Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/wallacegilberry.html

Beau Bell, OLB, UNLV
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/beaubell.html

Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/tomzbikowski.html

scottyboy
12-29-2007, 09:04 AM
love the Doucet writeup, been looking forward to that for a bit. and the new draft schedule mixes up your projections, eh Scott? No longer are they day 1 picks, but 2nd or 3rd rounders haha.

gdamac
12-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Scott, I was wondering if it's no trouble, do you have Michael Huff's '06 scouting report easily avaaible? A lot of my fellow Raider fans are labeling this guy a bust because he only has 1 INT in 2 years. They all seem to think he was labeled a play maker coming out of college, and what I remember and can find on the net does not support that. Raider fans are quick to forget that since Huff Joined the Raiders, neither Gonzalez or Gates (Is this the AFC west or the Bush admin.?) have had a big day against the Raiders and that is because of Huff. If it isn't easy, no problem, don't want to be trouble. Thanks for all your hard work.

Scott Wright
12-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Scott, I was wondering if it's no trouble, do you have Michael Huff's '06 scouting report easily avaaible? A lot of my fellow Raider fans are labeling this guy a bust because he only has 1 INT in 2 years. They all seem to think he was labeled a play maker coming out of college, and what I remember and can find on the net does not support that. Raider fans are quick to forget that since Huff Joined the Raiders, neither Gonzalez or Gates (Is this the AFC west or the Bush admin.?) have had a big day against the Raiders and that is because of Huff. If it isn't easy, no problem, don't want to be trouble. Thanks for all your hard work.

Here it is:

Michael Huff, S, Texas
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 204 | 40-Time: 4.34

Strengths:
Very athletic with excellent speed...A playmaker and ballhawk in the secondary who has a nose for the ball...Really has a knack for taking interceptions to the house...Versatile and has experience at both safety and cornerback...Moves well and shows terrific range...Very reliable tackler...Smart player with tremendous instincts...Comes from a program with a strong history of developing pro DB's.

Weaknesses:
May be a bit of a 'tweener who doesn't fit in at either safety or corner at the pro level...Will gamble at times in an effort to come away with a turnover...Needs to work on and refine his technique...Needs to get stronger...Was shuffled around throughout his career and was never able to concentrate on just one position.

Notes:
Thorpe Award winner...Brother (Marcus King) is a safety at Missouri...When it comes to making a big play in the secondary you won't find many who have done it as well as this guy at the college level the past few years...His pro position is still up in the air but with his physical tools it certainly give teams a lot of options.

BeerBaron
12-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I like the Rucker report. Although sometimes having a receiver in a TE's body isn't a bad thing...

a guy can put on weight and be taught to block, but speed and soft hands just can't be

Don Killuminati
12-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Whoever is labeling Huff a Bust are idiots. He's not a very good tackler. But in one on one coverage, he's terrific.

He's doing exactly what he was drafted to do: Putting a stop to the ass beatings we've gotten from TEs over the last several years.

Unfortunately for him, and our other DBs for that matter, our defensive scheme doesn't put players in a position to create turnovers. Manning up across the board may keep opposing receivers' stats' down, but it's just not conducive to putting up many defensive stats either.

Anyway, been looking forward to the Beau Bell write up. Know a couple guys really high on him. You say his ball skills are iffy. Is that a reflection on his entire body of owrk? Statistically, it seems as though he really improved in that area as a senior.

Hines
12-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Like the Bell and Doucet writeups. Do you see Doucet slipping somehow if juniors come out?

gdamac
12-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Here it is:

Michael Huff, S, Texas
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 204 | 40-Time: 4.34

Strengths:
Very athletic with excellent speed...A playmaker and ballhawk in the secondary who has a nose for the ball...Really has a knack for taking interceptions to the house...Versatile and has experience at both safety and cornerback...Moves well and shows terrific range...Very reliable tackler...Smart player with tremendous instincts...Comes from a program with a strong history of developing pro DB's.

Weaknesses:
May be a bit of a 'tweener who doesn't fit in at either safety or corner at the pro level...Will gamble at times in an effort to come away with a turnover...Needs to work on and refine his technique...Needs to get stronger...Was shuffled around throughout his career and was never able to concentrate on just one position.

Notes:
Thorpe Award winner...Brother (Marcus King) is a safety at Missouri...When it comes to making a big play in the secondary you won't find many who have done it as well as this guy at the college level the past few years...His pro position is still up in the air but with his physical tools it certainly give teams a lot of options.

I appreciate it, so playmaking was his calling card. Well, maybe I am drinking too much Raider Koolaid, or maybe I am just stuborn but I won't call him a bust just yet. Nnamdi Asomugha had 0 INTs after 3 seasons, then 8 in '06. Also, with so many players busting in Oakland, I wonder if it really is the players, or lack of consistency at HC. Again, thanks for everything.

Whoever is labeling Huff a Bust are idiots. He's not a very good tackler. But in one on one coverage, he's terrific.

