PDA

View Full Version : Week 17: Detroit @ Green Bay

Xiomera
12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Prediction Time . . .

Green Bay 151
Detroit 2

Favre is gonna throw for 18 touchdowns before he is pulled at halftime.

Ok, Ok, seriously now . . .

Green Bay 35
Detroit 20

detroit4life
12-28-2007, 03:16 PM
we should win this game. GB has nothing to play for and we will be playing backups after the 1st quarter.

TacticaLion
12-28-2007, 08:31 PM
And, if we win and Minn loses to Den (on Colorado), we finish 2nd in the NFC North.

WMD
12-29-2007, 05:35 AM
I hope we lose. Sorry.

Scotty D
12-29-2007, 06:16 AM
8-8 or better draft position? Which one is better for the team moving forward?

TacticaLion
12-29-2007, 09:10 AM
With how much hype the Vikings got recently, finishing 2nd in the NFC North would be a HUGE confidence boost (not to mention it would be a .500 season... the first non-losing season in how many years?!). I'd rather win.

Whitebull
12-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think you could say we backed into an 8-8 record either. I mean I guess we would by beating GB, but losing to Dallas was practically a fluke. Hanson misses a 35 yarder at home? Lenon can't drop on a fumble, and it goes RIGHT to a Cowboys lineman already on the ground? It was discussed to death, but the point is we outplayed the Cowboys that day (and the Cowboys didn't even play poorly) and had the win if any 1 of a few stupid things hadn't happened.

And that's not even taking into account how our defense, which is supposed to be so horrible, kept us in the games at Arizona, New York, and even the first GB, and only our putrid offensive performance in that 3-game stretch caused us to lose them all.

I'll just be pissed if after beating GB we have to hear the "we weren't really 8-8 blah blah" crap all offseason.

Xiomera
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I hope we lose. Sorry.

I hope we lose by 50.

P-L
12-29-2007, 05:52 PM
8-8 by far.

Bootland27
12-29-2007, 07:21 PM
6-10 or 8-8 doesn't matter......The team needs are still the same and Martz needs to go. The only thing 8-8 will do is make Millen feel vindicated.

P-L
12-29-2007, 07:37 PM
6-10 or 8-8 doesn't matter......The team needs are still the same and Martz needs to go. The only thing 8-8 will do is make Millen feel vindicated.
It also gives the players more confidence going into next year. After going 0-6 I'd MUCH, MUCH rather finish the season on a 2-game winning streak than I would with a loss in the last game of the season. If our record is 7-9 or 8-8, it won't make the difference between Martz staying or him going. His future is going to be the same, regardless of what our final record is at this point. To steal a quote from Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." I want the Lions to win every single game they play.

I could care less about draft position, especially because Millen has had 7 1st Round picks (not counting Calvin, because it's too early to judge him) and has only made 3 good selections (R. Williams, K. Jones, E. Sims). Considering that Sims was basically Marinelli's pick, I can only really give him credit for Williams and Jones. Right now the highest we can pick is #19 and the lowest we can pick is #13. The difference between 3-6 draft spots is NOT worth a win.

detroit4life
12-29-2007, 08:27 PM
its the time to quit playing for draft position. we need to win because we are loosing our own players on this team. Morale is way down and people want to leave. Going 8-8 is a good step for us and will give us somthing to improve upon. It will help us with FAs and it will actually show improvement rather then just another loosing season. We need to play to win every game not wry about a few draft spots

TacticaLion
12-29-2007, 10:27 PM
its the time to quit playing for draft position. we need to win because we are loosing our own players on this team. Morale is way down and people want to leave. Going 8-8 is a good step for us and will give us somthing to improve upon. It will help us with FAs and it will actually show improvement rather then just another loosing season. We need to play to win every game not wry about a few draft spots

Yep. You look at 8-8... and the Dallas game... and can see how close we were to contending for a playoff spot. I'd much rather give our players (and possible FAs) hope for the future than move up 5-8 spots.

detroit4life
12-29-2007, 10:30 PM
it would help us more in contract negotiating too if we were a .500 team

TacticaLion
12-30-2007, 02:04 AM

Yep... it'll help encourage a player like Faneca to look this way (please?)...

Jagonsucker
12-30-2007, 02:14 AM
doesnt matter..this team is **** and will be **** forever till Ford no longer owns this team..sorry guys but thats the truth

Bootland27
12-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Yep... it'll help encourage a player like Faneca to look this way (please?)...

Please.....They'll sign with whoever gives them the most $$$$$$. Unless you're an elite team (NE, Dal, etc) don't expect any paycuts.

Scotty D
12-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Faneca would be an upgrade over probably both of Mulitalo and Peterman, but I actually think we are ok at OG. I would rather put that money somewhere else. Faneca is going to demand 49 million plus.

WMD
12-30-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't think being a .500 team will make FA's look past the fact that we are the Lions.. Our best players are pretty much always unhappy and want out.

detroit4life
12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't think being a .500 team will make FA's look past the fact that we are the Lions.. Our best players are pretty much always unhappy and want out.

but getting to .500 shows improvement and makes it look like a more positive future.

doesnt matter much were getting killed

bearsfan_51
12-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Of all things, the Rams-Cardinals game will decide whether the Bears-Lions are tied for the 14th pick, or whether the Lions pick 15th and the Bears pick 16th.

WMD
12-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Go Arizona!!!

Scotty D
12-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Go Arizona!!!

I'm a little confused. We need them to win or lose? Is this about SOS or record.

bearsfan_51
12-30-2007, 05:11 PM
It's actually about both. If Arizona wins, they leapfrog both the Bears and Lions, however, it would also make the Bears and Lions SOS equal, as the Lions have currently one less openent number of wins than the Bears. This would mean there would be a coin flip for the 14th pick.

If the Cardinals somehow manage to blow it, the Lions would have an easier SOS by 1 game than the Bears, and would be locked into the 15th pick (barring some crazy occurance with Carolina and Denver's schedule that I overlooked).

detroit4life
12-30-2007, 06:10 PM
so its going to be a coin flip between us and the bears?

85ers
12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
so its going to be a coin flip between us and the bears?
I don't think there will be a coin flip. If the record and strength of schedule is equal I believe it goes to head to head record and then conference record if necessary. The Bucs and Browns had all of those tied last year so that was why they had the coin flip.