PDA

View Full Version : Hot Mock on Mock Action!!!

adschofield
12-29-2007, 12:47 AM
You know the drill...Constructive criticism si-vous plait

1. Miami Dolphins (1-14): Jake Long, OT, Michigan
2. Atlanta Falcons (3-13): Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
3. St. Louis Rams (4-12): Chris Long, DE, Virginia
4. Kansas City Chiefs (4-12): Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
5. Oakland Raiders (4-12): Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
6. New York Jets (4-12): Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State
7. Baltimore Ravens (4-12): Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
8. New England Patriots f/ SF: James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State
9. Carolina Panthers (6-10): Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
10. Denver Broncos (6-10): Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL)
11. Cincinnati Bengals (7-9): Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
12. Arizona Cardinals (7-9): Mike Jenkins, CB, USF
13. New Orleans Saints (7-9): Malcolm Jenkins, CB, OSU
14. Buffalo Bills (7-9): Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
15. Chicago Bears (7-9): Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
16. Houston Texans (8-8): Keith Rivers, LB, USC
17. Detriot Lions (8-8): Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL)
18. Philadelphia Eagles (8-8): DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
19. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
20. Tennessee Titans (10-6): Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
21. Washington Redskins (9-7): Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
22. Dallas Cowboys f/ Cleveland: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-6): Early Doucet, WR, LSU
24. New York Giants (10-6): Sam Baker, OT, USC
25. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5): Kentwan Balmer, DT/DE, North Carolina
26. San Diego Chargers (11-5): Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
27. Seattle Seahawks (11-5): Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5): Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
29. Green Bay Packers (13-3): Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
30. San Francisco 49ers f/ Indianapolis: Dre’ Moore, DL, Maryland
31. Dallas Cowboys (13-3): Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
32. New England Patriots (16-0): A New Hoody for Bill

thebow305
12-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Gholston would be better for the phins.

adschofield
12-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Gholston would be better for the phins.

I orginally had that, but decided that it was a reach...didn't seem like a Parcells move...But honestly, that was the toughest pick in the mock

thebow305
12-29-2007, 12:57 AM
I orginally had that, but decided that it was a reach...didn't seem like a Parcells move...But honestly, that was the toughest pick in the mock

It is most certainly a parcells move... much more so than an OT. He believes big time in shutdown corners and great pass rushers. He also has said that priority number one is building the defense back up so you have to believe it starts with one of those two positions, certainly not an offensive tackle.

adschofield
12-29-2007, 12:59 AM
It is most certainly a parcells move... much more so than an OT. He believes big time in shutdown corners and great pass rushers. He also has said that priority number one is building the defense back up so you have to believe it starts with one of those two positions, certainly not an offensive tackle.

Oh certainly position wise, it fits, but I see Gholston much more of a pick #10-#15 talent, and I don't think Parcells would reach on him

thebow305
12-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh certainly position wise, it fits, but I see Gholston much more of a pick #10-#15 talent, and I don't think Parcells would reach on him

Well that's where you and I disagree. In a perfect world, I would love to trade down with Atlanta and get the 4th or 5th pick instead, while also nabbing a 2nd rounder or so from them in exchange then nabbing Vernon there. But in the worst case scenario, I think Gholston would just have to be picked there, and would be most logical overall, especially with all the success that his position has had recently with guys like Joey Porter, Kamerion Wimbley, Julian Peterson, Damarcus Ware, and Shawne Merriman to name a few. Just my opinion.

adschofield
12-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Well that's where you and I disagree. In a perfect world, I would love to trade down with Atlanta and get the 4th or 5th pick instead, while also nabbing a 2nd rounder or so from them in exchange then nabbing Vernon there. But in the worst case scenario, I think Gholston would just have to be picked there, and would be most logical overall, especially with all the success that his position has had recently with guys like Joey Porter, Kamerion Wimbley, Julian Peterson, Damarcus Ware, and Shawne Merriman to name a few. Just my opinion.

In the end, I see Miami trading down, and nabbing Gholston, but I didn't want to include trades because it's gets all messy and confusing.

thebow305
12-29-2007, 01:12 AM
In the end, I see Miami trading down, and nabbing Gholston, but I didn't want to include trades because it's gets all messy and confusing.

gotcha... i hope you're right. I believe it will in the end as well.

TitanHope
12-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Parcells does like a huge offensive line, so it's not like Jake Long is unreasonable.

As for the Titans, I dislike the pick of Merling. The only reason DE is a need is because both Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy are FA's at the end of this season. But, I doubt we let both go. If we're left with one, then we can find depth later in the draft. They're both injury prone, so I don't think they'll cost top dollar. Plus, Merling isn't tempting, as opposed to a Calais Campbell. A DE roation of Kyle Vanden Bosch, Odom, Merling, and Bryce Fisher would be sick, but we have bigger needs. Actually, DT may be more of a need than DE as we have no one to fill in for Haynesworth when he gets hurt. The reason we have trouble is because no one has Fat Al's size, strength, and athleticism that is important for out 1-gap scheme. I think Dre Moore could fill his role in our defense when Al goes down, and also play next to him. I think KVB, Haynesworth, Moore, Odom > KVB, Haynesworth, Tony Brown, Merling.

