PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Mockitude

Tampa 2 4 life
12-28-2007, 01:18 PM
1. Miami Dolphins - OT Jake Long, Michigan
I truly think Parcells will trade out of this pick, but since I'm not doing trades, Long makes the most sense. Dorsey has durability concerns, Gholston is not a #1, Parcells won't pick Mcfadden, the only other possibility is Chris Long and I think Parcells would rather nab the top LT.

2. St. Louis Rams - DE Chris Long, Virginia
The dolphins nabbed Long from them, but they're two impact D-Lineman on the board. Assuming they stay in a cover two type Dorsey wouldn't make sense since he profiles as a UT in the Cover Two, like Adam Carriker, so they decide to get some pressure on the outside.

3. New York Jets - DT Glen Dorsey, LSU
Mangini needs a true 3-4 End, and Dorsey profiles at that position and is an impact player.

4. Atlanta - QB Matt Ryan, BC
The new HC won't be under any pressure to win now so he can draft a Franchise QB.

5. Kansas City - OT Ryan Clady, Boise State
LT is by far their greatest need and with Long gone they take Clady.

6. Oakland - RB Darren Mcfadden, Arkansas
Al Davis just crapped his pants.

7. Baltimore - CB Malcolm Jenkins, OSU
I think Smith has earned himself a shot at the starting job, so Ravens go to plan B and grab a lockdown corner.

8. New England - ILB James Laurinitis, OSU
Pats need depth in the middle, so they pick the best MILB in the draft.

9. Cincinnati - DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
Gives them an inside prescence, something they are seriously lacking.

10. Denver - S Kenny Phillips, Miami
If there was any hole in Denver's secondary, it just got filled up.

11. Carolina - QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
Fox looks safe, they get a franchise signal caller.

12. Chicago - DT Kentwan Balmer, UNC
Their D played like crap for most of the year, so they get a skilled UT to help the line.

13. Arizona - CB Mike Jenkins, USF
I can't really see them going anywhere else, so they'll get a lockdown corner to help potentially rival there secondary to Denver's.

14. New Orleans - OLB Keith Rivers, USC
Gives them a Quality LB that is an improvement over what they have now.

15. Buffalo - DE/OLB Vernon Gholston, OSU
Impact Pass rusher they need, with outstanding value at this point.

16. Houston - CB Leodis Mckelvin, Troy
They've worked on the D-Line for ages, so they go to the secondary where they can make a truly dominant D.

17. Detroit Lions - DE Calais Campbell, Miami
No impact RE worth taking here, so they'll turn around and draft an impact LE. Campbell can stop the run AND get after the QB and he has good size, making him an ideal COver 2 LE.

18. Philadelphia - WR DeSean Jackson, Cal
Big Play threat at WR whenever he gets his hands on the ball, something Kevin Kolb will need.

19. Minnesota - QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky
Jackson just plain isn't getting it done, and if Defenses can continue to load 8 or 9 in the box, they'll never be effective.

20. Washington - WR Limas Sweed, Texas
The WRs have just plain not been catching TD passes, Sweed should help change that.

21.Tennessee Titans - WR Malcolm Kelly, OU
The Titans are pathetic at WR and Kelly is potentially a steal.

22. Dallas Cowboys - CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
Exactly the type of physical CB that Wade Phillips loves.

23. Tampa Bay - DT Frank Okam, Texas
A guy who'll probably go up draft boards and with Hovan getting up there gives Tampa an impact NT.

24. Seattle - RB Jonathon Stewart, Oregon
Shaun Alexander has been ineffective at best recently, and Stewart is an absolute monster.

25. Pittsburgh - OT/OG Michael Oher, Ole Miss
Faneca is leaving and Oher can fill his spot at LG.

26. San Diego - CB Aqib Talib, Kansas
Cromartie had a breakout season, but another Corner wouldn't hurt.

27. New York Giants - Dan Connor OLB, Penn State
Giants could use another LB and Connor could have the luxery of not having to start right away.

28. Jacksonville - WR Mario Manningham, Michigan
Dennis Northcutt is currently there #1 reciever.

29. Green Bay - CB Tracy Porter, Indiana
Doesn't have to start immediately, and can become a very good man-man CB.

30. San Fransisco - DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
Instantly improves SF's Pass Rush.

31. Dallas - RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
It looks like they'll lose at least one of their RBs, so they pick up Mendenhall to fill the void.

32. New England Patriots - A Sony Cybershot Camera

T-RICH49
12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
even though it's not a need I don't see KC passing on McFadden if he is there

princefielder28
12-28-2007, 01:35 PM
If Mendenhall declares he will not be drafted that low

Crickett
12-28-2007, 01:38 PM
3. New York Jets - DT Glen Dorsey, LSU
Mangini needs a true 3-4 End, and Dorsey profiles at that position and is an impact player.

