PDA

View Full Version : A Huge Mess with Trades, only one round

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 11:00 AM
There's actually a 2nd and 3rd down, but with the final week of games coming up, I figured I'd wait on them before fine combing through things. 3 veteran trades. Any other veteran trades to consider (that might involve a pick in the first 3 rounds)? I imagine the trades I have will have plenty of folks saying they were awful or bad or something of the ilk, particularly Falcons fans. I'm already envisioning them telling me that would never happen, or something like that.

Edit: I forgot about Jonathan Vilma as a veteran that could get moved. I'll chew on that. Perhaps Bobby Carpenter as well in a swap for a pick. I question if Shaun Rogers can net a 3rd round value. I think there's enough negatives that might make teams wary. But that's another one to consider.

Pre-draft trades and comments:

I don’t see Derek Anderson moving this offseason. I think enough teams might be wary enough to send a 1st rounder over, and I tend to think the Browns will hold firm on the first rounder. Granted, if Romeo leaves, the dynamics may change, as Savage and the new HC may have enough rope to go with Quinn right away and may accept a 2nd rounder and a combination of picks (perhaps including a 2009 first) in return. For all the talk on Crennel going to Miami, I’m not completely sold on that yet to mock that into consideration. On the Bengals QB/WR situation, I tend to think they’ll force everyone to coexist. Losing can inflame tensions.

New England Patriots get OLB/DE Jason Taylor
Miami Dolphins get the 71st overall pick

For all the talk about keeping Taylor, if the right deal came along for Parcells, I’ve got a tough time buying that he’d pass. He knows he needs to retool, and as solid as Taylor may be for a year, two, if not three, he’s not in the long range plans for obvious reasons. Taylor isn’t garnering a first. Tough to gauge his value. Part of me says a 2nd is too high. The other part says no. I settle on the Patriots early 3rd from the Raiders. It could very well be the 64th overall instead. I don’t think the Patriots would mind that, but I’m going with the 71st for now. The Patriots could look for an outside backer and an inside backer this offseason. Colvin’s been banged up and only has one year left on his deal.

New York Jets get the 92nd overall pick
Jacksonville Jaguars get WR Laveranues Coles

Jacksonville is still searching for a WR. The Jets may decide to part ways with Coles. Is a 3rd rounder too high? Perhaps. That said, it is a late 3rd. I just wonder if the Jaguars may be wary of going back into the draft and searching for a WR and counting on that WR sooner than later. They may very well add another WR, but adding a veteran like Coles gives the kid time to develop. Wilford is a FA, and Jones hasn’t developed, leaving Northcutt/Reggie Williams as the top guys. While Coles has lost a step, if not 2 or 3, he’s still a solid veteran receiver. Funny to think how Peter Warrick was the guy with huge expectations coming out of college.

Minnesota Vikings get QB Donovan McNabb
Philadelphia Eagles get the 19th and 76th overall, along with a first/3rd next year

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Or something like that. Short of it is, if the right deal comes along, I think the Eagles pull the trigger and begin the rebuilding. Of all the teams that might look at McNabb, the Vikings seem most likely due to the Childress connection and the fact that a veteran QB might’ve pushed them up a notch or two, which might be enough to tempt them into a move. Yes, they still need more playmakers on offense, but they are, in many respects, built to win now. For all the talk about 3 or 4 first rounders, I think the Eagles would be fine with two. The big issue might resolve around getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year. I think the Vikings may fight to keep that 2nd, and I can see the Eagles being okay with that. Again, it’s a bit out there, but what the heck. If the Eagles get both 3rd’s this year or a 2nd, I don’t think they get an additional 3rd next year. And with decent depth on the roster, I don’t see the need for both 3rd’s this year.

1. Miami Dolphins

I think Parcells first desire is obviously to deal. Taking a 3-4 DL talent first overall is a gamble. Screw up, and you don’t establish your DL to protect the back 7 of the defense and spend a ton of money. OL needs work, but here? Seems a reach. Gholston is a thought, but it’s arguable if he’s a first overall talent in this draft. QB? I think it’s more likely they add a guy later on to throw in the mix with Beck and a veteran or 2. CB? Seems a reach and unlikely here. If they stay put, obviously a move has to be made, and it’s a toss up between Chris Long or Vernon Gholston for me here.

Is there a deal possible? I’m going with one, knowing fully that Falcons fans will boo.

Projected Trade:

Atlanta Falcons get the 1st overall
Miami Dolphins get the 4th, 47th (46th), and 66th (65th) overall along with a 2008 2nd rounder

Even without Marty, I think they may pursue this route. With Marty, and I think it’s more likely. I’m growing more inclined to believe that rather than developing a first round QB route, that they’ll look to try and be competitive as soon as possible, and that likely means going the Darren McFadden route. Think what Arthur Blank has in McFadden – a get out of jail card in some respects. For the casual fan, McFadden is the superstar hope that they latch onto. For the team, McFadden is the workhorse that protects the QB and the defense. Add a veteran signal caller like Chad Pennington, health with their interior DL players, a couple other pieces, and this team is not as far off from pushing for a playoff spot as some (such as Mr. Parcells) might think, IMO. That said, whoever is the new decision maker may impact any top of the draft decision. One thing to note – the Rams perspective on McFadden (whether they are interested or not) isn’t as big an impact as one might think. Yes, it plays some role, but the ability to negotiate a contract pre-draft is also a factor.

Now, I’ve got a hard time reconciling the Falcons giving up their early 2nd rounder, which was a problem. I think they need that pick to land a QB. I also think that Parcells would bite on fringy, but decent, value. Thus, it was the early 2nd and a 3rd next year, or the mid-2nd from Houston and a 2nd next year. I leaned for the latter, as I think they could be inclined to keep the early pick to add OL or add a QB. If they get a 3rd round compensatory pick as some have suggested (too lazy to check the numbers), that will make things all the better.

Atlanta Falcons pick: RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas

2. St. Louis Rams

With Linehan looking somewhat protected, it’ll be curious how they handle things from a personnel side. Do they try to help that offense? Or do they add to a defense that could be closer to pushing it to the next level than some would think? I lean towards the defense, as they are early enough in the 2nd to land a quality OL talent. Gholston or Long are the thoughts, with Carriker as a 3-tech in a 4-3, and if they try a 3-4, then he becomes an end. Gholston’s edge ability wins out.

