerseys. Black is the jersey Hawaii usually uses in big games, so I think Richt was trying to pull a sly one on Hawaii. However, June Jones and Nike may just one up him. Not sure if this is true or just rumor, but Hawaii may bust out brand new, never seen before, White Storm Trooper like helmets... partly in sound with June's "white out" request and Nike's ploy to get more marketing on selling Hawaii gear.

This picture may have snuck the cat out of the bag...

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2007/Dec/30/BR2007123012240504571_b.jpg

If Hawaii comes out with White Helmets that would be sick as hell.

D-Unit
12-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Local Hawaii TV Shows on Hawaii football

http://imageevent.com/isewake/video/seasonofdestiny

http://imageevent.com/isewake/video/perfectinparadise

SuperKevin
12-31-2007, 07:55 PM
That picture makes the helmets look silver

D-Unit
12-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Hawaii is gonna SHOCK THE WORLD!!!!!

Beans
12-31-2007, 09:47 PM
That picture makes the helmets look silver

the one inside the closest guy's jersey is white

Texas Homer
12-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Georgia wins. Staffords coming out party.

BNad
01-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Honestly, Thomas Brown is not a bad back at all. I'm not sure how bad Knowshon's injury is, but I sincerely doubt its bad enough for me as a Georgia fan to worry about. Even if it is, Thomas Brown was holding off Moreno before his injury and I'm not TOO worried about the running game. I'm much more worried about the pass defense.

BNad
01-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Oh and I doubt the black jerseys is Richt trying to pull one over on Hawaii. Our players have wanted to use the black jerseys every game since we first used them in the Auburn game. He said he'd only use them for big games like bowl games on the radio here.

neko4
01-01-2008, 03:26 AM
yeah, but did anyone know who they were before that game

anyway, im definitely supporting hawaii tomorrow. got a new colt brennan jersey to wear.
HOLY CRAP!!!
Where did you get it, ive been looking all over

On another note im conflicted...
I love SEC football, but I love Hawaii football just as much
I want Hawaii to win but I wish they got to play Kansas or Ohio State, a team I hate

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 03:55 AM
The more I think about it the more I look forward to this game. I really want to see if the Hawaii offense can work against SEC speed. If it does I'll be the first one to rethink my stance on Colt Brennan, that's for sure.

D-Unit
01-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Fresno St beat Georgia Tech 40-28. Georgia beat Georgia Tech 31-17.

All of a sudden, I'm a little more hopeful that Hawaii can beat Georgia. :D
I'm so stoked right now! The emotion riding on this game is soooo high!!!

Nothing this big has happened to Hawaii since becoming the 50th State!

D-Unit
01-01-2008, 06:40 AM
The more I think about it the more I look forward to this game. I really want to see if the Hawaii offense can work against SEC speed. If it does I'll be the first one to rethink my stance on Colt Brennan, that's for sure.
...and his receivers... and his OL.

D-Unit
01-01-2008, 06:59 AM
the one inside the closest guy's jersey is white
More rumors saying they're gonna bust out the white helmets! I'm so stoked! I have to get one!

Billingsley26
01-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm so stoked right now! The emotion riding on this game is soooo high!!!

Nothing this big has happened to Hawaii since becoming the 50th State!

I agree with you. Im getting stoked for this game. I know it is going to be hard to duplicate anything that happened lat year with the BSU-OK game, but if ayone can drop points it is Hawaii.

I cant wait for this to start. Hawaii has some great fans, not sure how many will be there from Hawaii, but I can expect nothing less than a great game. I hope Hawaii wins. Great stuff. Im gonna be going for them.

01-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Hawaii wil be Americas team tonight.

georgiafan
01-01-2008, 02:17 PM
If it hasn't been said Thomas Brown is getting the start. Moreno is a little banged up, but is suppose to be 100%

badgerbacker
01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
If it hasn't been said Thomas Brown is getting the start. Moreno is a little banged up, but is suppose to be 100%Well, if he's banged up and not starting, he's obviously not 100%... ;)

georgiafan
01-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, if he's banged up and not starting, he's obviously not 100%... ;)

He will be 100% at the start of the game, but they don't know how long it will last. Kregg Lumpkin is back so there is depth

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
...and his receivers... and his OL.