If Malcolm Kelly and Mario Manningham don't declare, I wouldn't touch WR in the 1st RD. A good value will be there in the 2nd RD in Marry Douglas, Bowman, or someone. Plus, Fred Davis would be great as well.

Jakey
12-29-2007, 06:06 AM
I like Balmer...but not in round 1. Assuming Aaron Smith recovers well from his injury, i dont see it as a round 1 need. OT/OG/C/WR/CB are all bigger needs in my opinion. Not a bad mock though.

weasel
12-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Let's start with a simple fix. It's s'il vous plait. The rest of it may not be fixable.

weasel
12-29-2007, 07:24 AM
You did nail three picks out of the top ten. I gave you the Jets, the Patriots and the Broncos. I just don't see this as close to anything but a disaster if teams go this way. Ouch. 2nd pick money for a QB in Atlanta and it is a guy like Ryan with DMac still on the board. Once again, let's try another first round pick like oh Jake Long. No problem with the player or the team taking him but the Tuna is not going to draft Long in the first with so many players available. I'm a Jake Long fan and I don't see it happening. Think another Long like Chris Long or Vernon Gholsten. Someone he could sign for less money if he cannot trade out of this slot. Atlanta may be looking to trade up for McFadden. There is no way he gets past Atlanta. Just my opinion. With that said, the rest of the top ten falls apart. On the bright side, you got going well in the second ten with the#11,12 and 13 picks.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-29-2007, 07:55 AM
I want to strangle you for giving us Ryan over McFadden.

scottyboy
12-29-2007, 09:52 AM
giants pick is just awful considering Cason was sitting there for the taking.

derza222
12-29-2007, 10:33 AM
If the Jets slipped to 6 and still got Gholston I would be very, very happy.

Rich Jr
12-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Saints+Jenkins makes me happy in the pants

jdb1972
12-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Clady to Carolina sounds right, though they'll probably be drafting later than #9.

Bills2083
12-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Good pick for Buffalo, and good pick for New England.

Young Legend
12-29-2007, 11:44 AM
cant go wrong with Mcfadden..

Xiomera
12-29-2007, 11:50 AM
17. Detriot Lions (8-8): Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL)

I hate underacheivers . . . give me Aqib Talib

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
We take Matt Ryan with the second pick in the draft...

well, I have to say that's even worse than the previous worse thing I have seen. That being Matt Ryan with the fourth pick in the draft.

12-29-2007, 02:03 PM
McFadden to the Raiders, sounds too good to be true. :D

adschofield
12-29-2007, 03:53 PM
You did nail three picks out of the top ten. I gave you the Jets, the Patriots and the Broncos. I just don't see this as close to anything but a disaster if teams go this way. Ouch. 2nd pick money for a QB in Atlanta and it is a guy like Ryan with DMac still on the board. Once again, let's try another first round pick like oh Jake Long. No problem with the player or the team taking him but the Tuna is not going to draft Long in the first with so many players available. I'm a Jake Long fan and I don't see it happening. Think another Long like Chris Long or Vernon Gholsten. Someone he could sign for less money if he cannot trade out of this slot. Atlanta may be looking to trade up for McFadden. There is no way he gets past Atlanta. Just my opinion. With that said, the rest of the top ten falls apart. On the bright side, you got going well in the second ten with the#11,12 and 13 picks.

Don't get me wrong, I really think that the Falcons would be better served going with DMC, but I just think they will reach to get Ryan because he fills the bigger need

adschofield
12-29-2007, 04:00 PM

What other picks in the top ten do you have a beef with?

Chris Long bolsters the St. Louis line, and allows them to switch to the 3-4 if they want.

Kansas City gets the best player available at a big need, and allows them to address OL later since it's a deep class.

Oakland gets the best player in the draft with McFadden.

NY gets a much needed pass rusher

Baltimore fills their biggest need with Brohm, even though it's a reach.

New England adds youth to their LB corp with a stud in Laurenitis

Carolina fills a need with Clady.

And Denver gets a stud Safety at a position of need.

Also, to clarify, the draft order that I have factors in SOS from numbers #1-#20 (I got too lazy to do the others) with my predicted final records.

adschofield
12-29-2007, 04:01 PM
giants pick is just awful considering Cason was sitting there for the taking.

Noted...Cason kinda of fell through the cracks when I altered the mock

T-RICH49
12-29-2007, 06:54 PM
AWESOME Chiefs pick