St. Louis Rams pick: DE Vernon Gholston, the Ohio State

3. New York Jets

They’ve been rumored to be high on him, and he seems to fit the defensive style better than Glenn Dorsey. I have to wonder if they are wary on Dorsey after the work that they’ve tried with Dewayne Robertson.

New York Jets pick: DE Chris Long, Virginia

4. Miami Dolphins f/ Atlanta Falcons

I think they miss out on their top 2 defensive targets with Long/Gholston coming off. Dorsey may warrant a thought, but I’m still not sold. I’m more inclined to go Laurinaitis than Dorsey. With their two interior guards on the way out and LJ Shelton no lock to return, they could see OL help, and Jake Long could be that guy. I don’t love him, but it makes some sense as a fallback plan if they buy Jake Long as a LT long run (he could be at RT this year to ease his way in with Carey still at LT, or they could stick him in at LT right away).

Miami Dolphins pick: OT Jake Long, Michigan

5. Kansas City Chiefs

I contemplated a Bengals trade here for the longest team. Cincinnati needs to improve its interior pass rush. At the end of the day, the Chiefs have moved high enough that they can get a good OL talent in the 2nd in all likelihood, and Dorsey may be the piece to push the defense forward. They could use that dominant interior player. Tyler gets groomed behind Boone, with McBride becoming a 2nd round DL swing player.

Kansas City Chiefs pick: DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU

6. Oakland Raiders

Oakland could use the interior rush as well, and there’s these two guys … Balmer a bit down .. and a lot of questions. They snap Ellis up here with the idea that OL can wait a bit for their style.

Oakland Raiders pick: DT Sedrick Ellis, USC

7. Baltimore Ravens

Not the pick any Ravens fan seems to want, but as of now, I think Ryan is the top QB, and I think Ryan could be the top value at this point. Their OL isn’t really that pressed for another asset to begin with. They’ve got their RB and they’ve got some young receivers. DL depth can wait a bit. Safety is set. LB was a thought, but seems unlikely unless Suggs leaves. CB was the other thought, but QB outranks that, and it’s questionable if a corner value would top Ryan here. A trade down may be looked at, but as of now, I think they may be inclined to just grab the top QB on the board.

Baltimore Ravens pick: QB Matt Ryan, Boston College

8. New England Patriots f/ San Francisco 49ers

Niners wins puts the Patriots in a lower position, which may be for the better. This may actually give the Patriots a better chance to deal, which I think is their preference. If they stay put, Laurinaitis and Jenkins (Mike or Malcolm) could be looked at here. That said, as intriguing as those guys may be, I tend to think that dealing down would be priority one, and that the Patriots would be open to grabbing future assets to balance out a deal.

Projected Trade:

Detroit Lions get the 8th overall
New England Patriots get the 17th overall, the Lions 4th rounder this year and a 2nd rounder in 2009

Patriots move down and pick up an additional midround asset. They still have a first to address needs at CB/LB. I can’t see OL unless someone gets moved. Lions are in a critical year. Their staff may get reworked, and the M and M boys may be on the hot seat. They may consider trying to improve the OL. Yes, there are other needs, but the two DT values are off, and Redding was signed to a huge deal. Ikaika Alama-Francis might be better off as an interior pass rusher in the Tampa 2. An end is a thought, but if they still have a 2nd/3rd, they have the ability to find one then. CB depth is probably something they wait on or go try and find in FA, and they can probably find LB’s later, or in FA, as well. If they wait, they may miss out on OT’s, and they need OT help. And I’m not sold that Cincinnati or Denver would necessarily trade down, so this might be their spot to target.

Detroit Lions pick: OT Ryan Clady, Boise State

9. Cincinnati Bengals

They need to improve their pass rush. Ideally, it’d be their interior pass rush, but either way is fine. A LB is another thought, but it probably shouldn’t take precedence unless there’s a standout guy that demands the nod. Ahmad Brooks is returning, but they could use more. They look liable to promote within on safety, although another piece is likely. Offensively, WR could be looked at depending on how things shake out. OL is a later on look.

Balmer/Merling/Campbell are the DL options here, and they are all fringy in value. While Balmer might make some sense, the value of Laurinaitis may be too good to pass up. Not sure who gets the MIKE spot (I’d go Brooks at MIKE and Laurinaitis on the weakside), but the need for talent outweighs a small issue like that.

Cincinnati Bengals pick: LB James Laurinaitis, the Ohio State

10. Denver Broncos

For a bad team, I tend to think they aren’t far away from bouncing back. But … they aren’t close. There’s work to be done. A lot can be internal. Their young DL talent should get better, which will be huge. Personnel wise, their OL needs work. DT could perhaps use another body. A LB would be a thought. S is needed. Balmer/Rivers/Phillips? OL can wait and I don’t see Clady here (edit: well that's foolish of me, of course not. He came off the board already.). I think they pass on LB, and DT doesn’t make huge sense here. Nod goes to Phillips.

Denver Broncos pick: S Kenny Phillips, the U

11. Carolina Panthers

Fox is looking somewhat secure, and that may mean a lot for the top pick. For a “.500” team, they have a lot of holes. A DT could be used. DE could be on the menu. LB could both be considered. Safety value is off. A QB of the future is an idea. A WR wouldn’t hurt. OT help is a thought. If Fox returns, does that imply a win now mode? I’m going to assume that they’ll bring back one of Wharton/Gross, even if it means franchising Gross. Otah? Balmer? Merling? Campbell? Rivers? Brohm? Campbell’s off and on motor may worry here after their DL’s lackadaisical season. Rivers doesn’t make much sense. Otah? I’ve got a hard time seeing that. I’m looking Merling/Brohm/Balmer and thinking that, if they are in a win-now mode, QB can wait, and they have Johnson/McClover at end, so the nod goes to Balmer and hoping he can provide an interior pass rush. Moorehead and Damione Lewis are FA’s, with Jenkins not a guarantee to be back.

