PDA

View Full Version : Devin Thomas

LE_WM_JP
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I was looking at some reports and word is that he is comming out. His stats are amazing and so is his play and size. To me he looks like an early second even a first. What's your take guys I'm interested in your thoughts

Hines
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I am really high on him and hope he falls to the Steelers in the second. Has great size, speed, hands, and he can return kicks. Watch him tommarow in the Champs Bowl.

Unbiased
12-27-2007, 11:24 PM
One of the most underrated players this year.

bearfan
12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
#5 on Mich St? Him and Ringer are 2 players who in the few games of them I have seen have been impressed with. I didnt know he was a SR this year, boy this guy is a playmaker. With a good workout, I think he could be a mid 1st - early 2nd rounder

RaiderNation420
12-28-2007, 04:17 AM
This kid is a sick WR.

He's gonna be a Bigtime WR in the Nfl

watch him 2day

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 07:16 AM
A lot of his value will come with that 40 time. A solid number, say, a 4.45ish time, and yeah, I can see anywhere from late first - 3rd. I've got him pegged as a 3rd rounder right now if he came out, but definitely could slide up the boards a bit.

wakefan31
12-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I just read that he's going to stay in school with Ringer to come back and have a big season next year.

Here's the link (http://www.draftheadquarters.com/page/page/4269113.htm).

"- Michigan State’s Javon Ringer, Devin Thomas, and Brian Hoyer are all leaning towards returning to school for their senior seasons. They all want to come back and potentially have a big year in 2008."

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 01:15 PM
From what I've heard about him he sounds a bit like Roddy White.

lionsfan81
12-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I just read that he's going to stay in school with Ringer to come back and have a big season next year.

Here's the link (http://www.draftheadquarters.com/page/page/4269113.htm).

"- Michigan State’s Javon Ringer, Devin Thomas, and Brian Hoyer are all leaning towards returning to school for their senior seasons. They all want to come back and potentially have a big year in 2008."

this tends to go against everything i've read so far, so i do not think its accurate. That being said i am a big time state fan so i have seen every game hes played in, played against his high school when i was in high school, and i can tell you hes the real deal.

Hes a legit 6'2" with extremely soft hands and definitely runs a 4.4. Caught everything i ever saw thrown his way for the first half of the season, I don't think i saw him drop a pass unless it was extremely hard to catch. And he made some extremely hard catches over players and one handed. In the Michigan game was the first time i saw him drop passes, and then the purdue game he dropped a lot of passes that i was shocked he was dropping. Those games showed me that he needs to stay one more year to refine his skills, because hes really only played 1 year of college ball.

Because hes only really played one year, I think at BEST hes a 2nd rounder. If he stays one more year though and even improves on his standing, then he will be a 1st rounder.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I think if he comes out he's a legit Second rounder, even though he's only played 1 year in college, his Kick Return ability will make teams more likely to nab him.

And as I type this he gets a huge KR...

Babylon
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I think if he comes out he's a legit Second rounder, even though he's only played 1 year in college, his Kick Return ability will make teams more likely to nab him.

And as I type this he gets a huge KR...

I think you're right.

bored of education
12-28-2007, 04:17 PM
70 plus yards to start the game wow

Babylon
12-28-2007, 04:20 PM
That tightend looks good too.

Young Legend
12-28-2007, 04:31 PM
he has looked good in the return game so far..

Hines
12-28-2007, 04:54 PM
After this great game by Thomas, I believe he turns pro. His stock is really, really high now.

Babylon
12-28-2007, 05:04 PM
This just in, Matt Ryan is really good.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Matt Ryan has looked average.

Young Legend
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Michigan St. needs to get thomas the ball..

aside from the returns he hasnt done much.

adamprez2003
12-28-2007, 08:23 PM
DeJuan Tribble owned Thomas tonight. Thomas just dropped dramatically in my eyes

adamprez2003
12-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Matt Ryan has looked average.

Man he had some sick passes and his receivers dropped 7 or 8 passes tonight

Hines
12-28-2007, 08:25 PM
DeJuan Tribble owned Thomas tonight. Thomas just dropped dramatically in my eyes

Its not like his quarterback helped any at all.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 08:27 PM
He still was a good bit under 50% completetion percentage and forced too many throws. He was also innacurrate at the end of the game. 3 total turnovers. Not even 60% completion percentage for his senior season. 19 interceptions to boot and he is considered a top 5 NFL draft pick. Overrated.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Thomas didn't look horrible at wide receiver (Hoyer was horrible), but his punt return drops at crucial moments was not good.

But a good kick returner when he doesn't drop the ball.

adamprez2003
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Thomas didn't look horrible at wide receiver (Hoyer was horrible), but his punt return drops at crucial moments was not good.

So let me get this straight you just ripped Ryan because of his "stats" even though he has no recceivers, no offensive line and no running backs. but a receiver who garners 34 yds somehow didnt have a bad game because his QB is bad

Hines
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
So let me get this straight you just ripped Ryan because of his "stats" even though he has no recceivers, no offensive line and no running backs. but a receiver who garners 34 yds somehow didnt have a bad game because his QB is bad

Ryan is ten times the quarterback Hoyer is.

Babylon
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM

Welcome to the world of internet logic.

adamprez2003
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Ryan is ten times the quarterback Hoyer is.

