PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft 12/28/07

Dcboys94
12-28-2007, 03:28 PM
-A few shockers, but leave constructive criticsm. If you don't like the pick give me a couple alternatives.

1. Dolphins:
- Brian Brohm/QB/Louisville
-With Parcells in control in Miami now they have to expect a lot of changes. He will get his guy. To this point we don't exactly know who that is, but a franchise signal caller is a good choice. It will be between Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm for the first QB taken in '08.
-There is no doubt in my mind that if DMAC is available when the J-E-T-S pick they will take him. He is considered by many to be the best player and safest bet in the '08 draft. If the right call comes look for a varietyof teams trying to trade up including Atlanta, Dallas, and possibly the Bengals.
-With Bobby Petrino gone everyone can stop assuming Brohm is the automatic pick. Ryan might end up being the top QB taken this year, but expect a close battle with Woodson finishing a distant 3rd behind Brohm and Ryan.
-Again the rich get richer. The Patriots acquired this pick after trading thier second first last year to the 49ers to get Joe Staley. Nobody expected them to pick this high, but here they are. Gholston has accumulated 21 sacks over the last 2 seasons and is a beast. Look for a team with a 3-4 defense to take him.
-Bengals...um...yet another disappointing year. They get a quick penetrating DT with this pick. They bulster thier defense and hope again for next year. Look for them to possibly make an attempt to acquire DMAC, as Rudi is nearing his 30's.
-The Broncos couls go many ways here. They could use some defensive help, but getting a young RB instead of having a new one every othere game would help. Rice reminds some of Emmitt Smith with his squatty look, small size(5-9 200), and quickness. He has a nose for the endzone and is an excellent between the tackles runner. Not decievingly fast, but makes up for it with his heart, work ethic, and quickness. Might be too early for him, but not a bad pick.
-The Bears have a variety of needs on offense including QB,RB, and WR. They settle with Andre' Woodson here, but could go with Jonathan Stewart or Malcolm Kelly here. Woodson has good potential, but he is slipping.
-Another OT for the Cardinals, but I wouldn't consider it a bad thing. With the selection of Levi Brown #5 last year to play right Tackle, they select Bake to protect Lienart's left side.
-The Texans cannot stall anymore on taking a 1st round RB. With a good young QB, An excellent young WR, They need a good young RB to complete thier trio. Stewart is a big bruising back has has reported 4.37 speed. Though it is more likely he will run 4.4 - 4.5. Can make an instant impact on this team.
-Another miami player considered a top 5 pick before the season. Campbell still has loads of potential and ability. This years proclaimed "nNext Julius Peppers." Which I don't know is so good after Peppers 3 sack season. I'll go with next Mario Williams to give you guys a better comparison. He is big and fast and gets to the QB.
-McKelvin has been shooting up draft boards recently due to his 4.3 speed, return ability, and cover skills. He has great make-up speed and looks like a #1 CB. This could be too high at #20 for him, but who knows how the offseason plays out. Look for the Cowboys to strongly pursue McFadden, as Jerry Jones covets him. But if he can't manage to trade up McKelvin could go here. The Cowboys also had luck on another slight reach for a player from Troy i.e. DeMarcus Ware.
-DeSean Jackson might be the most explosive player in the draft. He runs anywhere from a 4.3-4.4 forty and has really good recieving skills. He is like a Ted Ginn Jr., except he has natural recieving skills and better speed, or pure speed as opposed to Ginn's straight line speed. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as top 10 pick. Guys with speed generally don't last long.
-Felix Jones is a pure playmaker. He can catch, run, and is a good return man. This might be the oddest pick thus far, but Cadillac Williams can't seem to stay healthy. Even when He is healthy Felix jones would make a great combo out of the backfield. Also look for Tampa to get a WR to replace Galloway.
-Plain and Simple Seahwks need a TE. Davis might be the best in the Draft. He came into college a WR and grew into a TE. At 6-3 250 he is a terrific reciever, and the favorite target in the USC offense this past year.
-Alex Smith has needed a young #1 for the past few years. They finally get one here. Bowman is a strong, sure handed, good route runner. He only lacks speed.
-The Cowboys now have missed out on both McFadden and Felix Jones. So they plug up their secondary with Smith. Smith can play both S and CB. Again, be alarmed that the Cowboys will pursue McFadden and this pick might be traded.

-as seen on Draftcentral.blogspot.com

gdamac
12-28-2007, 03:32 PM
I would love this draft, but I would love Chris Long more. It's not their biggest need, but it would be too perfect for Howie jr to suit up in the silver and black. A good run stuffing DT will be available in the second round, I can't possibly see Al Davis passing on Chris Long. Dorsey is a great pick but between Long and Dorsey it's Long. I think you're right about the fish, they need to replace Marino, still. Although the Big Tuna may trade down, and still get Brohm or Ryan.

Bills2083
12-28-2007, 03:33 PM
good pick for Buffalo.
I wouldn't mind Malcolm Kelly either

BeerBaron
12-28-2007, 03:39 PM
you listed some bears offensive needs in thier pick but left the biggest one out and thats tackle.

while i dont disagree that QB is one of them, and while woodson is the one id prefer of the 'big 3' this year, the bears are a team who can get right back to winning next year with everyone healthy and an experienced starter like kyle orton or a vet FA like chad pennington.

If they go tackle in round 1, they get blast off the abomination that is fred miller at RT and groom who they pick for long term at LT to replace tait in a few years.

another thing, RB isnt one of thier biggest needs and i dont see them addressing it any sooner than the latest rounds. They have way too much time and money invested in Benson to give up on him this early and they just plunked a first day pick down for garrett wolfe last year.

BigJohn98
12-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Quentin Groves over Manningham. Defensive end is a bigger need than reciever.