Carolina Panthers pick: DT Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina

12. Chicago Bears

With Phillips off, S is stricken from the list of possibilities. OT and QB? Or a sleeper 3rd option? How about a trade (number 3 “in-draft” for those keeping score)? Certainly Angelo is the type that’s liable to look for trades so

Projected Trade:

Dallas Cowboys get the 12th overall pick
Chicago Bears get the 21st overall pick, the 62nd overall (well, 63rd overall but the Pats pick is forfeited) and a 3rd round pick next year

Value is fringy but enough that I think the Bears would contemplate it. I think almost everyone anticipates the Cowboys to be active. I don’t see them with enough to grab McFadden. But this is a move that might make some sense. There aren’t many huge needs here. Safety is a concern, but if Hamlin resigns, they are fine, and if that happens, the rest of the defensive needs, outside of DB, are really depth issues. Offensively, the resigning of Crayton and the rumors of an extension for Adams would remove the two big issues there and there is depth on the OL. If the Bears stay put, I think they take Brohm, and part of me wonders if my distaste for Brohm contributes to this trade getting mocked. The other part says to me that the Bears might try to extend their window a bit, and a QB of the future in round 1 might not do that. A big part will be what happens with the QB situation. If a veteran is brought in (I don’t see McNabb/Anderson, but Grossman is a thought) that might be enough to push QB off for a round. So what do the Cowboys do here? With Arizona, New Orleans and some other teams coming up that could look corner, the Cowboys trade up here to snag the top CB on the board.

Dallas Cowboys pick: CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida

13. Arizona Cardinals

Do they force this issue and move up to snag a DB? It’s certainly possible. That said, the difference between the top corners is probably minimal, and they’d likely have to move into the top 10 to snag Phillips, which I don’t see them doing unless they finish higher (draft wise). They could look OL (Otah might be someone Grimm would get excited about, assuming Grimm is there, as I could see him get HC looks). Edge is a thought. But DB is probably at the top of the list.

Arizona Cardinals pick: CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy

14. New Orleans Saints

They could definitely look at CB here. LB is another possibility, as a talent upgrade would be nice. OL is a thought, but tough for me to buy here. Malcolm Jenkins may be a rare case of a junior getting nitpicked early. I don’t deny he’s good, although I’ve long questioned his quickness.

New Orleans Saints pick: CB Malcolm Jenkins, the Ohio State

15. Buffalo Bills

I’m really going to have to start giving other positions and other players a thought. Too much locking in on Kelly. Does make some sense, particularly now that Fairchild is moving on. The other question is, what other positions? DT value is likely off. LB and CB are not positions I’m sold they will look at this high. DE seems unlikely. With extra assets, do they risk trading down and missing on someone if they like them? I think they stay put and hope that a Lee Evans/Malcolm Kelly/Roscoe Parrish trio, along with Marshawn, will help Trent Edwards develop faster.

Buffalo Bills pick: WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma

16. Houston Texans

With only 2 picks in the first 3 rounds, Houston may look to move back.

Projected Trade:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers get the 16th overall
Houston Texans get the 22nd and 87th overall (well 86th), plus a 3rd rounder in 2009

Texans can find talent at 22 to fit their needs, particularly at RB, and perhaps at LB/OL. I wonder if the Buccaneers get aggressive and move up. Jackson is the speed guy they might be looking for, the heir apparent to Joey Galloway. Their OL has stabilized, and QB isn’t a win-now issue. Defensively, CB can wait, and there isn’t a DL talent that screams out “pick me” in this part of the first.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers pick: WR Desean Jackson, California

17. New England Patriots f/ Detroit Lions

Patriots are likely to look at CB or LB here. The DB “run” continues. The critical thing for Talib will be that 40 time. It doesn’t have to be great to fit his style, but it can’t be bad. They could use CB talent even if Samuel returns. *** is a FA as well, and Hobbs is middling as a CB.

New England Patriots pick: CB Aqib Talib, Kansas

18. Philadelphia Eagles

Having made the pre-draft McNabb deal, the Eagles have back to back first rounders. They very well may package everything in an effort to move up and snag more of an impact, but if they move on from McNabb, I could see them somewhat rebuild. Even though they have some depth, if they move on to Kolb, I could see some veterans trimmed from the roster, beginning with the defensive side, where Kearse seems a likely goner, and I wouldn’t be stunned if Howard moved on.

If that happened, a lot more possibilities exist for what they could look at. WR suddenly becomes a bigger possibility as they look for better targets for Kolb. TE is already a need. OL could become an option. Secondary is still a big look. LB seems like a move for later. I wouldn’t be stunned if they looked DE again, although they do have Abiamiri to go with Juqua Thomas and Trent Cole. At this juncture, a lot of options exist.

I wasn’t huge on Winston Justice coming out as I wasn’t sold he was a LT. He’s had his fair share of issues, and with back to back picks, I could see them looking at an OT here. Jeff Otah? Michael Oher? A lot of possibilities exist depending on the juniors that bolt. A DB could be a possibility. A WR like Manningham is a thought. The nod at one of these two junctions goes to Michael Oher. It could be 19. There seems to be growing murmurs that he may come out, and if he does, the talk is that he might be a riser.

Philadelphia Eagles pick: OT Michael Oher, Mississippi

19. Philadelphia Eagles f/ Minnesota Vikings

What’s next (or at 18?) DB? WR? I’m still not sold on WR, so I lean DB between those two positions. Victor Harris has had a lot of pub and numbers this year, but in some respects, not to take away from Harris that much, that was due to having Brandon Flowers on the other side. If he runs a good 40 time, I could see him as the type of CB that Jim Johnson might like and a possibility here. My fallback option would’ve been Charles Godfrey. In saying all this, though, I end up going DE. Look, I know CB/S are the needs (safety value is lacking, CB value is fringy but okay here). But I look at the DE depth charts and I just wonder … if they have a 2nd and 2 3rd’s, might a DE like Campbell or Merling be too tempting here? It’d be more in tune with their trench focus (although CB is a position they’ve been willing to go high on) and depth.

Philadelphia Eagles pick: DE Calais Campbell, the U

20. Washington Redskins

OL/WR seem like they can wait unless the Redskins make some surprising moves. Thus, this nod goes defense. DE or CB? I’m going back and forth on that, but leaning DE this time with a lot of CB value off. I think Merling has the higher value as of now, but it could very well be Calais Campbell.