I've always thought Bess was a good reciever

D-Unit
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
If it hasn't been said Thomas Brown is getting the start. Moreno is a little banged up, but is suppose to be 100%
Yeah, he'll be perfectly fine. I really don't want to hear any excuses for why Georgia plays poorly.

jballa838
01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm pumped for Hawaii right now.

Billingsley26
01-01-2008, 02:58 PM
D-Unit

How many Hawaii fans are making the trip to New Orleans? I know it is a hell of a distance, but Im just curious to see how many will be there. Im pretty sure that many fans will be cheering for Hawaii, but it is just not the same without homegrown fans. I guess it doesnt help when the LA Superdome is basically two states down from Georgia.

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 03:00 PM
D-Unit

How many Hawaii fans are making the trip to New Orleans? I know it is a hell of a distance, but Im just curious to see how many will be there. Im pretty sure that many fans will be cheering for Hawaii, but it is just not the same without homegrown fans. I guess it doesnt help when the LA Superdome is basically two states down from Georgia.

From what I've heard, the crowd is almost in favor of Hawaii. Reports out of New Orleans say the Georgia fans, while there, seem to be disinterested and maybe a little upset at playing in the Sugar Bowl for the 3rd time in recent memory

D-Unit
01-01-2008, 03:47 PM
D-Unit

June Jones said around 35,000. He's called for a "white out" so hopefully they'll be representing the white prominently in the stands.

I've been keeping track with the news out of NOR all week. From all reports, the amount of support for Hawaii has been overwhelming. There was a big fear that Hawaii won't travel well, especially with NOR being so far away. But the opposite has been true and the locals have been spending like crazy! Wiping any and all Hawaii gear off the shelves. Shop owners have said Hawaii fans are spending way more than Georgia fans and it's not even close.

Georgia's been there done that attitude has been worse for the city than a team 8000 miles away.

D-Unit
01-01-2008, 06:55 PM
It's about to go down boys and girls...

We got a 182 inch screen set up in the living room with family and friends!!!

I'll be in and out throughout the game if you wanna chat

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 06:56 PM
8 or 830 kickoff?

D-Unit
01-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Pregame show starts at 3PM Hawaii Time ;)

Billingsley26
01-01-2008, 07:13 PM
8:30 EST is when it starts.

Im actually getting excited about this one. I had some high hopes for ILL today, but they went down hard.

I seriosuly think Hawaii has a hell of a shot. Im really looking forward to what June Jones does. I really hope he doesnt try to control the clock by running the ball and keeping them off the field. Hawaii is known for scoring and moving the ball, and I dont think they should stop tonite. Colt and his WR and OL have all been near unsoppable this season. I hope nothing changes, and Im expecting Colt to throw and be his usualy self.

Beans
01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
this'll be a great game

yo123
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM

wtf how do you get a 182 inch screen in your living room?

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 07:41 PM
thats 30 ft

DiG
01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
best of luck d unit. you guys gonna need it. im rootin for ya though. i wanna see rivers get like 3 tds. i love that kid.

Billingsley26
01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Penalites are just killing Hawaii. Still, Colt is really working the small ball nicely, and really taking what they give him. If they cut down on penalities, they can easily move the ball on Georgia.

falconsrule
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Moreno 2nd TD.....Im loving this.

DiG
01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
hawaii's offense is gonna have to be huge from here out because they are going to give up a lot of points. i hope this game is like 60-50

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
things goin downhill quickly for hawaii

Vikes99ej
01-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Moreno is a beasty beast. Beast RB in the SEC fo sho.

sweetness34
01-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Hawaii has no defense and that is going to kill them because it looks like their offense isn't going to put up huge numbers tonight.

Vikes99ej
01-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Another TD for the Dawgs. How bout them Warriors.

Babylon
01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I never could figure why Georgia didnt play USC and then Illinois could have gone against Hawaii.

01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I never could figure why Georgia didnt play USC and then Illinois could have gone against Hawaii.

