12-28-2007, 03:38 AM
i like the Jordy Nelson & Adibi write ups

Don Killuminati
12-28-2007, 07:06 AM
6/28?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

psychosid
12-28-2007, 08:34 AM
lol jordy lacks speed, give me a break, this guy is a WHITE TO, i cant wait for the combine!

Scott Wright
12-28-2007, 09:03 AM
lol jordy lacks speed, give me a break, this guy is a WHITE TO, i cant wait for the combine!

From everything I've heard Nelson is a high 4.5 or low 4.6 guy.

We will see, a year ago everyone thought Jason Hill was that slow too but he ran like the second fastest time at the Combine...

psychosid
12-28-2007, 09:09 AM
with all due respect, i think your wrong scott, he is a low 4.4 guy at worst, but even if he is a 4.5 flat guy, thats the same as dwayne bowe, and i think jordy is better then him, just my 2 cents worth

scar988
12-28-2007, 09:17 AM
psychosid, get off of the mans nuts. he isn't a first round guy it's not hard to see.

psychosid
12-28-2007, 09:26 AM
hey scar, he IS a first rounder, once he proves his speed, yea i guess torching every corner he has faced this year is just a fluke right?

Tampa 2 4 life
12-28-2007, 09:35 AM
hey scar, he IS a first rounder, once he proves his speed, yea i guess torching every corner he has faced this year is just a fluke right?

WRs I'd take before Jordy Nelson:
Malcolm Kelly
Mario Manningham
Early Doucet
DeSean Jackson(and I think he's overrated by tons)
Limas Sweed(Basically a 2 inches taller Nelson, with more injury concerns but better WR skillset, maybe a tad slower)
Andre Caldwell
Harry Douglas
Dorien Bryant
Both KU WRs
Donnie Avery

Yeah, unless 12 WRs are taken in the first, Nelson is not a 1st roudner(Unless Matt Millen is hired for every GM position in the NFL).

scottyboy
12-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Jordy Nelson got shut down last year, held to 4 catches against the McCourty twins. BAM!!!!

but seriously, he's like a 5th round pick. I don't understand the infatuation with him...

and Scott, I love the Adibi writeup. You stressed his main weaknesses of lack of size and being a finesse player. Perhaps he'd be good in a cover 2?

ATLDirtyBirds
12-28-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm a huge Xavier and Ali fan. I think they could both be real good players in the NFL.

energizerbunny
12-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Richardson reminds me alot of Nat Dorsey, he was always a prospect that intrigued me when he was a underclassmen but he never progressed to the level i thought he would.

etk
12-28-2007, 10:39 AM
JORDYZZZZZ!!!!

Glad to see Highsmith, Adibi, Tamme & Nelsonz write ups. Good set.

psychosid
12-28-2007, 11:03 AM
lol yea ur right jordy sucks, i mean you all are professional joe sixpac football experts...lol we will see in april

diabsoule
12-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I really like Ali Highsmith and agree that his skills would be more better utilized in a Cover 2.

jballa838
12-28-2007, 12:40 PM
"In high school he won state titles in the 100, 200, 400 and long jump"
dang, and he is 6-3. Probably a special teamer to start off depending on the combine times he will run. Good athlete. Potential to be great and round 3-4 with a fast time. (like 4.45-4.50)

Babylon
12-28-2007, 12:41 PM
psychosid, get off of the mans nuts. he isn't a first round guy it's not hard to see.

Actually he is quite capable of going in round 1. Matt Jones moved into the 1st with a blistering time at the combine and Anthony Gonzalez sneaked in and that was in a year where you could make an argument there was better talent overall. Nelson has been used a lot like Gonzalez was at OSU, a lot of underneath routes and he's much bigger and i think faster. I think he's certainly capable of running deep routes. What i noticed in here is some people, in an attempt to disagree with a poster, sort of lose their objectivity.

P-L
12-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Jordy Nelson is better than Calvin Johnson. I hear the Dolphins are considering him with the #1 overall pick.

jballa838
12-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Jordy Nelson is better than Calvin Johnson. I hear the Dolphins are considering him with the #1 overall pick.
Superman wears a Jordy Nelson jersey to sleep.

12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Richardson reminds me alot of Nat Dorsey, he was always a prospect that intrigued me when he was a underclassmen but he never progressed to the level i thought he would.

The Raiders took a chance in the third round last year with a similar prospect to Barry Richardson from the ACC in Mario Henderson. So far it hasnt worked out well, like Scott said its difficult to change a guys demeanor and personality even if he has all the physical tools you look for.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Xavier Adibi is a beast.