I had a trade lined up, but with some adjustments above, I pass on it here. With Campbell off, I don’t think the Redskins deal, particularly since they have most of their picks this year. Nod goes to Phillip Merling, who might end up grading higher.

Washington Redskins pick: DE Phillip Merling, Clemson

21. Chicago Bears f/ Cleveland Browns via Dallas Cowboys

Can this happen? Can another top QB fall? As much as I don’t like Brian Brohm, I do acknowledge that he is a top 2 QB. If the Panthers/Bears pass on him earlier, it is possible. Even if I was trying to position the Bears away from Brohm, I walk right into it here, as there’s no way they pass him up at this point.

Chicago Bears pick: QB Brian Brohm, Louisville

22. Houston Texans f/ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I was leaning against a Texans RB pick for awhile. If they don’t trade down, I think they wait on RB. But if they do move down, I think they may become amenable to going RB, knowing they have additional assets to fill needs.

Houston Texans pick: RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois

23. Tennessee Titans

2 WR’s are off the board. Manningham could be the look here. Not sure if I’m sold on it. DE is a thought, with Odom and LaBoy’a FA but the value seems fringy. Does Harvey or others make sense here? Nod goes WR.

Tennessee Titans pick: WR Limas Sweed, Texas

24. Seattle Seahawks

Some speculation that Stewart’s 40 time may be closer to mid-4.5, which would make him more, say, Steven Jackson, who fell in the draft. I could see Seattle look for OL as well.

Seattle Seahawks pick: RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon

25. Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers absolutely luck out. Colon might be better off as the interior replacement for Faneca and Starks is no lock to return. Considering their issues, OL has to be a priority. I gave thought to them dealing up to grab someone, well, Otah, but I decided against it, and I leaned with other players with teams that could look OL. I like Otah, and the Steelers luck out here. They can start him at RT and see how develops. He might be Marvel’s replacement long run.

Pittsburgh Steelers pick: OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh

26. San Diego Chargers

San Diego lacks assets and I believe they could look to deal down.

Projected Trade (in-draft #5):

Miami Dolphins get the 26th overall pick
San Diego Chargers get the 33rd pick and the Dolphins 4th rounder (I think they keep their 4th as I don’t think Green met the numbers required to kick up the trade return from a 5th rounder)

This trade doesn’t slide San Diego so far down. They can still find a ready asset at 33 and have a 4th rounder to play with. I could see Miami, if they pull of the earlier trades, consider getting aggressive. Sure, they need assets, but they need top talent as well. They could use an edge guy, whatever the scheme, and with 2 2nd’s and 3 3rd’s, they still have enough assets. Harvey could be the 3-4 OLB talent that Parcells is looking for. He might remind him a tad of Demarcus Ware. A tad. There’s several teams coming up that could look for an edge guy.

Miami Dolphins pick: OLB/DE Derrick Harvey, Florida

27. New York Giants

The sliding Rivers makes this pick easy … and old. Despite some OT concerns (IMO) and secondary quandaries, Rivers is too good. CB value is iffy here anyways.

New York Giants pick: LB Keith Rivers, USC

28. Jacksonville Jaguars

I’d imagine that DE tops the list in regards to positional concerns after a I mocked the Coles trade. Certainly other areas that might be considered, but that has to be at the top. Jones may be an intriguing candidate. He’ll be a bit of an unknown until the postseason, but his experience inside could mesh well with the defensive scheming in Jacksonville as he moves outside.

Jacksonville Jaguars pick: DE Jason Jones, Eastern Michigan

29. Green Bay Packers

OL has some concerns, but that can wait, and there’s some raw talent on hand. CB depth is needed. I’m looking at Godfrey or Lee. On a side note, I give them credit for planning ahead. If Corey Williams bolts, the depth at DT is still there.

Green Bay Packers pick: CB Charles Godfrey, Iowa

30. San Francisco 49ers f/ Indianapolis Colts

QB might be on the mind. Same goes for WR. That said, which WR? Hardy? Manningham? Eh. Not sure if it’s worth it for them. DL value seems fringy. Young OL here? Seems unlikely. I’m not real sure, to be honest. Edge has to be a consideration. Ugh, not a big fan of Manningham, but he might be a first rounder if he declares and they could use more of a playmaker there. EDIT: Wait, change that, going with Duke Robinson. Not exactly a flashy pick, but Duke could replace Larry Allen, who seems likely to step aside.

San Francisco 49ers pick: OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

31. Dallas Cowboys

After adding their CB, I could see them looking to deal again. I am thinking

Projected Trade (in-draft #6):

Kansas City Chiefs get the 31st overall
Dallas Cowboys get the 39th overall and a 3rd rounder in 2009

Dallas can still find a solid talent for their needs at 39. Kansas City is looking at the draft order and seeing several teams ahead of them in the 2nd that could go OL. Do they sit back and wait? Dallas could be interested in future assets, and I think KC might be willing to give a future 3rd up to land a LT if they like someone.

Kansas City Chiefs pick: OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt

32. New England Patriots – forfeited

Bills2083
12-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Good Bills pick.
I would be mad if Malcolm Jenkins went one spot above us.

fenikz
12-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I really don't know anything about McKlevin, why did he rise up the board so fast , what makes him better than Malcolmn Jenkins, It doesn't look as if he had an amazing year or anything. Either way it's the right position and if our scouts deem him worthy of it i wouldn't mind.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I like Oaklands pick.

Xiomera
12-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Projected Trade:

Detroit Lions get the 8th overall
New England Patriots get the 17th overall, the Lions 4th rounder this year and a 2nd rounder in 2009

Patriots move down and pick up an additional midround asset. They still have a first to address needs at CB/LB. I can’t see OL unless someone gets moved. Lions are in a critical year. Their staff may get reworked, and the M and M boys may be on the hot seat. They may consider trying to improve the OL. Yes, there are other needs, but the two DT values are off, and Redding was signed to a huge deal. Ikaika Alama-Francis might be better off as an interior pass rusher in the Tampa 2. An end is a thought, but if they still have a 2nd/3rd, they have the ability to find one then. CB depth is probably something they wait on or go try and find in FA, and they can probably find LB’s later, or in FA, as well. If they wait, they may miss out on OT’s, and they need OT help. And I’m not sold that Cincinnati or Denver would necessarily trade down, so this might be their spot to target.