It all comes down to tradition yet again. Pac-10 vs Big 10 in Rose Bowl goes way back.

themaninblack
01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
go dawgs! (10char)

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Hawaii is outmatched in every aspect of the game right now. It'll be a long flight back for all those fans

jballa838
01-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Hawaii is king of the comebacks, so i dont think this is over.
Up by 21 means nothing. I know this. We were up twice by that much against them. And we lost.

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Hawaii is king of the comebacks, so i dont think this is over.
Up by 21 means nothing. I know this. We were up twice by that much against them. And we lost.

Yeah but Georgia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Washington

jballa838
01-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah but Georgia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Washington
no way! Washington almost beat USC!

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't want to hear any complaints about the refs. Hawaii would still be getting killed without the penalties

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 10:00 PM
no way! Washington almost beat USC!

I guess that means Stanford>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone

georgiafan
01-01-2008, 10:03 PM
UGA needs to get Moreno back in the game

jballa838
01-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I guess that means Stanford>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone
#1 SOS in the nation and close in every game is all that needs to be said about washington.
If douchebag extraordinaire Anthony Russo could field a punt we'd have beat the #1 team in the nation at the time
and Brennan is sacked again.

Vikes99ej
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Hawaii must still think they're playing in the Hawaii Bowl.

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
#1 SOS in the nation and close in every game is all that needs to be said about washington.
If douchebag extraordinaire Anthony Russo could field a punt we'd have beat the #1 team in the nation at the time
and Brennan is sacked again.

Too bad close losses are still losses

jballa838
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Too bad close losses are still losses
yeah, except for a young team knowing how to compete is important.
and how bout that Hawai'i D now?

DiG
01-01-2008, 10:18 PM
damn. finally a third down conversion.

GB12
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah, except for a young team knowing how to compete is important.
and how bout that Hawai'i D now?
How about that Hawaii offense?

jballa838
01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
How about that Hawaii offense?
it all starts up front. and Hawai'i is getting owned up front.

P-L
If Hawaii doesn't hurry up and make this a game, does this hurt WAC teams' BCS chances in the future?

DiG
and it just gets worse for hawaii....

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 10:21 PM
brennan just got lit up

GB12
it all starts up front. and Hawai'i is getting owned up front.

But I thought Hawaii's offense was so great. They weren't benefitting from playing weak competition. Must just be an off day for them.

SuperKevin
Colt brennan is not making a very strong case for his ability to compete against a pro style defense. He's getting skittish with all that pressure and making very bad reads

DiG
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Colt brennan is not making a very strong case for his ability to compete against a pro style defense. He's getting skittish with all that pressure and making very bad reads

yup. colt say hello to rd 4-5.

jballa838
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
If Hawaii doesn't hurry up and make this a game, does this hurt WAC teams' BCS chances in the future?
Probably. It hurts the Mountain West most, seeing as they had the best bowl record.

georgiafan
01-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Marcus Howard (#38) has been playing lights out this year I'm glad to see him do it on the big stage. Bad break with the interception on the tiped pass by Stafford we needed that one.

superfly
01-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Colt Brennan isn't a system QB.

yo123
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Colt Brennan isn't a system QB.

Yeah this game really shows this.

Forenci
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
The thing is, I wouldn't put all this one Colt. I mean seriously, the offensive line can't even block a 3 man rush. That's pathetic. Nevermind when Georgia rushes 4 men or dare I say it: blitzes.

I wouldn't put it all on Brennan. Though I'm sure the scouts will take it into consideration.

Billingsley26
01-01-2008, 10:37 PM
I am really impressed with the speed of Georgia's D. Man they swarm to the ball like crazy. I love seeing a defense like that. I wonder how they would do against LSU or OSU. I think they would give them a run for their money.

AlexDown
01-01-2008, 10:39 PM
This game is hard to watch....

P-L
01-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Wow. Marcus Howard with the pick. He's been sick tonight.

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Wow. Marcus Howard with the pick. He's been sick tonight.

Actually Ellerbe got the pick. Howard tipped the pass

Windy
01-01-2008, 10:40 PM
They need to put June Jones at RT.

jballa838
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Touchdown.
grrrrrrr

Tampa 2 4 life
...This really makes you appreciate what Boise State did.