If Glenn Dorasey "profiles" at 3-4 end at 6'2 303, then so does DeWayne Robertson at 6'1 310, and they should simply shift him over.

12. Chicago - DT Kentwan Balmer, UNC
Their D played like crap for most of the year, so they get a skilled UT to help the line.

IIRC, the Bears were fine at DT until they lost 16 of them to injury.

28. Jacksonville - WR Mario Manningham, Michigan
Dennis Northcutt is currently there #1 reciever.

And if they draft Manningham, I have a sneaking suspicion that Dennis Northcutt will continue to be there #1 receiver. Their #1 receiver too.

30. San Fransisco - DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
Instantly improves SF's Pass Rush.

So much for Manny Lawson or TBC.

32. New England Patriots - A Sony Cybershot Camera

Oh come on, a cybershot??? That's a complete reach!!!

regoob2
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Why would the bears reach on an UT when they have Tommie Harris? OT,QB,RB,S are all bigger needs in my opinion. In that situation I'd prefer a trade down with Gholston on the board so some one might trade up for him, or I'd just take Woodson.

BigJohn98
12-28-2007, 01:54 PM
We(Jags) don't need to draft a receiver in the first round. Our receivers are fine. We need a defensive end badly. In that situation, we'd take either Harvey or Groves. I prefer Quinton Groves.

Bills2083
12-28-2007, 02:16 PM
I like Gholston, but we just invested $74 million in two of our DEs.

Unless he plays OLB for us, I would be mad with that pick.

Malcolm Kelly would be the choice there.

12-28-2007, 02:23 PM
McFadden at 6 would be awesome, but realistically I doubt it.

DiG
12-28-2007, 03:21 PM
kelly > sweed

oher > both

BeerBaron
12-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Why would the bears reach on an UT when they have Tommie Harris? OT,QB,RB,S are all bigger needs in my opinion. In that situation I'd prefer a trade down with Gholston on the board so some one might trade up for him, or I'd just take Woodson.

think before you speak if your a bears fan, we need all the respect we can get.

i agree the bears def. dont go DT in round 1, hell i think balmer can be had by them in round 2. i dont know where this idea came from of him being picked that high....

anyway...

in order, i think the bears top 3 needs go OT, QB, DT

tackle is a no brainer. quarterback is big but the bears can win now (well, next year) with KO or a FA like pennington and an otherwise healthy team so theres no buisness taking one in round 1. and then DT is a need because theres no one of any worth next to harris.

just check my sig for a good idea of the bears draft

bored of education
12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Im not sold on Clady being worthy of a top 10 pick, that could change but not sold. McFadden we would take as trade bait to get a 1st rounder this year and a 3rd or something. or give away LJ for 2nd and 3rd round pick LOL.

Sedrick Ellis or jenkins

Yung Flippa
12-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Solid Ravens pick, but give the Texans Mendenhall

Rich Jr
12-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Saints

Give us Connors because he can play ILB

Babylon
12-28-2007, 04:07 PM
kelly > sweed

oher > both

Kelley,Nelson,Jackson,Hardy,Bowman > Sweed

thebow305
12-28-2007, 04:45 PM
not a big fan of Long after seeing what gholston did to him, if Long is worth the number one pick, gholston should be then

jdb1972
12-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Carolina isn't likely to take a QB in round 1. Or 2. Or 3.

Don Killuminati
12-28-2007, 07:37 PM
"6. Oakland - RB Darren Mcfadden, Arkansas Al Davis just crapped his pants." At his age, he does that a lot. Don't read anything into it. It's not personal.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Perfect Ravens pick!

Caddy
12-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Personally, I don't think taking Okam would be the best way to use the Buccaneers first round pick. There are several other DT's I would take over him in a heartbeat including Dre Moore.

RaiderNation
12-28-2007, 11:01 PM
love it.

regoob2
12-28-2007, 11:44 PM
think before you speak if your a bears fan, we need all the respect we can get.

i agree the bears def. dont go DT in round 1, hell i think balmer can be had by them in round 2. i dont know where this idea came from of him being picked that high....

anyway...

in order, i think the bears top 3 needs go OT, QB, DT

tackle is a no brainer. quarterback is big but the bears can win now (well, next year) with KO or a FA like pennington and an otherwise healthy team so theres no buisness taking one in round 1. and then DT is a need because theres no one of any worth next to harris.

just check my sig for a good idea of the bears draft

Calm down there psycho.... and why do the Bears need respect and why would this mock draft bring respect? The DT positions was a weak spot on our team this year I agree but how would he help, he doesn't fit the scheme he is better suited to play DE in a 3-4 he's undersized to play UT in a cover 2. Why would we play him at NT unless you wanna trade Tommie Harris? We have Darwin Walker signed long term DD and AA and we just signed 2 other DT's Kennedy a practice squad kid who actually played well. We have nothing but DT. We only can dress so many DT each week.