Detroit Lions pick: OT Ryan Clady, Boise State

I really don't get this one toonster . . . Detroit needs a tackle, but they can't exhaust their picks to go up and get one considering CB is every bit as big of a need, and they could have had a good one where they were picking and still have all their picks. Detroit is gonna go defense, defense, defense, IMO.

T-RICH49
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Glenn Dorsey = A++++

Crickett
12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
New England Patriots get OLB/DE Jason Taylor
Miami Dolphins get the 71st overall pick

For all the talk about keeping Taylor, if the right deal came along for Parcells, Iíve got a tough time buying that heíd pass. He knows he needs to retool, and as solid as Taylor may be for a year, two, if not three, heís not in the long range plans for obvious reasons. Taylor isnít garnering a first. Tough to gauge his value. Part of me says a 2nd is too high. The other part says no. I settle on the Patriots early 3rd from the Raiders. It could very well be the 64th overall instead. I donít think the Patriots would mind that, but Iím going with the 71st for now. The Patriots could look for an outside backer and an inside backer this offseason. Colvinís been banged up and only has one year left on his deal.

So you see the Dolphins sending a pro bowl defensive end and one of their all time best players to a division rival for a third round pick.

Ooooooooookay.

New York Jets get the 92nd overall pick
Jacksonville Jaguars get WR Laveranues Coles

Jacksonville is still searching for a WR. The Jets may decide to part ways with Coles. Is a 3rd rounder too high? Perhaps. That said, it is a late 3rd. I just wonder if the Jaguars may be wary of going back into the draft and searching for a WR and counting on that WR sooner than later. They may very well add another WR, but adding a veteran like Coles gives the kid time to develop. Wilford is a FA, and Jones hasnít developed, leaving Northcutt/Reggie Williams as the top guys. While Coles has lost a step, if not 2 or 3, heís still a solid veteran receiver. Funny to think how Peter Warrick was the guy with huge expectations coming out of college.

I say this is a pretty poor trade on part of the Jets. They proved that without Coles, they can't field a receiver group that is anything more than terrible. Cotchery can be a good #2, but he is not a #1 and nobody else in that group can make a very strong case that they even belong in the NFL.

D-Unit
12-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I wanna know who Dallas gets at 39. I really like Chris Williams as a budding replacement for Flozell. I'm not sold on Doug Free even though I did like him as a 4th round pick last year. A top talent would make me sleep easier.

BTW, Crayton resigned yesterday. 4 YRS, $14M.

comahan
12-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Thats my ideal Texans situation. Id love to see a tradedown into the 20's to grab a RB (Mendenhall preferred), and an extra pick if Phillips is gone (likely), and thats what you have happening. Good stuff.

Kudos on another excellent overall read.

BeerBaron
12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
wait wait.....so woodsons not even in the first round?

if the bears trade down with that success and have a choice between woodson and brohm, id personally like them to go woodson.

nemesis3394
12-28-2007, 02:58 PM
vikes give up way too much in that trade
i dont think they would give away so much for an oft-injured quarterback whos been ineffective for most of the season

BeerBaron
12-28-2007, 03:12 PM
i dont think they would give away so much for an oft-injured quarterback whos been ineffective for most of the season

yeah, exactly. and i dont think the bears or anyone would for all that. not worth it at all...

gdamac
12-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Well, after this weekend either the Jets or the Chiefs will be picking after the Raiders, unless the Raiders beat the Bolts. Which means there is a good chance, under your framework, the Raiders could get Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey, I like that. Not too sold on Ellis as a run stuffer at the next level, at least not someone who can come in and help the Raiders horrible run defense, but i won't complain if we get him. I would love if the Raiders could trade for Vilma, not sure if they have anything to trade though.

DiG
12-28-2007, 03:20 PM
i like merling but rd 1 seems early for him dont you think? what makes you think hes a first rounder?

Crickett
12-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I would love if the Raiders could trade for Vilma

But the Raiders have Kirk Morrison. :confused:

bored of education
12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I love the trade for Chris Williams, I think he is number 2-3 LT prospect this year. Dorsey is GODLY.

Dorsey and Williams plus a CB later and a guard later would be nice

Yung Flippa
12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Okay Ravens pick and solid Texans pick

derza222
12-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Agreed that I'm not a huge fan of the Coles trade for the Jets. I think Clemens has had enough trouble developing already, but we're committed to it. Why not try and ensure that he has some reliable wideouts and help him out a little bit. Giving up a guy like Coles is tough, I don't see anybody on our team to replace him in the starting lineup and the FA crop at WR isn't that great that there's a bunch of guys we could look for.

thebow305
12-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I would love that scenario... but I doubt the Rams pass up on Jake for Vernon and that would leave us in an ideal scenario for Parcells to get his guy Gholston at number 4 and then grab the best available OT at 26.

Jakey
12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Otah = great pick!

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 04:59 PM
i like merling but rd 1 seems early for him dont you think? what makes you think hes a first rounder?

I wouldn't be surprised if Phillip Merling is a top 15 pick. For all the talk about Calais Campbell being a physical specimen, Merling might be even better than Campbell, and Merling's motor is more consistent, and he's come off a better year. To be honest, I think my preference for Merling is what made me go Campbell to the Eagles first, so as to give the Redskins the guy that I perceive to be a better player, so maybe I'll have to rethink that.

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:03 PM
So you see the Dolphins sending a pro bowl defensive end and one of their all time best players to a division rival for a third round pick.

Ooooooooookay.

I say this is a pretty poor trade on part of the Jets. They proved that without Coles, they can't field a receiver group that is anything more than terrible. Cotchery can be a good #2, but he is not a #1 and nobody else in that group can make a very strong case that they even belong in the NFL.

Yes, I think Parcells would be open to trading with Belichick if he got what he wanted out of it. Maybe it ends up being the late 2nd, which I noted. BUt I don't think beiing division rivals is something that's going to stop Parcells from making a deal if it makes sense for the Dolphins.