PS: I guess the year of the upset is over?

DiG
that cheerleader they just showed on georgia had to have the smallest chest ever for a cheerleader.

mqtirishfan
01-01-2008, 10:44 PM
that cheerleader they just showed on georgia had to have the smallest chest ever for a cheerleader.

Maybe Hawaii has better cheerleaders. They certainly don't have better football players.

eazyb81
01-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Hawaii has no business being in a BCS game. This should be Exhibit A for picking the best teams in the future instead of going by who has the best record.

Hawaii and Illinois were just embarrassing today.

GB12
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Hawaii has no business being in a BCS game. This should be Exhibit A for picking the best teams in the future instead of going by who has the best record.

Hawaii and Illinois were just embarrassing today.
Posted on 11/24/2007
At this point I'm hoping to see LSU-Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. That'll prove they don't belong anywhere near the BCS.

Georgia will do.

bearsfan_51
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Okay, now that's just dumb. I think Georgia will win, but you have to give Hawaii respect.. especially in retrospect of this season (with how strong Hawaii's offense is and how many upsets there have been).

I think it'll be a shootout. Hawaii WILL score 30+. I just think Georgia has the ammo to go for 40-50 pts. However, I would not be surprised if Georgia lost because of TURNOVERS from Stafford and Moreno.
Who's dumb now?

superfly
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Matt Stafford is a system QB, Colt Brennan can play in any system.

georgiafan
01-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I hate that the took away Stafford's TD, but that was a heck of a pass. Marcus Howard had 7.5 sacks coming into this game for anyone that didn't know.

jballa838
01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Matt Stafford is a system QB, Colt Brennan can play in any system.
yeah. right. :rolleyes:
Colt is doing great in his system built for throwing now isnt he?

mqtirishfan
01-01-2008, 10:58 PM

Pssssst. Sarcasm, my friend.

Vikes99ej
01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
It's 11:14 CT, and we're just into the fourth quarter. Jeesh.

diabsoule
01-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Brennan is hurt. I think they need to put in the back-up.

Edit: Damn, he looks dazed.

"What's your name?"
"I'M BATMAN!"

Im_a_Romosexual
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM

Thats what June Jones said about Tim Tebow

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I like how the backup QB comes in and leads them to a TD

mqtirishfan
01-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Well, Hawaii was feeling better for 10 seconds, at least. :)

porter20
01-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Poor Colt Brennan. He doesn't even get to be the QB to throw the TD pass for his team. His backup did and played well... Colt was practically pouting!

jballa838
01-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Lumpkin is in.
Very intimidating name

BrownsTown
01-01-2008, 11:35 PM
By far the funniest game this season. Just hilarious.

georgiafan
01-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I really wish Brandon Miller would have played DE his whole career. Isn't it a penalty for taking your helmet off on the field ? Fox is terrible the game is going to take 4 hours

Average OT LB
01-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Just goes to show some teams just dont belong.. hawaii was outmatched, all the critics were right.. brennan just knocked himself out of the first round, maybe the first day...

..sad day for small schools everywhere...

GB12
01-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Just goes to show some teams just dont belong.. hawaii was outmatched, all the critics were right.. brennan just knocked himself out of the first round, maybe the first day...

..sad day for small schools everywhere...
He was never in the first round to begin with.

Ewing
01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Can we go ahead and write down Georgia in the National Championship next year?

Also, LOL COLT BRENNAN

jballa838
01-01-2008, 11:59 PM

Also, LOL COLT BRENNAN
no we cant. Florida is losing practally no-one and USC is incredibly young too.

SuperKevin
01-02-2008, 12:01 AM
no we cant. Florida is losing practally no-one and USC is incredibly young too.

Florida is going to lose Andre Caldwell and Cornelius Ingram who are two of their top targets on offense

BrownsTown
01-02-2008, 12:01 AM

Also, LOL COLT BRENNAN

Sure, just like we could write USC last year.

georgiafan
01-02-2008, 12:02 AM
UGA has a killer schedule next year it will be very very tough to win all of them.

Ewing
01-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Sure, just like we could write USC last year.

