PDA

View Full Version : Dre Moore

rickscott
12-28-2007, 05:48 PM
What's not to like about this kid? Looking at his stats and size, it appears he should be really high in the draft but seems to be a late 2nd rder or 3rd rder. Anybody have any info on him and why is not rated real high? At 6'4" 311 and a 4.90 40 with great productivity, seems like a 1st rder.

toonsterwu
12-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Moore played well this year and has the versatility to play a lot of roles, ranging from 3-4 DE to 3-4 NT to 4-3 NT and perhaps develop as a 4-3 UT type. I think a question folks have is high dominant can he be. That is, some wonder if he's just the type that looks real good and is solid, but never becomes as dominant as his physical capabilities may suggest. Another one is perception. His past perception was that of an underachiever and that's not the easiest label to dump. I'm fine with him in the late first, although I've got him as a mid-late 2nd right now. His motor has a tendency to go in spurts as well. I haven't heard anything hugely negative about his work ethic, though. He could be a riser on account of workouts.

Young Legend
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
im a big fan of his..hope he plays well tonight..

getting him would make more sense for the raiders then ellis.

his stock will rise after his workouts.

BoltHype
12-28-2007, 06:12 PM
cant wait to see him tonight. A guy with his size, speed, and strength combination is very intriguing. He is also great at rushing the passer and is first-team All-ACC.

I want to see where he'd fit on a team like the Chargers. I could see him starting out as a 3-4 End and eventually bulking up to play Nose Guard...

D-Unit
12-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm not really sold on him. I've seen him do good stuff, but I wonder about the consistency.

gsoturf
12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
What time is the game and what channel?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-28-2007, 06:36 PM

I think it's right after this BC game. Will be watching for sure to see Moore, Heyward Bey and Erin Henderson.

Young Legend
12-28-2007, 06:37 PM

its on ESPN after the Mich St and BC game..got 1 more Qtr to go.

BoltHype
12-29-2007, 12:18 AM
The Emerald Bowl was a fun game to watch as two teams with a physical style of play battled each other to the very end. Maryland is a team that prefers to pound the football but couldn't get the running game established against a very good Oregon State linebacker corp. In the end, the Beavers were the team that ran the ball up and down the field and they came from behind to win a tough football game.

In terms of scouting, there was really only one player who I wanted to see and his name is Dre Moore. The Terps best sack master since Shawne Merriman, the All-ACC Dre Moore had an absolutely fantastic game and has surely risen up many a draft board. Every year features a defensive lineman who somehow sneaks into the first round of the NFL Draft (John McCargo, Justin Harrell, )and Moore can continue that trend with a nice Senior Bowl and Combine. Here is my scouting report on Dre Moore after his performance at the Emerald Bowl:

DT Dre Moore (6"4" 311lbs)
Senior - 59 total tackles, 8.5 TFLs, 6 sacks

Big and strong with a good motor. Has relatively long arms for the position and knows how to use them to keep defenders off him. Will bat down the pass on occasion. Plays with good leverage and has a variety of pass rush techniques, including a very effective swim move. Stout at the point of attack; handles two blockers well. Doesn't get push around and at the very least maintains his ground. Gets good penetration up the middle to pressure the Quarterback and plays the run well. He'll run down the ball carrier and make a play. Athletic and fast for his size. Plays a lot of snaps.

Is very versatile: on goal-line situations Moore lines up directly in the middle of the formation, indicating he is the team's most powerful player. In situations where the defense gives a 3-4 look, Moore lines up at Left Defensive End and Nose Guard. When the the Terps are playing the 4-3, Moore lines up frequently at Left Defensive Tackle but also switches to the Right as times.

Quiet leader who is not a character risk, has all the measurables, and will attract many teams after they get a closer look at him during the pre-Draft process.

Grade: Lower First Round, High Second Round (20-40 range)

Bobo
12-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Moore looked better than I expected last night. Although it was the only game I got to watch him closely in, he looked like maybe a 2nd round pick.