As for the Jets trade, isn't there talk floating around that Coles may sit out to force an extension? If that happens, I wonder if the Jets just pull the trigger on the deal and try and reload. Coles is probably more of a 2 in a 1 spot right now, despite the numbers. I think he's definitely lost a step from his peak, which was what made him great those couple of years.

On a side note, I don't think I'm going to post the 2nd/3rd. Was contemplating it for a second, but with some recent underclassmen talk, and with only a few days before the end of the slate, I think I'll just wait on it.

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I wanna know who Dallas gets at 39. I really like Chris Williams as a budding replacement for Flozell. I'm not sold on Doug Free even though I did like him as a 4th round pick last year. A top talent would make me sleep easier.

BTW, Crayton resigned yesterday. 4 YRS, $14M.

I can tell you who I had penciled in. There was an early 2nd round deal that shook some things up, but I had penciled in Chris Johnson to the Cowboys there.

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
wait wait.....so woodsons not even in the first round?

if the bears trade down with that success and have a choice between woodson and brohm, id personally like them to go woodson.

As I've long noted, I'm a fan of Woodson. I like him, perhaps moreso than Ryan and Brohm. But ... if there's a QB from that trio that falls, I tend to think it's Woodson. Mechanical issues are often, not always, but often, an indicator of high bust potential. He needs time. He's pegged as my 4th QB on the board right now, but he does come off the board relatively early in the 2nd in this past incarnation.

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:09 PM

It is possible that's a bit too much, but I think there's an equal chance that won't be enough for the Eagles to pull the trigger. With their strong finish, they might buy the idea that a touch here or there and they are in the playoffs. I do think they'll listen, but it'd take the right deal, which would definitely involve this year's first, another pick from the 1st 3 rounds this year, and at least 1 early pick next year. I don't think it's nearly as much overpaying as you might think. Put it this way - if Anderson's going to cost a 1st/3rd (high tender), McNabb is definitely worth more considering he's coming off a solid year (how has he been ineffective this year?).

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Well, after this weekend either the Jets or the Chiefs will be picking after the Raiders, unless the Raiders beat the Bolts. Which means there is a good chance, under your framework, the Raiders could get Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey, I like that. Not too sold on Ellis as a run stuffer at the next level, at least not someone who can come in and help the Raiders horrible run defense, but i won't complain if we get him. I would love if the Raiders could trade for Vilma, not sure if they have anything to trade though.

I'll be very curious what Vilma's trade value is. I think it's tough to gauge right now. That said, I don't really see the glaring need there considering LB isn't really a weakness for you guys. Add in that you lack a 3rd already.

If I was mocking a trade on Vilma, how about

Denver Broncos get Jonathan Vilma
New York Jets get the 41st

Just a thought. I could easily see Shanny do that. Vilma might be what they were needing this year, teaming him with former teammate DJ Williams (and probably Jamie Winborn). If they can snag Kenny Phillips in round 1 and perhaps add a veteran DT, the defense, assuming the young DL talent improves, looks much better.

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I would love that scenario... but I doubt the Rams pass up on Jake for Vernon and that would leave us in an ideal scenario for Parcells to get his guy Gholston at number 4 and then grab the best available OT at 26.

It'll be interesting to see what the Rams do. If Pace is healthy and back, I'm starting to have a hard time buying them adding a 3rd big cost OL guy, even if the plan would be to have that guy replace Orlando in the long run. After all, the depth of this OL draft offers options later, and if Pace is back, their need is more on the interior. With Little's contract and age, an edge rusher is a possibility if the value is there.

Number 10
12-28-2007, 05:28 PM
You really think McNabb could fetch two 1sts and two 3rds?

I would think 1 of each....but that's an awful lot considering the lack of leverage Philly has.

And toon just keep your eyes and ears open to the McNabb to the Jets possibility...got a buddy that works for Newsday and he told me their Jets guy is saying the Jets are going to make an offer.

Crickett
12-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, I think Parcells would be open to trading with Belichick if he got what he wanted out of it. Maybe it ends up being the late 2nd, which I noted. BUt I don't think beiing division rivals is something that's going to stop Parcells from making a deal if it makes sense for the Dolphins.

I don't think he'd be open to trading his best player to a division rival who they will have to face twice a year for a mid to late day one pick.

It made sense when the Bengals traded Dillon to the Patriots for a second round pick. After all, they had Rudi Johnson. Who do the Dolphins have backing up Jason Taylor?

As for the Jets trade, isn't there talk floating around that Coles may sit out to force an extension?

None that I've seen.

If that happens, I wonder if the Jets just pull the trigger on the deal and try and reload. Coles is probably more of a 2 in a 1 spot right now, despite the numbers.

No, he's not. Which is why the Jets can't afford to just trade him. He's not the speedster that he once was, but he's the Jets top receiver and has shown that the offense is significantly worse without his presence.

Right now, wide receiver isn't a huge need for the Jets. Maybe a slot guy to replace the overpaid underperforming waste of a roster spot that is Justin McCareins. Without Laveranues Coles, wide reciever is pretty close to the top of the list of Jets needs.

Number 10
12-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Call me crazy Jets fans...but I think Cotchery is better than Coles. Not saying Coles should be traded...but I really like Cotchery and have though Coles has been overrated.

Now that I think of it...Coles and a pick for McNabb?

Crickett
12-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Call me crazy Jets fans...but I think Cotchery is better than Coles. Not saying Coles should be traded...but I really like Cotchery and have though Coles has been overrated.

Now that I think of it...Coles and a pick for McNabb?

I would hope not.

1. I don't think Coles is overrated at all and Cotchery has shown he is not a #1. A good #2 yes, a #1, no.

2. Any problems McNabb has in Philly, he's have with the Jets too. Without Coles, he'd have a lack of receiving targets and with the problems the Jets have at LG and RT, he'd probably take a beating too.

3. I don't think anyone is ready to give up on Kellen Clemons

4. What about Chad Pennington and his ginormous contract?

Oh and, you're crazy. :p

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Jets and McNabb? That'd be interesting. I'd have a tough time buying it, but I guess nothing should be impossible. But the Jets have far more needs than QB.

Only time will tell on the Jason Taylor front. But short of it is, I just don't think Parcells will be apprehensive about dealing within division if he thinks it's for the best. I mean, facing a good, but declining Jason Taylor isn't the end of the world if they get an asset that helps them to rebuild quickly.

