PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone's mock version 1.0

TyronePoole38
12-28-2007, 06:11 PM
1. Cleveland (from Miami) - Darren Mcfadden HB
-Cleveland send Derek Anderson to Miami in a package deal, Miami gets a QB who can help them win now and Cleveland gets the best prospect in the draft.
2. Atlanta - Matt Ryan QB
-Atlanta needs QB help badly, regardless of who is hired as Head Coach, he will realize that the team doesn't have the answer at QB on the current roster.
3. Kansas City - Jake Long OT
-KC finally upgrades the OL with the best OT prospect available.
4. St. Louis - Chris Long DE
-Glenn Dorsey gets a hard look here as does Ryan Clady but in the end their defense needs to get better in a hurry. Long will help improve their pass rush and run defense.
5. Baltimore - Brian Brohm QB
-Boller isn't the answer and neither is Troy Smith. Mcnair isn't getting any younger or better. Time to look to the future. Andre Woodson gets a long look here.
6. Cincinnati (from New York Jets) - Glenn Dorsey DT
-Cincy's D needs major upgrades and they trade up for the better DT prospect.
7. Oakland - Ryan Clady OT
-Oakland needs to invest in protecting Russell.
8. New England (from San Francisco) - James Laurinaitis LB
-With an aging LB core on the inside this is a no-brainer.
9. New York Jets (from Cincinnati) - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB
-With little to no pass rush being generated the Jets look to upgrade.
10. Chicago - Andre Woodson QB
-Grossman,Griese and Orton have all proven that they are not the answer.
11. Carolina - Kenny Phillips S
-They draft BPA and for need here.
12. Denver - Sedrick Ellis DT
-Their interior line has been horrid this season. Time to upgrade.
13. Arizona - Malcolm Jenkins CB
-The Cards need to find a #1 CB, Jenkins looks like their guy.
14. Detroit - Jeff Otah OT
-They lead the league in sacks allowed. Time to upgrade their pass protection.
15. Philadelphia - Desean Jackson WR
-They haven't gotten much out of the WR's and Jackson will also help boost their return teams.
16. New Orleans - Dan Connor LB
-CB gets a long hard look here but Connor comes from LB U and can play in the middle or outside.
17. Buffalo - Malcolm Kelly WR
-The Bills look to Bolster their offense and add a legitimate WR opposite Evans.
18. Houston - Felix Jones RB
-They give the OL and DB's long hard looks here but Jones will be a beast in Kubiak's run game and help open things up for the passing game.
19. Jacksonville (from Minnesota) - Derrick Harvey DE
-The Jags need help off the edge and trade up to get their guy.
20. Washington - Calais Campbell DE
-Another team requiring help off the edge.
21. San Diego - Rey Maualuga MLB
-They are soft at ILB and were playing a lot of 3-3-5 this year. Weakest spot on the team. They will give long hard looks to possible RT's to replace Olivea who isn't cutting it.
22. Dallas (from Cleveland) Mike Jenkins CB
-Injuries hurt them this year and seeing as they have 2 1st rounders they not only get need here but BPA.
23. Tennessee - Adarius Bowman WR
-No-brainer as they need someone to catch passes consistenly.
24. Tampa Bay - Sam Baker OT
-Petitgout's season ending injury and age draw serious concerns so they continue to revamp the O-line.
25. Seattle - Limas Sweed WR
-With Hackett set to be a FA, Engram not getting any younger and Burleson being a disapoinment they reload the WR position and give Hassleback a new favorite red-zone target.
26. Pittsburgh - Michael Oher OG/OT
-Can play inside at G or outside at OT and they are about to lose Faneca and possibly Starks.
27. New York Giants - Keith Rivers LB
-The LB core is in serious need of an upgrade.
28. Minnesota (from Jacksonville) - Early Doucet WR
-The sorest spot on the team and T-Jack needs some weapons on the outside.
29. Green Bay - Antoine Cason CB
-Woodson and Harris aren't getting younger. Time to look to the future.
30. San Francisco (from Indianapolis) - Quentin Groves DE/OLB
-TBC was a bust of a FA signing, thus Nolan turns to the draft to find an answer.
31. Dallas - Frank Okam DT
-They go out and draft what Phillips hopes can be the Dallas version of Jamaal Williams.
32. New England (pick forfeited)

Apriori
12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
The first overall pick holds a lot of value. It would take a ton more than Derrick Anderson to get it from Miami, especially without the Browns having a first-round pick.

Don Killuminati
12-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Another joke mock, right? Funny stuff.

BigJohn98
12-28-2007, 07:27 PM
If Jacksonville traded up to 19 and Calais Campbell was available, he would be the pick, not Harvey.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Absolutely terrible Oakland pick.

Bills2083
12-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Good Bills pick.

There's no way that Anderson goes for the #1 overall pick.

regoob2
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
What else does Miami get for the #1 pick or is that it?

BeerBaron
12-28-2007, 08:09 PM
i think its more likely dallas hands miami its whole first day to trade up for McFadden

EdReedUnstoppable
12-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Hate that Ravens pick.

neko4
12-28-2007, 08:38 PM
nice pack pick

Crickett
12-28-2007, 09:16 PM
1. Cleveland (from Miami) - Darren Mcfadden HB
-Cleveland send Derek Anderson to Miami in a package deal, Miami gets a QB who can help them win now and Cleveland gets the best prospect in the draft.