Scott- Vince Hall has 2 times for his 40. On the ILB page it says 5.00 and on his page it says 4.75.

Geo
12-28-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not crazy about Highsmith, to be honest. I love Adibi though, I'd couldn't take him instead fast enough.

gsoturf
12-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't like the Nelson write up because you say he isn't a deep threat and lacks speed which is just untrue. It amazes me guys like Limas Sweed he is always drapped in coverage is never talked about being slow while Nelson who constantly gets separation is. Sweed is the second coming of Dwayne Jarret, basicly just a redzone guy.

gsoturf
12-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Actually he is quite capable of going in round 1. Matt Jones moved into the 1st with a blistering time at the combine and Anthony Gonzalez sneaked in and that was in a year where you could make an argument there was better talent overall. Nelson has been used a lot like Gonzalez was at OSU, a lot of underneath routes and he's much bigger and i think faster. I think he's certainly capable of running deep routes. What i noticed in here is some people, in an attempt to disagree with a poster, sort of lose their objectivity.

If Troy Williamson can be the 8th overall pick then Jordy Nelson can be drafted on day 1.

Babylon
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
If Troy Williamson can be the 8th overall pick then Jordy Nelson can be drafted on day 1.

Add Ted Ginn, Koren Robinson, Matt Jones..........of course some looked to be pretty good picks at the time but you never know, i like this draft in that i think there will be 3rd rounders better than 1st rounders. I guess there always are.

psychosid
12-28-2007, 05:12 PM

actually MARK MY WORDS, 3 years from now, jordy will be better then c. johnson, hands down.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
actually MARK MY WORDS, 3 years from now, jordy will be better then c. johnson, hands down.

You can't be serious...

Babylon
12-28-2007, 05:48 PM
You can't be serious...

I think he meant Cheryl Johnson, she's a star receiver for the Hooters flag football team.:)

etk
12-28-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm not crazy about Highsmith, to be honest. I love Adibi though, I'd couldn't take him instead fast enough.

I'm the opposite. I think Highsmith covers a lot of ground, covers well, hits with power and can penetrate. Adibi is not very physical and struggles with blockers in his face. I think he's a classic undersized LB that can't make it in the NFL, not even in a Tampa 2.

etk
12-28-2007, 06:11 PM

SIG QUOTE!!!!!

gsoturf
12-28-2007, 06:37 PM
I think he meant Cheryl Johnson, she's a star receiver for the Hooters flag football team.:)

LOL. Who knows though there have been guys as highly touted at Johnson before (IE Charles Rogers) that have been busts.. Happens every year. At this point I don't see it though.

Babylon
12-28-2007, 06:47 PM
LOL. Who knows though there have been guys as highly touted at Johnson before (IE Charles Rogers) that have been busts.. Happens every year. At this point I don't see it though.

Dont see CJ being a bust either, i dont think he's in that Moss,Owens or Andre Johnson class however based on early returns.

Hines
12-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Richardson became lazy and soft so he will drop far. I think if he gets it back, he will become the great player he was before this year. Ali and X will be good for the Colts, Bears, Buccs.

gsoturf
12-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Dont see CJ being a bust either, i dont think he's in that Moss,Owens or Andre Johnson class however based on early returns.

Don't forget the most consistent guy of those Torry Holt.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-28-2007, 10:16 PM

My god, you must be kidding.

Gi-15
12-29-2007, 12:19 AM

yeah... I think highly of Nelson too dude, but your aiming at one big bird here....

adschofield
12-29-2007, 12:37 AM
yeah... I think highly of Nelson too dude, but your aiming at one big bird here....

Do we have another Kansas fan on the board??

adschofield
12-29-2007, 12:38 AM

MARK MY WORDS, You will have 5 red bars of rep by next year, BOOK IT

Bosanac01
12-29-2007, 01:04 AM
With all that track success I think Jordy Nelson will raise some eye brows in April which could make him a day one pick.

edit*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo

"4.3 speed and he plays much faster that that."

Paranoidmoonduck
12-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Just so you know Scott, you have Chad Rhinehart down as having excellent feet and poor footwork. I know that those aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but they are a bit confusing.

soybean
12-29-2007, 02:45 AM

so you're basically saying the only way Jordy Nelson can be better than CJ is if CJ busts.

Gi-15
12-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Do we have another Kansas fan on the board??