On Coles - I know I saw something else somewhere. But skimming through some NFL sites right now

"Jets unlikely to grant Coles a contract extension

As if the Jets didn’t have enough personnel decisions to address, WR Laveranues Coles’ admission after Week 16 that he’s seeking a renegotiated contract further exacerbates the front office’s headaches. The figure that Coles, who’s due to earn a reported $11 million over the next two seasons, is seeking is unclear, but it’s mostly irrelevant. Our Jets sources tell us there’s little chance the team will sweeten his deal. Not that such a move would be unprecedented. After the Pete Kendall debacle last offseason — the Jets ended up cutting the veteran guard after refusing to meet his demand of a $1 million raise — supposedly had signified general manager Mike Tannenbaum’s refusal to rework contracts, he extended middling OG Brandon Moore’s deal shortly thereafter. Rather, it’s that the 30-year-old Coles is viewed as being too old to be worthy of a contract that will pay him elite WR money into, at least, his mid-30s. Regardless of the ultimate course of action, we hear that both Coles and the front office are steadfastly committed to ensuring a resolution before training camp. The most likely scenario appears to be a trade of Coles to a WR-needy team sometime before the draft."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm

I tend to agree with Number 10. I think Cotchery is better than Coles now, and that the offense was off-sync for a lot of factors, including the need for a number 2 receiver to pair with Cotchery, preferably someone with a tad more speed.

Edit: Additional comment - I'm not sure what the money saved from moving Coles/McCareins would be, but I think it would perhaps be more than enough to sign, say, a Jabar Gaffney or David Patten/Devery Henderson or Andre Davis/Bryant Johnson or Drew Carter or DJ Hackett or Justin Gage or Devard Darling or Ernest Wilford, and I'm not sure that isn't a smarter move than sticking with Coles/McCareins for the short term and the long term.

Crickett
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
On Coles - I know I saw something else somewhere. But skimming through some NFL sites right now

"Jets unlikely to grant Coles a contract extension

As if the Jets didnít have enough personnel decisions to address, WR Laveranues Colesí admission after Week 16 that heís seeking a renegotiated contract further exacerbates the front officeís headaches. The figure that Coles, whoís due to earn a reported $11 million over the next two seasons, is seeking is unclear, but itís mostly irrelevant. Our Jets sources tell us thereís little chance the team will sweeten his deal. Not that such a move would be unprecedented. After the Pete Kendall debacle last offseason ó the Jets ended up cutting the veteran guard after refusing to meet his demand of a $1 million raise ó supposedly had signified general manager Mike Tannenbaumís refusal to rework contracts, he extended middling OG Brandon Mooreís deal shortly thereafter. Rather, itís that the 30-year-old Coles is viewed as being too old to be worthy of a contract that will pay him elite WR money into, at least, his mid-30s. Regardless of the ultimate course of action, we hear that both Coles and the front office are steadfastly committed to ensuring a resolution before training camp. The most likely scenario appears to be a trade of Coles to a WR-needy team sometime before the draft."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm

Jets | Coles wants to remain with team
Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:39:48 -0800

J.P. Pelzman, of The Bergen Record, reports New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles (ankle) said he would like to stay with the Jets next season. His contract runs out after the 2009 season, and he is scheduled to make $5 million in 2008 and $6 million in 2009. It is believed that the Jets would like to renegotiate his contract for less money, while Coles wants more years on his contract so he will have more security.

http://www.kffl.com/player/1365/nfl

Number 10
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I would hope not.

1. I don't think Coles is overrated at all and Cotchery has shown he is not a #1. A good #2 yes, a #1, no.

2. Any problems McNabb has in Philly, he's have with the Jets too. Without Coles, he'd have a lack of receiving targets and with the problems the Jets have at LG and RT, he'd probably take a beating too.

3. I don't think anyone is ready to give up on Kellen Clemons

4. What about Chad Pennington and his ginormous contract?

Oh and, you're crazy. :p

You think Pennington is going to be around next year? I don't.

Hell....the Eagles might even be interested if McNabb is dealt. The cap hit won't be as big now in losing Chad, so it's possible.

The Jets will be in position to grab a very good WR, and they have the money to bring someone in as well whether it's along the line or at WR. I think their top pick will have to be used on defense, but Cotchery and a Limas Sweed type pick would be a nice course of action if that trade were to occur.

I was called crazy by everyone and their mother when I said Osi was better than Peppers too.

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
If the Jets can negotiate his number down, then sure, keeping him makes more sense. The Bergen Record article (below) doesn't suggest that Coles is willing to bring down his number though, which is what the KFFL blurb mildly hints at (depending on how you read it, seems like it mildly hints that way for me), particularly his comment on a business side to it.

Only time will tell.

"JETS NOTES

Coles: I want to stay

Wide receiver Laveranues Coles was at the game despite being placed on injured reserve Saturday because of his ankle injury, and said he wants to be back. Coles is signed through 2009, but is scheduled to make $5 million next season and $6 million in 2009, and the Jets apparently would like to renegotiate those numbers downward a little bit.

The 29-year-old said he wants to finish his career with the Jets and intends to talk with management in the near future. He said that coach Eric Mangini told him that he wants Coles back with the team. "That meant a lot to me," Coles said, "but again, there's a business side to it."

Coles often has chafed at Mangini's stringent rules and practices, but also has earned the coach's admiration and praise for his willingness to play through injuries. But Coles also said the ultimate decision "is about not only me, but my family."

"We'll have to sit down and talk about it," Coles said of himself and the Jets, but added that he doesn't want to have an acrimonious situation with the team."

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMjEmZmdi ZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcyMzc1ODYmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZU VFeXk2

Crickett
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
You think Pennington is going to be around next year? I don't.

No I don't, but I don't think they're going to trade for a QB either. Maybe sign one or draft one day two.

The Jets will be in position to grab a very good WR, and they have the money to bring someone in as well whether it's along the line or at WR. I think their top pick will have to be used on defense, but Cotchery and a Limas Sweed type pick would be a nice course of action if that trade were to occur.

Possibly, but they're probably not going to get that very good WR in the third round and whatever earlier picks the Jets have could probably be better used on one of the many many already existing needs the Jets have such as a right tackle, defensive end or left guard.