He's doing exactly what he was drafted to do: Putting a stop to the ass beatings we've gotten from TEs over the last several years.

Unfortunately for him, and our other DBs for that matter, our defensive scheme doesn't put players in a position to create turnovers. Manning up across the board may keep opposing receivers' stats' down, but it's just not conducive to putting up many defensive stats either.

Anyway, been looking forward to the Beau Bell write up. Know a couple guys really high on him. You say his ball skills are iffy. Is that a reflection on his entire body of owrk? Statistically, it seems as though he really improved in that area as a senior.

Tony Gonzalez has 0 TDs vs. Oakland since Huff entered the league. Gates has two, both in '06. 2 TDs vs. Gates/Gonzalez in 6 games (Gonzales missed 1 in '06). That speaks for itself.

--

I like the Tim Z. write ups and the Early Ducet. I think the pluses Ducet has added to existing chemistry with JaMarcus, I wouldn't complain if the Raiders picked him. Wouldn't mind Tim Z. on day two either.

'cuse-213
12-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Zbikowski would be a good fit for the Jets imo. We need a good punt returner and hed be great on special teams. Weve also had inconsistency at SS.

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm not sold on Beau Bell. I don't know what it is, probably the durability issues, that just makes me uneasy about drafting him in the 2nd round.

Babylon
12-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Zbikowski would be a good fit for the Jets imo. We need a good punt returner and hed be great on special teams. Weve also had inconsistency at SS.

I think Zbikwoski could probably do very well with the Jets and you're right they're safety situation has been spotty (since Ronnie Lott was there). Not sure about the 4.55 speed with the report he was 10.4 100 meters in highschool which certainly doesnt translate to 4.55. I'll admit i'm wrong if he doesnt run better at the combine. My guess is he turns at least one high 4.4

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Wallace Gilberry is a playmaker. I'm not a Bama fan (Bama= live in Bama), but when ever I watch them play he's making plays.

Smokey Joe
12-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm a big fan of Gilberry...

12-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I regard Rucker as the top TE and he warrants a late first round pick IMO.

Chris30277
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I think if Mike Zimmer stays with the Falcons this year, Zbikowski would fit in great there. I know they drafted Daren Stone from Maine last year, but I still havn't seen enough of him to declare him Milloy's successor. Zimmer has played Milloy up in the box so much this year, so it is only natural to think that Zbikowski would be a perfect fit.

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Stone is pretty good. I'd give him some time.

Chris30277
12-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I still think Zbikowski would be great ST depth behind stone if Milloy retires.

Billingsley26
12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I regard Rucker as the top TE and he warrants a late first round pick IMO.

Rucker is not as athletic as Fred Davis. I think Fred Davis is a better receiving TE.

I would take Fred Davis over Martin Rucker, but not by much. I still love Rucker as a prospect, because of his size over Davis.

KCJ58
12-29-2007, 04:18 PM
can't wait to read Craig Stevens

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 05:45 PM
I like FredDavis (Tight End Southern California University) a lot too. Always making plays and can get down the field.

12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Rucker is not as athletic as Fred Davis. I think Fred Davis is a better receiving TE.

I would take Fred Davis over Martin Rucker, but not by much. I still love Rucker as a prospect, because of his size over Davis.

Rucker reminds me a lot of Gates and I dont use that very loosely.

Billingsley26
12-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Rucker reminds me a lot of Gates and I dont use that very loosely.

That it fair to say, but it is a different situation. Gates wasnt a groomed prospect like Rucker is. Gates was a basketball player not football. Tough to really compare Rucker to someone. Maybe Jeremy Shockey.

12-29-2007, 06:12 PM
That it fair to say, but it is a different situation. Gates wasnt a groomed prospect like Rucker is. Gates was a basketball player not football. Tough to really compare Rucker to someone. Maybe Jeremy Shockey.

If not Gates Id say Gonzalez honestly.

Billingsley26
12-29-2007, 06:19 PM
If not Gates Id say Gonzalez honestly.

Why not Shockey? I think Shockey because they have similar sizes and similar speeds and quickness. I liken both their styles. Not as much of a WR, but they can take a short pass a long way. When I see Rucker, it reminds me off Shockey.

Hines
12-29-2007, 06:26 PM
If Bennett from TAM comes out, he will be the only first round tight end in my opinion.

Grave Digger
12-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I like Gilberry also.

This may be off topic but I can't seem to find Miss. St. DE Titus Brown anywhere in the rankings. Almost every game I saw of Miss. St. this year I came away impressed with Brown. Personally, I think he's right in the same range as Chris Harrington and Gilberry.

12-30-2007, 05:41 AM
If Bennett from TAM comes out, he will be the only first round tight end in my opinion.

No question hes a first round calibur talent even in what looks to be a deep TE class but Id like to believe theres other very skillful options who could potentially sneak in there with Rucker being the main one that stands out.