Hoyer had his one Montana moment on that play at the back of the end zone though, lol. I like Kellen Davis as a project, maybe 4th rounder. He's just a tree and with an NFL QB he should be a sick target in the endzone

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 09:43 PM

QBs can make things happen without receivers (see Donovan McNabb), while good (not great) receivers are dependent on the QB. Thomas is a good receiver, and if his QB doesn't get him the ball he can do nothing. At one point he was wide open on the sideline and even though he should have caught the ball it should have been an easy 50 yards.

Also, I said Thomas didn't look horrible. I didn't say he didn't look bad. He didn't get open a lot but on a couple occasions (bubble screen and deep pass) Hoyer missed him.

I then said he did horrible at punt returning and good at kick returning.

Travis 24
12-28-2007, 09:57 PM
How many times did Matt Ryan try flinging the ball across his body into the middle of the field???...man, that doesn't look good at all. I thought he forced entirely too many passes, and also doesn't have any where near the accuracy Brohm has...His ball placement isn't all that great, although he has a nice deep ball...had a few passes drop on him too.

Babylon
12-28-2007, 10:01 PM
How many times did Matt Ryan try flinging the ball across his body into the middle of the field???...man, that doesn't look good at all. I thought he forced entirely too many passes, and also doesn't have any where near the accuracy Brohm has...His ball placement isn't all that great, although he has a nice deep ball...had a few passes drop on him too.

Had about 10 either dropped or the catch wasnt made with coverage. He gets very little help from his WRs.

Travis 24
12-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah I know..but also saw a couple passes come up short of the receiver too. I don't think he was all THAT impressive tonight...he looked good, but not "He's clearly the best QB" good.

adamprez2003
12-28-2007, 10:04 PM
QBs can make things happen without receivers (see Donovan McNabb), while good (not great) receivers are dependent on the QB. Thomas is a good receiver, and if his QB doesn't get him the ball he can do nothing. At one point he was wide open on the sideline and even though he should have caught the ball it should have been an easy 50 yards.

Also, I said Thomas didn't look horrible. I didn't say he didn't look bad. He didn't get open a lot but on a couple occasions (bubble screen and deep pass) Hoyer missed him.

I then said he did horrible at punt returning and good at kick returning.

QBs need an offensive line just as much as receivers need a QB if not more. Ryan has been under pressure all year. The one guy he could rely on was Cherilus protecting his right side. Unfortunately they switched him to left where he simply bites. You can see Ryan throw off his back foot more because of the pass rush. If he stepped into every throw like you're supposed to, he would probably have been watching the bowl game tonight from a hospital because he never wouldve survived the season. When he does step into his throws, he throws ropes. He also has one of the quickest releases you'll see which will serve him well in the pros. I wont go into his positives and negatives. It takes too long

As for Thomas, you're right about needing a QB but Tribble was on his hip just about all night. Maybe that says more about Tribble than Thomas, I dont know. I think both Ryan and Thomas are going to move dramatically after the all star games and combines because the talent level they will play with ast the all star games will be better than anything they experienced in their college careers. We'll really know where they stand after the Senior Bowl

adamprez2003
12-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Had about 10 either dropped or the catch wasnt made with coverage. He gets very little help from his WRs.

Its incredible how bad they are. I remember the 2nd pass of the night an incompletion. He threw the ball across the middle on 3rd and long to a receiver sandwhiched by two DBs. He put the ball about a foot off the ground and the receiver dropped it. Incompletion, three and out. The thing is that was an amazing throw, college or professional. He placed it into the one and only area where the receiver had a chance to make the catch and pick up the first down. If he throws any higher or to the left or right that ball gets picked. Phenomenal throw that will go down as an incomplete

Babylon
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Its incredible how bad they are. I remember the 2nd pass of the night an incompletion. He threw the ball across the middle on 3rd and long to a receiver sandwhiched by two DBs. He put the ball about a foot off the ground and the receiver dropped it. Incompletion, three and out. The thing is that was an amazing throw, college or professional. He placed it into the one and only area where the receiver had a chance to make the catch and pick up the first down. If he throws any higher or to the left or right that ball gets picked. Phenomenal throw that will go down as an incomplete

And the play before that the TE flat dropped a pass right to him, if i'm a scout i mark those down as two completions, its really irrelevant in evaluating a QB how many completions he has, as strange as that sounds.

lionsfan81
12-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Hoyer is god awful. He can not give devin thomas a good pass if his life depended on it. Besides the KR, this game did not allow Devin to show off any of his talents. It was not devin getting shut down either, Hoyer just can not put balls where they need to be put and misses Devin when he gets wide open. That being said I do not think that Devin is a 1st round player. I hope this game shows him that he still has a lot to prove and if he wants to get drafted higher, should return for his senior year.

adschofield
12-29-2007, 12:35 AM

MC Grammar says: "It would be 'his punt return drops at crucial moments were not good.'"

http://adrinael.net/grammar.jpg

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 12:38 PM
MC Grammar says: "It would be 'his punt return drops at crucial moments were not good.'"

http://adrinael.net/grammar.jpg

Lmao. (Ten characters)

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Devin Thomas needs to return to school. The guy had a really poor showing in his bowl game and thats not the last impression you want to leave scouts

T-Rat42
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
He's got a ton of talent but in the Champs Sports Bowl he dropped several key balls. I think he'll become a good version of Troy Williamson but that's it.