I was called crazy by everyone and their mother when I said Osi was better than Peppers too.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I was called crazy when I said that the Giants shouldn't trade up for Eli. Or that Alex Smith was the next Tim Couch.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
The Falcons get to continue being perenial (sp) losers. Yay.

Caddy
12-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Hate the Buc's trade, but love the selection.

Don Killuminati
12-28-2007, 08:02 PM
But the Raiders have Kirk Morrison. :confused:

With any luck, we'll be switching to a 4-4 defense. maybe then we'll be able to play some run defense.

[/sarcasm]

MasterShake
12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
The 49ers don't need an OG in round 1. We have David Baas and Adam Snyder who are two nice young guards with alot of starting experience already. We'll probably pick up 1 or 2 OL late in the draft or in FA.

If anything we might go OT high if Jonas Jennings doesn't come back, but I see him returning and hopefully staying healthy.

Borat
12-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't think the Niners will go after a OG in the first. They'd target a OT or DL there.

D-Rod
12-29-2007, 09:05 AM
As you indicated: boo from Falcons fans. I'd like to see McFadden try to get yards running behind Quinn Ojinnaka, and getting the handoff and the hit at the same time.

If he falls to #4, and we don't have to trade up, then fine - because then we still have the ammo to pick up an OT and QB in th 2nd round. But there's no point getting McFadden if we don't address our other offensive issues.

D-Rod
12-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Also, there's just too many bad memories from the last time the Falcons traded up to #1 to get a dynamic, attention-grabbing player. It might be immaterial from a grounded perspective, but nothing in Atlanta is grounded right now, least of all Blank.

luckyjackaubrey
12-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Sign me up as a supporter of that J Taylor deal. I do think it would cost us the 2nd round pick and possibly another late pick.

scottyboy
12-29-2007, 09:32 AM
cant argue at all with the Giants pick. Although CB is a much bigger need, that value and talent there is too good to pass up. Kiwi-Pierce-Rivers. Me likey.

The Giants are fortunate with this draft, after Rivers and Connor, there's a drop at LB talent, but the depth this year is incredible. And our biggest hole, CB, is extremly deep this year. I'm fine with many of the prospects except Trae Williams and Mike Jenkins, and you should be able to figure out why ;)

PossumBoy9
12-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Excellent pick for St. Louis. I'd be thrilled.

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 02:04 PM
As you indicated: boo from Falcons fans. I'd like to see McFadden try to get yards running behind Quinn Ojinnaka, and getting the handoff and the hit at the same time.

If he falls to #4, and we don't have to trade up, then fine - because then we still have the ammo to pick up an OT and QB in th 2nd round. But there's no point getting McFadden if we don't address our other offensive issues.

Screw Ojinnaka, we would have the man beast known as Renardo Foster paired with D'Antony Batiste and Tyson Clabo. And a midgit at center.

Matthew Jones
12-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Good job with the Patriots - Taylor trade makes up for average pick.

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Also, there's just too many bad memories from the last time the Falcons traded up to #1 to get a dynamic, attention-grabbing player. It might be immaterial from a grounded perspective, but nothing in Atlanta is grounded right now, least of all Blank.

Personally, I think the deal we did to move up from 5 to 1 was OK (1st round pick, 3rd round pick, future 2nd round pick, Tim Dwight). Good deal IMO. Very good compared to a smaller jump (4 to 1) for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 2nd.

PossumBoy9
12-29-2007, 08:02 PM

That seems like wishful thinking from a Dolphins fan.

Gholston is more likely to be picked by the Rams than Jake Long.

NIN1984
12-29-2007, 08:56 PM
hey toonsterwu if Raiders trade Fabian Washington what do you think he is worth?

BaLLiN
12-29-2007, 08:56 PM
id like to see this giants pick, but im not sure if thats our most pressing need anymore, im thinking CB, S, or WR

Ewing
12-29-2007, 09:37 PM
James Hardy would be a far better pick than Limas Sweed and if not him then a middle linebacker like Dan Connor would do.

Vikes99ej
12-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I really like the move for the Vikings. I just hope he'd stay healthy for us.

DHVF
12-30-2007, 12:38 PM
I really like the move for the Vikings. I just hope he'd stay healthy for us.
I don't like it at all, as it is an enormous price to pay for an oft-injured quarterback with a monstrous contract. As evidenced by our picks in this past years draft, I would much rather continue building through the draft rather than trading away our future for a solid veteran.

12-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Completely agree with your perception that the Raiders go DL and wait to fill the OL need a few rounds later at better value and with a player that fits their ZBS blocking scheme.

The Legend
12-30-2007, 01:12 PM
falcons trade 4 top draft picks to move up one spot or 2 spots? that make no sense

Like the ravens draft // packers not so much

go_ravens94
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Matt Ryan is a good, solid pick for B-More.

However, is he BPA? The Ozzie Newsome way is BPA.

Finsfan79
12-31-2007, 01:00 PM
I think it would cost a 2nd and a late pick for JT, but I guess shall see what happens. Hewants to stay here he said again yesterday but shall see, I would dieif I had to see him in a pats uniform but the price about right around a late 2nd to maybe a late 3rd and second day pick something like that.

I love the trade for everything. for the falcons trade though

bhyg
01-01-2008, 06:44 AM
This was EXTREMELY entertaining and well thought out as well. It doesn't matter, this early in the process whether or not everyone is happy with who their respective teams actually ended up with in this mock. I think as we get closer to the draft things will come into better focus. I actually joined this site because of this. I look forward to more of your mocks. Good job and thank you.

Eaglez.Fan
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Perfect eagles pick. And I'm going to pretend you didn't give us Campbell because McNabb will be in Philly next year. Although if that does happen Campbell is good value there.

hcbrad08
01-03-2008, 03:37 PM
You are on crack if you think Laverneus Coles is worth a 3rd rd pick and that it may be too high....you may be too high

johbur
01-03-2008, 08:50 PM
For GB, Godfrey would be a solid pick-up, particularly if he times well at the combine. He's got a little height and size to him, so I think he'd have a better shot at learning the press coverage that GB plays than a smaller CB.

Memorex
01-07-2008, 12:09 AM
I hate this Phins draft