I never bought into the SC hype. I was saying LSU vs. West Virginia. I was off by a team.

jballa838
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Washington > your team next year
Jake Locker > your quarterback next year

GB12
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
I never bought into the SC hype. I was saying LSU vs. West Virginia. I was off by a team.
Which happens to be 50%. 50% is an F. Congratualtions on failing.

BrownsTown
01-02-2008, 12:07 AM

Think. He's a Vince Young fan. He doesn't care much for percentages.

Ewing
01-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Think. He's a Vince Young fan. He doesn't care much for percentages.

Hey, remember that time the Browns went to the playoffs?

Ewing
01-02-2008, 12:14 AM

Which happens to be higher than everyone who picked USC vs. Oklahoma.

jayceheathman
01-02-2008, 12:29 AM

Should I be depressed that the team that destroyed my school 50-13 couldnt score a TD until Georgia had their 3rd stringers in?

D-Unit
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Congrats to Georgia. Bigger, better, faster.

Thanks for the great season Warriors! Glad to enjoy the ride of the best season in Hawaii history!

mqtirishfan
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Which happens to be higher than everyone who picked USC vs. Oklahoma.
But sadly the same letter grade of an F.

Turtlepower
01-02-2008, 01:38 AM
UGA has a killer schedule next year it will be very very tough to win all of them.

Georgia is coming to Tempe to play an ASU team that is essentially returning all of our key players on offense and defense. It will be a great game and I'm happy it is a home game for the Sun Devils.

diabsoule
01-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Georgia is coming to Tempe to play an ASU team that is essentially returning all of our key players on offense and defense. It will be a great game and I'm happy it is a home game for the Sun Devils.

I don't see ASU being able to hang with Georgia, especially after the Texas-sized whooping ASU received in the Sun Bowl by the Longhorns. ASU vs. Georgia will be a big game and Dennis Erickson coached teams have a problem showing up in big games.

Turtlepower
01-02-2008, 01:57 AM
I don't see ASU being able to hang with Georgia, especially after the Texas-sized whooping ASU received in the Sun Bowl by the Longhorns. ASU vs. Georgia will be a big game and Dennis Erickson coached teams have a problem showing up in big games.

Honestly, I am scared of the game, but this was our biggest game in like 10 years, so the team was just excited to be there. Also, how does Dennis Erickson teams not show up for big games when he has won 2 National Championships and demolished Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl in 2000.

This was a pretty young team that was learning a new offense and defensive system and I see us as only going up. I'm not guaranteeing a win because after the Texas game, I know that we have a lot of wholes. What I am saying is that I think that Holiday Bowl loss could be a big motivator to come out on fire next year.

kwilk103
01-02-2008, 03:30 AM
theres gonna be some great non-conference games

osu vs usc
uga vs asu
auburn vs wvu
wvu vs colorado

TouchdownUSC
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
poor colt brennan. this game has got to hurt. he had no protection at all from his o-line and it was very hard to watch. i think if i were him for the sake of his draft stock, i would have faked an injury during the first quarter. how far will this game set him back?

Primetime21
01-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Washington > your team next year
Jake Locker > your quarterback next year

I am probably one of the huskies biggest fans on here but next year is gonna be ugly. We are losing Reece, Rankin, Gunheim, and many others.

Only real positives next year is Locker,BJ, and recruits.

Doubt Huskies sniff bowl contention next year but I hope Locker can do it.

TACKLE
01-02-2008, 01:05 PM
That was the most pathetic performance I'd seen by both OT's in a while. They got beat off the every single play. They were so slow and had such bad feet that Georgia DE's could do whatever they wanted all night. It was painful to watch. Yeah Colt didn't play well but when he's got 2 second to get rid of the ball, the passing game won't work. No QB in Colt's situation could of had success with blocking like that. They tried short passes but UGA's D was too fast and didn't allow Hawaii to get any YAC. If Hawai'i tried to run any pattern 10 yards or more, Colt would be on his back. I really felt for Colt Brennan last night.

TouchdownUSC
01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
yeah, and not only that but it seemed like after getting sacked a few times he got really ancy and his entire accuracy and decision making was off. I really am a big fan of his and hope this doesn't hurt him too much.