Well they definitly earned a fan in me with their play this year. Its pretty though to follow a team closely from up here canada, but from I like what I saw from players like Reesing, Henry, McAnderson(great story) and Sharp, Meier etc. Also, how can you not laugh at all those Mangino Signs when watching a kansas game?

Travis 24
12-29-2007, 08:09 AM
WRs I'd take before Jordy Nelson:
Malcolm Kelly
Mario Manningham
Early Doucet
DeSean Jackson(and I think he's overrated by tons)
Limas Sweed(Basically a 2 inches taller Nelson, with more injury concerns but better WR skillset, maybe a tad slower)
Andre Caldwell
Harry Douglas
Dorien Bryant
Both KU WRs
Donnie Avery

Yeah, unless 12 WRs are taken in the first, Nelson is not a 1st roudner(Unless Matt Millen is hired for every GM position in the NFL).

LOL...Ah, the funniest post of all time. Sweed has "better WR skillset, maybe a TAD slower"...are you kidding? Hahahahahahahaha...This is ridiculous, I don't think people here have actually seen him play before..

Travis 24
12-29-2007, 08:16 AM
With all that track success I think Jordy Nelson will raise some eye brows in April which could make him a day one pick.

edit*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo

"4.3 speed and he plays much faster that that."

LOL...Man, if their was ever 1 video to prove this guy isn't a "4.60" guy, that is it. How can you guys even deny it? Thats Aqib Talib that he just completely runs by, then catches it..and continues to gain on him despite Talib not even having to catch a ball or anything...what is Talib's projected 40, 4.45? Yeah..4.45 just got toasted.

Nelson will run in the high 4.3's, very low 4.4's...he will come into the combine at 6'2-6'3" 213-220 lbs, and he more than likely will perform extremely well in all the tests considering he has a tremendous work ethic, has great hands, and is NOT a "me-first" player. 5th round pick though!

Scott Wright
12-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Thats Aqib Talib that he just completely runs by, then catches it..and continues to gain on him despite Talib not even having to catch a ball or anything...what is Talib's projected 40, 4.45? Yeah..4.45 just got toasted.

Actualy a big knock on Talib is his speed and most expect him to be a 4.55 or 4.60 guy.

IF Nelson were to somehow run a 4.3 he would have a chance to go in the 3rd round, just like Jason Hill did a year ago. Right now I see him as a 5th rounder.

scottyboy
12-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Actualy a big knock on Talib is his speed and most expect him to be a 4.55 or 4.60 guy.

IF Nelson were to somehow run a 4.3 he would have a chance to go in the 3rd round, just like Jason Hill did a year ago. Right now I see him as a 5th rounder.

Scott, to get off track with the whole Jordy Nelson thing, do you think Ron Girault(SS from THE Rutgers University) will get drafted? does he have a chance at going in perhaps the 7th? I'm anxiously awaiting a writeup of a Rutgers player!! :D

Scott Wright
12-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Scott, to get off track with the whole Jordy Nelson thing, do you think Ron Girault(SS from THE Rutgers University) will get drafted? does he have a chance at going in perhaps the 7th? I'm anxiously awaiting a writeup of a Rutgers player!! :D

He's got a shot, he's one of those hundreds of players who are on the late round / undrafted free agent fringe right now.

scottyboy
12-29-2007, 10:03 AM
He's got a shot, he's one of those hundreds of players who are on the late round / undrafted free agent fringe right now.

haha yea, it's almost impossible to know which of those guys will be taken in the 7th or scooped up as an UDFA. thanks, and look forward to some RU player writeups... :D

Tampa 2 4 life
12-29-2007, 10:46 AM

On a similar note, do you think Richard Clebert of USF gets a Combine invite? He's apparently aiming for 50 bench presses(He's already done 43) and a below 4.9 40(Record is 4.93), I personally don't see him as a draftable prospect, but what do you think?

fakterx
12-29-2007, 11:42 AM
still don't get the 6/28 thing.

Babylon
12-29-2007, 12:14 PM

Agree on Talib, he looks sort of Roy Williams slow to me. As for Nelson i would actually rather he ended up in a real good situation for him sort of like McCaffery did with Denver and Jurevicius with Tampa Bay, i think he could be a big part of a superbowl team if that happened. Your guess as to where he goes is as good as mine, he could really climb with a good combine like Matt Jones did(who by the way wasnt the receiver that Jordy is) or maybe all the depth at that position pushes him down a round or so lower than expected. Still not sure what's not to like with this kid.