Crickett
12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
3. Jets:
- Darren McFadden/RB/Arkansas
-There is no doubt in my mind that if DMAC is available when the J-E-T-S pick they will take him. He is considered by many to be the best player and safest bet in the '08 draft. If the right call comes look for a varietyof teams trying to trade up including Atlanta, Dallas, and possibly the Bengals.

This doesn't sound at all like the Saints drafting Reggie Bush.
Alternative: Vernon Gholston

10. Broncos:
- Ray Rice/RB/Rutgers
-The Broncos couls go many ways here. They could use some defensive help, but getting a young RB instead of having a new one every othere game would help. Rice reminds some of Emmitt Smith with his squatty look, small size(5-9 200), and quickness. He has a nose for the endzone and is an excellent between the tackles runner. Not decievingly fast, but makes up for it with his heart, work ethic, and quickness. Might be too early for him, but not a bad pick.

Check please.
Alternatives: Anyone else. Anyone at all. That not doin' it for ya? Okay, how about one of the first round prospects from Miami? Or James Laurantitis?

27. Giants:
- James Laurantitis/LB/Ohio St.
-Possibly the best ILB in the Draft. Don't be surprised to see him go higher.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go higher. At this point, I expect he will. But if he falls to the Giants, he'll fall past the Giants who have an excellent middle linebacker in Antonio Pierce.
Alternatives: An OUTSIDE linebacker or cornerback.

28. Jaguars:
- Mario Manningham/WR/Michigan
-A playmaker in the Wolverines offense. Has had a couple drops this year, but has generally good hands. Makes people miss in the open field and is decievingly fast.

A couple?

bored of education
12-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Ray Rice! lol wow

Dcboys94
12-28-2007, 03:48 PM
good pick for Buffalo.

you listed some bears offensive needs in thier pick but left the biggest one out and thats tackle.

while i dont disagree that QB is one of them, and while woodson is the one id prefer of the 'big 3' this year, the bears are a team who can get right back to winning next year with everyone healthy and an experienced starter like kyle orton or a vet FA like chad pennington.

If they go tackle in round 1, they get blast off the abomination that is fred miller at RT and groom who they pick for long term at LT to replace tait in a few years.

another thing, RB isnt one of thier biggest needs and i dont see them addressing it any sooner than the latest rounds. They have way too much time and money invested in Benson to give up on him this early and they just plunked a first day pick down for garrett wolfe last year.

Quentin Groves over Manningham.

thx for your replies i'm gonna note it all for my next mock. ;)

Dcboys94
12-28-2007, 03:49 PM
This doesn't sound at all like the Saints drafting Reggie Bush.

Check please.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go higher. At this point, I expect he will. But if he falls to the Giants, he'll fall past the Giants who have an excellent middle linebacker in Antonio Pierce.

A couple?

wow. thx for your useless post.

bored of education
12-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I dont see Ray Rice being 1st rounder unless he runs a 4.41 40 which he wont.

Crickett
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM

You're quite welcome.

Yung Flippa
12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
LOVE The Ravens pick and Solid Texans pick.

thebow305
12-28-2007, 04:47 PM
brohm sucks, worst phins pick to date. Much rather have Ryan if we had to have a QB, Brohm needs to be in the right system to do well. He has not proven to be worth the top pick in this draft. Dorsey or Gholston would be better, even Jake Long.

princefielder28
12-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Parcells will give Beck a chance to prove himself before he invests another high pick for the Phins on a QB

giver17
12-28-2007, 05:48 PM
how is jackson the 3dr WR chosen?

Twinblade
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Matt Ryan would be a horrible pick.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Very nice Ravens pick, especially since Malcolm Jenkins went right before we picked.

PossumBoy9
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I doubt the Rams pick Jake Long.

Is he really a true left tackle? If not, he wouldn't be the heir to Orlando Pace.

Chris Long or Gholston are the way to go for STL.

derza222
12-28-2007, 06:10 PM

That useless post was pretty much right on the money. Why do you have no doubt the Jets would take DMC? With Long and Gholston on the board and our biggest needs in the front 7 and on the offensive line I think at the very least we'd trade down but I don't see how we definitely take DMC there. No way Ray Rice goes that high or Little Animal goes that low. And Manningham is known for having the dropsies at times.

junior2430
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
-[B][U]10. Broncos:
- Ray Rice/RB/Rutgers

What are you smoking? Yes, that is a very, very, very, very bad pick. Very, very, very bad. I don't think I could stress that enough.

RB is one of the few positions that are not a need. Especially with Kenny Phillips on the board. We may have used several RB's this year, all have been productive. Also, when was the last time Denver drafted a RB in the first round? S, LB, DT, or OT are really the only positions that anyone should consider here. Unless Darren McFadden falls. That is the only RB that would get consideration.

Ray Rice won't go in the top 2 rounds, let alone the top 10.

Diehard
12-28-2007, 09:32 PM
10. Broncos:
- Ray Rice/RB/Rutgers

That isn't going to happen. Rice in the top 10 isn't just a reach, it's an abomination.

Broncos don't have a real FS on their roster... so Kenny Phillips from Miami is a pretty easy pick here.

Caddy
12-28-2007, 10:06 PM
DISGUSTING! Buccaneer pick. You obviously haven't watched a down of Buccaneers football if you think RB is a Round 1 need.

The Legend
12-28-2007, 10:16 PM
if Howie Long son falls to the Raiders i think we know what would happen

Buffalo M
12-29-2007, 06:50 AM
good pick for Buffalo.

Sign Bryant Johnson in Free Agency, then pick Lauranitis or Connor to shore up the run Defense alongside Paul Poz. That would be far better.

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Very original Falcons pick.

Also, very bad Falcons pick.