01-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I know it was a tough situation yesterday for Brennan but Im sure scouts will start questioning his mental toughness.

OregonDucks
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
And who thought hawaii should be in a bcs game this year? Holy crap! They got absolutley swamped.

neko4
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I remember watching the selection show and saying, "Dont let Hawaii play UGA" Georgia was hot coming into the game and I really do think they are the 2nd best team in the NCAA

Why couldnt they give Hawaii, Kansas or Illinois, make it competitive

jayceheathman
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I remember watching the selection show and saying, "Dont let Hawaii play UGA" Georgia was hot coming into the game and I really do think they are the 2nd best team in the NCAA

Why couldnt they give Hawaii, Kansas or Illinois, make it competitive

Because if Hawaii got Illinois and won we would be hearing stuff like they deserve to be in the National Championship game because they are undefeated and won the bowl game. If that happened with Georgia as the opponent then I definitely would agree but not a win over Illinois or Kansas.

D-Unit
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Because if Hawaii got Illinois and won we would be hearing stuff like they deserve to be in the National Championship game because they are undefeated and won the bowl game. If that happened with Georgia as the opponent then I definitely would agree but not a win over Illinois or Kansas.
Don't be a fool. Nobody would be saying that because all we beat are the NMSU's of the world.

SuperKevin
01-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Don't be a fool. Nobody would be saying that because all we beat are the NMSU's of the world.

They said it on ESPN last night.

vatech=accdomination
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I was pleased by this game, although i fell asleep at the start of the 4th quarter, having a one dimensional offense kills you when the other team is geared to stopping the long pass.

GB12
01-02-2008, 03:27 PM

There was a good number of guys saying that Hawaii should have been in the championship because they were the only undefeated team. Hell, today Skip Bayless said that Colt Brennans draft stock dropped all the way to the end of round one. (Had him as a top 3 pick before the game).

You're underating the stupidity of the analysts ESPN has.

jballa838
01-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I am probably one of the huskies biggest fans on here but next year is gonna be ugly. We are losing Reece, Rankin, Gunheim, and many others.

Only real positives next year is Locker,BJ, and recruits.

Doubt Huskies sniff bowl contention next year but I hope Locker can do it.
EJ Savannah was probably our best defensive player, and we lost a lot of talent on O, but Ty recruits well, and our DBs were horrid and all young. A lot of athletes, and young guys in teh defensive backfield make next year a better year, and for example Nate Williams was a RB in high school, and he already switched over to DB this year and played a lot as a true freshman.
So far we have this in our recruiting class:
1 5 Star
7 4 stars
12 3 Stars
and EJ Woods, 4 Star S lists UW as a high, and has an offer on the table.
last year we only got 4 4 stars last year, so we are improving the more we get Ty out there recruiting.
and next year i expect a breakout year from JR Hasty.

D-Unit
01-02-2008, 03:59 PM
There was a good number of guys saying that Hawaii should have been in the championship because they were the only undefeated team. Hell, today Skip Bayless said that Colt Brennans draft stock dropped all the way to the end of round one. (Had him as a top 3 pick before the game).

You're underating the stupidity of the analysts ESPN has.
I guess that's true. Something I didn't take into account.

jballa838
01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I guess that's true. Something I didn't take into account.
average IQ of probably 80.

vatech=accdomination
01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Last night there was an incomplete pass near the Hawaii bench, the ref called it incomplete and it looked like a Hawaii player gave him the suck it motion, I fell out of my chair laughing, best part of the game imo.

jayceheathman
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Good one! We will have Holbrook back so I am looking forward to next year already.....Before the game I heard that talk a lot. I have satellite radio and was listening to the ESPN game channel and every caller called in wondering why Hawaii isnt in the national championship game since they are the only undefeated team.

D-Unit
01-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Good one! We will have Holbrook back so I am looking forward to next year already.....Before the game I heard that talk a lot. I have satellite radio and was listening to the ESPN game channel and every caller called in wondering why Hawaii isnt in the national championship game since they are the only undefeated team.
I keep hearing from you how NSMU will beat Hawaii. Holbrook will never beat Hawaii in his entire career. He's garbage.