PDA

View Full Version : Gosder Cherilus

IBleedGreen18
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Seeing as how I go to school in Mass, I have been forced to watch a good number of BC games against my will. I have specifically watched him many times and don't remember myself ever being particularly impressed.

I think the question I'm posing is - Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with projecting a RT into the first round who plays on a team who running game is subpar?

BC uses the pass to open up the run, not visa versa, and I think thats for a reason. As good as his size is I don't see how a RT can be that highly graded when running the ball hasn't been that effective. I think run blocking has to be what sets a RT apart, pass protection comes second from the right side.

Babylon
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Whenever i've watched the Eagles he's played LT. I personally dont like him in round 1. Would take a chance in later rounds but the ghost of Winston Justice comes to mind when watching big Gos.

BamaFalcon59
12-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I think the question I'm posing is - Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with projecting a RT into the first round who plays on a team who running game is subpar?

Sub-par is being nice.

KaneMarko
12-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Whenever i've watched the Eagles he's played LT. I personally dont like him in round 1. Would take a chance in later rounds but the ghost of Winston Justice comes to mind when watching big Gos.

Not sure I'd compare Gosder to Justice. I think Gosder has a better head on his shoulders. But I do see Gosder going back to RT in the NFL and probably falling to the latter parts or round 1 at the earliest and more than likely early mid round 2.

energizerbunny
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
He looks like a 3rd rounder to me, he isn't particularly athletic and doesn't dominate in the run game like you'd like to see from a prospect being touted as highly as him.

I question his aggressiveness too, I'd like to see him finsh blocks a little better.

toonsterwu
12-31-2007, 01:11 AM
I don't think Gosder's a first rounder on a board, but it wouldn't stun me if a team took him late round 1 (say San Diego). Thing is, he was hyped up early based on the perception of LT value. He's come down as he's shown he's a marginal LT at best. All that said, he's still a solid RT prospect, and there are several teams that could look that way. I think he could go anywhere from late round 1 - mid round 2. He's a guy that I think could step in at RT right now and be solid for you.

scar988
12-31-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't think Gosder's a first rounder on a board, but it wouldn't stun me if a team took him late round 1 (say San Diego). Thing is, he was hyped up early based on the perception of LT value. He's come down as he's shown he's a marginal LT at best. All that said, he's still a solid RT prospect, and there are several teams that could look that way. I think he could go anywhere from late round 1 - mid round 2. He's a guy that I think could step in at RT right now and be solid for you.
San Diego makes a lot of sense too dueto them having Marcus McNeill at LT and Gosder at RT owuld give their QB a lot of time back their.