I don't see how this trade could happen with Cleveland lacking a first round pick this year. As good as Derek Anderson has been, he's not going to garner a top five pick.

6. Cincinnati (from New York Jets) - Glenn Dorsey DT
-Cincy's D needs major upgrades and they trade up for the better DT prospect.
7. Oakland
8. New England (from San Francisco)
9. New York Jets (from Cincinnati) - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB
-With little to no pass rush being generated the Jets look to upgrade.

This works out great for the Jets. They trade down and the guy who has the best chance of actually filling a need. But I have to wonder if the Jets trade down would Gholston be there considering Oakland and New England drafting right there.

:confused:

31. Dallas - Frank Okam DT
-They go out and draft what Phillips hopes can be the Dallas version of Jamaal Williams.

Jamal Williams??? :confused: I don't get that comparison at all. I would think Okam projects more as an end in the 3-4.

Yung Flippa
12-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Solid Texans pick, Eww to the Ravens pick, give us Vernon Ghloston.

Caddy
12-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Very solid yet unspectacular Buccaneer selection.

thebow305
12-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Wow... as a phins fan... I am speechless. Not in a good way though.

If we get every one of the Browns other picks in the draft, it still wouldn't be possible. Bad Bad Trade. I like Derek Anderson, for maybe a second round pick at best, but the first overall selection? You've got to be kiddin me!

TyronePoole38
12-29-2007, 09:48 AM
The first overall pick holds a lot of value. It would take a ton more than Derrick Anderson to get it from Miami, especially without the Browns having a first-round pick.

What else does Miami get for the #1 pick or is that it?

I don't see how this trade could happen with Cleveland lacking a first round pick this year. As good as Derek Anderson has been, he's not going to garner a top five pick.

As stated above it would be a package ... deal would most likley have to include Cleveland's 2nd round pick. Anderson will be tendered the highest possible tender thus the Browns will command a late first or high 2nd at worst. A proven NFL QB who can lead his team to winning footbal games the way Anderson has is worth more than a late 1st. While he still needs work on his short passing game he would give the Phins a chance to be more competitive than what Beck or Lemon would offer.

If Jacksonville traded up to 19 and Calais Campbell was available, he would be the pick, not Harvey.

I see Harvey as the better fit on the Jags Defense

Absolutely terrible Oakland pick.

Why is it terrible ? Sims is 32 and a better fit inside at LG ... Clady would help solidify the left side of the line and protect the investment they made in Russell. The Raiders surrendered 37 sacks this year so far. Sure they need a DE opposite Burgess and may need to replace Asomugha and have a need for a #1 WR but protecting Russell has to be priority #1.

i think its more likely dallas hands miami its whole first day to trade up for McFadden

Barber is on the verge of getting a new contract and to have him and Mcfadden in the backfield would be too costly. Jones is not Ditka, he may find himself enamored with Mcfadden but he won't trade his first day away when he has other areas on th team that still need to be addressed.

Hate that Ravens pick.

I think when it comes down to it Woodson has more upside but is more of a project to whereas Brohm is more NFL ready and Mcnair has missed 20 games over the last 4 seasons...if he continues to have health issues they need someone who can step in and step up. Brohm gives them that option. The Ravens need to find Mcnair's successor and with next year's draft class at QB nowhere near this years and not knowing if they'll even be in position to draft a QB next year they need to strike while the iron is hot.

This works out great for the Jets. They trade down and the guy who has the best chance of actually filling a need. But I have to wonder if the Jets trade down would Gholston be there considering Oakland and New England drafting right there.

:confused:

Oakland IMO will invest in protecting Russell and NE has a greater need inside moreso than outside.

Jamal Williams??? :confused: I don't get that comparison at all. I would think Okam projects more as an end in the 3-4.

Okam WILL NOT be the next Jamaal Williams but Phillips realizes the need for a 3-4 stud NT to make his 3-4 work, while Ratliff has played well i don't think he is the long term answer. I don't think Okam is a stud NT or ready to be a starter but if given the chance to play for Phillips he could overcome his weaknesses and become that guy in time.

SubNoize
12-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Oakland is not going to invest another first rounder on OL, especially a reach like that with Clady. Yes they've surrendered 37 sacks, but that's down from 72 and it's obvious that the protection area is improving. Oakland would most def. go with Gholston here as their pass rush is anemic and they need help anywhere they can get it along the defensive front. If not Gholston then they would go with Ellis as stopping the run is going to be offseason priority #1. Horrible choice for Oakland, F.

Crickett
12-29-2007, 12:09 PM
As stated above it would be a package ... deal would most likley have to include Cleveland's 2nd round pick. Anderson will be tendered the highest possible tender thus the Browns will command a late first or high 2nd at worst. A proven NFL QB who can lead his team to winning footbal games the way Anderson has is worth more than a late 1st. While he still needs work on his short passing game he would give the Phins a chance to be more competitive than what Beck or Lemon would offer.

I actually figure Derek Anderson could command a mid first rounder. But even so, a mid first rounder and, every other pick the Browns have in this year's draft probably isn't enough ammunition to trade up to #1.

The only way I could see this happening is if Cleveland traded
Derek Anderson
their entire draft
their entire '09 draft

and that's not going to happen.

Even then it might not be enough.